Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about
Default Predict Kidd's stats for 08/09!

I think hes to under the radar for next season I see him having a good year while helping the Mavericks become a threat for the title.

10.4PPG
6RPG
9APG
1.5SPG
Old 08-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

12-5-10-1.0

44% from the field.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

These predictions will look awfully similar to the above posts, but what the hey...

13.2 PPG
5.4 RPG
10.6 APG
1.2 SPG
43% from the field
Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
littlelibo

littlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the rough

I am happy to see some rational opinions reagarding Kidd this year. Lately, it seems all anyone could focus on is that he did not dominate the olympics.

Upon watching the medal ceremony yesterday, I was wondering if everyone in Utah was demanding that the Jazz dump Boozer. I mean he couldn't get a lick of playing time and seemed to be behind Bosh and D. Howard on the depth chart. He must suck.

Anyway, I agree with the above posts and predict the following:

9 ppg
5 rpg
10 apg
1.3 spg
and 1 happy German
littlelibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
Triple T's

Triple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of light

15/8/13

"I am a enforcer man! Don’t nothin go down in my house! It's 100 percent heart baby! Sure I jack a few fools. I give em tha pain! But sometimes its about intimidation you know, its mind games…."
-Terry Tate
Triple T's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

8 ppg
8 apg
6 rpg
1.2 spg

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

12ppg / 7rpg / 11apg / 1.5spg

46 % fg
43 % 3 pt

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 08-25-2008 at 02:25 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelibo
I am happy to see some rational opinions reagarding Kidd this year. Lately, it seems all anyone could focus on is that he did not dominate the olympics.

Upon watching the medal ceremony yesterday, I was wondering if everyone in Utah was demanding that the Jazz dump Boozer. I mean he couldn't get a lick of playing time and seemed to be behind Bosh and D. Howard on the depth chart. He must suck.

Anyway, I agree with the above posts and predict the following:

9 ppg
5 rpg
10 apg
1.3 spg
and 1 happy German
Good point with the Boozer thing. But I for one thing Kidd will have a great season. Go Mavs

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 08-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

points per game - 26
assists per game - 14
rebounds per game - 12
rocks I just smoked - 3

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
points per game - 26
assists per game - 14
rebounds per game - 12
rocks I just smoked - 3
atta baby right on the money.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to use my old Devin Harris signatures this season...
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Kidd
11.8 points
9.8 assists
6.2 rebounds
21+ million dollar expiring

Devin Harris
15.1 points
5.9 assists
3.1 rebounds
not a championship caliber PG

advantage: Kidd.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think I'm going to use my old Devin Harris signatures this season...
You just had to open that can of worms, didn't you?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The more I think about it the more I say to myself no team is going to be dumb enough to sacrifice so many players to create a $21 million dollar package for Jason Kidd's expiring contract unless we are taking back something awful in return as well. He's not trade bait... he's just cap relief.

And Harris has been just as close (well technically CLOSER) to a championship than Kidd has... food for thought when your saying he isn't a championship caliber point guard. A guy like Rondo can be a championship caliber PG on the right team, the question is if Kidd is right for this team. We're not winning the title this year as constructed so the answer is no.

Kidd's stats for next season... something around:

7.2ppg
8.8apg
5.5rpg
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #16
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd will blow out his knee in the first game and end his career, but JJB will step up and go for:

13.4 ppg
8.9 apg
4 rpg
2.7 spg

We do still have JJB, right?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

9.4 points
8.2 assist
7.6 rebounds..

dats it..do not waiver..it will be all goooooood!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Kidd will blow out his knee in the first game and end his career
See what kind of bad karma these kind of threads lead to?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #19
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
The more I think about it the more I say to myself no team is going to be dumb enough to sacrifice so many players to create a $21 million dollar package for Jason Kidd's expiring contract unless we are taking back something awful in return as well. He's not trade bait... he's just cap relief.

And Harris has been just as close (well technically CLOSER) to a championship than Kidd has... food for thought when your saying he isn't a championship caliber point guard. A guy like Rondo can be a championship caliber PG on the right team, the question is if Kidd is right for this team. We're not winning the title this year as constructed so the answer is no.

7.2ppg
8.8apg
5.5rpg
I think its safe to say that Rondo is as good of player..IMO at the point better then Harris overall. And last time I checked Jet was our starting pg whn we were in the finals.

You can spin this how ever you want, but Kidd gives us a better chance to win it all then harris did. And if it doesnt happen. We have money for next year to do good things.

But it will happen this year : ) Go Mavs

........GO MAVS
Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #20
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
See what kind of bad karma these kind of threads lead to?
But you didn't finish! JJB will have a breakout year! Then we can unload Kidd, keep JJB, and have huge cap relief! Its a success!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #21
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

100.0 ppg
100.0 rpg
100.0 asg
000.0 spg (there are no more stills in SC)

Hey Honey, bring me another drink, Mavs getting ready to wipe GS off the map!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #22
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

7.2ppg
8.8apg
5.5rpg
+1
Old 08-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #23
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
+1

for what????

