Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-29-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default Bedlam game!

Being a Sooner, this is one of the most important games of the year for me, and probably the second most important game in the nation this week. (Miami - Va Tech.)

any thoughts?

or are you guys all 'horns fans?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Bedlam game!

I'm pulling for the upset in both. I'd be very happy if TCU came out of this weekend as the NCAA's lone unbeaten team.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:26 PM   #3
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Bedlam game!

I actually think Oklahoma St. is going to pull this one off...for the third year in a row no less...As good as Oklahoma is, they have trouble winnning this game every year, and they wil this year too.

Miami never loses to Virginia Tech. Even though Miami isn't as good as Oklahoma, they will maintain their undefeated mark and continue for their national title bid.

This won't put Oklahoma out of it, though, because it would make miami the only undefeated team (except TCU, but they aren't going to be playing for any national title), so the 2nd spot will still be up for grabs.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:41 PM   #4
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road

Two Words: RASHAUN WOODS
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:56 PM   #5
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Despite the fact that this is the Bedlam game, and OU should get hyped up for it every year, the past two years they have not done so. However, there's a lot more on the line this year than there has been in previous years. Yes, OU is competing for a national championship. But, at this point, Ok St. is also. If they beat OU, and win the rest of their schedule, they can get high enough in the BCS to make the championship game.

I don't think that it is even worth arguing against the fact that Bob Stoops is the best big-game coach in the nation. I believe that he is 10-1 against top 10 teams and 24-3 against top 25 over his career. (I might be wrong on wins, but i'm almost positive i'm right on the amount of losses, and that is, very few.) This is the biggest Bedlam game with the most implications that he has ever faced, and I think that the team will be fully prepared to win this game.

Two words for Rashaun Woods: Derrick Strait

Four words for him: Everage across the middle.

Old 10-30-2003, 03:59 PM   #6
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

So Saltwaterchaffy, what do think the score will be?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:13 AM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I hope everyone has one loss by the time the weekend is over. But it aint happenin t he Sooners are to damn good. Jason White is the nations leading heisman candidate. The Sooners just have too good of a pass rush to lose.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:47 AM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

On paper, OU always looks like it should beat OSU, but at least for the passed 3 years that hasn't happened.

Now OSU looks like it actually has some weapons at QB, WR & RB, so that probably means OU will beat them. That's how screwy this rivalry has been. Go figure.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:30 AM   #9
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road

Do I have to say it again? RASHAUN WOODS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:20 PM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

Do you guys predict a blow out or a close game?
Old 11-02-2003, 02:07 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Do you guys predict a blow out or a close game?
I predict a blowout. I think OSU is going to get killed in this one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I am the prognosticator of the board!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 02:33 PM   #12
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Wahoo!