Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #481
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Hollins is just the kind of big man Kidd needs...smart trade by the Mavs
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #482
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

what a finish!
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:24 AM   #483
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

by the way, the 76ers are better than their .500 record indicates.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #484
catsil

catsil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
by the way, the 76ers are better than their .500 record indicates.
not to mention they have a 7 game winning streak
catsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #485
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsil View Post
not to mention they had a 7 game winning streak
Fixed.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #486
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
xraided199, hope everything turns out well for your mom, yourself and your entire family. Be strong.
Best wishes from me as well

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #487
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRNs4uYDDY

ywah1
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #488
MavericksFan5912

MavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the rough

jason kidd 6/8 from three... finally...

MavericksFan5912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #489
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
kidd and terry celebrating before it goes in is hilarious.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #490
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Look at all of the excitement, fun, and optimisim this game brought up.

...and then look at Howard. I didn't even see the guy celebrating the win or anything. When he was walking back to the locker room he looked like he was pouting and upset about something.

He's a major downer for this team and I can't wait to trade his butt.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #491
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post

...and then look at Howard. I didn't even see the guy celebrating the win or anything. When he was walking back to the locker room he looked like he was pouting and upset about something.

Because not he, but Dirk made the game winning shot. IMO, since Avery put Josh as the go-to-guy in the beginning of last season (and uses Dirk as a point forward; simply ridiculous!) he is still thinking he deserves to be the main man on the team. I think he never got over it that Dirk is a better player and the major offensive force of the Mavericks. If we get rid of this dickhead who never learned to be a team player, I will be happy. In his All-Star season he played the second fiddle to Dirk which was (and still would be) his best role. But after Avery fell in love with him and tried to replace Dirk by Josh, he became a numbnut. Ah, I forgot: It seems that smoking pot during the offseason blew his mind completely...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #492
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post

Look at Mr. NoFun at the bottom-right of this pic...

He has no interest in winning with this team...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-20-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #493
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Oh snap...

I already deleted the Tivo of the game so I wasn't sure if he was actually in the pile or not.

Sigh
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #494
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we knew how it really was with him. You can assume anything you like based on blurry pictures or whatever, but I'd sure like to know what the real deal is from somebody who knows. I wonder if he still goofs around with them in the locker room...if they're friendly at all...or if he's a huge malcontent a la 'Sean Avery' and he is becoming a cancer?...or maybe everything is fine behind the scenes and he's just upset that he can't be out there with them... I don't think anyone knows any of these things for sure, but it sure would be nice if someone who's there every day could snitch and tell us.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #495
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Man. What a game. Not sure how good that 6ers team is even with Elton Brand but a win like that can really start a streak here. If the Mavs lose the next game I just don't see how this team can pull in a streak. Games like last night should ignite a run.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #496
dissentkid

dissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I wish we knew how it really was with him. You can assume anything you like based on blurry pictures or whatever, but I'd sure like to know what the real deal is from somebody who knows. I wonder if he still goofs around with them in the locker room...if they're friendly at all...or if he's a huge malcontent a la 'Sean Avery' and he is becoming a cancer?...or maybe everything is fine behind the scenes and he's just upset that he can't be out there with them... I don't think anyone knows any of these things for sure, but it sure would be nice if someone who's there every day could snitch and tell us.
nicely said! i couldnt agree more...
dissentkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #497
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
kidd and terry celebrating before it goes in is hilarious.
Fortune Tellers.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #498
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

....Bosh is calling out Moon for his boneheaded play which essentially cost them their game in Atl. I think he allowed JJ a clear path to score and then jack up a 3 with clock on the board.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #499
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'll ultimately have your answer by the trade deadline...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #500
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well said, and, like Underdog mentioned, we will get some sort of an answer until February, if a reasonable trade opportunity presents itself.

It's difficult to judge Josh's standing from an outside perspective, yet it probably wouldn't surprise anyone, if his "extracurricular activities" and recent showings on the court left no one excited.

It has been said for quite some time that the Mavs are lacking a true shooting guard or center with offensive qualities, but personally I would like us to just trade Josh for a good and more reliable player and see if another nice addition could be realized, e.g. by using Stack's contract and Bass.

Josh is (was) supposed to be our second-best player, our version of Paul Pierce or Pau Gasol. He hasn't been close to playing like that for the last 12 months, he's not even on the court when it counts.

I don't have a lot of confidence that he will ever get back to where he was as a player for us. He might turn into the old Josh on another team after a trade, but I'd be willing to take that risk and try something new.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #501
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:

come on Josh
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #502
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

gross
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #503
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Well said, and, like Underdog mentioned, we will get some sort of an answer until February, if a reasonable trade opportunity presents itself.

It's difficult to judge Josh's standing from an outside perspective, yet it probably wouldn't surprise anyone, if his "extracurricular activities" and recent showings on the court left no one excited.

It has been said for quite some time that the Mavs are lacking a true shooting guard or center with offensive qualities, but personally I would like us to just trade Josh for a good and more reliable player and see if another nice addition could be realized, e.g. by using Stack's contract and Bass.

Josh is (was) supposed to be our second-best player, our version of Paul Pierce or Pau Gasol. He hasn't been close to playing like that for the last 12 months, he's not even on the court when it counts.

I don't have a lot of confidence that he will ever get back to where he was as a player for us. He might turn into the old Josh on another team after a trade, but I'd be willing to take that risk and try something new.
...and 30 games is a good measuring stick, it's time to wheel and deal. What his best game was when Dirk was suspended?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #504
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
what would be the fun of knowing don't you find it more fun not knowing and reading the media I know I sure do, it makes it more fun not knowing if everything is ok with a team, brings more drama
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #505
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
what would be the fun of knowing don't you find it more fun not knowing and reading the media I know I sure do, it makes it more fun not knowing if everything is ok with a team, brings more drama
...sort of like the media driven problems Devin and Frank is having. Kidd-Devin deal.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #506
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
...sort of like the media driven problems Devin and Frank is having. Kidd-Devin deal.
I read about that too. The issue with Devin and Carter being benched... I think Devin didn't appreciate that too much. Carter was more diplomatic with his responses. I posted some articles in the "Around the NBA" part of this forum.

Tags
buzzer beater, dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, gdt 08/09, great win!, rep 2 dirkftw, word of the day - hollins