Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts
Default White Justice vs. Black Justice

SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2014, 03:17 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What bulcrap.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What bulcrap.
You must be blissfully unaware of the past several hundred years of American history.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
You must be blissfully unaware of the past several hundred years of American history.
And you obviously are blissfully un-aware that the country has bent over backwards to try and help african americans improve their plight. Only to have the same culture drag them right back into the swamp.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-12-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So I don't really know what to do with the above post. I've considered editing it, or taking further action.

For now I just think I'll say this: That post is incredibly offensive, and I'd recommend letting this thread die.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-09-2014 at 01:11 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be okay with a lifetime ban.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anything Dude said was offensive and I feel he should be allowed to clarify and defend his argument.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Ah....if the crab theory espoused by Charles Barkley is offensive then everything is. No worries.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/27/showbi...-black-enough/
Old 12-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing good can come from this thread.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So I don't really know what to do with the above post. I've considered editing it, or taking further action.

For now I just think I'll say this: That post is incredibly offensive, and I'd recommend letting this thread die.
It is painfully obvious that the Grand Jury made the right call with the Brown shooting. However, I get so freaking tired of people crying racism. Get over yourself. Our country has a much bigger issue with people crying racism when it's not there than it does with actual racism. Idiots cry wolf over and over again... It makes it the more difficult to actually identify racism when it's there. The Ferguson b.s... Personally, I would have been fine with the KKK and the looters just going at it and wiping each other off the face of the planet.

And perhaps sean is right in one small area... Perhaps it is more difficult for a known criminal to receive justice. I had a brother that had a lot of difficulties with the law at times. Oddly enough, he was completely railroaded and sent to jail for something he had no business going to prison for. After several months when he finally made it to trial, the judge dismissed the case. He had been in a lot of trouble throughout his life. A police department basically decided that he hadn't served enough time for some of the trouble he had been in 15-20 years earlier.. Yes, it was very, very difficult for him to receive "justice". He no longer received the benefit of the doubt when it came to the police. He would not have received the benefit of the doubt when it came to a jury. He was white. It happens to people of all colors. You put yourself in a bad situation.. or you have a rap sheet a mile long.. guess what, you're more likely for something bad to happen to you at the hands of the law many times because they actually fear for their own safety.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-12-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'd be okay with a lifetime ban.
You've gotta be kidding me. That is... well, if I were to tell you how ridiculous your post was, I'd probably receive a lifetime ban.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-12-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You've gotta be kidding me. That is... well, if I were to tell you how ridiculous your post was, I'd probably receive a lifetime ban.
Relax dude, it was a joke.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
It is painfully obvious that the Grand Jury made the right call with the Brown shooting. However, I get so freaking tired of people crying racism. Get over yourself. Our country has a much bigger issue with people crying racism when it's not there than it does with actual racism. Idiots cry wolf over and over again... It makes it the more difficult to actually identify racism when it's there. The Ferguson b.s... Personally, I would have been fine with the KKK and the looters just going at it and wiping each other off the face of the planet.

And perhaps sean is right in one small area... Perhaps it is more difficult for a known criminal to receive justice. I had a brother that had a lot of difficulties with the law at times. Oddly enough, he was completely railroaded and sent to jail for something he had no business going to prison for. After several months when he finally made it to trial, the judge dismissed the case. He had been in a lot of trouble throughout his life. A police department basically decided that he hadn't served enough time for some of the trouble he had been in 15-20 years earlier.. Yes, it was very, very difficult for him to receive "justice". He no longer received the benefit of the doubt when it came to the police. He would not have received the benefit of the doubt when it came to a jury. He was white. It happens to people of all colors. You put yourself in a bad situation.. or you have a rap sheet a mile long.. guess what, you're more likely for something bad to happen to you at the hands of the law many times because they actually fear for their own safety.
Oh i think it's definitely tougher to get justice if you are a criminal which is to be expected. If you've ever had someone mess you over you know how hard it is to REALLY trust them ever again.

Once my daughter got caught shoplifting and as part of the punishment she had to go to a counseling session with a criminal justice person. I went as well.

The lady told her something I've never forgotten and i dont think she did either as she seemed to straighten up.

It was "once you actually get into the system everything changes. You no longer get the benefit of the doubt, everyone will think you are always lying and everytime something happens you will be looked into. You will do what you are told by people who will not take no for an answer"

Last edited by dude1394; 12-12-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #15
SeanL

Quote:
And you obviously are blissfully un-aware that the country has bent over backwards to try and help african americans improve their plight. Only to have the same culture drag them right back into the swamp.
Already resorting to racism? I won this argument pretty fast.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:34 AM   #16
SeanL

Last edited by SeanL; 12-13-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:36 AM   #17
SeanL

Quote:
Ah....if the crab theory espoused by Charles Barkley is offensive then everything is. No worries.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/27/showbi...-black-enough/
Justifying what you said because of Charles Barkley is the worst reason for anything.

Last edited by SeanL; 12-13-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Typical dumb-arse trying to win an argument by screaming racism. This whole thread is a racism whine.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:08 AM   #19
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly how was that "resorting to racism"? What he said is the TRUTH, it just isn't politically correct. It's amazing how no one can discuss this issue without being labeled. If you're White and you bring this up - you're a racist. When Black People bring this up they're called "Sellouts" or "Uncle Toms". It's funny because to fix a problem like this you have to actually be able to discuss it. But since no one can say anything about it thanks to the PC Gestapo, nothing will change. No wonder Barkley described it as a "Dirty, Dark secret".
Old 12-13-2014, 01:23 AM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:31 AM   #21
dude1394
Guru

Even juan williams gets it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...k-lives-go-to/
Old 12-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #22
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Exactly how was that "resorting to racism"? What he said is the TRUTH, it just isn't politically correct. It's amazing how no one can discuss this issue without being labeled. If you're White and you bring this up - you're a racist. When Black People bring this up they're called "Sellouts" or "Uncle Toms". It's funny because to fix a problem like this you have to actually be able to discuss it. But since no one can say anything about it thanks to the PC Gestapo, nothing will change. No wonder Barkley described it as a "Dirty, Dark secret".
I've noticed the people who often complain about political correctness tend to be the biggest racists.

The fact you're promoting an overtly racist post is just evidence of this.

Last edited by SeanL; 12-13-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #23
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
I've noticed the people who often complain about political correctness tend to be the biggest racists.

There was truth in Dude's post and that's all I care about. You're not even trying to look at the facts, you'd rather cry about racism.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:49 AM   #24
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Well thats convenient. Anyone who doesnt agree with you and parrot the oh woe is me line is racist. Especially that juan williams. Who cares anymore, whine away.

Last edited by dude1394; 12-14-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #25
SeanL

Quote:
There was truth in Dude's post and that's all I care about. You're not even trying to look at the facts, you'd rather cry about racism.
There was about as much truth in his post as there was in George Wallace's inaugural address.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:31 PM   #26
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
There was about as much truth in his post as there was in George Wallace's inaugural address.
Can you explain exactly what was untrue about said post?
Old 12-16-2014, 11:52 PM   #27
SeanL

Quote:
Can you explain exactly what was untrue about said post?
When he said black people are dragging this country into the swamp.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:00 AM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
When he said black people are dragging this country into the swamp.
Never said it. You are just looking for racism everywhere. If you had bothered to read the other items i posted you would have seen that i said that black culture was dragging themselves back into the swamp ( back down ).

But you are too busy sticking your fingers in your ears and agreeing with the race mongers.

Until they change their own culture they will keep sabotaging themselves.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #29
SeanL

Quote:
Never said it. You are just looking for racism everywhere. If you had bothered to read the other items i posted you would have seen that i said that black culture was dragging themselves back into the swamp ( back down ).

But you are too busy sticking your fingers in your ears and agreeing with the race mongers.

Until they change their own culture they will keep sabotaging themselves.
I'm trying to figure out how anyone could not think that is not racist.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #30
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

http://www.timwise.org/2014/11/repet...al-in-america/
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #31
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:

I see all of your points here, and they are all valid.

but, i will tweak it a tiny bit and point out that its easier for white people to get/keep the "benefit of the doubt". What that means in practice is all jumbled shades of grey. In the 1950s it was often downright dangerous if you were black. In the 2010s... much less so... but it can still happen sometimes. And even when its not dangerous, I am sure it gets old fast to often be "suspicious looking" just for existing.

(and none of this is pointed at the Fergusen story specifically)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #32
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh i think it's definitely tougher to get justice if you are a criminal which is to be expected. If you've ever had someone mess you over you know how hard it is to REALLY trust them ever again.

Once my daughter got caught shoplifting and as part of the punishment she had to go to a counseling session with a criminal justice person. I went as well.

The lady told her something I've never forgotten and i dont think she did either as she seemed to straighten up.

It was "once you actually get into the system everything changes. You no longer get the benefit of the doubt, everyone will think you are always lying and everytime something happens you will be looked into. You will do what you are told by people who will not take no for an answer"
I like that story.. and love when that sort of intervention works
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

You guys debated some things, but you let this one go unmentioned. My dear lord, the most shocking thing in this whole thread is this post. This cat actually believes that he might have to take down a political cartoon that doesn't look too good for the white folks?

It's "incredibly offensive"? Is that right, jthig32? Incredibly offensive that whites can generally easily walk into a solid structure and receive justice while blacks climb stairs to knock on the door and then find there is nothing behind it? That offends you?

You know what they say: The more things change...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You guys debated some things, but you let this one go unmentioned. My dear lord, the most shocking thing in this whole thread is this post. This cat actually believes that he might have to take down a political cartoon that doesn't look too good for the white folks?

It's "incredibly offensive"? Is that right, jthig32? Incredibly offensive that whites can generally easily walk into a solid structure and receive justice while blacks climb stairs to knock on the door and then find there is nothing behind it? That offends you?

You know what they say: The more things change...
He was talking about Dude1394's "back to the swamp" post, not the original post.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He was talking about Dude1394's "back to the swamp" post, not the original post.
Oh dear.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
close racist thread, out of the closet racists