Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I know one shouldn't be a downer with a win but can the Mavs just waive Singleton already? He is nearly as ineffective as Matt Carroll these days without the horrid contract.
neg rep you.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #42
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

I love that the Mavs won, but seriously, have you ever seen a team that seems to play so bad so often, and somehow wins the game? I mean, we continue to miss laypups, point blank jumpers(JET, who used to be money on these 12 footers), and allow the opponents to drive the lane with impunity.

And what was with all the standing around while the player with the ball dribbles the shot clock away in the 4th qtr and OT? Nobody was setting picks or cutting to the goal. I hate those isolation plays, with the possible exception of Dirk, who can actually make something good happen.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #43
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

That was crazy.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #44
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Great win. Roddy playing in OT and the Mavs getting the win will be huge for RC's confidence in playing the rookie.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #45
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I love that the Mavs won, but seriously, have you ever seen a team that seems to play so bad so often, and somehow wins the game? I mean, we continue to miss laypups, point blank jumpers(JET, who used to be money on these 12 footers), and allow the opponents to drive the lane with impunity.

And what was with all the standing around while the player with the ball dribbles the shot clock away in the 4th qtr and OT? Nobody was setting picks or cutting to the goal. I hate those isolation plays, with the possible exception of Dirk, who can actually make something good happen.
Playing poorly and still winning is exactly what championship teams (or 67-win teams that lose in the first round) do. It is absolutely impossible to play well for anywhere near 82 games. What makes a team really good is winning most of the time when it plays well and winning some of the time when it plays poorly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-17-2009 at 12:01 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I miss you, Dirk and Co.

I will find a way to reconnect with you soon! But just seeing that picture of his celebration is EPIC.
been missing some bgm round these parts!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #47
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post

Coming into tonight the Bucks were 4th in the league in defensive efficiency and we shot 51%. I wouldn't call this a bad night. Give the Bucks some credit for getting hot midway through the 3rd and having enough left in the tank to stay close in the 4th when it looked like we might extend the lead again. They're a dangerous team.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #48
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Indefensible

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #49
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

already wrote this GDT, but i kno most jump over to here so jus wanted to post it again. my bad if any of ya'll already read it:

my goodness. i have been browsing last few pages here (meaning GDT) and i have to say i am shocked but also not so shocked. its expected (the bickering) during a heated a tight game that went to OT, but after ALL i saw was dirk's game winner via replay video after gettin back home, i thought maybe the board would be in a better mood.

since i was not part of any of the convo, it is absolutely not my place to put my two cents in. all i have to say is Dirk is fabulous, and night after night he keeps proving it to me. i love all of you, and i love our winning ways.

WHAT A DAMN SHOT BY DIRK DAMN IT!!!! INSANE BOUNCE, INSANE GAME!!!

HERES SOME +REP!!!

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #50
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

dirk really getting some love on nba.com now

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #51
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

OMG! WHAT A WIN! i can't believe i missed the game. . but finally finishing up alot of school matters and come home to this! today is a good day! GO MAVS!!!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #52
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The tip-in by Gooden after the missed layup by Dirk was a huge and his behind-the-back dribble was funny.

I wouldn't give up on Singleton just yet. It's tough for a guy at the end of the bench to get in any kind of rhythm.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #53
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Skiles has to be second guessing his decision to play Dirk with Mbah a Moute on the final possession. He's a great defender but a taller player would have made it nearly impossible for Dirk to catch a lob in the middle of the floor. It still took a great pass by Kidd to get him the ball.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #54
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

WIN.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 11-17-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #55
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I love JJB, but he should be just a spark when things are getting lazy, for 4th quarters, it's should be 50/50 PT for RB3 and JJB.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:57 AM   #56
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I know one thing I'll be happy when this month is over with all the back to back games the Mavs have, I'm not crying about how many back to back games they have because the Lakers have the same amount........it's just crazy how the NBA schedule maker put them in the same month not that far from each other, if the Mavs can make it out of this month with a good record and stay above 500. I'll be happy.

Side Note:

They just said on DMN that Tim Thomas might play is his first game vs. the Spurs coming up....I'm not sure what's going on with Marion but I hope he's not to hurt because the Mavs are gonna need him with Howard being out.

Last edited by Thomas86; 11-17-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #57
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

After the shittiest night possible, coming home to read the headline "Nowitzki saves mavs with buzzer-beater in OT" sure helps.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 AM   #58
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRPd3sq03Q

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #59
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bucksketball.com/2009/11/...-113/#more-754

"Jennings was once again a one man show in the fourth quarter. 13 of his 25 points, including two three-pointers. Not so coincidentally, Jennings had more room to operate with Rodrigue Beaubois out of the game for the entire fourth period. Beaubois’ quickness was a huge factor in Dallas’ success against Jennings early and Beaubois defense on the final play made Jennings look like a rookie for the very first time all year pretty much. I asked Jennings about Beaubois

(On whether he’s seen anyone as quick as him this year) No not really. I think he’s the future for that team.)"

13 of BJ's 25 in the 4th. But I'm told JJB played him great. Go figure.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 AM   #60
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
http://www.bucksketball.com/2009/11/...-113/#more-754

"Jennings was once again a one man show in the fourth quarter. 13 of his 25 points, including two three-pointers. Not so coincidentally, Jennings had more room to operate with Rodrigue Beaubois out of the game for the entire fourth period. Beaubois’ quickness was a huge factor in Dallas’ success against Jennings early and Beaubois defense on the final play made Jennings look like a rookie for the very first time all year pretty much. I asked Jennings about Beaubois

(On whether he’s seen anyone as quick as him this year) No not really. I think he’s the future for that team.)"

13 of BJ's 25 in the 4th. But I'm told JJB played him great. Go figure.
Cad, we get it.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 AM   #61
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you choose to phrase that toward me.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #62
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Dirk you magnificent beast.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:18 AM   #63
cchriswake
Banned

cchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these parts

btw am I the only one impressed with Milwaukee's home crowd? They were totally amped up all game and reminded me of watching NCAA games.. pretty good crowd, no wonder they were undefeated at home.. until Mavs spoiled the fun >
cchriswake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
The tip-in by Gooden after the missed layup by Dirk was a huge and his behind-the-back dribble was funny.

I wouldn't give up on Singleton just yet. It's tough for a guy at the end of the bench to get in any kind of rhythm.
It was pretty special how Gooden managed to sneak around baseline to get to that offensive rebound. For people ragging on his bball iq, he gets an A+ for that one.

I was just really disappointed in Singleton picking up two extremely dumb fouls in nine seconds with three minutes left in the third. They made him look like a rookie.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #65
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchriswake View Post
btw am I the only one impressed with Milwaukee's home crowd? They were totally amped up all game and reminded me of watching NCAA games.. pretty good crowd, no wonder they were undefeated at home.. until Mavs spoiled the fun >
Yea those fans were loud, chanting a lot, did sound like a NCAA game or just one drunk section singing. Sorta how i wish our home fans would be every game, uber rowdy proud and loud. Like college basketball or a euro futbol game. Loud chants all game that create energy and give motivation to the players, but also annoys the opposing team

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 11-17-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #66
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291116015

Listen to the "color guy" as Dirk his the game winner in this video. That is entirely unnecessary. What d-bag.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #67
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before and i'll say it again, F ESPN. No one here gives a rats ass about them and their NFL jock riding coverage.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 11-17-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #68
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"buck Milwaukee"

I JUST got that.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-17-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Not really.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #69
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I asked Jennings about Beaubois

good to hear what others think about Roddy...especially a young gun the league is basically anointing as a star like Jennings.

I would temper all Roddy based enthusiasm by suggesting that much of what we're seeing at the offense end is basically the product of Jason Kidd.

I said it in another thread, but drafting Rookies who can make an impact in spots now and major impact later is exactly what good teams do.

Roddy, the steal of the draft? Thanks Donnie.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #70
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Watched the game last night and am just now getting a chance to chime in.

A lot has been covered already so I want to comment on the one thing that impressed me most, and that is Roddy Beaubois. Carlisle almost cost us the game by leaving JJB in there so long. I mean, Jennings was simply abusing JJB every single time he touched the ball. No disrespect to JJB, because it' clear Jennings is crazy fast and very talented, but every time Robo came in Jennings cooled off big time.

When I saw Robo in the lineup to stary OT I said to myself "Thank God and not a moment to soon." What happened? After scoring 13 of his 25 points in the 4th with tons of momentum against JJB, Jenning only managed to score two points throughout the entire OT against Robo. I mean the kid played some very excellent denial and containment defense. Dirk was the MVP of this game, but imo Roddy was a close second. Without his contribution on defense I don't think we win this game.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #71
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
I hope this is the break out game for Gooden, now for the consistency..
Just had a couple of comments.... when we signed Gooden I went to boards of his previous teams and was left with the feeling that he would have "break out" type games and follow them up with games that frustrate you.... which sounded like Dampier to me. I too hope he can find his niche on this team and be consistent.

As for the game... man Dirk is awesome. And Beaubois is fun to watch. It's been a few years since I can remember having a guard with such speed on the team (JUST KIDDING!!!! NOT GONNA GO THERE, well except I did.... in jest).
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #72
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post

Listen to the "color guy" as Dirk his the game winner in this video. That is entirely unnecessary. What d-bag.
It's a joke, it really is. When Dirk wins a ring it will stop but the attitude commentators have with Dirk and his career so far is unfair and just a sad sad thing. I can't wait until it changes.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
good to hear what others think about Roddy...especially a young gun the league is basically anointing as a star like Jennings.

I would temper all Roddy based enthusiasm by suggesting that much of what we're seeing at the offense end is basically the product of Jason Kidd.

I said it in another thread, but drafting Rookies who can make an impact in spots now and major impact later is exactly what good teams do.

Roddy, the steal of the draft? Thanks Donnie.

In what way is it a product of Jason Kidd? I could go for that if you are talking about Kidd being a mentor to him and teaching him things, but in games Roddy is creating a lot of stuff just being a good player and being lightening quick, not really because Kidd is opening things up for him. I haven't seen anything in that made me think Roddy wouldn't be successful without Kidd on the floor with him.

I just pray that Roddy legitimately busts out because we are due for a hit like him. Josh was close and Harris too (while he was here), but since Dirk we haven't hit too big in the draft. The timing couldn't be too much better either, Kidd still has enough left in the tank (with the right lineup) to get us by until (if) Roddy arrives as a legit starter. Maybe the stars will align for us. Maybe Harris was meant to go and we suffer a lil because Roddy was coming. Maybe Gortat was meant to stay because Gooden can provide enough help along side an improved Dampier. Maybe god doesn't hate the Mavs, and is going to punish Stern and his crooked refs . Temper that. I think if a jinx is possible, I may have achieved it. Quick someone counter it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-17-2009 at 11:36 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #74
sike
The Preacha

Kidd makes it so Roddy doesn't have to be a pg in this league...just an athlete. Without Kidd running the point, Roddy probably does more harm than good. But face it, everything good that Roddy has done thus far (and I am not minimizing it), is on the basis that he is one dang fine athlete!

Old 11-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #75
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kidd makes it so Roddy doesn't have to be a pg in this league...just an athlete. Without Kidd running the point, Roddy probably does more harm than good. But face it, everything good that Roddy has done thus far (and I am not minimizing it), is on the basis that he is one dang fine athlete!
Sike!! How can you say that, it's obvious roddy is the next great thing, don't inject reality here!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

One step at a time in a rookie's career, but for now I'd like to see more assists out of Roddy - he definitely forced a couple shots last night that should have gone to a wide-open Dirk or JET...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-17-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #77
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gerald Green has a lot of athleticism, played with Kidd, and didn't do so great.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
One step at a time in a rookie's career, but for now I'd like to see more assists out of Roddy - he definitely forced a couple shots last night that should have gone to a wide-open Dirk or JET...
I've been very encouraged by the stingy Defense he has been playing...the effort and ability are there, and that is a GREAT sign of teachability.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #79
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Gerald Green has a lot of athleticism, played with Kidd, and didn't do so great.
good one?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #80
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post

are you f*cking kidding me....
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!