Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-15-2020, 01:45 PM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Poku doesnt want to be stashed and it also makes sense to put him immediatly on an NBA strength program

I also like Poku as pick because the second he shows true potential he also is a great trade chip for unhappy allstar XY

And Poku is by far no Tacko Fall

Last edited by sefant77; 11-15-2020 at 01:47 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:57 PM   #2
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Yeah Poku doesnt want to be stashed and it also makes sense to put him immediatly on an NBA strength program

I also like Poku as pick because the second he shows true potential he also is a great trade chip for unhappy allstar XY

And Poku is by far no Tacko Fall
The biggest knock on Poku is his thin frame but I just don't seeing it being that big of a deal with his skillset. I just don't ever seeing him playing much down low but see him playing more of a Chandler Parsons role in the NBA.
Now his thin frame could make him injury prone, and that could be a problem, but I don't see his frame limiting his ability to play in the NBA as much as some people think and I don't see any reason why he'd have to be stashed overseas. I think the dude could contribute this season.

I'm probably alone here but I'd be ecstatic if we pick Poku. Still think he's the best player outside the lotto.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-15-2020 at 06:00 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
The biggest knock on Poku is his thin frame
Well, there's that. And FWIW, I agree that it's being overblown, but it's not insignificant, either. I mean, half of why Luka has been so successful to this point is his strength, really. Even a perimeter player needs to be able to play through contact.

But, that's not the BIGGEST knock, imo. He plays in a really poor league. NOTHING like Luka and KP's path. He's BEHIND college players in experience, not ahead of them. I've seen footage of several different games that look like they're taking place in the Greek equivalent of a YMCA. No fans, no competition.

It's cool to be intrigued by the guy - I am, too. But I'd be careful with hoping he's a day one contributor. I highly, highly doubt that.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-15-2020 at 10:46 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Well, there's that. And FWIW, I agree that it's being overblown, but it's not insignificant, either. I mean, half of why Luka has been so successful to this point is his strength, really. Even a perimeter player needs to be able to play through contact.

But, that's the BIGGEST knock, imo. He plays in a really poor league. NOTHING like Luka and KP's path. He's BEHIND college players in experience, not ahead of them. I've seen footage of several different games that look like they're taking place in the Greek equivalent of a YMCA. No fans, no competition.

It's cool to be intrigued by the guy - I am, too. But I'd be careful with hoping he's a day one contributor. I highly, highly doubt that.
I agree 100%. These highlights don't look anything like Luka's. Honestly it reminds me of Lamelo Ball's highlights when he played in his dad's BBB league. Hell it might even be worse competition than that was.

His ceiling looks like that of a 7th or 8th man off the bench guy. I'm not scout just my opinion but yeah I'm not seeing it at all. I think at the 18th pick this team would do better with a 3 and D guy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Vecenie 2020 NBA Draft Guide

Password
nbaDr@ft2020

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uplo...ft-Guide-1.pdf
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote