Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #41
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Lowry, Wafer, Landry is very underrated IMHO.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #42
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Yah Mark Jackson is a jerk...but, to tell you the truth, I laughed when Josh went down.

After that first camera angle, I literally said out loud..."who the F cares, this guy is always injured."

There's this guy at the local gym that gets hurt every single game. Every time he is just laying there on the floor...makes me so mad, hahah.

But, yah...felt bad about it when I finally saw how messed up Josh's face was!

Great...LD says the Mavs have the best bench and Cadbane says 4 other teams have better benches...giving us 5 teams...

Way to ride the fence?

I sure hope we're not peaking right now...wouldn't that mean from here on out would be a decline?

----

Oh, and I have not had that much fun watching a Mavs game in too long. Go Mavs!
I think I know who you're referring to, heh heh heh.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #43
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

The highlight of this game for me was watching Carlos Boozer pick his nose on the bench for 3-4 seconds.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #44
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

do the something with the hornets on Friday!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
do the something with the hornets on Friday!!
I don't even wanna know what "the something" is - I just hope it makes the Hornets walk funny for a week!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #46
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes, Horse!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #47
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the game . But I will return to the mojo tomorrow against NO, that's for sure!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #48
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Counting Terry as Bench is a little odd to me since he averages 33.6 minutes per game. In my opinion 6th man awards (and bench comparisons) should be with the players NOT in the top 5 minutes per game (and playing at least in 50% of the games of the season. in our case that 6th man would be damp, bass or barea.

Dirk Nowitzki 37.5
Jason Kidd 35.5
Jason Terry 33.6
Josh Howard 31.9
Antoine Wright 24.0
-----------------------
Erick Dampier 22.7
Jose Barea 20.2
Brandon Bass 19.3
Devean George 16.5
James Singleton 14.6
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #49
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I just hope it makes the Hornets walk funny for a week!
or worse
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #50
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
Counting Terry as Bench is a little odd to me since he averages 33.6 minutes per game. In my opinion 6th man awards (and bench comparisons) should be with the players NOT in the top 5 minutes per game (and playing at least in 50% of the games of the season. in our case that 6th man would be damp, bass or barea.

Dirk Nowitzki 37.5
Jason Kidd 35.5
Jason Terry 33.6
Josh Howard 31.9
Antoine Wright 24.0
-----------------------
Erick Dampier 22.7
Jose Barea 20.2
Brandon Bass 19.3
Devean George 16.5
James Singleton 14.6
I saw George on that list and I think, "Why the hell did we ever give him that many minutes?"
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #51
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

He comes off the bench. Minutes don't matter. HE is the best man in the league who plays a position for his team that is not glamorous. He doesn't get his name and colege called out. You can't put an arbitrary number on how many minutes qualify you for being a bench player. Terry plays a specific role. Terry being willing to come of our bench gives us the best bench. So should the award be the person who is the best 6th best person on any team? What if a team is deep at one position? Does that team automaticaly have the best bench player. Then I guess Pual Millsap is the 6th man of the year. Terry is part of our bench. Coaches have to game for him coming off the bench and dealing with our bench scoring because of it. The game has changed. THere are "starting" sixth man all around the league and we have the best in the league.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #52
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
He comes off the bench. Minutes don't matter. HE is the best man in the league who plays a position for his team that is not glamorous. He doesn't get his name and colege called out. You can't put an arbitrary number on how many minutes qualify you for being a bench player. Terry plays a specific role. Terry being willing to come of our bench gives us the best bench. So should the award be the person who is the best 6th best person on any team? What if a team is deep at one position? Does that team automaticaly have the best bench player. Then I guess Pual Millsap is the 6th man of the year. Terry is part of our bench. Coaches have to game for him coming off the bench and dealing with our bench scoring because of it. The game has changed. THere are "starting" sixth man all around the league and we have the best in the league.
Exactly. The 6th man award is every bit of an honor for someone who use to be the starting pg on practically the same team that went to the finals. Punishing a player off the bench according to their minutes is just plain silly. If a player plays well then it's simply logic that they will get a decent amount of minutes.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #53
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

When sixth men are wing players...well, dime a dozen. When they are frontcourt players, like Tarpley...well, you know you've got something.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #54
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kareem who?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college is a cashbah, dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, hulkamania, idots, josh rocks the cashbah, what's a cashbah?, yur mom is a cashbah