Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #361
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

SAC playing Z-Bo, Vince Carter, George Hill, and Garrett Temple tonight vs NO with Cauley-Stein & Skal Labissiere sidelined. They got a chance to knock off NO tonight up 42-36 with 7:47 left to go in the 2nd quarter. I think we might learn that NO isn't that good without Boogie.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #362
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Nets could legitimately be the worst team in the league
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:24 PM   #363
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Nets could legitimately be the worst team in the league
Yeah they worry me. Russell hasn't been playing very well since his return from injury either. If they still had their 1st round pick this year, we'd be screwed.

On the brightside, even with Aaron Gordon out tonight for ORL, HOU is in trouble with CP3, Ariza & now Eric Gordon out for the game. ORL might actually pick up this W. Harden is going HAM & ORL only trails by 2, 59-61 with 10:03 left to go in the 3rd qtr.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #364
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
SAC playing Z-Bo, Vince Carter, George Hill, and Garrett Temple tonight vs NO with Cauley-Stein & Skal Labissiere sidelined. They got a chance to knock off NO tonight up 42-36 with 7:47 left to go in the 2nd quarter. I think we might learn that NO isn't that good without Boogie.
SAC up 81-70 with 5:53 left in the 3rd qtr!!
Old 01-30-2018, 09:41 PM   #365
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Cheering hard for Kings and Magic (and not just because F the Rockets)
Old 01-30-2018, 10:18 PM   #366
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

NO just dropped tonight's game vs SAC. Mavs now have the worst record in the Western conference!! :two thumbs up:
Old 01-30-2018, 10:22 PM   #367
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

ORL gave it a good effort, but the Beard was just too much tonight. Geez-bus. I've never seen an NBA player on Draft Kings put up over 100 pts before. That deserves a Wow!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:28 PM   #368
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:34 PM   #369
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #370
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

LMAO!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #371
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Lottery watch - Strength of remaining schedule
8) Grizzlies +3.0 (22th hardest schedule)
7) Bulls +2.5 (5th hardest schedule)
6) Nets +2.0 (15th hardest schedule)
5) Suns +1.0 (5th hardest schedule)
4) Kings +0.5 (10th hardest schedule)
3) Mavs === (27th hardest schedule)
2) Hawks -0.5 (18th hardest schedule)
1) Magic -1.0 (24th hardest schedule)

Tomorrow is must-lose. If we lose that...man, we may end up top 4

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-31-2018 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:14 AM   #372
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

I'm kinda worried about Memphis. It's pretty easy to see them going 1-6 over their next 7 before the All Star break. Only game you'd pick them to win is next Tues @ ATL, but even that's a road game.

On the brightside MEM has been pretty tough on the teams with the worst records this year. From that perspective, it's relatively easy to see them getting to 27-29 wins, which I would have the Mavs projected more like 25-27 wins. Could be very close, tough. Hopefully MEM doesn't go 1-6 into the break.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:10 AM   #373
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I'd like to draft Trae Young. Surround this team with 3 point shooters, and go for it.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:27 AM   #374
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
I'd like to draft Trae Young. Surround this team with 3 point shooters, and go for it.
To be honest, I don't think this team is deep enough to say anything like we have a (in the singular tense) Point Guard, we're all good at guard.

There's really only 3 players I think I would take ahead of Trae Young right now, and only 2 that I feel very confident about.

#1 Doncic
#2 Ayton
#3 Jackson Jr (definitely could see an argument for taking Young over him)

After that Trae Young is the best player in the draft, imo (and a lot of other people's too). Some people will say Bagley III or Bamba, but Trae Young looks like Chef Curry 2.0 to me. Tonight 44 pts 9 asst 4 reb 6 TOs on effective shooting #s and he sealed the win down the stretch with a couple clutch plays. He's no secret anymore, and he's still dominating opponents.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #375
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
To be honest, I don't think this team is deep enough to say anything like we have a (in the singular tense) Point Guard, we're all good at guard.

There's really only 3 players I think I would take ahead of Trae Young right now, and only 2 that I feel very confident about.

#1 Doncic
#2 Ayton
#3 Jackson Jr (definitely could see an argument for taking Young over him)

After that Trae Young is the best player in the draft, imo (and a lot of other people's too). Some people will say Bagley III or Bamba, but Trae Young looks like Chef Curry 2.0 to me. Tonight 44 pts 9 asst 4 reb 6 TOs on effective shooting #s and he sealed the win down the stretch with a couple clutch plays. He's no secret anymore, and he's still dominating opponents.
As good as Trae Young is, there's no way I take him over Bagley or Bamba, especially if we are talking BPA/need mixed pick for Mavs.

