Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Um, don't know how I forgot to add the most important post in this thread...

(I blame my sticky keyboard!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-30-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #82
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He spent most of his minutes on the floor without Marion, Kidd or Dirk. He had four points and five rebounds in nine minutes. Talk about hard to please.
He also had a couple minutes in the 4th with Dirk, Butler, Terry and Roddy that obviously weren't working. I love Damp as much as anyone, but in this game, he was a common piece in a couple of lineups that didn't work. It was put Damp in, lead shrinks. Put Haywood in, lead grows.

The 4 points and 5 boards in 9 minutes is great, but we lost the lead. However much he was producing, he wasn't stopping them from producing even more in that limited time.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #83
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Something I found on a nugz board:
Quote:
Quote:
Today at 4:34am, AbdulJabber wrote:

Quote:
Today at 12:09am, CLN wrote:
The way I look at this...the Mavs played about as well as they have ever played, Melo/Chauncey played like shit, and it was still a game. The Mavs don't scare me at all.
yep and don't forget we're on the second of b2b, 5th in 7 nights, short handed and on the road.

Full strength, well rested and hopefully playing up to par, this team really should tear dallas apart.
Maybe before they made that monumental trade at midseason. They are dangerous right now. They have some sort of dangerous offensive weapon at every position, not to mention elite depth, elite size, elite shooting, and an unguardable first option. On top of that, they have the same defensive strategy against Melo that the Lakers do. They clog the paint and force him to take a bad shot or give the ball up (which doesn't do sh*t for our offense, which can't take advantage of the double team Melo draws).

Maybe it's me, but I feel like the Mavs are as dangerous to us as the Lakers.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany

Last edited by Zaknaf3in; 03-30-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #84
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny watching other teams fans fill themselves with false hope, I know that if the team that showed up last night shows up in the playoffs its gunna be one hell of post season for us. Last night was a great sight to see, the ball movement was there, the intensity was there, Barea was NOT there (J/P lol), Marion was locking down Melo, we were playing good defense. Just an all around great game.
I think we still have to find a way to stop J.R.Smith though, maybe we can give Stevenson some minutes against him because Jet has no way of stopping him. Dirk got a friggin triple double, I was so excited because for a couple of minutes there I was starting to think he wouldn't get it. Just a great win, hopefully we use this as momentum in our upcoming games. The guys just have to remember that when they play their hardest they're nearly unstoppable.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #85
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
He also had a couple minutes in the 4th with Dirk, Butler, Terry and Roddy that obviously weren't working. I love Damp as much as anyone, but in this game, he was a common piece in a couple of lineups that didn't work. It was put Damp in, lead shrinks. Put Haywood in, lead grows.

The 4 points and 5 boards in 9 minutes is great, but we lost the lead. However much he was producing, he wasn't stopping them from producing even more in that limited time.
Hard to fault dampier with that however. Roddy 0-2, Najera 0-1. Certainly his man Anderson didn't do anything.

Second stint he was only in for 2 minutes. In each case I would point to roddy running the point as much more of a problem than dampier was. In the second stint for example RC yanked roddy so hard that his french cufflinks came off.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #86
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaf3in View Post
Something I found on a nugz board:
The first two guys sound like they think it's still last season. Poor guys.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #87
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Also, I've said this before and I'll say it again; the Mavs are a better team without Barea. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, and I'm not just saying that because of the big win. I especially don't mean to hate on the guy, but he just doesn't have the size or athleticism to be productive for long stretches in the NBA. He's the kind of guy who can be useful for 5-10 minutes. Frankly, between Kidd, Terry, and Roddy, we've got that position covered and we just don't need JJB. In the few games he's been unable to play, where Carlisle didn't have the option of relying on him, I thought the Mavs looked better every time. He's just too much of a defensive liability.
This. Co-signed.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #88
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

GAME download

http://www.filefactory.com/f/fefce2747cc4cb85/
Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #89
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to GermanDunk again.

edit: filefactory s*cks a**

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 03-30-2010 at 01:00 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #90
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
i love you.

edit: would have repped if i didn't have to spread, by the way.

Last edited by tcat075; 03-30-2010 at 08:05 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #91
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

What can you say, beautiful, just beautiful. Defense, offense, hustle, the whole stuff came together for one night, against a quality, tough opponent. They decided to double Dirk this time and boy, did he punish them? Great passing night for the big fella. As you guys pointed out, Marion was huuuuuge. He's still a Top 3 defender in the NBA, especially if you prize versatility. Just a great, great game really. More of that please. Go Mavs!

