Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #41
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

i wish this would/could actually happen, i dont care how its just becoming so apparent that we NEED another consistent threat on the wing...it doesnt necessarily have to be a superstar just someone who is a consistent 15-20ppg guy every night...
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #42
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

That Bill Ingram article was pure speculation on his part. He has no credibility whatsoever anyway. So don't read into it. It's the same as me or you making the same article.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #43
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Hoopsworld = tabloid site.

Nice trade proposal by whoever wrote that piece though. Would make the Mavericks a sick team. As a Rockets fan, I'd be sad.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #44
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

So if the theory is that Philly just wants to dump salary & start over, and Cuban is willing to break the bank (wink), here's a mother-f'er of a trade:

Howard
Dampier
Gooden
Carroll

for

Brand
Dalembert
Iguodala

Philly saves about $3.5 million over the balance of this year; then, in the summer of LeBron, Philly's cap number drops by $36.2 million, giving them only $28.8 million in commitments--so, cap room in the neighborhood of $25 million. They could be a major player. It also reduces their long-term commitments by $108 million.

The Mavs do it for obvious reasons. Iggy is way better than Josh; Dalembert vs. Dampier is a judgment call, though Dalembert is much younger, which is a plus; and Brand, as the third player in the front-court with Dirk & Dalembert, is about a 4000% upgrade over Gooden. Money, schmoney. This brings rings.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #45
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
So if the theory is that Philly just wants to dump salary & start over, and Cuban is willing to break the bank (wink), here's a mother-f'er of a trade:

Howard
Dampier
Gooden
Carroll

for

Brand
Dalembert
Iguodala

Philly saves about $3.5 million over the balance of this year; then, in the summer of LeBron, Philly's cap number drops by $36.2 million, giving them only $28.8 million in commitments--so, cap room in the neighborhood of $25 million. They could be a major player. It also reduces their long-term commitments by $108 million.

The Mavs do it for obvious reasons. Iggy is way better than Josh; Dalembert vs. Dampier is a judgment call, though Dalembert is much younger, which is a plus; and Brand, as the third player in the front-court with Dirk & Dalembert, is about a 4000% upgrade over Gooden. Money, schmoney. This brings rings.

Not even Cuban is that rich.

I'd be ecstatic with the trade being speculated about.

Getting Iggy would be the happiest basketball day in my life for last few years lol.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #46
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

To be honest, Brand is just as much as a fiscal commitment as Marion's contract. The only thing is, is that Brand's style of play doesn't decrease as drastically over time as Marion's does, since Marion's really on speed and agility. I'm all for taking on bad contracts if they're talented, even Brand's. But it's not my money.

If that deal goes through though... Just give us the ring, or even rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #47
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To be honest, Brand is just as much as a fiscal commitment as Marion's contract. The only thing is, is that Brand's style of play doesn't decrease as drastically over time as Marion's does, since Marion's really on speed and agility. I'm all for taking on bad contracts if they're talented, even Brand's. But it's not my money.

If that deal goes through though... Just give us the ring, or even rings
Or it would be a colossal bust, both monetarily and on the court.

Maybe they couldn't work together. Maybe Brand, Iggy, and Dirk couldn't coexist. Maybe????

But on the other hand. If they did do it, the rings could add up.

Go BIG or go home..............

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #48
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Or it would be a colossal bust, both monetarily and on the court.

Maybe they couldn't work together. Maybe Brand, Iggy, and Dirk couldn't coexist. Maybe????

But on the other hand. If they did do it, the rings could add up.

Go BIG or go home..............
Yeah, but you could say that about any transaction. Maybe it won't work. Maybe it will. We have no clue. There's no more information saying they can't coexist as there is proof saying they can. In terms of upgrading, it is a plus, and if that's the only info I'm getting, I'll take it. I just wish there was word of what our FO is up to.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #49
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Bill Ingram, is saying its not just a rumor. But remember this is Bill Ingram.
"And no, this is not a rumor. Informed speculation. The Mavs are looking for a deal and they like Iggy. They just aren't too interested in Dalembert. They'd like to move Carroll, Gooden and a package for another star-level player"

Alright for my comment i'm pretending that Ingram might actually know what hes talking about. I know, just go with it.

Wow, Cubes. Unless your just trying to play hardball, there is no way you can get a star like Iggy w/o taking a bad contract back. And then you want to give THEM Carroll. lmao

Cubes needs to stop going for the Pau-like deal he always talks about and just get a good trade. Carroll+Gooden isn't going to get you anything.

BEAT LA
Old 01-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #50
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I think the idea is to pretend like you'll only accept exactly what you want, then a team is more likely the give you the trade that makes sense. If you go in saying "I'll take Dalembert off your hands with Iggy for our players" then they'll say "no, it has to be Brand" But if you go in saying "I'll take Iggy for Gooden and Carroll" they may say "you'll have to take Dalembert off our hands as well" It's a one up game that you have no choice but to play, or get taken to the cleaners. These GMs egos are too big to just give you the deal you originally bring to the table, it would make them feel powerless.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #51
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Brand, the financial terms of his deal and Marion's aren't even close. Including this year Brand's contract is worth about 66 million, as compared to 41 million for Marion, and that's in spite of Brand's being a year shorter. And there are just as many questions about his shelf-life as a difference-maker. His production has dropped off big-time relative to his best years with the Clippers, and unlike Marion he's undersized for his position. I can't imagine the Mavs would be at all excited about taking on his contract. None of that is to say that he wouldn't improve the team if the Mavs traded for him, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs consider the cost and the risk associated with doing so to be prohibitive.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 01-16-2010 at 11:38 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Gmaster??? I'm curious about your take on an iggy/dalembert trade? Do you think iggy is what is needed around here?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #53
Nowitzki4President

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Re: Brand, the financial terms of his deal and Marion's aren't even close. Including this year Brand's contract is worth about 66 million, as compared to 41 million for Marion, and that's in spite of Brand's being a year shorter. And there are just as many questions about his shelf-life as a difference-maker. His production has dropped off big-time relative to his best years with the Clippers, and unlike Marion he's undersized for his position. I can't imagine the Mavs would be at all excited about taking on his contract. None of that is to say that he wouldn't improve the team if the Mavs traded for him, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs consider the cost and the risk associated with doing so to be prohibitive.
I meant in terms of it being a long expensive contract for a declining former all star type player. My point was that if the Mavs FO was willing to do it with Marion, it's not completely out of the realms of possibilities that they're willing to do it again. Not saying that should be their first option, but whatever gets the pieces we need...

Quote:
Old 01-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #54
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Gmaster??? I'm curious about your take on an iggy/dalembert trade? Do you think iggy is what is needed around here?
Iggy's near the top of my list. My only concern with him is the shooting range, but it's not like Josh has been lighting it up this year so if he's the one packing his bags the loss would be minimal, and would be more than compensated for by AI's ability to attack the basket and create for others.

I waiver a little bit on the Dalembert side of it. I don't love him, but he's big, mobile, and is certainly a strong rebounder and shotblocker. You can certainly do worse.

A trade I'd do without blinking is Josh, Gooden, Carroll, Singleton for AI and Dalembert. I expect Philly would be more likely to accept a Josh/Damp for AI/Dalembert proposal (if they'd accept either), though, and that one leaves me a little less giddy, simply because I think the Mavs lose quality in the middle with that move. Overall they'd be better for it though. In either trade the Mavs are taking on a lot of cash, and in the latter they're sacrificing some truly valuable talent (Damp), but Iguodala would unquestionably be the prime asset changing hands, and I think he's one of the few guys who are available who could be the difference in a successful title run.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #55
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to lean heavily on this. I was reading DLord over at the db.com and he was stating that he wouldn't do it because it would change the team mid-season and it would waste this great #2 team that we have. I'm kinda shocked that he would put that much stock in being a number 2 which doesn't look much better than the ones they are ahead and certainly don't seem to match up with the lakers, celtics, etc.

Dirk looks destined to be on teams that aren't good enough and he'll take the brunt of it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #56
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'm starting to lean heavily on this. I was reading DLord over at the db.com and he was stating that he wouldn't do it because it would change the team mid-season and it would waste this great #2 team that we have. I'm kinda shocked that he would put that much stock in being a number 2 which doesn't look much better than the ones they are ahead and certainly don't seem to match up with the lakers, celtics, etc.

Dirk looks destined to be on teams that aren't good enough and he'll take the brunt of it.
Ya I was kinda dissapointed with him saying all that stuff. He should know that we can't touch la with this lineup. Dirk needs help. Plus I don't see how 2 players is half the team

BEAT LA
Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #57
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

the iggy and dalembert idea is obv a great deal for us... i dont think brand should be in the picture...lets not get ourselves stuck with his contract.

iggy or kevin martin are my hopefuls before the deadline personally..but we need a center too, id like al jeff but that wont happen.. center is gonna be a tough spot to fill

...unless we can make that pau gasol trade
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #58
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Trading Josh for Iguodala would certainly make us a better team and give us the shooting guard we need. There might not be a better one available, so the Mavs should definitely consider it.

The 76ers would most likely want us to take on one of their other big contracts. If so, Dalembert would make sense from our perspective. Josh/Gooden/Carroll for Iguodala/Dalembert would clearly be the best-case scenario and a no-brainer as we'd still have the DUST chip to use over the summer. However, I might even do a trade including Damp, e.g. Josh/Damp for Iguodala/Dalembert and a pick. The latter scenario isn't even close to being as good as the one without Damp, but I'm just a little hesitant to wait until the summer and hope for even better things to happen. Not to mention that we'd lose yet another year since we don't have a chance to win a championship this season as currently constructed.

With Damp and Josh's contracts, we need to get a shooting guard and a center, so a trade with Philadelphia would provide us with both. Sure, doing Josh for Iguodala straight up and trading Damp over the summer for someone like Kaman or Okafor might be even better, but what are the odds for that to happen?

Last edited by dalger; 01-17-2010 at 03:21 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #59
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

yup, philly aint tradin iggy alone. its gotta be packaged with dalembert. it would be nice to have dampier come off the books this summer, but itll be hard to land iggy without throwin in dampiers attractive contract.

at least howard is playin over 30 mins a game right now..this would be the time to trade him, a change has to happen or its another the mavs cant win in the nowitzki era
Old 01-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #60
dude1394
Guru

I do not see why they give up iggy to get rid of delembert either. They are both starters for that team. I'm beginning to think the whole thing is very,very bogus. Especially the Houston turn-down that started this conjecture.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #61
mavsfan4lyfe201

dalembert is very inconsistant and doesnt play hard. ive heard rumors that cuban offered howard gooden and carroll for iggy. but the sixers are really tryin to get rid of dalembert...and the mavs dont want him..

iggy or kevin martin would be nice...

unless we pull off some insane pau gasol type trade which is realy unlikely
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #62
dude1394
Guru

Dalembert is very inconsistent (sounds a lot like dampier) and doesn't play hard (also sounds like dampier until this year). And Dalembert is ranked higher in hollingers rankings.

So it appears that Marreese Speights, PHI is ranked really high by hollinger (6th center in the league). So now the trade makes some sense but still not a lot.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #63
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
...ive heard rumors that cuban offered howard gooden and carroll for iggy...
That trade doesn't come close to working salary-wise.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #64
mavsfan4lyfe201

i was told it was something along those lines. regardless philly obv wants more for a player like iggy, and ya cant blame them.

the mavs have to lose some more games on this road trip and i think cuban will do something.

we do play in philly the 22nd...
Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #65
dude1394
Guru

Looking at the t-mac for iggy versus the josh/damp for iggy/dalmebert...

I don't know why houston would not take a tmac for iggy deal to be honest but eh...

The deals look pretty similar except tmac is a much,much better talent than josh but he would not be kept I don't expect after the year whereas josh could for much less. Dampier also would be gone or kept for much less than dalembert..
Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #66
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Iggy is one of the top options for us at SG. He is an awesome fit, better and potentially available are just dusthcip pipedreams like Wade or JJ. I like him way better than Martin or Maggette because he brings stuff on both ends of the court.

And im totally in to gamble with Brand, specially if we can dump Carrolls 4 mio each year. What i read is that Brand looks like the old Brand, he just get screwed with Jordan and his role. Yes its a gamble but we need a gamble to beat the Lakers the next years. Brand is a 20/10/2 lowpost machine.

I take Iggy/Brand anyday over Bosh with dustchip.

Kidd/Iggy/Marion with Terry off the bench is an awesome rotation. You can let Iggy and Terry play together with Iggy handling the ball.

Dirk/Brand and a true center like Damp is an awesome rotation in the frontcourt. Start early substitutions and you can play over half of the game with a true center and 48min with Dirk or Brand at PF.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yj2j59n

Hell, im even fine doing this trade since Dalembert is an expiring next year and you just let him go. Make the Sixers throw a pick or talent inside too.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yldvhm5

We need to stay healthy (same with the Lakers), our payroll for the big 5-6 is huge, but we got rid of all that medium size contracts (3-6mio) and what we just need to add a handfull of minimum veterans next summer...