I absolutely think Young can play with DSJ, but that would only be after those top 5 are drafted and off the board, Jackson Jr. being the debatable 5th guy to take.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:05 PM   #376
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Trae Young / DSJ backcourt would be an undersized defensive disaster ever moreso than the Blazers backcourt. No thank you. If he’s what’s left trade the pick for a haul.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #377
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Trae Young / DSJ backcourt would be an undersized defensive disaster ever moreso than the Blazers backcourt. No thank you. If he’s what’s left trade the pick for a haul.
If we grab Trae, I hope we're willing to trade Smith. I'd be okay with Trae just hitting threes, but yeah, thats not a great backcourt defensively. 6'1" and 6'2" isn't going to get it done

But jebus, 44pts, 9ast, 4reb on 55% shooting (55% from three on 6-11) against Baylor. The dude is not human.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-31-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #378
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

BPA all the way. Let it sort itself out after the fact
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #379
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Bamba all the way if we don't get the first or second pick. The guy has an excellent foul rate for such an elite shot blocker. That is extremely rare and unusual and shows high IQ.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:40 PM   #380
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Bamba all the way if we don't get the first or second pick. The guy has an excellent foul rate for such an elite shot blocker. That is extremely rare and unusual and shows high IQ.
Is Bamba a star or just a solid starter?

His defense is solid and he can be a strong rebounder. I just worry that this may be our last lottery pick for a while and if we end up in the top 4-5, Bamba may just be a solid starter and not the kind of star that can really change the direction of the franchise.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #381
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

His defense is solid and he can be a strong rebounder. I just worry that this may be our last lottery pick for a while and if we end up in the top 4-5, Bamba may just be a solid starter and not the kind of star that can really change the direction of the franchise.
His last two games were certainly of star-caliber at 25/15/4, 24/21/3, but it's always tough to judge with college competition. The fact that he can shoot fts and hit three is a big, big plus. I try to look for intangibles as best as possible, and he seems to have them. His rawness is slowly becoming goodness.

Edit: The discussion of what is a star becomes more and more grey season by season. There really are only 4-5 or so Uber stars in the league, and the rest is up for debate IMO. There is a big gap between being a star and being elite. So yes, I definitely think Bamba has star potential.

I just want a highly active and impactful player that will help win close games. That kid is very impactful and energetic and looks to have a nice little fire in his belly.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 01-31-2018 at 03:11 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:56 PM   #382
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not sure if Bamba will get many/any All-Star nods in his career, but he should be a perennial contender for the NBA All-Defensive Team right out of the gate.

He isn't so much a star as he is a cornerstone player -- Dennis/Barnes/Bamba would still be one FA superstar away from being a serious contender, but it's a good core... You've got DSJ orchestrating the offense and dunking on fools, Harrison playing the Robin role, and Mo locking down the paint, getting put-backs/lobs, and cleaning the glass. That could work.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #383
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I DO want to see some of these connections between Smith and Bamba. Without three-point shooters, we're still not making the playoffs, but boy would it be fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wLqTMWpOI
Old 01-31-2018, 03:43 PM   #384
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Bamba is a future perennial all-star, IMO. I've stated elsewhere, but he is already elite defensively and will only get better as he develops. The measurables are ridiculous and he will continue to add some weight to better suit the NBA size. Offensively, he's got some work to do, but already showing flashes of a soft jump shot in addition to an already decent post game. The athleticism is also on par with how the NBA is shaping up. Absolute must to be able to run the floor as well as you can play the half court. DSJ to Bamba lobs would be a terror to the league for years.

Last edited by saclare; 01-31-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #385
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
BPA all the way. Let it sort itself out after the fact
I definitely agree. A lot of the talk here is like this is going to be our last season to miss the playoffs. I just don't see it.

First, Barea is going to be 34 at the start of the next year. How much longer before he's lost a step (or 2)?

Second, while all of the impact players in the NBA are declining their mega $20 million plus player options because they can get a better contract due to market demand, it's expected that Wes Matthews is going to opt into his $18.6 mil player option for next year. What does that tell you about his abilities? Furthermore, can we bank on him being here in 2019-2020?

