Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default Insomnia--do any of you have it?

I have suffered from insomnia for years. Alot of my posts occur in the wee hours because I can't sleep.

I notice alot of other people write here at odd hours, too. DO any of you suffer from insomnia?

Anyone have any sugestions on how to cure it?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Yes, I do.

No, no suggestions.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I have bouts when something is going on the next day or stress is laying me out.

We've just moved into a place with a hot tub which seems to relax me quite a bit, possibly a hot bath?

Sitting on this thing isn't a big help to me to be honest.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-02-2007 at 07:14 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yep...I slept 2 hours last night and 3 the night before.. sleep the previous few weeks before that was very sporadic
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah... I have to force myself to go to bed. I am awake until 2am almost every night. I have to get up at 5:30ish to get ready for work and feed my little girl - obviously not much sleep. I tend to catch up on the weekends as I drag pretty well all day Friday, but I would just stare at the ceiling if I went to bed any earlier. It has become increasingly frustrating lately, but I have no real tips to make it better.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Alcohol..lots of it. You'll be out, but it might not constitute quality sleep.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

nyquil and jack daniels cocktail.

take 2 of these and call me in the morning.

-Dr. Flaco
Old 01-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Flaco's license is hereby revoked.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If I really need to go to sleep, I find 1/2 of a Tylenol PM usually does the trick.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Flaco's license is hereby revoked.
damnit!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #11
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

This is nothing to joke about. Dependency on alcohol to get you to sleep is a dark dark road. Please don't take that stupid advice. Naturally, you want to see a doctor about it and you seem like a smart enough person, try researching the net. The advice you are getting here is a sick joke, hopefully you know that.

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-02-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Well, that's why I said that drinking too much alcohol and passing out wouldn't constitute 'quality' sleep.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #13
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Chew valerian root and get some more exercise.....
-Fight Club Doctor
Old 01-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I"ve tried a couple of different prescriptions for insomnia, they all have their ups/downsides. Downsides is a lot of use makes it pretty difficult to get off them and pretty quick dependence. One thing that we've done recently that seems to help us drift off is we invested in a very good electric blanket. $150+ bucks, with dual controls.

We will pre-heat this before going to bed, I like mine really warm. We can keep the house really cool, yet the bed really toasty without having to have a zillion covers. That has helpmed me a lot as well, it seems that lowering the body temperature helps sleeping.

We've just moved recently and my commute has gone from 45+minutes (if I left at 6:00 a.m. sharp) to 10 minutes no matter when I leave. This seems to have cut down on the stress of trying to get to sleep because I HAD to get up by 5:00am or I'm stuck in bad traffic. This and the blanket has pretty much resolved my prior insomnia.

With respect to drugs I've tried:
- Ambien is pretty good, I've taken those, usually on a sunday before work when I hardly ever sleep well. My wife cuts them in half and takes one every few weeks when she's having exceptional difficulties. They work well but it's better that you get 8 hours because the effects last that long. There is a slight hangover effect.

- Sonata...This one was pretty good if you stay asleep once you get to sleep. It last's only about 4 hours with little hangover at all. In fact some folks have prescribed it for long airline flights. You take it, go to sleep but if awoken, you aren't groggy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #15
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have insomnia. I found that masturbating furiously helped me sleep.

I no longer suffer from insomnia, but I still masturbate furiously.

Perhaps that's more than you really needed to know.

Cheers
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #16
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I have no problem whatsoever falling asleep, it's staying asleep that I have major problems with... it seems to be a two part thing... 1, my legs have a tendency to move on their own and twich a lot. 2 is some BS stuff that drives me nuts - I wake up in the night and have little hallucinations that something terrible is going on in the room, such as the carpet's on fire, or there is a snake in the bed, etc. It's not like sleepwalking, I'm 'awake' when I experience this, it's just kind of like an altered state of consciousness, and it takes me a while to realize that it's not really happening...

So yeah, definitely not a stranger to sleep disorders.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #17
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos

Cheers
LOL....... But yeah........ LOL

Last edited by bernardos70; 01-02-2007 at 12:25 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I historically have been a major night person, never truly feeling tired until I've been up 18 - 20 hours, but on the flipside, my body never feels rested until I've slept 10 hours. What I really need is a 30 hour day.

