Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #441
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
At 2-6, one more loss would sink your playoff chances, right? You may have to play this one like Game Seven and go get you some Massaquoi!
I'm trying to work a trade out so I can exchange Fitzpatrick for someone better than Massaquoi, but my playoff chances are pretty much done.

There's one guy at 6-2 and three guys at 5-3 in my division - three teams make the playoffs.

With only 5 games left in our regular season, not only would I have to win out, but TWO of the 5-3 teams would have to finish 2-3 or worse, and even if they do, I'm pretty sure I'll lose the tie-breaker on divisional record with both of them... So really, not only do I need to win out, but two of the three 5-3 teams need to finish 1-4 for me to make the playoffs.

I should just tank to get a better draft pick next season, but that's pretty weaksauce - I'd rather play spoiler and let the chips fall where they may.

(man, I HATE losing...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-03-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #442
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

(man, I HATE losing...)
You passed the I am not a loser test!

Who seriously likes to lose...?
That's right, losers.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #443
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Randy Moss to Tennessee - things just got interesting/complicated...

Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 AM   #444
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

left texas- you're doing down tmrw bro. I'm finally grabbing a winning record.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #445
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, boys. Last trade advice question for you. I have decided to roster Charles at the flex and trade away LT. How about LT for Vincent Jackson? WR is my only real hole, and maybe VJax will hit it big for me when he comes back on the 28th. San Diego is desperate for him, right?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #446
Underdog

Quote:
Okay, boys. Last trade advice question for you. I have decided to roster Charles at the flex and trade away LT. How about LT for Vincent Jackson? WR is my only real hole, and maybe VJax will hit it big for me when he comes back on the 28th. San Diego is desperate for him, right?
I think now is a good time to sell high on LT and buy low on VJax.

Tomlinson has been pretty good this season, but he's likely to see some drop-off in production at his age (the Jets will want to keep him fresh for the playoffs). Even then, he'll still be productive - maybe even enough to make you regret trading him, but doubtful... (is it a PPR league?)

Meanwhile, Jackson is getting glowing reviews in San Diego. He smoked the other WR's in practice and Antonio Gates said he looks extremely motivated to play again. Plus, like you said, Rivers absolutely NEEDS Jackson back on the field, especially since the Bolts are going to have to finish strong to make the playoffs. The only downside is that he won't be able to play the next two weeks.

If you can wait that long, then pull the trigger - I have a feeling that Jackson is going to be a fantasy playoff hero this year...

Old 11-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #447
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think now is a good time to sell high on LT and buy low on VJax.

Tomlinson has been pretty good this season, but he's likely to see some drop-off in production at his age (the Jets will want to keep him fresh for the playoffs). Even then, he'll still be productive - maybe even enough to make you regret trading him, but doubtful... (is it a PPR league?)

Meanwhile, Jackson is getting glowing reviews in San Diego. He smoked the other WR's in practice and Antonio Gates said he looks extremely motivated to play again. Plus, like you said, Rivers absolutely NEEDS Jackson back on the field, especially since the Bolts are going to have to finish strong to make the playoffs. The only downside is that he won't be able to play the next two weeks.

If you can wait that long, then pull the trigger - I have a feeling that Jackson is going to be a fantasy playoff hero this year...
That's what I like to hear, UD. It is indeed a PPR league (well, we get .5 pts per reception), and LT has been very useful in that regard, but "fantasy playoff hero" sounds really good to me! Plus, I do get to keep Shonn Greene, just in case.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #448
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd second UD's recommendation. LT seems to have slipped a little bit the last two weeks, and with the monster season Rivers is having Jackson seems like a pretty decent bet. Seriously it doesn't seem matter who is out there, Rivers still gets his 300 yards to go with a couple of TDs. Given that Jackson is the best of that receiving corps that seems to have suffered a lot of injuries, he should put up pretty good numbers upon his return.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #449
Underdog

Sorry, but I have to brag about this final score, even though it's not a league any of you are in... 6 points for QB TD's, 182 points was the previous league-high for the season...

Michael Vick absolutely killed it today:

Last edited by Underdog; 11-16-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 AM   #450
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

So I was up 25 or so going into tonight, mainly thanks to Fred Jackson and Brady, with McCoy still to go. Lost by 5. Thanks to Vick.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #451
chumdawg
Guru

That is one beautiful, beautiful scoreboard, UD. Jealous!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #452
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

So.. my only hope for FFootball glory this year is the d-m.com league. Bring it on, guys!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #453
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dumber by the day. I swear.

My team is 6-1, fyi. At the time I had them, Cutler/McNabb was a VERY good QB rotation. Now I have Fitzpatrick & Stafford. Fitzpatrick has been fantastic and I surmise Stafford will do quite well with the high powered Lions offense. Early in the season I picked up Brandon Lloyd and Kenny Britt off waivers. I traded Lance Moore for Javid Best. I don't think my fantasy prowess needs questioning.

As for Charles. Again, reading seems to not be your forte. I said Jones gets more TOUCHES.

For the season:

Jones: 99 Rushes
Charles: 81 Rushes

Hmmm....18 more carries. Can you count that high?

Charles is not that good. 2 TDs and one fumble, while not even leading his team in touches, is far far far from a top fantasy RB.

Moreover, if you aren't even using him, and you gain upgrades at WRs, why would you NOT do the trade?

Boy, he sure did think he sounded smart rattling off all the flavors of the week...

- Charles is currently ranked the #10 RB in ESPN standard leagues while Jones ranked #23.

- Best has scored 18 points since Cadbanned traded for him while Moore has scored 22 (ESPN standard, non-PPR).

- Fitzpatrick has played his 3 worst games of the season since this was posted.

What a loud-mouthed poser - I kinda wish he wasn't banned so I could rub his nose in it...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-17-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:52 AM   #454
fluid.forty.one

My favorite part was him bragging about his QB picks and then he ended up dropping both of them after a few weeks.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #455
fluid.forty.one

hey flaco

F*** mccoy and his late 50 yard TD
Old 11-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #456
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boy, he sure did think he sounded smart rattling off all the flavors of the week...

- Charles is currently ranked the #10 RB in ESPN standard leagues while Jones ranked #23.

- Best has scored 18 points since Cadbanned traded for him while Moore has scored 22 (ESPN standard, non-PPR).

- Fitzpatrick has played his 3 worst games of the season since this was posted.

What a loud-mouthed poser - I kinda wish he wasn't banned so I could rub his nose in it...
You forgot the part where he said that I was insane for thinking Dez was going to score more than one TD after Kitna became the starter.

Oops.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #457
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
hey flaco

F*** mccoy and his late 50 yard TD
Ha! I have McCoy and this week I was 6 down going into Sunday night game and going against Akers. I thought I was done then he broke that long one. After that TD, I was down .2! All I needed was McCoy to touch the ball again.

So Samuel picks off that pass and I'm ecstatic! Then Samuel fumbles the ball back to giants! Argh! Then manning is a complete idiot and fumbles the ball on that dive! Then McCoy breaks that next long run. Even with the late Akers FG, I won by 1.

I know hearing others' fantasy stories is kind of boring, but this was exciting to me.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #458
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah well, you got lucky Fluid, because I had no backup plan for Gates being out. He's so tough and he always plays injured...not this time. Too bad.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #459
fluid.forty.one

I'm also lucky that Moreno had his 3rd best game of the season... but I'll take it! 3-0 this week in my fantasy weeks.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #460
Underdog

FYI - Spygate Freakout takes the best 3 teams in each division for the playoffs.

That means all of you 4-7 and 3-8 teams in the West actually have a chance to luck into the Wild Card game... That also means that one of the 7-4 teams in the East is going to get shafted...

Happy hunting!

Last edited by Underdog; 11-24-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: not applicable to Hardcore
Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #461
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That also means that one of the 7-4 teams in the East is going to get shafted...

Happy hunting!
Right now, that would be me...

I think it's time for a poll that the shafted team gets an extra $1,000 for next year's auction.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #462
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Right now, that would be me...

I think it's time for a poll that the shafted team gets an extra $1,000 for next year's auction.
See the Spygate main page - I'm putting this issue up for debate.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #463
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I need some advice on TEs, of the non-studly variety.

