Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: the best route to the 2nd round for the mavs?
lakers 8 5.59%
hornets 76 53.15%
spurs 59 41.26%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all
Default the best route to the 2nd round for the mavs?

which team do the mavs match up with best in the first round.

i hear a lot of folks saying the spurs are the team for the mavs to avoid since the kid trade.

i still think the spurs are the easiest road to the 2nd round

the most likely opponents in the 1st round are the lakers, hornets, and the spurs.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I think the Hornets are a little wet between the ears for the playoffs, then again the Scott-Kidd lead Nets team of 2001 had virtually no playoff experience. Can Scott-Paul do the same in a rugged West? I doubt it. I think the combo of West and Chandler can be stopped, as we saw a comparable (Shaq/Amare)big man tandem have their problems with the Mavs. I think paul becomes the key, can he be stopped, slowed down? Peja's going to be hit or miss. They don't have much bench bigs, so West and Chandler will ahve to see 40 minute nights in the series. But I think the Mavs can get by them in a 7 gamer. Spurs would be tough given all the experience and weapons. Lakers with Bryant, forget it. That's one team I'd hate to see in Round 1.....but there's the Bynum wild card. But my guess is that Bynum will be worked in as the first big off the bench, seeing no more than 15-20 minutes in the first round. I can't see Jackson feeling the need to throw him into the fire without much time with Gasol.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I've been thinking about this one myself for the last few days... I think it's the Spurs or Hornets, I chose the Hornets for this particular poll.

I think the Lakers are the most difficult matchup of the three, I do however think we could beat them in a 7 game series. It would be a 6-7 game series that could either way, in my mind... it would really just come down to who plays well on those given nights. We have some matchup problems against them, and they likewise against us. Yeah they have Kobe Bryant, but we have this guy who is pretty good too. Forgot his name though... as good as Odom looked on Friday, he was only 9-32 in the first 3 games against the Mavericks, so I'm not sure if Odom exposes a flaw in our defense as much as it appeared so on Friday.

Bynum is the wildcard though, I agree.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

We are most likely gonna end up with the Spurs, and that is fine by me.

But the reason why I like us vs. the Hornets is because I believe Josh, Jet, Stack can and should beat by a large margin their wing players. Peja can't defend much, and Josh should really take advantage of that matchup, and MoPete while a good defender certainly isn't the second coming of Bowen. Against Jet he would have problems matching up speed wise, and then bring Stack off the bench, as well as George to counter the physical style of Bonzi.

Whatever the differences at the other positions, we are just much better at our wings than them that over the long haul we should beat them.

However we are probably heading for the Spurs, and while I like the fact that we always play them tough, the Spurs are still the Spurs. Those f.... never die.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I voted Spurs, but I don't understand the utter dread toward the Lakers.

We lost the last three by a combined 10 points. We can definitely hang with them until the final moments, we just need to play defense at the end (which we FINALLY showed on Sunday that's something we can do).
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I voted Spurs, but I don't understand the utter dread toward the Lakers.

We lost the last three by a combined 10 points. We can definitely hang with them until the final moments, we just need to play defense at the end (which we FINALLY showed on Sunday that's something we can do).
I must spread some rep around, first.

But Dirdadirkastan is 110% correct, we can hang with anybody, it is just locking down in the fourth quarter that will take us to the finals. If not, oh well.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Ive been saying the Spurs.. and I voted Spurs.. but the more I think about it the more I realize how little it matters. Any series we play first round is going to 6 or 7 games. The most important thing is how goes into the playoffs with momentum and confidence. I think we can do that still.. and I think we can catch those top teams similar to how Golden State did us last year. .. I really dont see any of those series being any "easier" than the other.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
drypenn

drypenn has a spectacular aura aboutdrypenn has a spectacular aura about

The New Orleans, I guess will be the "easiest" 1st round opponent. These are greenhorns, and their bench is suspect.

It'll also be quite "easier" to stymie their offense, stop Chris Paul and everything grinds to a halt.

If push comes to shove, Stack can always hip-check Paul a la Horry and expect to produce the same results. Paul's a very temperamental player. Bowen has shown that he can get into his head quite easily. :P

And, I'll actually prefer the Spurs over the Lakers. AJ is PJax' bit(h!
drypenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Avery doesn't know how to handle Kobe Bryant. Doubling someone in the middle is definitely easier than doubling someone at halfcourt. lol
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know guys....I understand the Paul trepidations (he was on my fantasy team) but I think the Hornets are the least threatening.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #11
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I dont know guys....I understand the Paul trepidations (he was on my fantasy team) but I think the Hornets are the least threatening.
If we still had Harris, I would definitely rather face the Hornets. Actually Harris would be nice against the Spurs as well. I don't know if Kidd matches up well to Paul.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #12
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

not the hornets

paul burns the mavs all the time, and peja owns dirk, going all the way back to the Sac days.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Really?

Tim Duncan...Ginobili, Parker, Gasol, KOBE?

You guys are afraid of the Hornets and their thin ass bench?

I don't know guys. Have you seen what the Spurs do in the Playoffs? It's not up in the air, it's pretty much a certainty, what they do in the playoffs.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #14
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Really?

Tim Duncan...Ginobili, Parker, Gasol, KOBE?

You guys are afraid of the Hornets and their thin ass bench?

I don't know guys. Have you seen what the Spurs do in the Playoffs? It's not up in the air, it's pretty much a certainty, what they do in the playoffs.
I think the one team that the spurs don't want to face is us more than the other way around. Dirk is a matchup nightmare to them. They are forced to go small because of Dirk.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #15
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

It was a toss up between the Spurs and the Hornets, but I picked the Spurs because I love me some mavs-spurs playoffs.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #16
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

PAUL WILL AVERAGE SOMETHING LIKE 35,7 AND 17 AGAINST US...

not a good idea to play against them. Kobe cannot be defended...Duncan will put up ridiculous numbers and they are experienced...

Pick your poison...

I voted spurs...but...either way...we have to play at a top level
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #17
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

35 7 and 17 huh
Old 04-09-2008, 12:32 AM   #18
Steel_01

Steel_01 is on a distinguished road

I think the Lakers would be our biggest challenge in the first round. But you know this is the first year that I really don't feel like the Mavs should be scared of anyone in the West. Does anyone else feel like that? Even at a 7 seed I think if the Mavs are playing their best ball like they are of late we can beat anyone. The spurs used to have that intimidation factor where I felt like the Mavs just werent on their level. But ever since that series 2 years ago, I think they destroyed those demons. I really feel like the Mavs are the NY Giants of the NBA. Dont get me wrong I'm a huge Cowboys fan. I just feel like the Mavs have been a little forgotten and now they are starting to hit their stride. Not a bad time to do it. I'm excited. This is one of the first years that the playoffs seem so wide open and I don't feel that there is any team that the Mavs cant match up with and beat in a seven game series. Let's do it.
Steel_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #19
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I chose Lakers because I live in LA now, and "best" means having the most fun with the win.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 AM   #20
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

You're out here?! Well, where are all the LA Mavs watch parties held then?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #21
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs? We beat these guys before and we have more 'talent' now, though it's not as perfectly targeted for Dallas South.

I don't like seeing Phil Jackson with an elite ballclub in the first round. His record there must be flawless.

NO was originally my first pick but they're a bit of a mystery and CP3 is my MVP. Close call but I'll go with the guys who we've beat and are roughly the same, if not worse, vs. the guy we can't handle and is only on the up.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 AM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're out here?! Well, where are all the LA Mavs watch parties held then?
That's a very good question.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

All routes are the best route. The Mavs will bring unheralded pain and destruction upon all who oppose them.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-09-2008 at 01:36 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #24
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought I'd be saying this, and doesn't it sound crazy? The Spurs are who we want in round 1. If we get them, and beat them, I'm penciling in a Finals appearance.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #25
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

As a young person with a lack of knowledge of NBA history, has a #7 seed ever made the finals? I know of a #6 and #8 seed, but no #7 seed offhand.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 AM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As a young person with a lack of knowledge of NBA history, has a #7 seed ever made the finals? I know of a #6 and #8 seed, but no #7 seed offhand.
Who is the #8 seed you know of? Is it the Knicks in the shortened season? I think the Rockets are generally considered an extreme outlier nonetheless.

But that's not to say that his has any bearing on this year's race. This year is different.

Last edited by chumdawg; 04-09-2008 at 02:06 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:03 AM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

The '99 Knicks were a #8 seed, right?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The '99 Knicks were a #8 seed, right?
Odd season, with the strike. As I said above, I'm pretty sure that the Rockets of '95 were the *extreme* outliers.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #29
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Yeah, I would agree, but I was asking a mere historical question, regardless of what is considered "extreme".

And this year, of course, would be the other extreme.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #30
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

I think it's crazy the majority of people picked the Spurs. In four games so far this season they've lost three of them. Personally I think the Lakers aren't as good as they're record states. I believe that would be Dallas's best chance at advancing.

As much as I hate to say it, it's not looking good for the Mavericks. If they don't make it, then as far as I'm concerned if I'm Cuban, the Mavericks should keep Dirk, Kidd, JHow and everyone else should go. A complete overhaul of the team is warranted... Now I KNOW that realistically won't happen but I'm just disgusted at the fact they are actually fighting for a place in the playoffs, I think that's completely absurd.

The flip side is, it's nice to know the level of expectations have gone up in Dallas though.
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickfan
As much as I hate to say it, it's not looking good for the Mavericks. If they don't make it, then as far as I'm concerned if I'm Cuban, the Mavericks should keep Dirk, Kidd, JHow and everyone else should go. A complete overhaul of the team is warranted... Now I KNOW that realistically won't happen but I'm just disgusted at the fact they are actually fighting for a place in the playoffs, I think that's completely absurd.
That sounds like a better plan for the Knicks than the Mavs...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #32
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I would pick either the Spurs or the Hornets instead of the Lakers. Sure, the Hornets burned us in the season so far (1-2), but you don't know how it will work in the playoffs. Sure, CP3 is having a great season, but he hasn't any playoff experience. Also their bench is quite thin. Yes, we are 1-3 against the Spurs, but I think we still can handle them. Imo, even better than the Hornets. I'm not sure if we would have lost the last game with a healthy Dirk.

The Lakers are the worst matchup, because during the last games (seasons) we weren't able to shutdown Kobe. Okay, in the last game he was quieter than usual but still...

In particular order:
1. Spurs
2. Hornets
3. LA
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I voted the Hornets. Weak bench and inexperience.

The Spurs will be out for blood after the Mavs beat them in game 7 a couple years ago. I have visions of Parker and Ginobli driving at will.

I want no part of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Radmanovic, Farmar, Vuijic, and Fisher in the first round.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #34
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

I voted Lakers, not because it's the easiest first round matchup for the mav's, because it would be the most satisfying series victory........
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #35
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

In the playoffs the Bench does not matter as much...it is nice to have but starters get more burn and step up...rotations are shortened to 7-8 players (except for Avery who still will play 12).

I'd still rather play the Hornets. no more bobby jax to destroy us.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #36
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Gotta be Hornets. You can't think the Spurs will lose in the first round. People need to remember that we're the only team that's beaten them in the playoffs....in the last 3 years. Before that, they were beat by the STACKED Lakers team. Year before that they won it all. This isn't a team that you want to see in the playoffs. Only beaten twice in the last 5 years. Let that sink in. The Hornets don't have a bench and I think we match up extremely well with them.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #37
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The West is so fierce with competition this year that we're all just going to beat the hell out of each other until the last team standing gets to face a fresh Celtics (possibly Pistons) team in the Finals...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #38
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley

The Spurs will be out for blood after the Mavs beat them in game 7 a couple years ago. I have visions of Parker and Ginobli driving at will.

I want no part of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Radmanovic, Farmar, Vuijic, and Fisher in the first round.
I actually think the Spurs will be more complacent than they would have been if we had re-matched them last playoffs.

Either way, who cares. I'm not scared of the Spurs. For all the complaints of the Mavs being "old and slow," the Spurs are as old and slow as it gets.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #39
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
In the playoffs the Bench does not matter as much...it is nice to have but starters get more burn and step up...rotations are shortened to 7-8 players (except for Avery who still will play 12).

true... and dirk and kidd will get probably a maximum of 38 minutes while they would play 40-41 (at least, maybe even 42-43) in other teams. but avery is too stubborn to stop his rotation. under nelson dirk played long in the playoffs, but with avery his part his decreasing...
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #40
ghazi
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley

you just listed 7 names! who knows effective bynum will be, and the last 4 are just 3-PT jackers!