Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-05-2003, 01:05 AM   #1
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

Help I am fat and sick of it!!

Has anyone tried weight watchers points program? if someone can give me an suggestion as to how to get started (on any program) it would be greatly appreciated.

I know diet and excersie, but this is not always easy.

Thank you
Old 01-05-2003, 01:48 AM   #2
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Dude its just insulation don't worry. I wrestled at 119 lbs my senior year in high school. Now a little over 5 years am pushing the scale at 190lbs. Its way better to be bigger. Be greatful for the extra weight it helps in consuming more beer. Enough said right there, plus chics are stupid anyways, had a really fat roomate, got more action then anybody I have ever known.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 11:03 AM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

...also, you can join the Mavmaniacs! (and see the female dancers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Edit: BTW, BASKETBALL101, I'm always confused with your icon. Sorry, maybe Mavmaniacs doesn't allow women in their group. But I'm gonna tell you something serious, the best results that I have seen is with specialized medical doctors. (My mother and my sister are my closest experience about it)

Or you can try the Jared WAY! (it´s delicious)
Old 01-05-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Uh Brian....you insulted "chicks" and the originator of this post is one I think. Maybe you should revise the suggestions?

On Topic- BB101, whatever route you take, please do not neglect vitamins and rest. Your body needs both during weight loss regimes.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 12:40 PM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

BB101, I'm doing the Atkins low carbohydrate diet. I've done it before and had great results. This week (1st week) I lost 2 lbs of holiday excess. There is a book about the diet, but it's basically 20 grams of carbs or less a day for the first two weeks and then you increase your carbs 5 grams a day every week after that (works like this: week 3 25 grams, week 4 30 grams a day, week 5 35 grams a day, etc).

I just got a new recipe book that has some great stuff in it. Let me know if you want more info.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Women...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 01:24 PM   #7
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

isn´t it "wemen"?

btw ... i am trying to lose some weight aswell, but actually stress might be a major factor in not beeing succesful with it ... try to get MENTALLY balanced and find your way to personal and mental strength and self-confidence ... will help you achieve ANY aim ...
Old 01-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Check this link:

eDiet.com

It looks reliable.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:08 PM   #9
BrianJ

Bio check out the NVE thread in around the NBA. I made the same mistake in that one. So with that in mind, the bashing of chics is still very much appropriate in this thread. Chiwas I forgot about the dancers. What a conversation piece that job would bring. Those guys get more attention then the actual dancers. You know that has to piss off the dancers. Back to stupid chicks, I can hear it now, "what do those guys have that we don't"
Old 01-05-2003, 04:19 PM   #10
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

riots not diets, grrls.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 05:31 PM   #11
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< isn´t it &quot;wemen&quot;?

btw ... i am trying to lose some weight aswell, but actually stress might be a major factor in not beeing succesful with it ... try to get MENTALLY balanced and find your way to personal and mental strength and self-confidence ... will help you achieve ANY aim ...
>>

did we lose something in the translation? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] to be mentally unbalanced implies - or could imply - mental instability. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but i think i know what you're getting at. i usually refer to it as centering myself, in a spiritual sense (not to be confused with a &quot;religious sense&quot.

BSKBALL 101, i don't know anything about the weight watchers points program. is that with the support group and all? i'm sure it helps to attack this challenge with a partner in crime.

IMPT: if you think this system might work, then you gotta give it a shot!! don't worry about whether anyone else was successful with it or not. we all need a different approach to things.

best wishes! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 11:08 AM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Black hole 'on a diet'

&quot;Although it appears to snack often, this black hole is definitely on a severe diet&quot;Frederick Baganoff, MIT

It seems the supermassive black hole that sits at the centre of our galaxy, the Milky Way, is famished.

The latest data from the orbiting Chandra observatory shows the object's X-ray emissions are quite weak, suggesting relatively little gas is falling into the hole at times.

Scientists think this is because previous violent explosions may have cleared matter away from the immediate vicinity of the hole.

Known as Sagittarius A* or Sgr A*, because of its position in the southern sky, the black hole at our galaxy's core is calculated to have a mass 2.6 million times that of the Sun.

Its presence has been established by measuring the tremendous speeds - 5,000 kilometres (3,000 miles) per second - of stars skirting the hole's edge, or event horizon.

Red loops

Chandra made the longest X-ray exposure of the region to date. In addition to Sgr A*, more than two thousand other X-ray sources were detected, making this one of the richest fields ever observed.

During the two-week observation period, Sgr A* flared up in X-ray intensity half a dozen or more times. The cause of these outbursts is not understood, but the rapidity with which they rise and fall indicates that they are occurring near the event horizon.

&quot;We are getting a look at the everyday life of a supermassive black hole like never before,&quot; said Frederick Baganoff of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), US, who presented the new data on behalf of an international team at the American Astronomical Society meeting in Seattle.

&quot;We see it flaring on an almost daily basis,&quot; he said.

Evidence of past explosions is revealed in the image - huge lobes of 20-million-degree Celsius gas (the red loops in the image at approximately the 2 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions) that extend over dozens of light-years on either side of the black hole.

Exotic phenomena

Astronomers say these enormous explosions occurred several times over the last 10,000 years.

&quot;Although it appears to snack often, this black hole is definitely on a severe diet,&quot; said Baganoff. &quot;This could be because explosive events in the past blew away much of the gas from the neighbourhood of the black hole,&quot; he explained.

Black holes are among the most exotic phenomena in the Universe.

Theory suggests they are point-like objects that have such strong gravitational attraction that all matter that comes too close is sucked in - not even light can escape their influence.

Some are thought to form when dying stars collapse in on themselves. But there is also growing evidence that most if not all galaxies contain other, much bigger black holes at their cores.

How these supermassive objects are created and how they relate to the creation and evolution of galaxies is a mystery. Chandra hopes to provide some answers by studying the high-energy radiation that is emitted when matter is ripped apart on its journey in a hole.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #13
BrianJ

thats perhaps a bit of a stretch. I forgot that you were an engineer.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:26 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Ssshhh!