Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #1161
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Louis (San Antonio)

Even with Marion, Mavs can't touch the Spurs, right?
John Hollinger**(3:15 PM)

Um, you watched the playoffs this year, right? San Antonio obviously will be better adding Manu, Jefferson and McDyess to that crew, but I don't think it's a given that they beat out Dallas.
Louis sounds a little nervous. Sounds like he wants some reassurance. Poor Louis.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #1162
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Louis sounds a little nervous. Sounds like he wants some reassurance. Poor Louis.
Exactly. Spurs fans are the most insecure fans in the nba. They take any chance they can get to belittle the mavs because they are deep down extremely threatened by them. Kinda sad really.
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #1163
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Old 07-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #1164
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

josh howard (dallas)
i can't guard 2s. I'm old(er). I put my foot in my mouth daily. And now they got the Matrix? When am I getting traded, and for whom?
John Hollinger**(3:26 PM)
Mostly it's going to be Kidd guarding 2s -- they're just starting games with Howard there because they like Terry coming off the bench. Dallas will finish games most nights with Dirk at 5, Marion at 4, Howard at 3, Terry and Kidd in the backcourt.

josh (FL)
how much better did dallas get with the players they have picked up? and are they in real nba contenders?
John Hollinger**(3:46 PM)
The unknown variable here is age. Dallas has eight guys who played really well last year, but seven of them will be in their 30s by the time the playoffs start. If they hold up the Mavs are serious contenders, but obviously there's a risk that this could all go downhill with alarming speed.

Scott (Santa Barbara, CA)
Is Howard really going to play the 2? How about Kaman or Camby to Detroit, RIP to Dallas, and Howard to the Clips? This all works cap wise.
John Hollinger**(3:54 PM)
We'll see a lot of trade speculation with Howard. But remember, most of his minutes will still come at the 3-- he's just beginning games at the 2 so they can bring Terry off the bench.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #1165
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

i thought marion was our main target in this trade but i was sooo wrong.

41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #1166
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Does Jawai mean no Hollins? And yes i'm serious.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #1167
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Honestly, at this point in his career, what is McDyess going to do for them that Kurt Thomas couldn't do? Nothing.
Thomas---McDyess
6'9"---------6'9"
235lb-------245lb
36yo--------34yo

48 minute stats
Kurt Thomas 11.7points, 13.8rebounds, 2.3assists, 2.0blocks, 50.3%FG, 75.0%FT
Antonio McD 15.3points, 15.6rebounds, 2.1assists, 1.3blocks, 51.0%FG, 69.8%FT

When you consider that McDyess was playing for a team that needed scoring and had poor rebounding the numbers are near identical all around.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #1168
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Unless they shove Jawai immediately into the D-League (which is possible) I would think so
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #1169
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Thomas---McDyess
6'9"---------6'9"
235lb-------245lb
36yo--------34yo

48 minute stats
Kurt Thomas 11.7points, 13.8rebounds, 2.3assists, 2.0blocks, 50.3%FG, 75.0%FT
Antonio McD 15.3points, 15.6rebounds, 2.1assists, 1.3blocks, 51.0%FG, 69.8%FT

When you consider that McDyess was playing for a team that needed scoring and had poor rebounding the numbers are near identical all around.
Maybe the difference is that McDyess has more experience playing center which leaves Duncan at PF?
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #1170
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I seriously want to slap the living sh!t out of the spurs fan base right now.
Why? We already slapped them in 5 games last playoffs. I'm not, nor will I ever be, scared of the Spurts.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #1171
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Isn't Jawai a PF?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #1172
slowmo

slowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really nice
Talking chris anstey had a hard time guarding him! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
Some Nathan Jawai Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpJszNGHjNA

Dude has a 7'5" wingspan! Only thing bad i've heard is that he has a heart condition.
At least he can do the alley opp and has a sweet 10 jumper!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #1173
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
Not trying to be an a-hole but aren't you contradicting yourself?
Haha...I see what you mean...but he was saying that no one was still in their prime bc that was reached at 25. (Seemingly implying that by the age of 30 a player is no longer prime)

Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #1174
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Pretty sure it is, Jawai will be the 3rd center, maybe 4th if Singleton, Dirk gets minutes there. Roster is pretty crowded, right now we're at 14 minus Buckner. We trade Buckner, that would make it 15. Before Nivins. If we go in, as is, I'm pretty sure, Hollins is done in Dallas.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #1175
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I'm kinda glad I don't have to root for Tim Thomas.

