Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #801
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
- Harden if he stays
Also, I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Harden to the Nets does end up happening. There's just been too much mainstream reporting about it at this point for the talks not to be serious.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #802
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Unless they pull of some major move that none of us can foresee, I think you actually can count the Spurs out this time.
Made the playoffs
Lakers - got better after winning a championship
Clippers - might explode? If they don't, they are a lock for the POs
Nuggets - lock to return to the playoffs
Rockets - May implode and be one of the only team that doesn't repeat
Thunder - may be close, but without CP, may fall out of the playoffs
Jazz - may implode and may need to trade Gobert. Probably still good enough to make POs
Mavs - no better or worse. No KP for at least 1/4 to 1/3 of the season may be trouble
Blazers - just mediocre. Borderline PO team

should have made the playoffs
Grizz - really should have made the playoffs and with another year of experience, could be dangerous
Suns - really should have made the playoffs and now they're much better. Lock for playoffs.

actually bad
Spurs - probably even worse
Kings - probably even worse
Pelicans - probably as bad
Wolves - probably as bad, but will look to get better
Warriors - Warriors will be healthy with a first-rounder to boot and look to get to the playoffs again
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:10 PM   #803
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

My top 8?
1 - Nuggets - tear it up in the regular season with young guys
2 - Suns - surprise a lot of people. Ayton averages 24-10 on lobs
3 - Lakers - favorites to win, but LeBron coasts 1/3 of the season
4 - Clippers - chemistry issues hamstring them but they're that talented
5- Warriors - return to the fray a little rusty
6 - Rockets - still squeak by even without chemistry. First round exit.
7 - Memphis - young guys emerge
8 - Mavs - barely make it. Luka explodes but doesn't have much talent with KP gone 1/3 of the season

xx - UTA, OKC, POR, SAS,
Old 11-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #804
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
My top 8?
1 - Nuggets - tear it up in the regular season with young guys
2 - Suns - surprise a lot of people. Ayton averages 24-10 on lobs
3 - Lakers - favorites to win, but LeBron coasts 1/3 of the season
4 - Clippers - chemistry issues hamstring them but they're that talented
5- Warriors - return to the fray a little rusty
6 - Rockets - still squeak by even without chemistry. First round exit.
7 - Memphis - young guys emerge
8 - Mavs - barely make it. Luka explodes but doesn't have much talent with KP gone 1/3 of the season

xx - UTA, OKC, POR, SAS,
I agree with that ranking mostly, but I'm actually more optimistic about the Mavs. Again, I think Harden will be gone, so I'm counting Houston out, so that moves us up one spot. But really I just think Luka will be so damn good and RC will get the absolute best out of this group that they will overachieve and end up with 6 spot or close to it.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:28 PM   #805
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, no idea why Suns would do that but OK.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #806
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wow, no idea why Suns would do that but OK.
Do what, trade for CP3? I honestly think it's more of a culture thing than anything else. The franchise has been dysfunctional for a long time and it's no secret that Booker has been unhappy for years. Paul has at least one really good year left in him. Maybe two or three. You get the immediate improvement, plus you hopefully make Booker happy long term and convince him to stay.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:37 PM   #807
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Unless they pull of some major move that none of us can foresee, I think you actually can count the Spurs out this time.
Count them out as far as winning the championship yeah...but a Popovich led team is going to at least fight for a 8th seed.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:38 PM   #808
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Do what, trade for CP3? I honestly think it's more of a culture thing than anything else. The franchise has been dysfunctional for a long time and it's no secret that Booker has been unhappy for years. Paul has at least one really good year left in him. Maybe two or three. You get the immediate improvement, plus you hopefully make Booker happy long term and convince him to stay.
Yeah its to bring in a winning culture. Personnel wise I don't think its much of a upgrade but the locker room and the culture around there will be much improved. ?They gotta do something to keep the interest of Booker.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #809
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Count them out as far as winning the championship yeah...but a Popovich led team is going to at least fight for a 8th seed.
Will they though? If Popovich is still Popovich, maybe. But honestly I thought he was outright bad last year. The game might have finally passed him by.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #810
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree with that ranking mostly, but I'm actually more optimistic about the Mavs. Again, I think Harden will be gone, so I'm counting Houston out, so that moves us up one spot. But really I just think Luka will be so damn good and RC will get the absolute best out of this group that they will overachieve and end up with 6 spot or close to it.
Its going to depend on what they get back for Harden. If they get Levert and Dinwiddie in a package.....Rockets will continue to be in the mix. I'd only rule them out if they are doing what the Thunder are and complete rebuilding. I don't really feel anything to be optimistic about the Mavs as of yet. They can't bring the same team back with minor changes. This should be the time to get a 3rd guy in here.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #811
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
] They can't bring the same team back with minor changes. This should be the time to get a 3rd guy in here.
I think we've talked about this in the other thread, but I think you're in for a huge disappointment. The "3rd" guy just isn't there. Or if he is, I can't see it. I think same team with minor changes is far more likely.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #812
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think we've talked about this in the other thread, but I think you're in for a huge disappointment. The "3rd" guy just isn't there. Or if he is, I can't see it. I think same team with minor changes is far more likely.
Oh I agree. I think that's exactly what's going to happen. I say 3rd guy but I'm just asking for a improvement on Hardaway. I'm realistic about who that guy is. I'm not expecting a perennial All Star.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #813
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Harden trying to force his way to Brooklyn
Old 11-16-2020, 06:09 PM   #814
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Harden trying to force his way to Brooklyn
Karma is a fine thing.

