Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #81
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I liked bale as wayne/batman, too, but i thought this was hilarious. man, you've been a fan of his for like, forever!

how about since Empire of the Sun? that kid showed some real acting chops! both him and Ben Stiller.
Oh I saw that one a long time ago. I'm just not a Spielberg fan. But I loved Bale in Velvet Goldmine as well.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #82
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
As sike and GMC already said, those people are idiots. I was ecstatic when I found out he was the new Batman.

Nolan is one of my favorite directors. Insomnia and Memento, as well as Batman Begins are some of my all-time favorite movies. It's my trust and confidence in Nolan, and nothing else, that gives me at least some assurance that it'll be okay. However, considering that he previously made it clear that he wasn't even considering anyone else but Lachy Hulme and Paul Bettany, I can't help but get the impression that Nolan didn't really want Ledger, and was pressured by the studio into going with the bigger name. Just speculation.

Dude, you're nuts. Seriously, Nicholson's performance was one of the best of his truly legendary career. To this day I think it's a crime that he wasn't at least nominated for best supporting actor. Yeah he was a little old, but the whole "over the top thing"??? You mean, the friggin character? Son, have you ever read a Batman comic? The Joker is the very definition of "over the top." That's his schtick. I mean c'mon, he's a homicidal clown for god's sake. As a DIE-HARD fan of the character, I'd be very pissed off to see any watered-down, domesticated depiction of the Joker. Read Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Maybe he's closer physically to the classic Joker than Nicholson, but if we're just going on appearance here, as I said before, I thought Hulme would've been a much much better choice than Ledger. The idea that he was the one Nolan originally wanted just gives merit to my doubts about Ledger's ability to pull it off.

I have faith in Nolan, and I want this movie to be great, so of course I'll give Ledger a fair shake. But I will say that of all the characters that have been cast so far in this franchise, Ledger is the first and only one that I've doubted even a little. I knew Bale was the perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman. I knew Gary Oldman was the perfect Jim Gordon. I knew Morgan Freeman was the perfect Lucious Fox. I knew Michael Caine was the perfect Alfred and so on... Ledger? At this point I'm just hoping he won't completely f*ck it up. The fact that the character in question isn't just any villain of the week, but one of the greatest comic/movie villains ever, and my personal all-time favorite just makes the stakes that much higher.
I believe Nicholson is a good actor but theres only so much good acting skills can do without good casting, he just didn't have me believing in him even at my young age ast the time (like I said mostly physically, he could have shed the pounds). I was content with the 'campy' light purple suit, the green hair, and the long light blue tie because thats all classic comic style while adding to the creepy makeup job but in short it didn't make me think he was crazy or badass it just kind of creeped me out when presented in the movie. He didnt do anything particularly dark for a main villain in a movie or franchise and in short it could have just been a bad plot but I believe Jack was bad casting as well. I was really young so at the time I didn't care enough to criticize anyway but now that I think of it I think they just wanted big names back then too with the old films. I mean Jack, Devito, Carey, .... Schwarzaneggar as Mr. Freeze!? I think we can all agree Schumacher shouldn't be allowed to do anything remotely related to Batman again.

I didn't know that Heath wasn't Nolans first choice, I truly hope the studio doesnt force anything on him. It should be the directors artistic freedom that helps make the movie truly great. I don't know what fans of the comics have against the idea of changing certain characteristics of a plot or character, maybe as a fan you can enlighten me. If it will help the directors vision than why not? There are millions of fans but one person who makes it happen and as a director you need to understand that you can't please everyone. As a blockbuster movie sequel it should be noted that this movie should be about more than just fans of the comics. I see this Joker in a darker purple coat, more dramatic makeup, a few more maniacal outbreaks, etc. Personally I think this Joker should be very sick and twisted (I mean.. darker, thats what this new franchise is all about), not suitable for young children because he truly is one of the most evil characters in comics. Maybe something along the lines of "A death in the family" storyline with Rachel Dawes taking the place of Jason Todd (Robin) since he won't be added to this franchise anytime soon and Rachels character is not needed in the films anymore.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #83
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally I think this Joker should be very sick and twisted
Bingo. The Joker's one of those characters that can get real cheesy, real fast if he's not envisioned properly. He needs to be so darkly sadistic that the comical overtones to his vileness make you feel unclean, as if you've committed a mortal sin for even having been witness to the joke.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:58 PM   #84
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Which angle will this Joker take?

Perhaps.... Homo Joker? He'll have the perfect makeup job, just the right green hair coloring and purple designer suits with triple seamwork.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c
Bingo. The Joker's one of those characters that can get real cheesy, real fast if he's not envisioned properly. He needs to be so darkly sadistic that the comical overtones to his vileness make you feel unclean, as if you've committed a mortal sin for even having been witness to the joke.
no dobt...personally...I've always thought that the joker should only make himself laugh...and everyone else, even his hinchmen should be terrified of him...

more like the Joker of the Graphic Novels...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 08-11-2006 at 03:32 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #86
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Bump..... Here's some more good news! From Imdb.com:

Phillippe Lands Two-Face Role?

Ryan Phillippe may be set to take over from Tommy Lee Jones after reportedly landing the role of Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel. Reese Witherspoon's husband will join Heath Ledger, who has signed on to play The Joker, and new Batman Christian Bale in The Dark Knight. Crash star Phillippe beat Liev Shreiber and Josh Lucas to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie Batman Forever, according to internet reports. Academy Award winners Sir Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have also joined the cast, while fellow Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to play The Penguin in the new film.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #87
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

let's PLEASE not have anyone trying to compare anyone to Tommy Lee Jones' portrayal of Two-Face. THAT was awful.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #88
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Phillip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin would be greatness.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #89
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for the love of GOD I hope Philippe isn't Two-face. Jesus, god, don't let this be true. Please, PLEASE let it it be Liev Schreiber.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 08-17-2006 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 PM   #90
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

You know, over the past few days, the casting of Ledger as the Joker has really started to grow on me. I know Nolan wants to go for a much darker joker, and one very different from Nicholson's or the animated Hamill version. I think he'll be a damn good Joker and breathe new life into the character.

Here are some excellent photoshops I found that help give us an idea of what he might look like.

This one's definitely my favorite so far. Nevermind the clothes, I just love the grin:

not a huge fan of this one, but still helps me see him playing the part

A little closer to the traditional Joker...

This one I like a LOT:

As of now, I'm happy with the Ledger casting. Now they'll just cast Liev Schreiber as Harvey Dent, I'll be satisfied.

EDIT: my new favorite. A very sinister Joker that I think would fit right into Nolan's gritty universe. Just loose the long hair (I think the original pic is from the 10 Things I Hate About You)

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 08-24-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:32 AM   #91
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

The Joker, Two-Face, the Penguin????
Too many bad-guys for a single movie. Though I am convinced Philip Hoffman could play any of the three very well. Phillippe I don't know, but he was in a King of the Hill episode, so can't be all bad. The only problem I have with Ledger is that he can't act. And he's annoying. And he helped ruin Brother's Grimm.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #92
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
The Joker, Two-Face, the Penguin????
Too many bad-guys for a single movie. Though I am convinced Philip Hoffman could play any of the three very well. Phillippe I don't know, but he was in a King of the Hill episode, so can't be all bad. The only problem I have with Ledger is that he can't act. And he's annoying. And he helped ruin Brother's Grimm.
Well, I don't think having too many bad guys is going to be a problem at all because from what I've heard, the Harvey Dent character isn't going to become Two-Face until the next movie, or perhaps the very end of this one. Second, the Penguin is by no means confirmed to be in this movie or any future Batman movies for that matter. The idea of Hoffman playing the Penguin as of right now merely a rumor, and an unfounded one at that (although I would love to see it happen.) Thirdly, the Brother's Grimm was just a terrible movie. I'm not a huge Ledger fan, although I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain, and I did think he gave a great performance in Monster's Ball, even if it was a small part.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #93
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

question that ive had since the last two face character. Harvey dent was black. Why did he become a white guy and why are we supposedly casting another white guy to play him?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:37 PM   #94
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
question that ive had since the last two face character. Harvey dent was black. Why did he become a white guy and why are we supposedly casting another white guy to play him?
Apparently you've never read a Batman comic. Harvey Dent was NEVER black. Not ever. Why they cast Billy Dee Williams in the first Burton movie is beyond me.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #95
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

ive read a few batman comics but not many. I was more marvel than DC. DC is annoying because they vastly overpower everyone even though batman has no powers he essentially has any power he wants because they can explain away anything as either he invented it or he was smart enough to do such and such. It kind of reminds me of a line from without limits. If you have no talent, you have no limits. Well in batman, if you have no power, you have no limits.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #96
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
ive read a few batman comics but not many. I was more marvel than DC. DC is annoying because they vastly overpower everyone even though batman has no powers he essentially has any power he wants because they can explain away anything as either he invented it or he was smart enough to do such and such. It kind of reminds me of a line from without limits. If you have no talent, you have no limits. Well in batman, if you have no power, you have no limits.
I agree totally. I've never been a DC fan at all. Just a Batman fan. And I haven't even read that many Batman comics either, just the one-shot graphic novels. The exception to this is that I own the entire "No Man's Land" story arc which covers about a year's worth of Batman comics. DEFINITELY worth a read if you can find it anywhere, although I doubt you can (I had to get it on Ebay.)

However, some graphic novels that I highly recommend whether you're a comic fan or not are:

The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
The Killing Joke by Alan Moore (the definitive depiction of the Joker)
Akham Asylum- A Serious House on Serious Earth by Grant Morrison and Dave McKean
The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale
Old 08-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #97
Five-ofan
Guru

Do you still read comics? If so have you read/are you reading the new crisis on infinite earth series or the original one?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:52 PM   #98
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I've read most of the Crisis on Infinite Earth series, and I've read a great deal of Infinite Crises. Didn't particularly care for either of them to tell you the truth. The orginal was really just a plot device they created to simplify DC's confusing continuity due to the multiverse. I like a lot of the artwork in Infinite Crises, but I just didn't much care for the story, and it just bothers me how overly powerful Superboy Prime has become. Although, I will say the series has one redeeming moment, and that's when the Joker kills Alexander Luthor. Pretty sweet.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:55 PM   #99
Five-ofan
Guru

I dont know how far you got so this may be a spoiler for you or anyone else who reads them even though i havent read that far, its pretty obvious that the golden age superman is the ultimate villain in the second one which sucks.

Oh yeah that and flash essentially becomind god with the speed force wasnt great. It was almost as bad as when they made Ion who was without question the most powerful character in the history of comics.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #100
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Some more photoshops that I really dig:

This one's a bit different, but very well done:

Yeesh, I'm already hyped up about the movie, and it won't even be out until summer 2008

EDIT: One last pic. This one I like especially because he reminds me so much of Joker from the Dark Knight Returns (although the pic next to it is from the Killing Joke)

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 08-24-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #101
Five-ofan
Guru

i like it too, you have sold me on ledger as joker.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:55 PM   #102
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Not Joker-related, but for years now there's been talk at WB about making a Superman/Batman crossover movie. It'll probably never happen, but with both franchises having been successfully revived, you never know. Either way, if it ever does happen, I think this is a pretty accurate depiction of what would happen if these two heroes really did exist and actually encountered each other:

OWNED!

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 08-24-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 PM   #103
Five-ofan
Guru

i dont feel like photo shopping it but assuming both were truly trying to win what would prevent superman from just melting bats with is heat vision? Bats would have no prayer against supes.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:17 PM   #104
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
i dont feel like photo shopping it but assuming both were truly trying to win what would prevent superman from just melting bats with is heat vision? Bats would have no prayer against supes.
Uh... the kryptonite in his hand maybe? The same reason a 50 year-old Kevin Spacey can beat him nearly to death in the new Superman movie. Not to get overly nerdy/technical with you, but in virtually every comic/movie/animated adaptation of Superman, kryptonite renders him powerless, and will kill him... and it doesn't take much. See the Dark Knight Returns; Batman has synthetic kryptonite, and kicks Superman's ass. And if you haven't read Batman: Hush, it's worth checking out. With just a small kryptonite ring, Batman can engage Superman hand-to-hand and hold his own with him.

But truthfully, none of it means anything. What really matters is, Superman sucks. He's a lousy character. His powers make absolutely no sense. I mean, really, yellow sun rays give him heat vision, cold-breath, and x-ray eyes? He's just plain corny, even by superhero standards.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #105
Five-ofan
Guru

my point about the heat vision is that he could be 4 miles away where bats couldnt even see him or have any clue where he is and still melt bats. They write superman as a moron. I couldnt do the drawing or anything but i could write superman so much better than they write him. The problem is that to write him the way he needs to be written would require a complete change in his history. He needs to be ruthless but so many people love him the way he is. He doesnt even need to be ruthless he just needs to not be nice to the point of being an idiot. essentially he needs to be human. He needs to get pissed. He needs to do somethings wrong. I agree about the weird combo powers. I would also love to know how an extremely dense molecular structure allows him to fly. If anything he should have trouble jumping over a piece of paper.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:45 PM   #106
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
my point about the heat vision is that he could be 4 miles away where bats couldnt even see him or have any clue where he is and still melt bats. They write superman as a moron. I couldnt do the drawing or anything but i could write superman so much better than they write him. The problem is that to write him the way he needs to be written would require a complete change in his history. He needs to be ruthless but so many people love him the way he is. He doesnt even need to be ruthless he just needs to not be nice to the point of being an idiot. essentially he needs to be human. He needs to get pissed. He needs to do somethings wrong. I agree about the weird combo powers. I would also love to know how an extremely dense molecular structure allows him to fly. If anything he should have trouble jumping over a piece of paper.
All leading to one obvious, inevitible, and painfully clear conclusion:

Superman sucks.

Don't get me wrong, he'll always have his place in our hearts as an American icon, because, having been introduced in 1938 when comics were still in infance as an artistic medium, he was the first real superhero, and became the prototype on which the medium would be defined for many many years. So I'll always appreciate Superman for his status as a fictional character, having few equals in terms of impact on comics, TV, and film... But that will only do so much for me. But once I get past that, I see him for the corny, nonsensical character he is, and then I find the movies or comics just plain difficult to sit through.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 AM   #107
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tarzan wasn't a ladies' man
He'd just come along and scoop 'em up under his arm
Like that, quick as a cat in the jungle
But Clark Kent, now there was a real gent
He would not be caught sittin' around in no
Junglescape, dumb as an ape doing nothing

Superman never made any money
Saving the world from Solomon Grundy
And sometimes I despair the world will never see
Another man like him

Hey, Bob, Supe had a straight job
Even though he could have smashed through any bank
In the United States, he had the strength, but he would not
Folks said his family were all dead
Their planet crumbled but Superman, he forced himself
To carry on, forget Krypton, and keep going

Tarzan was king of the jungle and Lord over all the apes
But he could hardly string together four words: "I Tarzan, You Jane."

Sometimes when Supe was stopping crimes
I'll bet that he was tempted to just quit and turn his back
On man, join Tarzan in the forest
But he stayed in the city, and kept on changing clothes
In dirty old phonebooths till his work was through
And nothing to do but go on home

Superman never made any money
Saving the world from Solomon Grundy
And sometimes I despair the world will never see
Another man like him
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 AM   #108
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not Joker-related, but for years now there's been talk at WB about making a Superman/Batman crossover movie. It'll probably never happen, but with both franchises having been successfully revived, you never know. Either way, if it ever does happen, I think this is a pretty accurate depiction of what would happen if these two heroes really did exist and actually encountered each other:

OWNED!
if they did it...they would rape both....anyone else remember AVP?...or have you succesfully forgotten yet?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #109
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
if they did it...they would rape both....anyone else remember AVP?...or have you succesfully forgotten yet?
Psh, all it or any film needs is a good director. AvP could've been great if someone compotent had been running the project. A Batman/Superman movie would have great potential if Christopher Nolan or Bryan Singer was directing.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #110
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Screw Ledger! I should be the Joker!

Okay, maybe not. But still, I think I pulled it off pretty well considering I threw that costume together in about 2-3 hours.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #111
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Nice
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #112
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Screw Ledger! I should be the Joker!

Okay, maybe not. But still, I think I pulled it off pretty well considering I threw that costume together in about 2-3 hours.
good lord you are skinny.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #113
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

probably too fey to play the joker, and that's saying something...
Old 09-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #114
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Al Franken
Old 09-15-2006, 03:33 AM   #115
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Al Franken
Nah, he's already a clown.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #116
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

If Christopher Nolan could keep a spare like Katie Holmes-Cruise-Hubbard from ruining the first movie, I'm sure he can harness whatever shred of talent that Heath Ledger contains & flesh it out into a wonderful performance...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #117
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
If Christopher Nolan could keep a spare like Katie Holmes-Cruise-Hubbard from ruining the first movie, I'm sure he can harness whatever shred of talent that Heath Ledger contains & flesh it out into a wonderful performance...
bingo.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 AM   #118
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Here's something that should make you Batman fans happy. From imdb.com:

Aaron Eckhart Lands Two-Faced Role

Thank You For Smoking star Aaron Eckhart will play Harvey Dent/Two-Face in The Dark Knight, a sequel to Batman Begins. Dent is Gotham City's district attorney and a Batman ally who goes insane after half of his face is disfigured by acid. Known as Two-Face, he chooses to do good or evil by flipping a coin. Tommy Lee Jones played the character in 1995's Batman Forever. Ray Oscar winner Jamie Foxx recently rubbished reports he would play Dent alongside Christian Bale's Batman. The sequel, directed by Christopher Nolan, is set to be released next summer. The actor is next set to be seen in drama No Reservations opposite Catherine Zeta-Jones and recent Oscar nominee Abigail Breslin.

Probably the best person for the role. On the actual Dark Knight page, it also has Maggie Gyllenhall(sp?) as a rumored replacement as Rachael Dawes. Safe pick.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #119
sike
The Preacha

great news...

Old 02-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #120
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I would've liked Liev Schreiber, but Eckhart is a good choice too.

Tags
classic thread