Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-13-2002, 11:02 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the boxscore...interesting.

Text
Old 07-14-2002, 11:27 AM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Mladen had another good game. 14 points and 6 rebounds (team high). Maybe he is going to sign a contract.

I'm impressed with Murphy a little bit. He was the rookie last year I was rooting for. I think he can become a Tom Chambers (without hops). And I love the "fire" the kid brings. Doesn't back down at all.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 12:48 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Murphy is a good player - often mislabeled as a big white stiff. He can score in the post and rebound better than most "athletic" type guys.

Is there a reason that white basketball players ALWAYS get compared to other former white NBA stars? Is Murphy really more like Chambers, or is he more like... lets say Moses Malone? I guarantee you no one is ever going to compare Troy Murphy to Moses Malone. Malone is just so much blacker than Murphy. They can't possibly be the same type of player... right?!?

As of right now, I'm taking up a fight to end the persecution of the white basketball player.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 01:17 PM   #4
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< Murphy is a good player - often mislabeled as a big white stiff. >>

how can a nun be a big white stiff?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
DTL
Diamond Member

but seriously...

so Wang started again and had an okay game. i don't like the fact he had no assists though.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:21 PM   #6
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< Is there a reason that white basketball players ALWAYS get compared to other former white NBA stars? >>

The same reason black players are compared to other black players.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 01:39 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't get why our summer league team seems to be the Jaren Jackson Show. BAH
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 03:30 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Murphy is a good player - often mislabeled as a big white stiff. He can score in the post and rebound better than most &quot;athletic&quot; type guys.

Is there a reason that white basketball players ALWAYS get compared to other former white NBA stars? Is Murphy really more like Chambers, or is he more like... lets say Moses Malone? I guarantee you no one is ever going to compare Troy Murphy to Moses Malone. Malone is just so much blacker than Murphy. They can't possibly be the same type of player... right?!?

As of right now, I'm taking up a fight to end the persecution of the white basketball player.
>>

Agreed @ BAyliss. Black hoopers are always compared to other black hoopers. But if u notice no one is compared to any other superstar but Michael Jordan. Murphy is no where near Moses Malone and I dotn even see how he plays like him. Malone could rebound 10 times better than Murphy and could bang better than him. Tom Chambers looks more of the lines than a Moses Malone.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 10:58 PM   #9
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, madape, your aim may be noble, but thats a bad comparison. Murphy is definitely more like Chambers than Moses.

What do you guys think about Hamilton's last 2 games??? If I recall correctly didn't he put up great numbers in the first two and now he has stunk the place up in the last two games? Let's hear your theories...
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 08:18 AM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I am interested in the continued absense of TAW.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 08:28 AM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why but they have tariq on a play one day off the next schedule. The only thing I can figure is that either they are being ultra-careful to not have him play back-to-backs or his knee is bothering him on those days.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:47 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Dooby...the reason TAW is sitting out every other game is for his still sore knee, the one he had surgery on earlier in the summer. It's just a precaution.

Old 07-15-2002, 11:37 PM   #13
DTL
Diamond Member

i hope TAW'll be 120% ready to play when the season starts.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:05 AM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

He had more surgery this summer? I didn't realize that. Deezamn.... well, I sure hope he gets everything right again. Otherwise it's gonna suck having that albatross contract (until the last couple years of it, of course).
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote