Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #81
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If Marion can't go Wednesday, I would welcome TT to the lineup--and I don't even like TT.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #82
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well you will soon like him when he is jacking off long range bombs on dudes faces and hitting the bottom... of the net. Maybe mix in a little taking it strong to the hole too.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-17-2009 at 02:14 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #83
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well you will soon like him when he is jacking off long range bombs on dudes faces and hitting the bottom... of the net. Maybe mix in a little taking it strong to the hole too.
no no no
Old 11-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #84
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't TT out with a bruised ovum?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #85
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I love that the Mavs won, but seriously, have you ever seen a team that seems to play so bad so often, and somehow wins the game? I mean, we continue to miss laypups, point blank jumpers(JET, who used to be money on these 12 footers), and allow the opponents to drive the lane with impunity.

And what was with all the standing around while the player with the ball dribbles the shot clock away in the 4th qtr and OT? Nobody was setting picks or cutting to the goal. I hate those isolation plays, with the possible exception of Dirk, who can actually make something good happen.
That's the difference between Kidd and Barea, Kidd will force you to move and pay attention, Barea's out there pouonding the rock. We need much more movement, in turn it creates easy buckets. This is the NBA today. Isolation. I remember when Kidd first got to the Nets, they got so many easy buckets, using the Princeton offense, back cuts, give and gos, lots of weakside action. I thought their biggest mistake was essentially moving KVH for Rogers as the shooter. KVH went to Philly for Deke and Rogers was signed to their MLE at the time. Rogers was horrid. Even though KVH was not consistent, but that homerun threat parked out there, created wide open driving, cutting and passing lanes. The Mavs have the tools to run something very similar. With Dirk and jet on the perimeter, JHo and Marion slashing, Kidd running the floor and Damp setting the back weakside picks. Unfortunately for whatever reason, it is not run. Any team running this type of offense is at a huge advantage because it is rare for any team to see it, ala the NFL's 3-4 defense.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #86
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
That's the difference between Kidd and Barea, Kidd will force you to move and pay attention, Barea's out there pouonding the rock. We need much more movement, in turn it creates easy buckets. This is the NBA today. Isolation.
Thats what i hate the most on NBA these days. There are so many teams that (on a last possession) not even try to create a nice shot opportunity.

Sammy superstar gets the ball, clock is running down and then he just run into the crowd under the basket for a layup (because defenders cant defend anymore) or to get the call for the slighest touch...make me puke.

Last edited by sefant77; 11-17-2009 at 03:52 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #87
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
are you f*cking kidding me....
I couldn't hear the color guy, what did he say?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #88
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I couldn't hear the color guy, what did he say?
"Dirk's done that before (clutch plays)....at least in the regular season."

a real douchey comment. Dirk....a career 25 and 11 guy in nearly 100 playoff games, and this f****ng douchebag is dissing him after he hit a buzzer beater. what a twit.

Last edited by alexamenos; 11-17-2009 at 05:31 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #89
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You took what we call a little bit of an "artistic liberty" with the "jacking off" part there........ otherwise, solid post.

Personally, I just wanna see the fugazi face.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #90
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well you will soon like him when he is jacking off long range bombs on dudes faces....
that may be one of the dirtier things I've read in this forum.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #91
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Thats what i hate the most on NBA these days. There are so many teams that (on a last possession) not even try to create a nice shot opportunity.

Sammy superstar gets the ball, clock is running down and then he just run into the crowd under the basket for a layup (because defenders cant defend anymore) or to get the call for the slighest touch...make me puke.
MJ Rules. Most NBA defenses know what's coming. I think eventually the league will become stale and some of those hand check rules will be lifted. It's all about popularity. Who do you compare with Reggie Miller today? Rip? Who's do you compare with MJ today, LBJ, Wade.......
Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #92
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post

a real douchey comment. Dirk....a career 25 and 11 guy in nearly 100 playoff games, and this f****ng douchebag is dissing him after he hit a buzzer beater. what a twit.
Wow, what an idiot. Not only that, but Dirk HAS hit several game tiers/winners in the playoffs (Off the top of my head, gamewinner vs. Phoenix the year we lost to them, game tying 3 to send it to OT vs. Memphis, game tying and one to send it to OT in game 7 vs. SA.) Not to mention countless other clutch plays in the playoffs.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #93
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I love this article. Specially the first paragraph

Quote:
Heartbreak at the Bradley Center: Mavs 115 – Bucks 113

The Bucks got Dirk’d, that much is clear. You simply cannot allow the Dallas Mavericks to have the last shot. Dirk Nowitzki is too big and too good of a shooter to stop when the game is on the line. If he misses, it’s a fluke. His fade-away is indefensible.

So on one hand it’s a huge disappointment that the Bucks let this one slip away. Score one for being upset.

But on the other hand, they had no business being in the game anyway. Milwaukee was down 18 with eight minutes and 11 seconds to go in the third quarter. Plenty of time was left, but there were few signs of life from a group that followed their worst defensive game of the year with an equally putrid start.

So in some ways it was a minor victory to even have been in the game at the end. But that’s not the way successful teams look at these types of games. Successful teams say, “we never should have been in the position to lose this game and then when it was close we should have closed it out.” And that’s what the Bucks want to be, a successful team.

So this is no moral victory and little can be taken out of this from a team standpoint aside from the lessons learned in defeat. Lessons that could prove valuable going forward. Lessons like how quick is too quick to foul when the other team inbounds with 3.8 seconds left? Or for Brandon Jennings, can someone get a better shot than me on the last possession (his answer: “Ersan’s (Ilyasova) man had doubled me, he was wide open, it’s something I’ll learn from”)?