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #92
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #93
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Hard to fault dampier with that however. Roddy 0-2, Najera 0-1. Certainly his man Anderson didn't do anything.

Second stint he was only in for 2 minutes. In each case I would point to roddy running the point as much more of a problem than dampier was. In the second stint for example RC yanked roddy so hard that his french cufflinks came off.
Damp-Booby (heh heh heh) was definitely a bad combination last night. Kudos to Carlisle for recognizing it, and kudos for Kidd and Haywood for re-establishing leads whenever they came back in.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #94
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Well Damp's good for 6 fouls. I like his size the plug the paint. A few hard fouls on the Kobe's, Melos of the world won't hurt us too much.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:05 AM   #95
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Looked to me like Melo has some quit in him. He was not with it at all, all game long. I love how Marion played on both ends. He didn't think twice about taking it to Billups on the blocks when they switched and it was fun to watch.

That was a fun game!
How about Melo revealing what a sorehead he is after the game, when he referred about getting poked in the eye by haywood and double teams(that in fact came to him a lot )as the reasons for his bad shooting night: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...tim&id=5039746
Quote:
Carmelo Anthony didn't give Shawn Marion much credit after the Dallas Mavericks seized control of the race for second place in the West with a convincing win.

Anthony didn't agree that Marion made a major impact in the Mavs' 109-93 victory over the Denver Nuggets at American Airlines Center. What about Anthony's awful shooting (3-of-16 from the floor) in his 10-point performance? According to Anthony, that was the product of constant double-teams, not Marion's terrific individual defensive performance.

"Not being funny," Anthony said, "but I don't think he did nothing but play his game."

The Mavs agree that Marion played his game, but the take on how much that mattered was certainly different in the Dallas locker room.
(...)
Anthony dominated while Denver dismissed Dallas in five games, averaging 30 points on 49 percent shooting. But he's been miserable in the two meetings against the Mavs in which Marion has played this season.

Melo's offensive numbers in those losses: 13 points per game on 8-of-35 shooting.

Games like this are what attracted Marion to the Mavs. He wanted to play for high stakes, and he thrives on the challenge of guarding stars, especially Anthony.

"Shoot, that was my All-Star spot," said Marion, a four-time All-Star whose most recent appearance on the NBA's midseason stage came in 2007. "Truth be told, it still should be mine.

"I'm taking nothing away from him. I think he's talented as hell.

"But that's not even what it boils down to. Right now, I'm at the point of my career when I want to win a championship."
(...)
Some might consider Marion's offensive production to be a bonus, considering that the Mavs rarely run plays designed for him. He considers it a key part of slowing down guys like Anthony.

"You've got to make him play defense, too," Marion said. "Most of the high scorers in this league don't play the other end. When you play the other end, it's that much harder to get off."
and just when this talk started to remind me of something, I saw MacMahon already had that exact thought covered, so I can just copy again:
Quote:
Unlike Dirk, Melo apparently does it right

DALLAS -- The TNT crew must be proud of Carmelo Anthony.

Charles Barkley and Co. tore into Dirk Nowitzki during last season's playoff series against the Nuggets because he dared to say some complimentary things when asked to compare the defenders Denver used against him.

Melo made a point not to give Shawn Marion any props for his shutdown defensive performance last night, when Anthony scored a season-low 10 points on 3-of-16 shooting. He wouldn't even acknowledge that these Mavs, who are 17-5 since the All-Star break, are a better team than the squad dismissed by Denver in five games last spring.

"To be honest with you, I didn't really see a difference," Anthony said. "I didn't really see a big, big difference."

Despite committing the crime of providing honest, complimentary commentary about an opponent, Dirk managed to average 34.4 points per game as the Mavs' lone bright spot in the series.

Melo might not to able to score against Matrix's Mavs -- 13 points on .229 shooting in two losses this season -- but I reckon he earns respect by giving Marion none.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-does-it-right
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 AM   #96
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

The TNT guys will probably trip over themselves making excuses for Denver and praising Melo's tough guy denials on Marion affecting his play.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:05 AM   #97
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
The TNT guys will probably trip over themselves making excuses for Denver and praising Melo's tough guy denials on Marion affecting his play.
Gangsta's gotta hang together. You can't let anything mess with your rep, it's all you've got.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 AM   #98
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

there are a few new download links (megaupload and rapidshare) for this game:

this one has a size of about 1GB:
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/281...709#post895709

about 3,5GB:
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/281...814#post895814
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk > any tag ever, dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, need to watch it again, uberman