Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hail to the Dirk - Mavs crush the Bobcats 98-97

Old 12-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

When in wrong just give it to Dirk
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

it was orgasmic.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Dirk-- Is there anything he can't do?

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

amazing game... I wouldnt call it crushing them...but a win is a win is a win

GOOO MAVS

*** DAMP IS BEASTING (gotta give the man some LOVE)
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

someone else who impressed me in this game? marion, and his rebounding. and of course you have to tip your hat to dampier and his efficiency
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Dirk-- Is there anything he can't do?
Play the organ?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

7 offensive rebounds each for Marion and Damp and Dirk's clutchness, unstoppable.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd's defense was unbelievable the entire game. Unbelievable.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was really close forcing a haircut in the next days
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about this lately. We're all aware of Dirk's impressive resume of last-second clutch shots, but as far as I know, all of them were to break a tie game. I don't recall him ever hitting a two to send it to overtime, or to turn a one-point deficit into a one-point lead.

He did both tonight.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #12
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Dirk's obviously player of the game, but I loved what Marion brought tonight. Just constant energy defensively and all the hustle plays (including the big offensive rebound and putback late and the TERRIFIC play to control the Chandler-Kidd jumpball). Kidd did a terrific defensive job on Jackson, though I could've done without the foul on Wallace late (was it a flop? I didn't really get a clear look). Damp with another monster game and Dirk was Dirk.

I love the Dallas motherf*cking Mavericks.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #13
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Dirk was unbelievable. He is so clutch. The man is a basketball God.

Damp and Marion were crashing the boards like crazy. JKidd was awesome on defense.

What a crazy game. I've smoked so much I feel I was either going to die of lung collapse or misery (if we lost the game).

Go Mavericks!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I was thinking about this lately. We're all aware of Dirk's impressive resume of last-second clutch shots, but as far as I know, all of them were to break a tie game. I don't recall him ever hitting a two to send it to overtime, or to turn a one-point deficit into a one-point lead.

He did both tonight.
Oh shnap, I just remembered the three in LA. My bad.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #15
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Kidd's defense was unbelievable the entire game. Unbelievable.
Btw, he had 6 steals for the 23rd!!!!! time in his career....

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #16
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

This was my favorite game of the season. Tough, physical hard nosed D by both teams. We really gutted it out there considering it was 2nd night of a B2B. These are the games that build character and poise our team for a deep playoff run.

I was damn impressed by Charlotte. They are a couple of pieces away from being a deadly team. It reminded me of the 04 pistons...I dont think any EC team wants to meet these guys in the playoffs.

Dirk - what can i say...WOW
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
Dirk's obviously player of the game, but I loved what Marion brought tonight. Just constant energy defensively and all the hustle plays (including the big offensive rebound and putback late and the TERRIFIC play to control the Chandler-Kidd jumpball). Kidd did a terrific defensive job on Jackson, though I could've done without the foul on Wallace late (was it a flop? I didn't really get a clear look). Damp with another monster game and Dirk was Dirk.

I love the Dallas motherf*cking Mavericks.
Marion was great. Now imagine Josh playing like Crash, attacking reckless the basket...that would be so sick.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #18
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post

He did both tonight.
Yup. And that's why Terry has got a couple buzzer beaters the past couple years, because its been a tie game with just a few seconds left to play. Tie game means even if you miss it, you go to overtime. The game isn't on the line for you, just for the opponent. However, when you need two to tie or you lose, you go to your best player, period. And Dirk came through again and again and again.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Marion was great. Now imagine Josh playing like Crash, attacking reckless the basket...that would be so sick.
He can't, because he's much, much more injury prone than Crash is. Inheirently, Josh is a jump shooter because it keeps him healthy. He should attack when he can, but the more he attacks the greater chance he has of getting injured and being out for more months at a time.

But let's not worry about what Josh can or can't be. Let's worry about our badass superstar Dirk Nowtikzi!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #20
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
He can't, because he's much, much more injury prone than Crash is. Inheirently, Josh is a jump shooter because it keeps him healthy. He should attack when he can, but the more he attacks the greater chance he has of getting injured and being out for more months at a time.

But let's not worry about what Josh can or can't be. Let's worry about our badass superstar Dirk Nowtikzi!
And what is Crash?!?! How many concussions, 6?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #21
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
I still wouldn't call him injury prone. He just plays really hard and has a knack for coming down hard.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
You don't think it's badass that he attacks the rim as hard as he can, every single chance he gets, even with that history?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #23
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
You don't think it's badass that he attacks the rim as hard as he can, every single chance he gets, even with that history?
I think Crash is the toughest player in the league. Miles ahead of yelling monkeys like Garnett, Perkins etc.

I would love to get him. Throw Josh, Barea and a pick to them.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-12-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #24
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Dirk played amazing obviously
Marion had his best game as a Mav
Damp played great
Kidd played outstanding

Jet kinda sucked. But he hit one big shot.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #25
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

is this the first time in his career he's hit a game winner with us down by 1 point to win the game?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

thought the refs were going to hand Charlotte the game on Crash's flops. the one with Marion guarding him was especially bad
Dirk is amazing!!!!!!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #27
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
is this the first time in his career he's hit a game winner with us down by 1 point to win the game?
Believe so. Against Phoenix it was tied, against Philly it was tied, against Indiana it was tied, against Utah it was tied, against Milwaukee it was tied, against Toronto it was tied, against the Clippers it was tied...am I missing any?
Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #28
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
thought the refs were going to hand Charlotte the game on Crash's flops. the one with Marion guarding him was especially bad
Dirk is amazing!!!!!!
The one with Marion...I don't think Crash would just fall over trying to draw a foul with the game on the line, risking him not getting it. I think that one was legit. Marion did have a hand on his shoulder, probably gave him a little push that threw Crash off just a bit.

However, the refereeing was bad on the offensive end for the Mavs. JET got hammered twice, as did Dirk, no call (once Dirk made it anyway). And on the other end the Bobcats got those same plays as fouls.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #29
OttoOC

OttoOC is on a distinguished road

I know most places have him #3 - #5 but I can't see Dirk not being the MVP of the league to this point in the season. I just can't.
OttoOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #30
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try my hand at recapping the game:

Barea: He started off extremely well. But he faded quite a bit from the end of the first quarter on. He missed several players. He had also failed to shoot the ball at the end of the first half for no apparent reason. If Carlisle is going to start him, he needs to then yse him as the sparkplug to get some early points then shut him down for the remainder of the night.

Dampier: Wow he had another great game. Are the Mavs coaches putting stickem on his hands? He is catching EVERYTHING right now. And not only catching, he is finishing! He is a big difference maker for the Mavs. If they can get 10+ points from him... and in the playoffs, the Mavs have a legitimate shot when healthy.

Gooden: Yuck. The guy is just braindead. Other than the tip at the end of the first quarter, I don't think he did a single thing right. He is the most turnover prone Maverick. And he is a huge reason why they aren't efficient as they used to be.

Kidd: He could shoot worth a damn, but he played humongous defense in the 4th quarter and overtime. He pretty much locked down Jackson late in the game. Kidd is so strong relative to his size. And he has some quick hands.

Terry: He had the shot to put them up by 1 point. But pretty much all night, he was Goodenesque bad. He couldn't defend a thing. He couldn't hit a thing. And he wasn't getting to the line either. And what was the deal with him jawing with Wallace? There was absolutely no need for that (IMO). It almost cost the Mavs the game.

Marion: Wow. What a huge effort doing everything except scoring. Tonight, I saw the old Shawn Marion from his Phx days. He was rebounding, getting garbage points, defending like a madman. He was hustling everywhere. The effort he showed to get the loose ball on several rebounds + the jump balls... wow. That is the glue guy the Mavs need. He needs to score some but with Howard healthy Marion should be able to focus on doing the little things.

Dirk: He struggled mightily for 2 quarters. In fact I thought he might have a NO type night... or a Memphis type night. Boy did he turn it around. He settled somewhat here and there, but he also got to the rim with some layups. And got to the line as well. And I love the fact that Carlisle has the stones to keep coming to him even when he is struggling. Avery would have pretty much made him stop shooting a long time ago.

And can Stephen Jackson be any more of a b*tch? The dude has a face and expression that just makes me wish someone would pop him in the mouth.

Just a great, gutsy win. In Hollinger's stats, it shows up as a loss. One that they shouldn't have won. But good teams need to do win these type of games. The playoffs are all about pulling out victories out of your @ss when nothing is really going for you.

And it is hard to give the gameball to someone because Damp/Kidd/Marion/Dirk were all huge in different ways.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #31
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This thread needs more Dirk-Squirrel nuts.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #32
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoOC View Post
I know most places have him #3 - #5 but I can't see Dirk not being the MVP of the league to this point in the season. I just can't.
I can see him not being the MVP, because the voters are idiotic. However, he sure deserves it so far.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #33
OttoOC

OttoOC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can see him not being the MVP, because the voters are idiotic. However, he sure deserves it so far.
The sad thing is all of the stuff he's done this season will probably be forgotten or never known and it'll be the same "lol dirk = choker" crap.
OttoOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #34
sefant77
Guru

Dirk wont get a MVP again before he is winning a ring. Warriors blabla.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #35
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default In time

Frankfurter Rundschau

Quote:
Dallas weiter siegreich
Dallas. Die Dallas Mavericks schwimmen in der nordamerikanischen Basketball-Profiliga NBA weiter auf einer Welle des Erfolges. Die "Mavs" gewannen nach Verlängerung gegen die Charlotte Bobcats mit 98:97. Damit baute die Mannschaft des deutschen Superstars Dirk Nowitzki ihre Führung in der Southwest Division weiter aus. Deutschlands Basketball-Star kam auf 36 Punkte. (dpa)

Last edited by GermanDunk; 12-13-2009 at 12:35 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #36
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The one with Marion...I don't think Crash would just fall over trying to draw a foul with the game on the line, risking him not getting it. I think that one was legit. Marion did have a hand on his shoulder, probably gave him a little push that threw Crash off just a bit.

However, the refereeing was bad on the offensive end for the Mavs. JET got hammered twice, as did Dirk, no call (once Dirk made it anyway). And on the other end the Bobcats got those same plays as fouls.
Crash was already falling on that one, his right foot slipped. but yes they were calling it much closer on Charlottes offensive end. they called some touch fouls, we didnt seem to get the benift of those. clutch shots by Dirk but also nice pass out of the double team to hit Terry for the short corner jumper.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #37
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I love that it appears that Dirk is shooting the ball more often this year, is 34 shots a career high? It certainly seems like it. It seems like the past few seasons there would be way too many halves where Dirk would take like 3-4 shots the whole half. I think they've been doing a much better job running the offense through him, keeping him involved the whole game. He's a flat out stud, gotta love it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #38
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13 View Post
I love that it appears that Dirk is shooting the ball more often this year, is 34 shots a career high? It certainly seems like it. It seems like the past few seasons there would be way too many halves where Dirk would take like 3-4 shots the whole half. I think they've been doing a much better job running the offense through him, keeping him involved the whole game. He's a flat out stud, gotta love it.
If Terry or Kidd would have shot well he wouldnt go on shooting like that. But Kidd was 1-6, Barea 0-5 after his start, Jet around 2-13 at one point...so yeah, keep feeding Dirk and just hope, because he is the only guy that can burn down a whole team in a single quarter if he gets hot.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #39
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the game... Dirk was amazing tonight... I counted several times in the 4th when he got the ball and turned into a ferocious beast and just took it to the hole. He takes it to another level.

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-13-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #40
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Obviously the outcome was great and everyone is happy, but that's mainly because we won in the end. If we had lost, most people here would be bitching about the atrocious shooting and the fact that we fell to a mediocre team at home.

We didn't see the nice passing of the Miami game and they allowed them to score easily in the paint a lot. So there is a lot to work on. Bottom line is, if Terry and Dirk both can't make shots, we are in trouble.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!