I've basically needed to win out over the past two weeks and finish it out this week to get in the playoffs, so far so good.
TE is killing me and I need a good "sure bet" for this week
Winslow vs the ATL
Olsen @ Detroit
Heath Miller @ Baltimore
Billy Bajema @ Arizona
Ben Watson @ Miami

I'm pretty much leaning with Winslow but that kind of negates me having Mike Williams, I wouldn't want to play BOTH, so is it worth getting KW and benching Williams for a different flex play?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #464
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I need some advice on TEs, of the non-studly variety.

I've basically needed to win out over the past two weeks and finish it out this week to get in the playoffs, so far so good.
TE is killing me and I need a good "sure bet" for this week
Winslow vs the ATL
Olsen @ Detroit
Heath Miller @ Baltimore
Billy Bajema @ Arizona
Ben Watson @ Miami

I'm pretty much leaning with Winslow but that kind of negates me having Mike Williams, I wouldn't want to play BOTH, so is it worth getting KW and benching Williams for a different flex play?
What are your other flex options?

As a matchup play, I'm high on Olsen's chances this week. That Chicago offense appears to be rounding into some sort of form, and you can't ask for a much better defense to play against.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #465
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
What are your other flex options?

As a matchup play, I'm high on Olsen's chances this week. That Chicago offense appears to be rounding into some sort of form, and you can't ask for a much better defense to play against.
QB is locked with Brees
2 RB positions are relatively set with Rice and LT (not great in terms of opponents but I'm a believer in never bench your studs)
WRs are Andre Johnson and Wayne

The flex options aren't terrible:
Mike Williams (TB)
Felix
Crabtree
Blount
Mason
M. Morris (DET)

They're all pretty serviceable options, but I need the best of the bunch.
Mason has actually been the most consistent thing going with BAL passing game, but I just picked him up...so I'm worried of the jinx now.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #466
chumdawg
Guru

Hmmm...do you get PPR? Felix would be an interesting play.

On the whole, I would probably recommend to play whatever TE you like best and whatever flex you like best, whether you are on the same team or not. I try not to get too cute with stuff like that, usually.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #467
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Hmmm...do you get PPR? Felix would be an interesting play.

On the whole, I would probably recommend to play whatever TE you like best and whatever flex you like best, whether you are on the same team or not. I try not to get too cute with stuff like that, usually.
Forgot to mention that, No PPR.

I honestly don't trust ANY of those TEs but went with the higher averaged results with Winslow. He's going to play either way, I just don't know about that vexing flex spot. I feel good about everything else except for that.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #468
fluid.forty.one

wtf is wrong with Peyton Manning?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #469
Underdog

Quote:
His face.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #470
BGMaverick9
Guru

That spygate team is so fluky with the points situation...I've got a lot of players left but that deficit is way too big.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #471
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His team is garbage this season and it's taking people a long time to figure it out. They can't run the ball and his receivers can't get open a lot of the time no matter who they're playing (like a bad Cowboy defense that allowed 35 points) and he's trying to do it all by himself.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-05-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #472
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
That spygate team is so fluky with the points situation...I've got a lot of players left but that deficit is way too big.
I stand corrected haha
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #473
fluid.forty.one

lol I'm ahead .4 points right now in the Spygate League.

I have Pats D and he has Holmes.... should be interesting.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #474
Underdog

Quote:
lol I'm ahead .4 points right now in the Spygate League.

I have Pats D and he has Holmes.... should be interesting.
You're playing spoiler - he misses the playoffs if you beat him...

Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #475
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
You're playing spoiler - he misses the playoffs if you beat him...
oops!

I forget to set my lineups this week and I went 3-0 in my leagues... lol
Old 12-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #476
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

sonofa..........

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #477
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
sonofa..........
+sympathy rep
Old 12-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #478
Underdog

Wow, I completely sucked in the two leagues I'm LM for, but I grabbed 2nd place in the D-M league (not bad considering I started 1-3) and actually went 13-0 in the one league where I was balls-to-the-wall with my lineups each week:

Last edited by Underdog; 12-07-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #479
fluid.forty.one

woah DirkFTW was 13-0 in the d-m league.

Good luck tomorrow left texas.. looks like we're going to have a close playoff game
Old 12-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #480
fluid.forty.one

wow

1 point playoff loss.

harsh.

Tags
all cadban all the time, cadban's imaginarium, psychic or pathological?, psychological!, return of the quack!, validate me!!