Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-12-2022, 05:51 PM   #1
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all
Default DSJ return to Dallas?

https://sportdfw.com/2022/07/11/denn...ricks-reunion/

I really like this idea (pending review of what the other alternatives are). Seems could be a more atletic JB lite. Brunson madevthe most of what he has, but DSJ is a lot more atletic, and Mavs need that. His few games as starter for Pirtand I think indicative of what he could do here...and at a minimum contract? I'd take that.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2022, 09:38 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Super JB lite, because he doesn?t have the mid range game or decision making of JB, but think he?d be a fine addition. Would be super intrigued to see what Kidd could do with him.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:49 AM   #3
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I like his on ball defense vs the west top PG's

I think he could be effective on that end of the floor and give DFS and Bullock a breather from chasing around guys like Lilliard, Curry and Morant.

His shooting is still bad but like he said if you can get him out in transition or playing down hill attacking the basket he could be effective for 12-14 MPG as a backup.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:57 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

With one roster spot left, I?d just hope we could do better.

He?s not a bad option but completely underwhelming
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:57 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

DSJ is underwhelming, even if he loved the idea of
backing up Luka.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #6
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Options otherwise?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #7
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Options otherwise?
Yep, that is the key. I don't mind this option (which seems to be the consensus) but what are the other options we'd be foregoing.

As for his shooting, yes, needs work (same with Green), but a learnable, practicable skill. But that's not what intrigues me...it is his ability to penetrate, and his defense.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote