Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-03-2008, 04:22 AM   #1
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all
Default Dirk Doesn't Care Anymore

Anyone else getting the impression that he just doesn't care anymore?

I mean, he's a stand up guy so he's going to go out there and play every night. And I think he genuinely enjoys the game so he goes out there and plays to have fun. I'm not saying he hates being on the court...

But the fire he used to have seems missing. There are times when he doesn't always make the effort play right in front of him, or he doesn't seem to push himself as hard as he might have sometimes.

Maybe it's not so much that he doesn't care as that he's just given up all hope of ever doing any better than he's already done. He's playing like a guy who has already achieved everything he'll ever be able to achieve and is just out there playing for the fun and pride of it.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I'm getting the impression that he's just not shooting well.

Regarding his "fire", we still see it after 3's at time, and we saw a hustle play against the Kings resulting in a George dunk.

I dunno whether or not he cares, if he doesn't than what a quitter!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I think he realizes that the Mavericks' title run is over, and barring an extraordinary set of circumstances, he will not win a championship in Dallas. That must be very hard.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Suppose he carried that burden longer than most of us would have. Trust in the Dirk!

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Huh? How long ago that he took a long sprint for the whole court to go after a loose ball for the tip to Devean?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

All I saw was the highlights, but he sure looked like he cared after hitting a big three in the fourth.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-03-2008 at 09:26 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

He did this last year, too.
He'll pick it up 2nd half of the season. I think that after watching the Spurs play dead for a couple of seasons then win champtionships by turning it on the second half of the season, he figures he could too. Of course, the danger is that your owner goes into panic mode.

There's also Carlisle's practices. The whole team looked dead for about 40 minutes of the game last night. It wasn't just Dirk.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree whole-heartedly. what I thought happened was he was trying to take it inside and was getting mugged all night. I thought refs were woefully poor last night.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I haven't seen anything this season from Dirk that would lead me to think he doesn't care anymore. It's just not his nature.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk scored 29 last night. At best, this thread is bad timing; at worst, go f*ck yourself.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Anyone else getting the impression that he just doesn't care anymore?
No, I don't get that impression at all.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

When Dirk no longer cares, he will no longer be playing basketball.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #13
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I'm getting the impression that he's just not shooting well.

Regarding his "fire", we still see it after 3's at time, and we saw a hustle play against the Kings resulting in a George dunk.

I dunno whether or not he cares, if he doesn't than what a quitter!
I agree. After making those two 3's against the Clippers, his "fire" was definitely there. Just watch the slowmo and you will see it. He is just missing his shooting touch, that's it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 12-03-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #14
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get some of the posters here. Last year all anyone could gripe about was how Dirk couldn't get any help on the double and tripple teams, now, with this motion offense, he is finding open guys who are hitting thier shots, he all the sudden doesn't care. I saw two or three plays last night where Dirk got the ball low drew a tripple team and kicked out to Jet for the wide open shot. Dirk is playing smarter than I have ever seen him do. He has already had nights where he has won games for us, and now we have a team that looks like it won't abandon him in the playoffs, he doesn't care?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Some folks can't get over points.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Dirk scored 29 last night. At best, this thread is bad timing; at worst, go f*ck yourself.
Ain't that the truth...

Which aspect of a 29-10 night at the NBA level comes across as "not caring anymore"???

Seriously - our fan base has some video game expectations about this team all of a sudden!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

.500 or better ball before the all-star break is acceptable. Why worry about them now -- I mean, new coaches, new players, new offense, and <20 games in -- and we are worried about whether Dirk cares or not right now.

I actually hope right now he isn't worried or caring. I hope he plays, learns, wins enough to keep them within striking distance -- and focuses on the second half of the season. Let the young guys burn a while.

I'll be worried if I don't see the fire -- after the all-star break. Right now, I think I see too much fire.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 12-03-2008 at 11:11 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

What's interesting is that early in the season when we were LOSING, we would start a game well and then get out butts handed to us in the 4th quarter.

Now that we are winning, we seem to start a bit slow and then kick up a notch or two in the 4th.

If you ask me, not that anybody is...I would rather look asleep at the wheel to start a game and then wake up to finish strong winning the game in the 4th.

I can't believe it...but perhaps Avery to Carlisle was the Change we needed!!! I can believe again, and I used to be a huge Avery supporter.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads like this make me want to vomit.. I suppose it's one of the drawbacks of the forum becoming more and more popular.

Dirk is shooting poorly right now. He'll get out of his funk. He's trying to take the ball to the rim as well. He's just struggling a bit with his shot, that's all. He's rebounding the ball well as of late. He's taking the ball to the rim more. Why anyone would think that he just doesn't care anymore is beyond me.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #20
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was getting pushed around last night. He had the ball poked away numerous times and was flopping instead of going to get the ball. See the jump ball in the first half, where he was more interested in selling the foul than getting the loose ball. He didn't try to get to the hole much last night, especially in the first half.