https://twitter.com/squish41/status/1328426661189128192

Old 11-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #815
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Man, this offseason is already looking rough for the Bucks. More and more I'm thinking Giannis will leave. Everyone assumed CP3 was their main target, but apparently they also really wanted Schroder but got outbid by the Lakers- which seems incredible to me. Were they really not willing to trade the 24th pick?
Old 11-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #816
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Apparently Harden really wants out of Houston now. It looks like a near certainty that he will be gone before the season starts, and that he'll end up in either Brooklyn or Philadelphia.

Man, I don't know that I've ever seen a perennial contender crash and burn as quickly and as spectacularly as the Rockets have.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:56 PM   #817
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nets doesnt have anything really solid outside Irving and Durant, so any trade package is going to be garbage and i actually hope the Rockets tell Harden that he can forget the Nets.

Sixers on the other hand could throw Ben Simmons in the trade
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:03 PM   #818
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Nets doesnt have anything really solid outside Irving and Durant, so any trade package is going to be garbage and i actually hope the Rockets tell Harden that he can forget the Nets.

Sixers on the other hand could throw Ben Simmons in the trade
Levert and Jarrett Allen and Dinwiddie(flip him) are a nice start. Add a couple future lightly protected firsts. Agree, they’d prefer Simmons. Simmons would not be pleased.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-16-2020 at 09:04 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #819
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1328514731515273216

You know, it's rather hilarious that a Rockets troll came around recently to talk up Harden only do have the guy turn down 50 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #820
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Me opening clutchfans from time to time

Old 11-16-2020, 10:03 PM   #821
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Me opening clutchfans from time to time

OMG I bet it's chaos there.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #822
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
OMG I bet it's chaos there.
From time to time their server crashes
Old 11-16-2020, 10:46 PM   #823
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Poor Knicks too.

They though they were getting Kyrie and Durant. Then they got nothing. Now Harden is begging to come to the area— just not to them.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:05 PM   #824
sefant77
Guru

They also thought they are entitled to get Zion with their 15% shot
Old 11-16-2020, 11:33 PM   #825
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Jrue and Giannis could be good
Old 11-16-2020, 11:33 PM   #826
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Damn Blazers got Covington...that is a really good fit for them. Cost them two firsts though. Wow their 16 pick I'm guessing...no way I do that for the Mavs. Per woj

And holiday to Mil per Shams.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-16-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #827
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Damn Blazers got Covington...that is a really good fit for them.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #828
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Rockets are officially done
Old 11-16-2020, 11:36 PM   #829
sefant77
Guru

Yepp they are blowing it up. Lets get Tucker
Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 PM   #830
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Three first round picks for Holiday. Whoa.

AND two pick swaps. That will screw them if Giannis doesn't extend.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-16-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:43 PM   #831
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Wow

I think Bucks are all in on Giannis. They could be really good and defensively they’ll be a nightmare.

But they already owed 2022. Now they lost 2024, 2026, and 2028
Old 11-16-2020, 11:48 PM   #832
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Three picks AND two swaps

If Giannis stays, the swaps are meaningless.

If Giannis takes off, those swaps could double sting.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:49 PM   #833
sefant77
Guru

Jrue is an UCLA guy, Buddy with Davis, UFA next year and the Lakers have almost max Cap...lol
Old 11-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #834
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Jrue is an UCLA guy, Buddy with Davis, UFA next year and the Lakers have almost max Cap...lol
Holy crap, you’re right. Dude can opt out this summer. That would be something else if he opted out after all that and left.

Well I’m glad the line that NOP wasn’t talking to us was BS. We were never in the running with prices that high— and thank god too.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-16-2020 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:55 PM   #835
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Curious who Houston picks at 16 now.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:01 AM   #836
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Curious who Houston picks at 16 now.
Pok if he’s there.

That definitely takes them out of the running with the support guys. They need a whole new team
Old 11-17-2020, 12:03 AM   #837
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

AND two pick swaps. That will screw them if Giannis doesn't extend.
Covington got 2 1st rounders too

Man the Knicks screwed themselves on Porzingis. They didn't even ask for pick swaps
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:06 AM   #838
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Damn Blazers got Covington...that is a really good fit for them. Cost them two firsts though. Wow their 16 pick I'm guessing...no way I do that for the Mavs. Per woj

And holiday to Mil per Shams.
I get why Blazers did it though. They have some youth with Anfernee Simons and Gary Trent JR...chances are they were going to draft another guy like that never mind they have Lillard and McCollum. A real solid move for them.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:08 AM   #839
sefant77
Guru

Stein with the rumour that Giannis intends to sign the supermax...
Old 11-17-2020, 12:13 AM   #840
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yepp they are blowing it up. Lets get Tucker
I'd love to have him. Has that toughness we need. Nevermind he can guard positions 4,5 and the 3.....can hit 3's....one of the best rebounders in the league....