Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-20-2002, 10:55 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Anybody see the Pat's/Raiders game last night? Man that was awesome. I'd love to play football in snow like that.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, that was sweet. I watched the part before the Mavs game, then OT after the Mavs were over.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 05:46 PM   #3
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Well, had the refs not blown that call(yes, they blew the call), I would have won 450 bucks, so that really pissed me off....but, thats betting football for ya
Old 01-21-2002, 06:58 PM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

reeds, they didn't blow the call. the rule is the rule. perhaps the rule is the problem, but the refs were following the rulebook.

Old 01-21-2002, 09:18 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree BBL. It was the right call.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:30 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

here's the rule... (got this from espn.com)

"The ruling of referee Walt Coleman: while Brady was trying to tuck the ball, his arm was moving forward, thus the play was ruled an incomplete pass. This was based on Rule 3, Section 21, Article 2, Note 2 of the NFL rule book: '...any intentional forward movement of [the passer's] arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body.'"
Old 01-22-2002, 05:20 PM   #7
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

As a native of Massachusetts, that game rocked!!! And the ref made the right call by the rulebook.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:24 PM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Ok, I understand the rule book and all of that, but come on now, if you all saw that play, please don't tell me he was pulling that pass back down. Because if he was trying to pass that ball he would have been trying to complete the pass at his feet. The original call was a fumble, they should have left it at that in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:22 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Exactly...it wasn't very conclusive and they should have left it at that. Because if that is a fumble then that game is over.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:21 PM   #10
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

guys, easy here...show a little love for my patriots!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

you can't like the raiders that much
Old 01-23-2002, 09:03 AM   #11
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

even if it would have been incomplete to his feet, his arm was still moving forward. thus the call.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:39 PM   #12
TheKid
Diamond Member

What I'm saying Big Boy is he was originally going to pass it then he decided not to and was pulling the ball back down. Then he was hit, therefore that makes it a fumble in my eyes. I liked what Andy Reid said, he said, "if you look at the tape, the player gives you an indication if it's a fumble. Look at his actions, he tried to tackle the guy who picked it up so it's simple it was a fumble."

Now I'll give the Patriots credit after that call because after that, they earned that win. That kick by Vinetari was simply amazing, however it should have never gotten to that point.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:52 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

oh, i've seen the play. many times. and i do think it LOOKED like a fumble.

if that rule were not in the rulebook, it would have stayed a fumble. he was definitely not trying to pass it.

but my point is that the refs were correct in their ruling. even though i will be the first to admit that i think it's a stupid rule. and i bet the entire raiders team shares that opinion.

and as far as the actions of the player, i bet you that brady did not even know that the rule that saved the patriots season was even a rule. he probably thought he fumbled.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:45 PM   #14
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well then I agree as far as the rule goes, you're right then.. It did coincide with the rule, but I think that rule needs some MAJOR overhauling.