But, the thing that helps it for me are 1) maniacal observance of getting up and going to bed at the same time no matter what - fighting the urge to stay up and do something since you can't sleep anyway, and 2) lots of exercise.

I generally don't do a good job of sticking to either, but when I do manage stick to a rigid schedule and make a point to get to the gym, my falling asleep issues all but go away.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

Cheers
I've found that it has the opposite impact on my ability to get to sleep. If done directly before going to bed, I have even more difficulty getting to sleep.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #20
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

I also have insomnia, because I don´t want to miss any Mavs games which are (for german people) always in the dead of night (between 1:30am and 4:30am starting time).

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-02-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

If everyone claims to have a sleep disorder, then it's not really a disorder is it?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #22
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Fluid41, I am sure it is a correlation with being a message board fanatic... I just hope some people aren't masturbating and posting at the same time. Not a good picture...
Old 01-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #23
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have ANY of the "problems" that have been identified in this thread..... whether it be the one identified in the thread name or elsewhere in the threads contents.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
I have no problem whatsoever falling asleep, it's staying asleep that I have major problems with... it seems to be a two part thing... 1, my legs have a tendency to move on their own and twich a lot. 2 is some BS stuff that drives me nuts - I wake up in the night and have little hallucinations that something terrible is going on in the room, such as the carpet's on fire, or there is a snake in the bed, etc. It's not like sleepwalking, I'm 'awake' when I experience this, it's just kind of like an altered state of consciousness, and it takes me a while to realize that it's not really happening...

So yeah, definitely not a stranger to sleep disorders.
If you haven't you should see your physician soon. Restless legs disorder is easily correctable and if it isn't that he/she should talk to you about other potential causes.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #25
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've also suffered from long bouts of insomnia over the years, but sadly I don't know of any cure. Generally, my bouts tend to run for a week or more at a time, and no matter how tired I am, and no matter how many hours I lay in bed trying to make myself go to sleep I just can't get myself into a sleep state (this often happens when I am stressed out or angry).

Whenever this happens, doing things like posting on bulletin boards and reading extensively sometimes helps, because it mellows me out and takes my mind away from whatever more corporeal things are bothering me, and to some degree, moderate drinking of non-caffinated alcohol (and I know this isn't necessarily healthy) also often does yeoman's work in helping me to finally get to sleep. Additionally, for some reason I've traditionally found it much easier to take short naps during the day than to fall asleep at night, so I've long mitigated the profound tiredness that I feel during daylight hours during the midst of a bout, by taking short naps whenever I have a free hour or two during the day...
Old 01-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I have seen in my lifetime, insomnia is caused from the mind being overworked (stressed) and kicking into gear -- when the body is not physically tired enough to get to sleep.

Remedy, do more mindless physical work during the day (garden, work-out), and then slow the mind down by reading (Bible does the trick for me), close to bed time.

Also, don't use your bed as a living room. No TV, don't read there, etc. unless you are about to go to sleep. Train the body to "go to sleep" when it is in bed.

It works for me, but then again, I can sleep about anytime unless I let my mind (stress) control me.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

In reading up on some of sleep drugs there was a suggestion to get rid of the clock. Or at least make sure you cannot see it.

The reasoning was that it removed the anxiety of knowing you HAVE to get some sleep because you have to get up in two hours or so. I hadn't thought of that but the times I've had issues I did keep looking at the clock to see how bad it was getting.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #28
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Cheaper than Lunesta or Ambien....

...though possible side effects include uncontrollable rage, pillow punching, nausea.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 01-02-2007 at 05:27 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC

...though possible side effects include uncontrollable rage, pillow punching, nausea.
Genious...
Old 01-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #30
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

irontoad: I had some "dreams" in which something demonic was holding my mouth shut or something like that, especially as a teenager. I'd heard somewhere that there was power in just saying the name of Jesus, so I'd fight to say "Jesus". Sometimes it felt like something was fighting to keep me quiet, but once I got it said, I would wake up and could breathe and move again. I'm sure my priest would say "Jesus" is a magical word, but there could also have been a more scientific explanation. Either way, it worked! You could always try a different word too.