He played like a puss last night from points 0 through 15, then woke up a bit at the end - but still wasn't hitting jumpers. Murph is at least right about that.

Dirk has got to get stronger with the ball, for as much as he handles it with his back to the defender.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was fine last night. A few lapses in the toughness dept. but dude he was attacking the rim! Led us in scoring and hit 2 huge threes down the stretch.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #22
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk cares more than we'll ever know.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #23
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is in a bit of a funk right now, but it's forcing the rest of the team to step up and they've answered the call with a 7-1 streak, despite Josh Howard missing the last 6 games and Kidd having a couple of vanilla performances... Rick Carlisle is starting to achieve something that Avery never could - he's winning games with the entire team, not just with Dirk...

Imagine what we'll look like when the UberMan finally snaps out of it!

Last edited by Underdog; 12-03-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #24
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barea does not care anymore.

Seriously, anyone else get the impression that a post's title has to be true?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #25
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

You sure are starting some winners for threads lately.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #26
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Threads like this make me want to vomit.. I suppose it's one of the drawbacks of the forum becoming more and more popular.

Dirk is shooting poorly right now. He'll get out of his funk. He's trying to take the ball to the rim as well. He's just struggling a bit with his shot, that's all. He's rebounding the ball well as of late. He's taking the ball to the rim more. Why anyone would think that he just doesn't care anymore is beyond me.
Totally agree. It seems that just cinemablend has this opinion... As I wrote as well, he's just struggling in shooting, but he will find his touch again. Come on, this guy is one of the best shooters in the entire league!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 12-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #27
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Rick Carlisle is starting to achieve something that Avery never could - he's winning games with the entire team, not just with Dirk...
The Mavs under Avery were at one point winning with Terry, Howard, Stack, Harris, and even Diop in addition to Dirk. You don't get to the finals or to 67 wins without winning as a team. It's just that when the wheels came off, they really came off, but at that point, they weren't winning with Dirk, either.

Just say no to scapegoating.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
The Mavs under Avery were at one point winning with Terry, Howard, Stack, Harris, and even Diop in addition to Dirk. You don't get to the finals or to 67 wins without winning as a team. It's just that when the wheels came off, they really came off, but at that point, they weren't winning with Dirk, either.
I didn't say it was ONLY Dirk winning games for us, just that our wins will come differently under Carlisle when teams/injuries/funk/refs take Dirk out of the game... He's better than Avery at utilizing individual talent, rather than trying to make his weapons fit into a certain mold...

Old 12-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #29
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

i disagree as well. just watch, he will carry this team like he always does throughout the season!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #30
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #31
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Dirk is the one guy that the Mavericks can always count on to care about winning. But he's not stupid. He knows the window has closed here, and he'll go out and play with determination to win because he's a professional... but i'm sure he's struggling with the notion that if he's going to win a title it will have to be somewhere other than Dallas. We should all feel lucky that he's the type of guy that wouldn't demand a trade.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #32
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

question, do you think Dirk will retire a Maverick or do you think he will go somewhere else and try to win? Just wondering because I know is 2010 he is a Free Agent and his name was in a article about the Knicks and who they might be able to choose from. So if mavericks don't win this year or next year do you think he would leave the mavericks? just want to hear what some people think because I think he will retire a maverick just because he seems like the type of player that really cares for a team he plays for
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #33
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

He's going back to Germany after the Mavs.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #34
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk sucks. Trade him for Pavel.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #35
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
He's going back to Germany after the Mavs.
Hopfully not until he's 35 or something. After his current contract he is 33 and he would still own the entire German league single-handed... He has definitely enough gas to play at least two more years after 2011 inside the NBA.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Got this from db.com -- didn't know where else to post it...

Said Terry: "I think my mentality and focus has changed. Dirk told me going into the season: 'There's one thing about you that bugs me, Jet. It's consistency. Some nights you come out looking great like an All-Star, and other nights I don't know what's going on.' So I took that to heart."

It shows.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

And I could see this thread (although I'd still disagree with it) being posted after a night where Dirk takes 8 shots, even if he hits a lot of them.

Dirk shot 27 times. A lot of them were drives to the hoop. A lot of them were jumpers that are still a better decision than 95% of NBA shots, simply because Dirk is taking them.

Dirk takes 27 shots and grabs 10 rebounds. He screams at the crowd. He screams at the clips. He celebrates.

"Dirk doesn't care anymore" my ass.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #38
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #39
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Got this from db.com -- didn't know where else to post it...

Said Terry: "I think my mentality and focus has changed. Dirk told me going into the season: 'There's one thing about you that bugs me, Jet. It's consistency. Some nights you come out looking great like an All-Star, and other nights I don't know what's going on.' So I took that to heart."

It shows.
I posted that @ db.com. . . got it from the daily dime off ESPN.com
greensborohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
+
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuz i said it it's right, dirk = the awesomeness, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, got a bit fluffy in here, obvious dirk fans unite!, teddy bear scissors, thread diarrhea