Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #121
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
i really hope that...
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #122
escobar317

escobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the rough

Deng would fit perfect here. He said he'd take $11 mil from Chicago, is that something could afford?
escobar317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #123
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar317 View Post
Deng would fit perfect here. He said he'd take $11 mil from Chicago, is that something could afford?
At the moment, the Mavs only have $26.5m on the books next season with a ~$60m salary cap... Some of that will have to go into re-signing Dirk, but assuming he takes a hometown discount, we should have plenty of money to get Deng (and then some).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-25-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #124
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I wonder if D. Aldridge is just guessing at this, like we are, or if he actually has anything.

Deng would be a very nice addition.

Deng and a strengthened Center position (say Gortat backed up by Dalembert?) would be a nice improvement.
My thoughts exactly. If Mavs land Deng and Gortat in the off-season I'd say they did a pretty good job. If they can somehow persuade Marion and Harris to return at discounts that would be nice too.

Calderon/Larkin
Ellis/Harris/Ellington
Deng/Marion
Dirk/Wright
Gortat/Dalembert/James

A team I could live with next season.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #125
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The Cavs are a horrible mess...Irving is a diva, Waiters is a diva...coach sucks, their last drafts sucked ass.

Great news, i just dont see Deng staying there if we offer similar money..
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #126
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The Cavs are a horrible mess...Irving is a diva, Waiters is a diva...coach sucks, their last drafts sucked ass.

Bad news? Cavs paid their bribes to Stern and he's outty. Let's see if Silver hands them their 9th straight 1st overall pick.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #127
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If a winning situation comes knocking and offering close money, you'd think anyone with their head on straight would want to jump from that Mike Brown sinking ship.

I'm going to give Deng the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

I bet it feels terrible knowing that your head coach is a moron.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #128
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cleveland Cavaliers Could Trade Luol Deng To Mavericks, Bobcats, Spurs Before Deadline

Luol Deng might not be done moving yet.

The Cleveland Cavaliers could trade the All-Star small forward, whom they acquired in an earlier trade this season with the Chicago Bulls, A source close to situation reported on Friday.

The Cavaliers are in the midst of a terrible season, despite bringing in several players to boost their playoff chances this year. With their playoff hopes slowly slipping away, the Cavs decided to fire general manager Chris Grant, a move seen by NBA analysts as a sign of a major overhaul set to happen within the franchise over the next few months.

Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders reported the Cavaliers could trade everyone on their roster, except point guard Kyrie Irving. Thus, the possibility of Deng being traded again before the February 20 trade deadline is not a stretch.

"Deng was acquired one month ago by the Cavaliers, and is reportedly unhappy in Cleveland (describing the team as a "mess" to friends). The veteran small forward can be traded again before the deadline, but he can't be packaged with another player from the Cavaliers," Kennedy stressed.

There are also reports of Deng's growing disinterest in the franchise, prompting speculation that the small forward won't re-sign with the Cavaliers when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.

"The stuff going on in practice would never be tolerated by the coaching staff or the front office back in Chicago. It's a mess," Deng reportedly told a confidante via Mitch Lawrence of New York Daily News.

The Cavaliers might have solved their Andrew Bynum problem by hooking up with the Bulls for Deng on January 9, but they also lost two future first-round picks.

As the franchise look to push the restart button, many analysts predicted the Cavs will deal Deng in exchange for assets such as draft picks or a solid young player.

The Dallas Mavericks, Charlotte Bobcats and San Antonio Spurs are expected to be buyers on the trade front with roughly two weeks left in the trade period. And all of them would make ideal destinations for Deng, though a trade to San Antonio would bolster the defending Western Conference champions' chances of returning to the NBA Finals this season.
http://www.latinopost.com/articles/3...urs-roster.htm

Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #129
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Please God, don't trade him to the Spurs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #130
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, yes. I'd take Deng and Sanders and call it a day.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #131
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Please God, don't trade him to the Spurs.
they have Kawhi in that spot.

deng to the mavs????waaaaaawwwww
Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #132
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
I agree (I think).

Old 02-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #133
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'd so much rather get him in a couple months for nothing but cash.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #134
Underdog

Quote:
Agreed, but what would the price be to lock him up right now? If we're talking about sending out something like Marion's expiring and Carter/Crowder/etc, then sign me up. Deng can be what Marion was during our championship run (and then some) throughout the duration of his next contract.

The Cavs look to be stacking picks and shedding salary - perhaps a third team could help facilitate a deal? Maybe the also-rumored NBA farm league team, the Charlotte Bobcats, could help a bother out (again)?

I am no longer sober.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #135
sike
The Preacha

Would adding Deng automatically take us out of the Lance Stevenson race?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #136
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, unless we can trade Monta for a starting center... I'd rather have one of Deng/Lance (preferably Lance) and a center than both of them and a third-tier center.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:23 AM   #137
Underdog

Quote:
Salary-wise, probably yep.

But I like Deng better than Stephenson... One shows promise while the other shows more than ample proof.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-11-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #138
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Salary-wise, probably yep.