Next, Dirk is giving us quality minutes. He may retire after this season, although I think most expect him to play one more year.

I mean, playoffs? Look at Utah this year. They have Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, Rodney Hood, Ricky Rubio, Derrick Favors, and I like their complimentary players over ours too. Utah is 3.5 games out of the 8th seed right now, and no one is really expecting them to make the playoffs this season. There also only 3.5 games from matching Memphis in the Western Conference seedings.

So, I don't buy the we're one player away notion, or this is our last year in the lottery. The reality is we have at least 1 more year if not 2 more years in the lottery.

I know the Mavs will be active in Free Agency, but name me the last big free agent the Mavs signed? Harrison Barnes? He's nice & all, but A) We way overpaid for him, and B) He's putting up a lot of empty stats for a bad team. It's not like he's Durant, and you can put him on the Spurs & he's still a 20 ppg scorer. If you put Barnes on Utah, his production takes a significant hit.

I'm not buying into the Mavs sign a big time free agent with all of our cap space theories either.

So, if that's the case, then why not take the Best Player Available? This team has multiple holes. If DSJ & Trae Young are too small to defend together, then you address that problem down the road. In the meantime, you focus on how much pressure you can apply to opponents on the offensive end with that tandem.

Another thing I think people are forgetting about Trae Young. Look at photos from Steph Curry's rookie year, and then look at recent photos of Steph. He looks like a bean pole his rookie year. Now, he looks like he could play running back for the Cowboys. Obviously, Trae Young will develop his body in a similar fashion too, so he's not pushed around in this league.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:19 PM   #386
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Trae Young isn't some can't-miss generational talent. He's a crafty point with deep range and a below average defender/ rebounder. Throttling both his and DSJ's development by putting them together would be a severe mistake. If he's what's left of the 'tier 1' guys when we pick, then trade down to pick up one of the Bridges and get a future 1st out of it.

Last edited by tap2390; 01-31-2018 at 04:20 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:21 PM   #387
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah if your scouting says Trae Young is a tier above the other guys left, take him. If he grades out essentially the same as Jackson or Bamba then take the need or play the draft board and trade down if the opportunity arises. Bottom line, we need top tier talent here. Any position. Cupboard is nearly bare
Old 01-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #388
mac222b
Diamond Member

Bamba is my guy.

Would be super excited for Ayton.
RC with Donic would be amazingly fun.
Jackson Jr. cant miss and will be a 12-15 year stud ala Horford

Bagley I just cant get a feel for. He might be the best of them but there's something about his game I dislike. I thought Robinsons Tim Duncan comparison was weird. Duncan was a technician clinician . Bagley is a playground junkyard dog who never does the same thing twice.

Porter would probably be a pass due to injury concerns. Healthy Mikal Bridges a better bet?

Young is not an ideal fit

THE REST...
Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #389
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Huh. I'll have to check him out. I just keep seeing reports that he's raw and gets compared to Dalembert. I've only been able to watch 15-20 NCAA games this year and none of them have been Texas
Old 01-31-2018, 05:38 PM   #390
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Huh. I'll have to check him out. I just keep seeing reports that he's raw and gets compared to Dalembert. I've only been able to watch 15-20 NCAA games this year and none of them have been Texas
He's nothing like Dalembert. Dalembert was slow-footed, with questionable lateral movement. Bamba is an athlete who can practically jump out of the gym. He's much more coordinated than Dalembert ever was.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Longhorns' fan. Have a lot of family that went there. However, I feel like a lot of posters here overrate Bamba because he plays for UT. If he played for Rutgers, I doubt there'd be as much support for him.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:59 PM   #391
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
He's nothing like Dalembert. Dalembert was slow-footed, with questionable lateral movement. Bamba is an athlete who can practically jump out of the gym. He's much more coordinated than Dalembert ever was.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Longhorns' fan. Have a lot of family that went there. However, I feel like a lot of posters here overrate Bamba because he plays for UT. If he played for Rutgers, I doubt there'd be as much support for him.
Going to UT would be more of a negative for Bamba for me, but I choose to look at prospects solely on what they can do for the Mavs. Fro that reason, Bamba > Young and it's not close for me, despite their relative tier ranking in this draft overall.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:01 PM   #392
saclare
Platinum Member

Also, not sure many people, if anyone, is saying we are one player away from playoffs, especially if that one player is a rookie.