Oddly enough, I too have found that reading the Bible can help me get to sleep. Sometimes it's because I'm reading a more boring passage (or one I am unfamiliar with), and other times it's because the stories (or poetical books) are so peaceful & relaxing. Of course, you have to be able to focus in on whatever you're reading. If it doesn't hold your attention enough, your thoughts will wonder to the things that keep you up at night. If it stimuates your mind too much, then it won't help you focus, breathe, relax and fall asleep.

An idea I didn't do often, but really worked:
Swimming laps slowly, and focusing exclusively on my breathing and strokes (the feel of the water, etc.) for the entire time. Then take a warm shower while keeping your surroundings and thoughts as quiet and calm as possible. Control your breathing and body movements as much out of the pool as you did while swimming. This keeps your mind, and therefore body, more primed for sleep as opposed to "action". There is just something about being in the water for a while before going to bed.

Sorry, so long.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
I have suffered from insomnia for years. Alot of my posts occur in the wee hours because I can't sleep.

I notice alot of other people write here at odd hours, too. DO any of you suffer from insomnia?

Anyone have any sugestions on how to cure it?

Some of that has to do with different time zones. I live on the West Coast plus I'm a night person who tends to stay up late. I know others live in different time zones too.

I'm a night person and I sometimes have a lot of trouble getting to sleep. Once I'm asleep though I sleep soundly and don't wake up easily. I have trouble getting up early in the morning, no matter how late I stayed up, but I think that's mostly because I'm not a morning person. Good morning is an oxymoron to me.

Dalm gave some good advice. It tends to help you sleep if you have some tea or something hot to drink and then reading and or a hot bath is helpful. It helps get your body more relaxed.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #32
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Fire and Brimstone always help me sleep.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

work out. Join a gym, go everyday..make it a routine...then sleep nice
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #34
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cheers

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to alexamenos again.

HILARIOUS!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #35
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

When you have insomnia, you are never really asleep and you are never really awake.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #36
CarolinaJHoFan

CarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enoughCarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enough

Yes and i have taken ambien in the past and did not like it. At least 2 nites out of the week i lay in bed for 2 hours or more with no sleep in site. Tylenal PM is good but leaves me foggy the next morning and sometimes even unable to think clearly the next day.
CarolinaJHoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #37
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
When you have insomnia, you are never really asleep and you are never really awake.

I was waiting for somebody to say this. That was one weird movie.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #38
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

just a little note on my absolutely, positively horrendous experience with ambien...a couple of years ago I had bronchitis. I saw another doctor because my doctor was on vacation and was given an antibiotic. I called the next day to see if I could get something for the cough because I couldn't sleep at night and I was keeping the hubby up with my coughing as well. I don't know if I was misunderstood, but the doctor prescribed ambien (20 with SIX refils!!). so I took one that night and the next morning I woke up and found one beside the bed and the rest gone. apparently I kept taking them because I couldn't remember if I had taken one. by the time my husband noticed they were gone, I was falling down and slurring my words. I can't believe that I didn't have more serious side effects. I suggest if anyone does try this drug, that they only do so under supervision. I woke up the next morning and drove and have no memory of driving. I ran my car over the curb and did about $1000 damage to my car. thank God I turned around and came home without injuring someone. I can't believe the irresponsibility of that doctor to prescribe a new drug like that with six refils. absolutely crazy!!!!!!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Ambien is awful. I have heard so many bad stories. A guy I went fishing wiht one time took it and started sleep walking. He ended up having sex with a neighbor that he really didn't like. Another person I know took Ambien and drove herself to another freaking city before the police finally stopped her!!!!

It's an awful drug.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
He ended up having sex with a neighbor that he really didn't like.
So did the person he was having sex with think she was being raped? (assuming it's a woman) Or did she (or he, not the neighbor) take advantage of the ambien takers state on the drug.

Either way, that is awful. And hard to imagine.