Rep to you, Thomas is one of my most hated players. F him, one of my favorite moments was back in a regular season game when the fool was talking his sh*t again and just when he wasn't expecting Marquis daniels posterized the crap outta him. Its here if you wanna see it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvIRpk0SGkQ

And I also loved when he got up in Dirks face and Dirk responded by destroying him and the Phoenix suns. And about Marion, I also hated him because he was such a thorn in our side, always getting crucial rebounds against us, hitting crucial shots, jamming on us. But the Hate I had for Marion was different from the hate I have for Tim Thomas. With Thomas I just loathe him to death, with Marion I hated him (When he was a sun) but I also respected him big time. Which is why I am very happy that he's on our side.

Welcome to Dallas Shawn!!
PS- Major props to Donnie and Cubes, those guys do have brains after all.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #1176
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Isn't Jawai a PF?
At 6-10 280, he will play center. We're pretty set at the PF spot with Dirk, Marion, Humphries and maybe Singleton. Draft Express had him compared to Dampier.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #1177
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I am serious now, you guys think Jawaii means no hollins, singleton, and bass? I really don't know much about the kidd to be honest, you guys think he will be in the rotation next year?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #1178
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Rep to you, Thomas is one of my most hated players. F him, one of my favorite moments was back in a regular season game when the fool was talking his sh*t again and just when he wasn't expecting Marquis daniels posterized the crap outta him. Its here if you wanna see it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvIRpk0SGkQ

And I also loved when he got up in Dirks face and Dirk responded by destroying him and the Phoenix suns. And about Marion, I also hated him because he was such a thorn in our side, always getting crucial rebounds against us, hitting crucial shots, jamming on us. But the Hate I had for Marion was different from the hate I have for Tim Thomas. With Thomas I just loathe him to death, with Marion I hated him (When he was a sun) but I also respected him big time. Which is why I am very happy that he's on our side.

Welcome to Dallas Shawn!!
PS- Major props to Donnie and Cubes, those guys do have brains after all.
Marion I hated because he killed us-- stifling some of our offense, and sneaking in for cherry picks, etc. All that hatred is now turned to love now that he;s here.

Thomas was a spare that thought he was hot poop, and so when he was taunting the Mavs with his kisses and other things, it was even worse when the Rockets spares were throwing up gang signs. Dude needed to grow up.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #1179
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
josh (FL)
how much better did dallas get with the players they have picked up? and are they in real nba contenders?
John Hollinger**(3:46 PM)
The unknown variable here is age. Dallas has eight guys who played really well last year, but seven of them will be in their 30s by the time the playoffs start. If they hold up the Mavs are serious contenders, but obviously there's a risk that this could all go downhill with alarming speed.
Oh lord. Just made me realize I'm gonna be 30 by the time the playoffs start. Sumbitch.

I'll spend the season talking about how young the team is, I guess.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #1180
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I am serious now, you guys think Jawaii means no hollins, singleton, and bass? I really don't know much about the kidd to be honest, you guys think he will be in the rotation next year?
Jawaii basically has the same chance of making our roster as Nivins. If he shows something in summer league, he may find his way onto the team, but otherwise I dont think a buyout of his 730k, 1yr deal would make anyone in the FO even blink twice.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #1181
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Only 110(ish) days until opening tip!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #1182
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if Jawai's deal is guaranteed for this year? Second round pick, obviously eats a lot of hamburgers in his free time... I'm thinking no.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #1183
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

If Gortat turns out to be a success, that is one SICK starting lineup..
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #1184
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Only 110(ish) days until opening tip!
How many gays is that?
Old 07-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #1185
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Can't say I'm not a little jealous. I can know put the Mavs as one of the top four teams in the WC. I'd rank it: Lakers, Spurs, Mavs/Denver tied. Great move by you guys.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #1186
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
that jawaii guy will probably go to europe,d league or be released!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #1187
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

IMO, no way Jawaii should threaten Hollins' spot on this team. I'd much prefer the athleticism and energy from Hollins.