Pretty sure everyone knows this is a rebuild. However, given the current landscape and probable pieces returning, plus FA signings (read, plural - not banking on big fish), and this team is right there competing for seeding, albeit more for the 8th seed.

The Utah team you reference is in the same exact place as the Mavs.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:06 PM   #393
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
I'm kinda worried about Memphis. It's pretty easy to see them going 1-6 over their next 7 before the All Star break. Only game you'd pick them to win is next Tues @ ATL, but even that's a road game.

On the brightside MEM has been pretty tough on the teams with the worst records this year. From that perspective, it's relatively easy to see them getting to 27-29 wins, which I would have the Mavs projected more like 25-27 wins. Could be very close, tough. Hopefully MEM doesn't go 1-6 into the break.
Damn. Memphis is sitting Tyreke Evans until they're able to deal him. 1-6 looking more likely now
Old 01-31-2018, 08:03 PM   #394
mac222b
Diamond Member

I think Bamba is the most freakish confluence of measurables/athleticism/skills to emerge since Greek Freak. Even more so than Ayton. What’s most impressive is that he can already put the ball on the floor some, move laterally and shoot decently. No reason he can’t add post game which with a nice mid range game which combined with a decent handle and first step could make him so tough to guard. Ayton is obviously way more polished offensively and has great vertical explosion and has nice offensive footwork but is nowhere near the defender or even rebounder Bamba is.

Would be tough to pass on Ayton because he does have some Dream(Olajuwon) in him.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:03 PM   #395
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Damn. Memphis is sitting Tyreke Evans until they're able to deal him. 1-6 looking more likely now
Don’t blame them, guys are dropping like flies
Old 01-31-2018, 08:47 PM   #396
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think Bamba is the most freakish confluence of measurables/athleticism/skills to emerge since Greek Freak. Even more so than Ayton. What’s most impressive is that he can already put the ball on the floor some, move laterally and shoot decently. No reason he can’t add post game which with a nice mid range game which combined with a decent handle and first step could make him so tough to guard. Ayton is obviously way more polished offensively and has great vertical explosion and has nice offensive footwork but is nowhere near the defender or even rebounder Bamba is.

Would be tough to pass on Ayton because he does have some Dream(Olajuwon) in him.
Have you seen Bamba shoot a basketball?

His form needs a lot of work. He's 6-9 or 7-0 (depending on who you believe), and yet his release point is lower than guys who are 6-6. He shoots lasers at the rim, not high-arcing rainbows, like all good shooters shoot. Granted he does seem to have some touch, and maybe even feel for his jumper, so I'm encouraged. But to say he has a good jump shot or even shoot decently is misleading, imo. The only reason he gets away with such a low release point and shooting line drives at the basket, is because he primarily faces players who are several inches shorter than he is. When he gets to the league that's going to be a problem for him.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:51 PM   #397
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Wow! ORL is up by 20, 101-81, vs LAL going into the 4th qtr. Back-to-back for ORL too & still no Aaron Gordon. This would be a nice surprise W for ORL to be saddled with.

Things get so sexy if the Mavericks can lose tonight!!
Old 01-31-2018, 09:16 PM   #398
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Wow! MEM did a great job of giving that game away late in the 4th qtr to IND. They were up 101-100 with 36 seconds left. They foul Myles Turner. He hits both free throws & then Gasol misses an 11 foot jumper, Selden gets the rebound but his layup attempt is blocked at the buzzer. Sigh. Really thought MEM was gonna pull that one out.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:34 PM   #399
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Magic looking hot
Old 01-31-2018, 10:34 PM   #400
Underdog

Quote:
Have you seen Bamba shoot a basketball?

His form needs a lot of work. He's 6-9 or 7-0 (depending on who you believe), and yet his release point is lower than guys who are 6-6. He shoots lasers at the rim, not high-arcing rainbows, like all good shooters shoot. Granted he does seem to have some touch, and maybe even feel for his jumper, so I'm encouraged. But to say he has a good jump shot or even shoot decently is misleading, imo. The only reason he gets away with such a low release point and shooting line drives at the basket, is because he primarily faces players who are several inches shorter than he is. When he gets to the league that's going to be a problem for him.
Bamba is definitely a true 7-footer, you can tell just by looking at him next to other guys... And thank for that, because like you said, it's the only way he can get buckets with such a flat shot. But I also agree that despite the lack of arc, he does seem to have a soft touch.... And from what I've heard he's very coachable, so his shot could probably be fixed over time.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2018 at 10:37 PM.