Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Josh Beckett

Josh Beckett had never thrown a complete game at the professional level before the playoffs (in either the minors or majors)

he threw a 2 hit shutout versus the Cubs in game six to send it to a decisive game 7 and then he threw a 5 hit gem against the Yankees to win it last night..

absolutely amazing
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #2
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Josh Beckett

Josh Beckett pitched one of the best games this poster has ever seen last night. This kid needs an agent...

Josh! The Rangers are the best team for you to play for!
Old 10-26-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Josh Beckett

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Josh Beckett pitched one of the best games this poster has ever seen last night. This kid needs an agent...

Yeah, he'll leave a team he just won a ring with for a sub .500 team that play's in a hitter's park, right. And he has a agent by the way.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Quote:

Yeah, he'll leave a team he just won a ring with for a sub .500 team that play's in a hitter's park, right. And he has a agent by the way.

sarcasm.

look into it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:46 PM   #5
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Quote:
Quote:

sarcasm.

look into it.
There is an emoticon for it. Based on some of his other posts, there really is no way of knowing if he was being sarcastic or not. Not that his post aren't good, just his style, so honestly he may not have been sarcastic. Regardless, even if he was sarcastic, it doesn't mean I can't have a retort.

Old 10-27-2003, 04:47 PM   #6
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

And by the way, he DOES have an agent Aex, and I really don't think he was being sarcastic about saying Josh needs one, ergo I informed him he has one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 05:16 PM   #7
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
There is an emoticon for it. Based on some of his other posts, there really is no way of knowing if he was being sarcastic or not. Not that his post aren't good, just his style, so honestly he may not have been sarcastic. Regardless, even if he was sarcastic, it doesn't mean I can't have a retort.
He needs a NEW agent, i.e. me. BTW, 99% of everything I say is in sarcasm, it is my attempt at humor in 98% of those cases. I obviously need to be more clear in my communications. Apparently we are all carving these things into a big rock for future generations. So let us make the record clear one and all.

Josh Beckett gave one of the best performances I've ever seen in sports by an individual. But then again, I don't KNOW EVERYTHING about baseball, as I'm sure someone here does. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] (Emoticon added for effect and clarity)

Quote:
Yeah, he'll leave a team he just won a ring with for a sub .500 team that play's in a hitter's park, right.
For the right $$ he will do anything! I forgot though, the Rangers will NEVER spend money on pitching, only on home runs.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:20 PM   #8
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Thanks for the lucidity Dallas, no harm then. Josh however, to me, seems like one interested in winning to money.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:25 PM   #9
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Default RE: Josh Beckett

I hope you are right. In which case, maybe the Marlins sell all their guys again and this guy finds his way to Texas for $13 million a year. Just a dream.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:27 PM   #10
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
I hope you are right. In which case, maybe the Marlins sell all their guys again and this guy finds his way to Texas for $13 million a year. Just a dream.
However, knowing the Rangers luck, they'll get him for big bucks, and he'll post a 5.60 ERA, lol.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:37 PM   #11
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
However, knowing the Rangers luck, they'll get him for big bucks, and he'll post a 5.60 ERA, lol.
Not even the Rangers pitching jinx could stop this kid. Only cocaine or females could keep him from becoming a hall of famer. He has it. The pundits are weighing in. I never saw an ounce of fear in his eyes through 9 innings. We would just trade him after a year for a prospect and Barry Bonds or someone else who is worthless but hits a long ball and plays outfield, and old.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #12
BQuinn2210

BQuinn2210 is on a distinguished road

If the rangers ever got a pitcher of Josh Becketts calaber, I would be so suprised. if he was smart, he would come to the rangers because this organization is turning around and in a big way
BQuinn2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:34 AM   #13
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: BQuinn2210
If the rangers ever got a pitcher of Josh Becketts calaber, I would be so suprised. if he was smart, he would come to the rangers because this organization is turning around and in a big way
If he was smart he would stay away from Texas. No pitcher wants to come to the Ballpark in Arlington.