I reeaaallly hope we get Hollins back this season. I like the kid and think he's a great fit with Kidd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ogrJ8LXvlY

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 07-09-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #1188
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It could mean no Damp...

(but only if Cuban has something HUGE in store, although I can't imagine any possibilities...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #1189
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marion I hated because he killed us-- stifling some of our offense, and sneaking in for cherry picks, etc. All that hatred is now turned to love now that he;s here.
It's Deion Sanders & Terrell Owens all over again!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #1190
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Can't say I'm not a little jealous. I can know put the Mavs as one of the top four teams in the WC. I'd rank it: Lakers, Spurs, Mavs/Denver tied. Great move by you guys.
I understand the Lakers -- defending champs and all.

Why Spurs over Mavs?

This one looks really close to me.

Parker - Kidd
Ginobili - Howard
RJeff - Marion
TD - Dirk

Aren't the 8 above more or less a wash?

McDyess ? ? Gortat

The way each of these plays looks to me like a huge factor.
If McDyess can guard Dirk well, then hey the Spurs may have something. If not, I don't know how they beat the Mavs. If Gortat can score and keep Parker out of the lane, then the Mavs may have something, if not, I don't know how they beat the Spurs. I'd say the Spurs/Mavs are very close right now and could go either way easily.

Finley < Terry

If it comes down to 6th men though, Terry easily wins. Fin is done.
I guess someone can step up, but I don't see anyone that can guard Dirk again, and I still don't see anyone on Dallas that can stop Parker.

Can Gortat/Damp/Marion defend the paint well enough against Manu, TD and Parker ........ that is the question, IMO.

Dallas also got lots closer to the Lakers as well, and I actually think they match up pretty well. Odom is the question there that keeps Dallas from matching up, so I hope he goes anywhere else.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #1191
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

What's funny is reading some of the comments from Suns fans regarding Marion coming to Dallas. Apparently a lot of them are throwing up in their mouths and getting sick to their stomachs.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #1192
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Parker-Kidd is not even remotely close to a wash. Parker flat out owned him last year.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #1193
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
What's funny is reading some of the comments from Suns fans regarding Marion coming to Dallas. Apparently a lot of them are throwing up in their mouths and getting sick to their stomachs.
I thought being a suns fan was enough to do that alone.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #1194
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

JJB = Parker's bane

SA can suck it.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #1195
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Parker-Kidd is not even remotely close to a wash. Parker flat out owned him last year.
agreed and at this stage of their careers Dirk is clearly better than Timmy though quite the same margin of Parker over kidd, and obviously at this stage Mavs clearly have the better bench, should be interesting
Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #1196
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Suns fans? who?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #1197
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Most of them are pretty irate over the status of their team. Kerr has destroyed that franchise.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #1198
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Most of them are pretty irate over the status of their team. Kerr has destroyed that franchise.
love that guy
Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #1199
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Hollins would deserve a spot over Jawaii. He has athleticism, and I'm sure during this off season he will be bulking up and improving his defensive abilities and trying not to foul. He really stepped up this season for us despite his flaws and really laid his heart out there I think.

I also think Singleton deserves to be the back up PF after his season last year ... but with the acquisition of Humphries I'm not sure what our resources are in that manner.

Either way, Bass is highly coveted on the market and I don't think he will be coming back to Dallas with our log jam at PF and our ability to get a satisfying player (Singleton) at a much lower price.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #1200
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Hinrich to Portland
Boozer to Chicago
Ty Thomas to Utah

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

Portland getting desperate? Utah same, with rumors of Millsap offer from Portland, Utah looking to shed before committing to Millsap. Ain't it great to have Cuban as an owner, win at all costs. It's just one year, pay the bill and move on.

Tags
dammit horse, nine whole gays