Ah, the lessons learned in defeat.
Read further at http://www.bucksketball.com/2009/11/...115-bucks-113/
Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #94
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
I love this article. Specially the first paragraph

Read further at http://www.bucksketball.com/2009/11/...115-bucks-113/
Sorry to say, but CadBane was way faster

Thanks anyway, good read!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #95
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Sorry to say, but CadBane was way faster

Thanks anyway, good read!
Haha! Sorry! I didn't see that this article was posted earlier. Apologies!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #96
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
This is Lebrons go to move. Just running full steam into the crowd. Either that or taking a three pointer.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Isn't TT out with a bruised ovum?
I thought it was an inflammatory issue in his vagina.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #98
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
This is Lebrons go to move. Just running full steam into the crowd. Either that or taking a three pointer.
Haha, yea, he'll back up a few feet, to give him a running start to the cup.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #99
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if Chuck Cooperstein's radio play-by-play of Dirk's game winner is on the internet somewhere? That call was so invigorating!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #100
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know where I can see the ot replayed? I can't believe I accidently deleted the dang thing while watching it!!!

Dooh!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #101
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Anyone know if Chuck Cooperstein's radio play-by-play of Dirk's game winner is on the internet somewhere? That call was so invigorating!
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/sponsor..._podcasts.html

delivered.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #102
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:

Ok here's the thing about ESPN.....if Kobe, Lebron, Wade or Melo had made that shot Dirk made the guys over at ESPN would have spent atleast 5 to 7 minutes talking about it and how great thoes players are, I'm not suprised there saying this about Dirk because if Dirk got traded to the Cavs to play with Lebron ESPN would change there tune real quick, what has Lebron won that Dirk hasn't won in his career?......everybody over at ESPN is in love with Lebron and the Cavs and also remember nobody over at ESPN pick the Magic to beat the Cavs in the playoffs last season.

Last edited by Thomas86; 11-17-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #103
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's what passes for excellence at ESPN. An anchor (who is just supposed to be reporting the news) offering his brain-dead opinion about something he doesn't understand.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #104
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Somehow, I doubt it.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #105
LonghornDub

Did anybody else see this? Sorry if it's been discussed already. This is Brandon Jennings on Roddy:

Quote:
(On whether he’s seen anyone as quick as [Roddy] this year) No not really. I think he’s the future for that team.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #106
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Did anybody else see this? Sorry if it's been discussed already. This is Brandon Jennings on Roddy:
Yeah fool, we've all noted that like 7 times.

Jk

It is a telling quote, that's why I initially posted the article where he said it.

But I think Jennings in particular thinks rather highly of Roddy because he's gone up against him in SL and now here...with little success on all occasions. On RealGM, a number of Bucks fans were noting how well Roddy plays BJ...and wondering why RC had JJB on him the whole 4th.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #107
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...rry_arena.nba/

JT interview.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #108
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291116015

Listen to the "color guy" as Dirk his the game winner in this video. That is entirely unnecessary. What d-bag.
man oh man and honestly i can usually stand the "I'm ready to shoot Jack!" reference they always give to dirk highlights (pretty sure its scott van peldt who usually says that or sets it up) but i cannot believe this guy had to add "in the regular season at least". that was very very stupid you are right bout that

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #109
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Ok here's the thing about ESPN.....if Kobe, Lebron, Wade or Melo had made that shot Dirk made the guys over at ESPN would have spent atleast 5 to 7 minutes talking about it and how great thoes players are, I'm not suprised there saying this about Dirk because if Dirk got traded to the Cavs to play with Lebron ESPN would change there tune real quick, what has Lebron won that Dirk hasn't won in his career?......everybody over at ESPN is in love with Lebron and the Cavs and also remember nobody over at ESPN pick the Magic to beat the Cavs in the playoffs last season.
Dirk has actually gotten 2 games closer to a ring than LeBron (hell, Bron-Bron couldn't even win a SINGLE game in the Finals - pathetic...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #110
alexamenos
Diamond Member

just for a quick reference....

Career Regular Season PER, Kobe Bryant -- 23.7
Career Regular Season PER, Dirk Nowitzki -- 23.9

If Dirk is Mr. Regular Season Guy and Kobe is Superstar Post-Season Guy, wouldn't it make sense that Kobe's playoff numbers would go up from his regular season numbers and Dirk's playoff numbers would go down?

Career Playoff PER, Kobe Bryant -- 22.0 (-1.7)
Career Playoff PER, Dirk Nowitzki -- 24.4 (+0.5)

oops....
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #111
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
(Off the top of my head, gamewinner vs. Phoenix the year we lost to them, game tying 3 to send it to OT vs. Memphis, game tying and one to send it to OT in game 7 vs. SA.) Not to mention countless other clutch plays in the playoffs.
clutch play(s) that stands out to me was game 5 of the finals. Dirk had a tremendous assist to Damp with about a minute to play in regultion and he hit huge shots in the waning seconds of regulation and OT. Either of those immensely clutch shots could have been game winners, but for D-Whistle and his striped friends.

...not one, but two clutch shots in game 5 of a final series tied at 2-2, on the road no less....that's pretty friggin' clutch no matter the outcome.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #112
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've ever been this pumped about a rookie... I wasn't even this pumped about Devin.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #113
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I don't think I've ever been this pumped about a rookie... I wasn't even this pumped about Devin.

For me, it has something to do with the fact that we hadn't felt the pain of losing that kind of player (Harris). The old saying, you don't know what you got until it's gone perhaps. Now I realize how valuable it can be.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #114
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
For me, it has something to do with the fact that we hadn't felt the pain of losing that kind of player (Harris). The old saying, you don't know what you got until it's gone perhaps. Now I realize how valuable it can be.
Jason Kidd?
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #115
SMC0007
Guru

Cinderella

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!