Last edited by sefant77; 01-18-2010 at 06:54 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #67
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Iggy is one of the top options for us at SG. He is an awesome fit, better and potentially available are just dusthcip pipedreams like Wade or JJ. I like him way better than Martin or Maggette because he brings stuff on both ends of the court.

And im totally in to gamble with Brand, specially if we can dump Carrolls 4 mio each year. What i read is that Brand looks like the old Brand, he just get screwed with Jordan and his role. Yes its a gamble but we need a gamble to beat the Lakers the next years. Brand is a 20/10/2 lowpost machine.

I take Iggy/Brand anyday over Bosh with dustchip.

Kidd/Iggy/Marion with Terry off the bench is an awesome rotation. You can let Iggy and Terry play together with Iggy handling the ball.

Dirk/Brand and a true center like Damp is an awesome rotation in the frontcourt. Start early substitutions and you can play over half of the game with a true center and 48min with Dirk or Brand at PF.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yj2j59n

Hell, im even fine doing this trade since Dalembert is an expiring next year and you just let him go. Make the Sixers throw a pick or talent inside too.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yldvhm5

We need to stay healthy (same with the Lakers), our payroll for the big 5-6 is huge, but we got rid of all that medium size contracts (3-6mio) and what we just need to add a handfull of minimum veterans next summer...
good point here about Iggy handling the ball. he's a nice distributor and cold team well w/ Terry in the backcourt. i'm warming to the idea of Brand. he seems to be rounding back in to shape. and we could roll out a Brand, Dirk, Marion, Iggy and Jet/Kidd lineup on occasion. who do you guard? i know Brand is a little short inside but he's a pretty tough dude and someone the defense needs to account for. i just don't see how Philly does these w/out Damp and young talent coming back. Calathes?...
Iggy's a real good player and was fabulous in the playoffs last year. i just see them asking for more than we've got. not getting my hopes way high. i think Roddy is untouchable unless we get a CP or Bosh type in return.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #68
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Sixers would ask or prefer young talents.

But right now Brand has due to his contract a negative trade value, now its the time to pull such a trade "Hey, we are taking the untradeable contract of Brand", thats more than enough. Here is Firstrounder too blabla".

We could do a huge steal here if we get some luck with Brand and his injuries. But the time is now. Let Brand play the rest of the season and he is in the summer maybe interesting for other teams that are then willing to take the risk. Or they fire Jordan and zhe new coach let him play 36min etc.

Its like Kaman a little bit, i guess last deadline you could have got him probably pretty cheap. Now its too late.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #69
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I agree Sefant. The time is now. And I think the potential rewards very much outweigh the risks involved here.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #70
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Not even Cuban is that rich.

I'd be ecstatic with the trade being speculated about.

Getting Iggy would be the happiest basketball day in my life for last few years lol.
No balls, no babies.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #71
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

believe me i want Iggy in here as much as anyone not named Dirk. and Brand might be a good buy low player with some upside. i just think any deal involving Iggy means a combination of young talent,picks and expirings. we may have to get a 3rd team involved to accomplish all that.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #72
Nowitzki4President

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
believe me i want Iggy in here as much as anyone not named Dirk. and Brand might be a good buy low player with some upside. i just think any deal involving Iggy means a combination of young talent,picks and expirings. we may have to get a 3rd team involved to accomplish all that.
Send them JJB and a 2nd rounder. And if they deny that, then try to get Maggette.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #73
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
No balls, no babies.
Ain't that the truth.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 01-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #74
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Of course Sixers would ask or prefer young talents.

But right now Brand has due to his contract a negative trade value, now its the time to pull such a trade "Hey, we are taking the untradeable contract of Brand", thats more than enough. Here is Firstrounder too blabla".

We could do a huge steal here if we get some luck with Brand and his injuries. But the time is now. Let Brand play the rest of the season and he is in the summer maybe interesting for other teams that are then willing to take the risk. Or they fire Jordan and zhe new coach let him play 36min etc.

Its like Kaman a little bit, i guess last deadline you could have got him probably pretty cheap. Now its too late.
I still like the idea of Brand. I realized the he was a little short for a center, but after looking up his stats--- he is 6'8.25" without shoes, 6'9.5" with shoes, but has a 7'5.5" wingspan, and a standing reach of 9'2".

Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #75
Nowitzki4President

Tim MacMahon had one of those chat things today. I asked him:

Quote:
With the deadline coming up, I've heard rumors of bringing in a SG with Howard's expiring contract. I've heard that Philly is looking to move Andre Iguodala. Even though they may have to take 2 bad contacts to get him, do you think the Mavs try to make a move for him? And what would you think of a move like that?
He responded by saying:

Quote:
I'd be surprised to see Mark Cuban take on two bad contracts to get Iggy, whose last name I avoid spelling whenever possible. Does swapping Howard and Dampier for Iggy and Dalembert (plus whatever other pieces are involved in the deal) make the Mavs that much better? Probably not. Does it ruin the Mavs' financial flexibility in this summer? Absolutely. Any deal the Mavs make before the trade deadline will be for short-term gain, but with the long-term view in mind.
I don't think that Iggy/Dally for Josh/Damp is a lateral move... but whatever...

Quote:
Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #76
themaverickfan708

themaverickfan708 is infamous around these parts

Couldn't the mavs just make this trade:
Philly Gets:
Gooden
Carroll
Howard

Mavs Get:
Igoudala
Dalembert

It should work because since we already have to take on igoudala and dalemberts contracts they should a least take Carrolls
themaverickfan708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #77
sefant77
Guru

Even with Iggy and Brand for Josh/Damp/Caroll the payroll wouldnt explode.

2011/2012 its 65 mio for the big guys, but you just need to add a few veterans and the team is fine. Maybe Dirk would even consider opting out and signing an extension starting around 18mio next year (like Duncan did) if he really likes this trade.

2012/2013: Jets last year has just 5 mio guaranteed.

And if Kidd probably retire or leave after 2013 you have Brand left as an expiring and Marion and Iggy both with 2 years. Thats absolut ok for a rebuild situation.

Player 2009/2010 2010/2011 2011/2012 2012/2013 2013/2014 2014/2015
Dirk Nowitzki $19,795,714 $21,513,524
Jason Terry $9,075,000 $9,873,000 $5,000,000
Jason Kidd $8,100,000 $8,500,000 $8,500,000
Shawn Marion $6,635,068 $7,305,500 $7,975,932 $8,646,364 $9,316,796
Andre Iguodala $12,200,000 $12,345,250 $13,531,750 $14,718,250 $15,904,750
Elton Brand $14,858,472 $15,959,100 $17,059,728 $18,160,355

Rodrigue Beaubois $1,075,440 $1,156,080 $1,236,720 $2,227,333 $3,271,952
Quinton Ross $1,033,342 $1,146,337
Jose Barea $1,657,500 $1,815,000

Last edited by sefant77; 01-19-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #78
themaverickfan708

themaverickfan708 is infamous around these parts

How about this trade scenario:

Mavs Get:
Igoudala
Dalambert

Philly Gets:
Howard
Gooden
Raja Bell (Golden State)

Golden State Gets:
Matt Carroll

Now I know it seems weird that Golden State is in this without them winning something and so I just put them in so that for some reason they would want another scorer and because I don't think they mind Carroll's contract because they are not really a free agency player this summer and because of the teams situation. I also think that Philly wouldn't do a trade if Carroll was headed their way because of his contract so I thought Raja Bell would be a better fit.

What yall think?

Last edited by themaverickfan708; 01-19-2010 at 10:13 PM.
themaverickfan708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #79
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Just saw a thread over a db.com quoting Stein (from a radio interview) as not being particularly excited about the prospect of Iguodala in Dallas (especially not if the trade included Damp/Dalembert, but apparently even if it were a Josh/Iggy straight up deal). Oddly, at the same time he apparently seemed to think that Butler would be a good target. Frankly, I don't agree with that (Butler > Iggy in Dallas) at all, but I figure anything Stein has to say on the subject of Iggy and the Mavs is worth a footnote in this thread.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 01-19-2010 at 11:20 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #80
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Just saw a thread over a db.com quoting Stein (from a radio interview) as not being particularly excited about the prospect of Iguodala in Dallas (especially not if the trade included Damp/Dalembert, but apparently even if it were a Josh/Iggy straight up deal). Oddly, at the same time he apparently seemed to think that Butler would be a good target. Frankly, I don't agree with that (Butler > Iggy in Dallas) at all, but I figure anything Stein has to say on the subject of Iggy and the Mavs is worth a footnote in this thread.

I normally agree with most of what Stein says, but I just can't see where hes coming from here. How he convinced himself that Iggy for Josh would be a lateral move is just beyond me. Iggy is better at basically every facet of the game while also being younger and healthier.

Also Caron Butler being the better fit is a wierd opinion, considering Caron is a SF and we need a SG.

BEAT LA