Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-18-2001, 01:28 PM   #1
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Is Hidayet Turkoglu the next Eric Piatkowski?

This past season Turkoglu averaged 16.8 minutes, 2.8 RPG, .9 APG, .7 SPG, .74 TOPG, 1.9 PF, and 5.3 PPG on .412 FG% (.326 from 3-point range). In Eric Piatkowski's rookie year, he averaged 14.9 minutes, 1.6 RPG, 1 APG, .46 SPG, .19 BPG, .78 TOPG, 1.9 PF, and 7 PPG on .441 FG% (.374 from 3-point range). That similarity is uncanny.

A lot of people are high on Turkoglu's amazing potential, and think he may be the deciding factor that keeps the Kings ahead of the Mavs next season. It looks to me like Turkoglu might be decidedly more than that... In a world of Jordan comparisons, is it far-fetched to surmise there might be another Piatkowski out there? Maybe, but I believe this kid could follow in the footsteps of the greatest Clipper in NBA history...

Yes, sir, the Mavs are going to have a hell of a time surpassing the Kings if Turkoglu meets his potential.
Old 07-18-2001, 03:23 PM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

LOL Mavinator..
Old 07-18-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't crown him the next coming of Piatkowski just yet Mavinator..not until he stops thinking his new nose is holding him back.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 08:38 PM   #4
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

And of course, Piatkowski never had a Chris Webber to recieve passes from...
Old 07-19-2001, 06:49 AM   #5
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Turkoglu might become a good player, but why should we compare him with Piatkowski? Who cares about Eric? Hidayet Turkoglu will be one of the best European players ever, but won't reach Dirk Nowitzki by far!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 08:49 AM   #6
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

I consider Hedo as an "European Scottie Pippen" ... sure NOT yet, but ...
he's the youngest among these 3 - Dirk, Peja, Hedo - musketeers ...
the most impressive thing about him is he can play D ...
I like this Turkish boy ... and Turkey plays soccer really well these days ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 10:03 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

actually, i'd like to have piatkowski in a mavs uniform..he'd be a good fit for the mavs
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 07:17 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Of course, the post should be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as how I'm a huge Piatkowski fan. I wrote it more so I could harass Kings fans I found on another board...

Piatkowski is one of the most underrated players in the league. I would love for him to sign with us next offseason, but I'm also kind of hoping he stays a Clipper throughout his career so they can retire his jersey...
Old 07-23-2001, 01:22 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The "Polish Rifle" has always looked a little bit like an "Iowan Scottie Pippen" to me...