But I like Deng better than Stephenson... One shows promise while the other shows more than ample proof.
Stevenson is only 23 though. Deng would be pretty much just for the Dirk era, whereas Lance would be building for the present AND the future. And with the Mavs inability to hit in the draft...it might be worth thinking long term.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #139
JeffViggiano
Banned

Quote:
of course but if Deng will go to another team maybe he resign there...i love Luol and if the price is marion+wright/crowder/larkin i'm in.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #140
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they have Kawhi in that spot.

Yes but they would play him also at PF when someone is injuried (like Splitter was) or to reduce Timmys minutes

Kawhi/Deng
Duncan/Deng
Splitter/Duncan

Or Duncan and Deng starting and Splitter off the bench.

Thats what they want and add Parker/Green in the BC it looks pretty scary.

If you can get Deng right now, you take him. Even if you have to throw in a minor talent or 2nd round pick. Its worthy to get his bird rights (and avoid a team like the Spurs getting them) and to showcase him the franchise, Dirk, RC etc.

Stephenson is a pipe dream...he likes to be with the Pacers, they know him there and they will pay him. Even if its overpaying a few million. Then they would cut the money somewhere else...West is also soon off the payroll and re-signing him would be significant cheaper.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #141
sefant77
Guru

Ah and yeah it would suck for Marion and he would be pretty pissed...probably negotiating a buyout with the Cavs...

But looks like Gilbert is anyway too proud or stupid...

Quote:
Newly-minted Cavaliers GM David Griffin said that his team will be "willing to buy the right asset at the right price" before the Feb. 20 trade deadline.
Cavs owner Dan Gilbert is determined to get his 18-33 team into the playoffs (currently four games out), as he made clear with his decisions to rent Luol Deng for a half a season and to fire former GM Chris Grant. If nothing else, Griffin's quotes seem to diminish the odds that productive veterans like Deng or Anderson Varejao will be traded away before the Feb. 20 deadline.

Last edited by sefant77; 02-11-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #142
JeffViggiano
Banned

Quote:
I agree (I think).
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Past-Deadline

is it possible sign lowry+deng+gortat this summer?

i was thinking about 10-11M for Lowry,12M for Deng and 8-9M for Gortat...
Old 02-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #143
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah and yeah it would suck for Marion and he would be pretty pissed...probably negotiating a buyout with the Cavs...

But looks like Gilbert is anyway too proud or stupid...
The Cavs are only 3 games out of #8 in the East, and only 5 out of the fifth seed... I don't think they should abandon ship at the deadline if they have the chance to make a move that makes them better.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #144
JeffViggiano
Banned

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Roster-Changes

no more dreams.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #145
spreedom
Diamond Member

I'm fine with the Mavs standing pat at the deadline unless a can't-miss trade becomes a real option... other than that, it'd be nice to get a shotblocking big for the bench or a lockdown defender, but I just don't see those guys being available right now.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #146
Underdog

Quote:
Deng is a free agent this summer.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #147
sefant77
Guru

Yeah they have Deng and Gortat on their radar and they should have a really good shot at both of them...its not like the chasing superstar FA.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #148
JeffViggiano
Banned

Quote:
Deng is a free agent this summer.
yes,sorry i wasn't talking about him...wrong 3d.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #149
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah they have Deng and Gortat on their radar and they should have a really good shot at both of them...its not like the chasing superstar FA.
This...
I think that is a very possible off-season goal. I'd also like to see the Mavs try to trade Wright and Calderon for expirings to clear up more cap space to add Stephenson to the wish list.

2014-15
Ellis/Harris/Larkin
Stephenson/Carter
Deng/Crowder
Dirk/Draft Pick
Gortat/Dalembert
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #150
JeffViggiano
Banned

teague and lowry are available..c'mon mark.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #151
Underdog

Quote:
What does that have to do with Loul Deng?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #152
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
There isn't a single credible report out there that says either of these guys are "available"... just reports that the Knicks (LOL) think they can trade Iman Shumpert for one of them. I seriously doubt either guy is on the market, and even if one of them was, we simply don't have the assets to trade for either of them.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #153
JeffViggiano
Banned

i prefer lowry but jeff is good too
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #154
JeffViggiano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
There isn't a single credible report out there that says either of these guys are "available"... just reports that the Knicks (LOL) think they can trade Iman Shumpert for one of them. I seriously doubt either guy is on the market, and even if one of them was, we simply don't have the assets to trade for either of them.
shumpert is overrated,if they trade him for one of those means that we could trade for them.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #155
Underdog

Quote:
i prefer lowry but jeff is good too
I prefer a reuben on rye, but a club sandwich is good too.

What does any of this have to do with Loul Deng?

Old 02-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #156
JeffViggiano
Banned

yeah,teague is younger but lowry plays better defence.

hard choise man...
Old 02-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #157
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
yeah,teague is younger but lowry plays better defence.

hard choise man...

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-18-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #158
sefant77
Guru

bump
Old 02-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #159
Underdog

Luol Deng won’t extension with any team, limiting Cavaliers chances of trading him

Old 02-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #160
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

This actually helps us.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote