Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Rant Thread

I hereby declare this the rant thread. Any story that may be uninteresting to others, but you need to get off your chest, is welcome here.

to start things off...

I was stressing about my upcoming midterm last night so I decided to email my professor cause I missed class yesterday, which was prearranged. I ask him if the midterm is still scheduled for today or if it was postponed to Wednesday like he had mentioned might happen. He answered with "yes." which isn't even an answer that makes sense.

so I stress out assuming he meant it was today, study till like 2, wake up at 5 and go over the stuff until class, get to class, and the door to the class had a note taped to it that said "History 132 with Professor Morris is canceled today because he is out of town"

I'm wasting time in the library computer lab and the @#%$# next to me has been breathing hard and fast out of his nose for the past 5 minutes. I'm gonna lose it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

For a 2nd there I thought perhaps Gordo was returning to Saturday mornings.....
Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
For a 2nd there I thought perhaps Gordo was returning to Saturday mornings.....
lol underrated joke.

I will be using this thread. I've long considered a "negativity" thread or a "Things I hate" thread.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

When you get on the elevator to go to the Lobby, and the Lobby button is all lit up as it has already been pressed by me....... be advised that by pressing it again, you will in fact not really be doing anything. No, the door will not close faster if you emphasize to the elevator that both occupants are going to the Lobby.

Another tip: The close elevator door button DOES NOT normally work. It only works when the fire alarm light is lit up, and that is in the event of a fire, and in that case you're better off taking the stairs.

Stop being retards people! G*ddamn it.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

i hate how windy it is today. I tried to push open the door this morning and the wind made me look weak.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
i hate how windy it is today. I tried to push open the door this morning and the wind made me look weak.

that's because you are weak!

MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The leads are weak? F*cking leads are weak......... you're weak.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sick of traveling. i'm sick of hotels. i'm sick of eating at chili's, applebees, quiznos, blah blah blah blah. i wanna watch my own tv in my house and then eat cheerios out of a bowl and then sleep in my own bed.

i even miss my naggin' wife. in fact, i've been on the road so long my left hand is starting to nag me about trivial crap.

and yes, i'm left handed.

i miss my dog, i miss having actual drawers full of underwear and socks. i'm sick of having to shower and get dressed before going to get coffee and breakfast.

i'm sick of being on the road.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #9
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I wish people can stop being dumbasses when they are in their vehicles.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The 'close door' button has always worked for me.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it when you're the first person in line at a red light and the car next to you starts creeping up before the light is green, as if he's going to get where he's going faster by covering those 8 inches while the light is red instead of waiting.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This will be a bit long, I've been bottling this:

I freaking hate my company's decision to move offices. Our current location is 5 minutes away from 4 major highways. It's smack dab in the middle of the metroplex. Most importantly it's a 10 minute drive from my house.

But since we've moved up in position in our industry, we have to get new diggs. Fine, how about Las Colinas? Not trendy enough. We gotta go to the 35th freaking floor of one of the signature (maybe top 5 signature, anyway) highrises in downtown Dallas.

So good ol' Thig gets to add an hour+ to his daily commute, and that's IF I decide to take the light rail.

Some may say that's an over reaction. I mean, it IS going to be kind of cool to be in a spiffy new office. And according to all my sources, our floor looks pretty sweet. I've been to the building before they started construction, it's quite nice.

Well, not only are we changing buildings, but we're changing environments. Our parent company is based in the UK, and they want us to go with a more UK type work environment. You know what that means? "Open and collaborative".

What does open and collaborative mean you ask? Gone are the spacious cubes with 5' walls. In its place? Desks. Modern, trendy desks arranged a bit like honeycombs, with zero personal space and dividers that come up about 4" above the desk surface.

This is quite possibly the worst possible idea for a development environment I could ever think of.

So if I'm especially confrontational and grumpy Monday (first day in new office), you know why.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-29-2008 at 08:14 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

this morning on the job I toured a what is euphemistically called a "meat-packing plant".

the front end of this plant, where 4,000 head per day of the soon to be packaged meat are still mooing, is a very disgusting place.

i mean, it's not disgusting like the 35th floor of a highrise in downtown Dallas, but it's really pretty disgusting just the same.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-29-2008 at 08:54 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you, Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
This will be a bit long, I've been bottling this:

I freaking hate my company's decision to move offices. Our current location is 5 minutes away from 4 major highways. It's smack dab in the middle of the metroplex. Most importantly it's a 10 minute drive from my house.

But since we've moved up in position in our industry, we have to get new diggs. Fine, how about Las Colinas? Not trendy enough. We gotta go to the 35th freaking floor of one of the signature (maybe top 5 signature, anyway) highrises in downtown Dallas.

So good ol' Thig gets to add an hour+ to his daily commute, and that's IF I decide to take the light rail.

Some may say that's an over reaction. I mean, it IS going to be kind of cool to be in a spiffy new office. And according to all my sources, our floor looks pretty sweet. I've been to the building before they started construction, it's quite nice.

Well, not only are we changing buildings, but we're changing environments. Our parent company is based in the UK, and they want us to go with a more UK type work environment. You know what that means? "Open and collaborative".

What does open and collaborative mean you ask? Gone are the spacious cubes with 5' walls. In its place? Desks. Modern, trendy desks arranged a bit like honeycombs, with zero personal space and dividers that come up about 4" above the desk surface.

This is quite possibly the worst possible idea for a development environment I could ever think of.

So if I'm especially confrontational and grumpy Monday (first day in new office), you know why.
Two thoughts...

1 - I'd feel better working for a company that chased cheap leases rather than showy locations, especially given you're in development.
2 - The best "open" environment is high-walled cubes with the openings facing each other down short aisles. The guys can roll out and talk to each other when needed, roll back in and keep to themselves when they prefer not to. Can't imagine how a bunch of developers are going to function if they don't have walls to tack things to.

My rant is a simple one. I hate refrigerator doors that close themselves. It's my fridge, and I should be able to leave the door open if I want.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #16
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Adminstrative/Security Guy that left me standing in a lobby for 45 minutes tonight, with no eye-glasses or shoes, while you figured out how to do your job,

Just because you are a tiny man, with a tiny bit of power, does not mean you had any reason to treat me like I was an inconvenient piece of crap on the bottom of your shoe. I can only PRAY that simultaneous, acute, and irreversible cases of ghonnerea, syhphilis, and herpes befall your dirtiest of parts. Amen.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Two thoughts...

1 - I'd feel better working for a company that chased cheap leases rather than showy locations, especially given you're in development.
2 - The best "open" environment is high-walled cubes with the openings facing each other down short aisles. The guys can roll out and talk to each other when needed, roll back in and keep to themselves when they prefer not to. Can't imagine how a bunch of developers are going to function if they don't have walls to tack things to.

My rant is a simple one. I hate refrigerator doors that close themselves. It's my fridge, and I should be able to leave the door open if I want.
The best environment you just described is the one we have now. Not only will we not have anything to tack things to in the new building, we were told not to bring any kind of tacks at all to the new building. Even our tiny dividers are made of glass, so putting anything on them is going to require sticky tack or something of that nature. Also no place to put individual white boards, which is another ridiculous decision.

On the showy location part, I at least understand where they're coming from. We're not a consulting firm. We make software for a specific industry, and we service major companies in that industry. When you have IBM and Sprint rolling in to talk the sales guys or just to check out he place, I get that they want a spiffy place rather than the warehousy feel we have now. So that I can at least understand, even if I don't agree with it, at all.

But the desks are just a horrendous idea, and it's going to cost them a major chunk of productivity.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-30-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #18
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
this morning on the job I toured a what is euphemistically called a "meat-packing plant".

the front end of this plant, where 4,000 head per day of the soon to be packaged meat are still mooing, is a very disgusting place.

i mean, it's not disgusting like the 35th floor of a highrise in downtown Dallas, but it's really pretty disgusting just the same.

Hello Mr. Rowe. I am a fan of your show, glad to finally meet you.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But the desks are just a horrendous idea, and it's going to cost them a major chunk of productivity.
Not to mention extending common courtesy to your employees. People need at least a little bit of privacy in the workplace. That just doesn't sound very humane to me. Especially for developers.

The amount of S I have on my wall is incredible. I share an office with one other guy, and we have a 6' half cube wall in the middle of the office. It sounds to me like people will inevitably piss each other off in that situation you described.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #20
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Not to mention extending common courtesy to your employees. People need at least a little bit of privacy in the workplace. That just doesn't sound very humane to me. Especially for developers.

The amount of S I have on my wall is incredible. I share an office with one other guy, and we have a 6' half cube wall in the middle of the office. It sounds to me like people will inevitably piss each other off in that situation you described.
Well, we're working against the UK working environment unfortunately. From what I hear, people in similar jobs in the UK are used to this sort of thing.

I know that our parent company's home office in UK pretty much just has tables with computers on them, with no dividers of any kind. And this is a major corporate software company.

*sigh*

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
The best environment you just described is the one we have now. Not only will we not have anything to tack things to in the new building, we were told not to bring any kind of tacks at all to the new building. Even our tiny dividers are made of glass, so putting anything on them is going to require sticky tack or something of that nature. Also no place to put individual white boards, which is another ridiculous decision.

On the showy location part, I at least understand where they're coming from. We're not a consulting firm. We make software for a specific industry, and we service major companies in that industry. When you have IBM and Sprint rolling in to talk the sales guys or just to check out he place, I get that they want a spiffy place rather than the warehousy feel we have now. So that I can at least understand, even if I don't agree with it, at all.

sucks man. sorry about this. Sometimes you have to do some personal business on company time...be it at lunch or during the day..some privacy would be nice.

what are they gonna set up a pay phone somewhere, so you can make phone calls? what a bunch of sh*t
Old 01-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Well, we're working against the UK working environment unfortunately. From what I hear, people in similar jobs in the UK are used to this sort of thing.

I know that our parent company's home office in UK pretty much just has tables with computers on them, with no dividers of any kind. And this is a major corporate software company.

*sigh*

Well I hope your co-workers like the large colorful graphics I'm going to start posting in every thread. Get a 30" wide screen.....and your popcorn ready.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

My rant you ask? I hate being a growing company that buys smaller companies with weak IT departments that I have to pull double shifts getting into shape.

I hate having to act like a nice guy all the time when I really want to say "AND YOU ARE THE #%#$%#$ NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR??? YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO [INSERT ANY NUMBER OF THINGS] AND YOU OUTSOURCE EVERYTHING? WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN AND WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO NOW TRAIN YOU TO DO WHAT YOU WERE HIRED TO DO".

I hate having my boss swapped around like we are playing musical chairs. Just let me be the damn IT Director and run the show. It really gets old explaining things IT related to an accountant that has been deemed my boss. You are the accountant - go account. If the entire purpose of you being my boss is so I can explain, (see break down into tiny little quarter-sized terms), all of this shit to you just so you can explain it to your boss, how about we eliminate you completely and let me just explain it to the VP myself with the extra pay you earn.

Ugh...
Old 01-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #24
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
My rant you ask? I hate being a growing company that buys smaller companies with weak IT departments that I have to pull double shifts getting into shape.

I hate having to act like a nice guy all the time when I really want to say "AND YOU ARE THE #%#$%#$ NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR??? YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO [INSERT ANY NUMBER OF THINGS] AND YOU OUTSOURCE EVERYTHING? WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN AND WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO NOW TRAIN YOU TO DO WHAT YOU WERE HIRED TO DO".

I hate having my boss swapped around like we are playing musical chairs. Just let me be the damn IT Director and run the show. It really gets old explaining things IT related to an accountant that has been deemed my boss. You are the accountant - go account. If the entire purpose of you being my boss is so I can explain, (see break down into tiny little quarter-sized terms), all of this shit to you just so you can explain it to your boss, how about we eliminate you completely and let me just explain it to the VP myself with the extra pay you earn.

Ugh...

Dan,

i hear you on a lot of these points. For instance, our boss is also in charge of accounting. She has worked at our company for 30 years, that when computers started being a common thing at work, she was involved because she was already working here....and now she is in charge of it, along with accounting. Keep in mind she doesn't know anything computer related..she is 60 years old! We have to draw freaking pictures for her whenever we have a meeting. I'm serious too. She told us "pictures help", and when we don't come up with a solution to a particular problem, we put it on the back burner for a future meeting. Then when the meeting happens, we have to explain everything all over again, wasting our time. Literally, we have explained lots of things to her over and over again.

from DFS namespace, to dfs-replication over many sites. To Wasp inventory tracking software. To our 10 Mb baseband ethernet over copper over the last mile.

We have to use Visio to draw a lot of crap.

Lots of times, some of the emails bounce back. We have to figure out what that means, but everytime we have to tell the recipients IT company to make this change on their ASA5510, or remove something off their exchange server filters...

f*cking politics.

EDIT: I like pictures of stuff, in fact they help. The point is we should not have to spend so much time explaining technical things to a non technical person. They just won't get it. Plus....she is old...really old. Older than Doc's balls.

Last edited by MavsX; 01-30-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
f*cking politics.
Exactly...
Old 01-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

once I killed a guy....but its ok, the table I was sitting at needed another chair...and his departure to the next world made that possible.

wait.....evil confessions is what we're doing here, right?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it so friggin' cold inside???

Damn building's insulation!

[okay, I guess I'm more "bitching" than "ranting", but my nuts are frosty at the moment!]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-30-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #28
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Here's my little rant mostly on my current situation and some just thoughts in general.

I hate being expected to know things. I hate being expected to be able to read peoples minds. I hate that girls expect us to be able to read all their sighs and shoulder shrugs and other BS signals perfectly. I hate that girls don't know what they want and that they change their minds constantly. I hate being told that it's hard on them too and they aren't going to get over it for a while either when they were the one that wanted it too end. It seems so contradictory. I hate being told that her "feelings changed" and that she "didn't want them too, but it's out of her control." What a load of bull. How can you not control your feelings? Doesn't make much sense to me, but yet we're just expected to know these things I guess.

End rant.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:25 AM   #29
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

*sigh*
That's like The Office, man. I never understood how sales people could sit four feet from each other and be on the phone all day. It makes for great shenanigans between Dwight & Jim, but still.