........GO MAVS
Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #24
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

6.9 ppg
5.5 rpg
10.1 apg
1.2 spg

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #25
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, what the hell. Unless JT gets traded I think Carlisle will have a fairly easy time managing Kidd's minutes, so I'll say:

34 mpg
12.9 ppg
8.6 apg
7.2 rpg
2.6 topg
1.6 spg
.3 bpg
52.5% true shooting percentage
Old 08-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #26
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

gmc returns! Good to have you back.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a good point. Most players with contracts approaching Kidds are either about to expire or not on the trade block. It's going to be next to impossible to unload that contract without taking on a lot of garbage and the owner isn't in that business anymore. We better hope he gets it done on the floor because he's not trade bait, he's cap relief.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #28
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, gmc and I are pretty close with numbers... that is all I need to know.

Don't give me Rondo v. Harris talk. Pierce is the playmaker on the perimeter for Boston, we didn't have that pre-Kidd.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #29
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
6.9 ppg
5.5 rpg
10.1 apg
1.2 spg
This is not very comforting coming from one of the bigger Kidd supporters on the board .
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

12-5-8-1 40% fg
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

if we had Avery I would predict his statline to read "DNP - Coach's decision"
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #32
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
This is not very comforting coming from one of the bigger Kidd supporters on the board .
Just being realistic, given his age and what not. I still think the trade had to be made, and I still think he's better than Harris.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #33
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I predict that he will be better than last year.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #34
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
Just being realistic, given his age and what not. I still think the trade had to be made, and I still think he's better than Harris.
Doesn't really matter if he's better than Harris. He's not better than Harris, Artest, and the player we could have added with our MLE had we not given up Diop's Bird rights.

I understand thinking it had to be done last year. After being dead set against it I bought in to that line of thinking myself. But with the benefit of hindsight, it's hard to argue that the trade didn't significantly cripple us going forward.

Kidd needs to put up better numbers than you're predicting and if he can't it takes Avery off the hook for his lack of production.

Last edited by dirno2000; 08-25-2008 at 11:51 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So the majority of people still think that trade was a good one, hmmm?

I'm trying to do the math on these numbers....Kidd...offensive liability...say he's on the floor with George, Diop/Damp, Dirk, and Josh....who's going to score off those Kidd passes?

Dirk's going to have to average 40ppg to hit some these numbers you guys are throwing out.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:25 AM   #36
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
So the majority of people still think that trade was a good one, hmmm?

I'm trying to do the math on these numbers....Kidd...offensive liability...say he's on the floor with George, Diop/Damp, Dirk, and Josh....who's going to score off those Kidd passes?

Dirk's going to have to average 40ppg to hit some these numbers you guys are throwing out.
Would Harris be able to do any better with that line up?? I still think its a good trade and Kidd will be huge this season.

** The guys will have a much better chance to score with him on the floor because he will get them the ball a lot better then Harris.

........GO MAVS
Old 08-26-2008, 12:26 AM   #37
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Doesn't really matter if he's better than Harris. He's not better than Harris, Artest, and the player we could have added with our MLE had we not given up Diop's Bird rights.

I understand thinking it had to be done last year. After being dead set against it I bought in to that line of thinking myself. But with the benefit of hindsight, it's hard to argue that the trade didn't significantly cripple us going forward.

Kidd needs to put up better numbers than you're predicting and if he can't it takes Avery off the hook for his lack of production.
What makes you think all that would have happened.Stop going on these fantasy trips into the past.

........GO MAVS
Old 08-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #38
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The only way we can salvage next season and our title hopes is to absolutely rob somebody in a deal with Josh or if he becomes an absolute monster in spite of all thats happened around him. I'm not overly optimistic about these scenarios but I got my hopes up with the Josh Smith talks anyway...

Kidd simply will not produce far greater numbers than last season, sometimes I think everyone around here forgets that he's a dinosaur. Of course even if we don't win the title this year (and i'm so confident that I would bet my life that we won't unless more changes are made) people will still defend the Kidd trade because Harris and the Nets are going to be struggling big time in an Atlantic division in which everyone except them (and the Knicks) upgraded significantly over the past two offseasons. Yeah he's not leading them to a title anytime soon, not really his fault... and the fact still remains we won't be getting our title anytime soon either.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #39
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
What makes you think all that would have happened.Stop going on these fantasy trips into the past.
Our first rounder was better than Houston's. We also could have thrown in a young player with potential in Bass. In short, we could have put together a better package than the Kings accepted.

And the part about trading Diop's Bird rights isn't even speculation or "fantasy" as you put it.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:57 AM   #40
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
The only way we can salvage next season and our title hopes is to absolutely rob somebody in a deal with Josh or if he becomes an absolute monster in spite of all thats happened around him. I'm not overly optimistic about these scenarios but I got my hopes up with the Josh Smith talks anyway...
There's an arms race in the Western conference. Teams around us are stockpiling talent. We don't need to trade Josh we need to add to him. We're not going to get significantly better sending away a SF who averages close to 20 and 7 and plays good defense. I know what he did in the playoffs but you need to replace that production on a nightly basis to even get to the playoffs.

There are two scenarios that would make us a Western conference contender. One is Gerald Green shocking the world and living up to his potential and the other is getting lucky enough to find a team willing to take our expiring contracts for a good player.