Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-31-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Old 12-31-2002, 04:03 PM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

grande rojo equis?

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 05:30 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

<< grande rojo equis? >>

Tacha.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Just teasing Chiwas....

Que es tacha? En ingles.

Old 01-01-2003, 09:44 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

<< Que es tacha? En ingles. >>

&quot;Grande rojo equis&quot;----&gt; Big red X ----&gt; a &quot;tacha&quot; (to cross or to mark)

Old 01-01-2003, 09:51 PM   #6
grbh
Platinum Member

Muchas Gracias

Old 01-02-2003, 12:26 AM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Muchas de nadas (a local joke: &quot;a lot of nothing&quot

De nada (the official version: &quot;it's nothing&quot;, you're welcome)
Old 01-02-2003, 12:36 AM   #8
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Totally off the subject and my Spanish sucks. Chiwas have you ever been to Juarez? Place is crazy I got stationed in El Paso and spent about half my time there.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 11:34 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Brian, Ju&aacute;rez City is crazy, insane, indeed. I don't like the town; it´s degraded, corrupted, &quot;raped&quot;, polluted. It´s worse than Tijuana; both are almost outside the law. The main drug's carteles <u>in Latin America</u> have their headquarters there. There are too much people living in Ju&aacute;rez and are very poor. ¿Do you want to know the real M&eacute;xico, the dirty one? Go to Ju&aacute;rez and Tijuana, and do it at night...and read the local newspapers.

Sorry, Brian, if you meant &quot;crazy&quot; as funny, my comments didn't match.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:11 PM   #10
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

I thought it was awesome. When I was there most of the clubs were like 6 bucks for drink and drown. Alot of those guys would want to beat the crap out of you so it was always interesting get blasted and trying to keep your reflexes at the same time. Never had the sack to go really to far down in there though, or go down there without at least 2 hispanic Mexican guys in the group. I also heard that if you go outside of the city that there are actually more mansions and richer neighborhoods then in El Paso. Might be a couple cartel guys.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 07:23 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

There is the Ju&aacute;rez' tourist version, of course, Brian. Good malls, restaurants, discoteques, bars, movie theaters, churches, golf courses, etcetera. When you're in downtown, specially in daylight, it's hard to see the dirt (any kind).

Several intelectuals say that M&eacute;xico is compoused or constituted of two M&eacute;xicos: the very poor and the very rich. Other say that of North and South (there are many differences comparing both zones). I say it is of several M&eacute;xicos. Maybe I should open a thread to chat about it; it´s very interesting.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:58 PM   #12
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Chiwas,
how does the situation in Mexico compare to Brazil?
Since my gf is brasilian I´ve been there two times already.
I found the extreme contrast of rich and poor to be very disturbing.
In the big citys you have people starving in slums who are just a few minutes away from big shopping mals.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:11 AM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Fidel, it's just the same situation about the rich and the poor than Brazil, but I´m afraid that they are not as corrupted as we are, or they have improved more against it, I think. And there is the drug stuff too; maybe they don't have the problem as big as we. Our economy has grown more thanks to NAFTA but the average people isn't more rich; on the contrary, they (we) are poorer every year.

It´s sad; it's the Third World.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to see the real Mexico, you have to go to the interior. I lived in Jalisco (Ajijic &amp; Chapala) for a year or two and it was wonderful. The people are outstanding and the country is beautiful. I hope to go back soon for a visit.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:48 AM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

Well, Drbio is right about the people (I say &quot;average people&quot and the geography (the country).

If you don't touch politics and economics, the geography, the people, the customs, the values (some are still intact), the history, the arts, THE FOOD!, the colonial architecture, are wonderful and some times unique, indeed.