It's just European culture, I guess. They're used to being crammed in on top of each other in all aspects of life.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #30
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Here's my little rant mostly on my current situation and some just thoughts in general.

I hate being expected to know things. I hate being expected to be able to read peoples minds. I hate that girls expect us to be able to read all their sighs and shoulder shrugs and other BS signals perfectly. I hate that girls don't know what they want and that they change their minds constantly. I hate being told that it's hard on them too and they aren't going to get over it for a while either when they were the one that wanted it too end. It seems so contradictory. I hate being told that her "feelings changed" and that she "didn't want them too, but it's out of her control." What a load of bull. How can you not control your feelings? Doesn't make much sense to me, but yet we're just expected to know these things I guess.

End rant.

hey man, thats a girl for you. Women are crazy. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #31
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

look, little office pixie, i know you're cute and all, and everyone loves you (or at least wants to), but do we really need a class on how the thermostat works? i know, with all of your 105 lbs, you get cold easily, but, cranking the heat up to 85 will not get it warmer any quicker. it just makes the heat run for 3 hours and causes everyone to be uncomfortable, except you, of course, because 10 minutes after you jacked the heat up, you bailed for your daily 2 hour "lunch" with the boss.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #32
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut
look, little office pixie, i know you're cute and all, and everyone loves you (or at least wants to), but do we really need a class on how the thermostat works? i know, with all of your 105 lbs, you get cold easily, but, cranking the heat up to 85 will not get it warmer any quicker. it just makes the heat run for 3 hours and causes everyone to be uncomfortable, except you, of course, because 10 minutes after you jacked the heat up, you bailed for your daily 2 hour "lunch" with the boss.

who is the office pixie, please explain...i am intrigued.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

I blame the post office for the destruction of the rain forest.
I receive 5lb's of unwanted junk mail a week.
All this paper ends up being moved from my mail box and directly to my trash can.
When is the post office going to take responsibility and stop the destruction of our natural resources.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:46 AM   #34
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of the post office, I'm not in charge of it, nor can I control when or how it makes deliveries. I'm sorry it took 6 days for you to receive my check....but I put the check in the mail and it was out of my hands at that point. No, I'm not going to follow your suggestion and call and complain to the post office. Frankly, I don't really give a damn that it took six days, nor do I care if the rest of your mail is delivered in a similar fashion. If you wanted your check faster, you could've requested Fedex or DHL, but you didn't, so suck it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-31-2008 at 11:53 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Here's one for you:

With Super Bowl week in full swing, every has been, or old legend, or old nobody who ever played in the NFL is getting interviewed by every radio show in creation, and they all think "Well I think those Steeler teams, or the 85' Bears or the 49ers could beat the Patriots" The rules were different back then, blah blah blah, whine whine whine. Enough with the good old boy BS. I'm talking to you Lynn Swann, shut your mouth. With advances in science, workouts regimens, training equipment, supplements...the list goes on and on, these athletes are bigger, and stronger, and faster. The game is faster. We've all seen old Super Bowl footage....those guys look like they're running in mud. Be quiet.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-31-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Speaking of the post office, I'm not in charge of it, nor can I control when or how it makes deliveries. I'm sorry it took 6 days for you to receive my check....but I put the check in the mail and it was out of my hands at that point. No, I'm not going to follow your suggestion and call and complain to the post office. Frankly, I don't really give a damn that it took six days, nor do I care if the rest of your mail is delivered in a similar fashion. If you wanted your check faster, you could've requested Fedex or DHL, but you didn't, so suck it.

Or maybe they should try this super-futuristic (like, Y2k futuristic) concept called "online billing"?

My effing gas company will only take snail mail bills, or I can go up to Kroger and attempt to pay my bill on their always-broken system...

Seriously, I know half a dozen under-employed geeks who could set up such a system on the cheap...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #37
bernardos70
Diamond Member

It's not that I don't like football, but I hate the two weeks before the Superbowl, and the four or so weeks after it. Damn it, 80% of Sportscenter is dedicated to the Superbowl, and has been for the past week and a half, and will be for another month or so. Damn it, what a pain in the ass to wait for Mavericks highlights!

While we're at it, I think commercial breaks are downright comical in Football games. Team Scores, PAT, Commercial. Kick off. Commercial. 2 minute Warning. Commercial. Timeout. Commercial. I feel like I'm watching MTV.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #38
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that people who eat beans in chili are inherently bad people...
Old 01-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #39
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I hate that out of nowhere one day my bathroom door won't stay open. It just slowly closes like my house is on the side of a hill.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #40
fluid.forty.one

shaggy I expect you to make good use of this thread

Tags
100% saturated fluff, blinded by the fluff, clean fluffy slate, fluff eater, got a bit fluffy in here, mother fluffer, not in on the fluff