Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Divac Retires.....slowly Kobe purges all

Lakers C Vlade Divac retires
July 15, 2005

BELGRADE (Ticker) - One of the most versatile centers in the NBA, Vlade Divac announced his retirement Thursday.

Divac, who averaged 11.8 points, 8.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists during an NBA career that spanned 16 years, had been expected to delay his decision until September 30 but hasn't been able to shake a back injury.

One of most popular Serbo-Montenegro basketball players of all time, the 7-footer planned to finish his career back in his homeland with Partizan Belgrade, the club he left to join the Lakers in 1989. But any hopes of an emotional return now appear to be dashed.

The 37-year-old, who signed a extended contract with the Lakers last summer, underwent back surgery six months ago and played only 15 games last season, averaging just 2.3 points and 2.1 rebounds.

"My back is causing me a lot of problems," Divac said. "At the moment I don't feel pain, but after four or five days of playing I feel it a lot. There is just a 50-50 chance for me to be fully recovered for the new season. As I don't want to become a disabled player, I think this is a right time for me to stop playing basketball."

Divac made his debut for the Yugoslavia national team in 1986 and won two gold medals at the World Championships in 1990 and 2002.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all
Default RE: Divac Retires.....slowly Kobe purges all

I absolutely can't stand that prick Kobe Bryant. However, I've got to ask: What in hell does Kobe Bryant have to do with Divac getting a back injury that forces him to retire? Geez folks, you guys go try to play basketball with a back injury. I hurt my back 8 years ago playing basketball and have yet to step back on a court even to practice shooting. Back injuries are just that damned bad. Honestly, why wouldn't Kobe want to play with a healthy Divac? I don't think Kobe is so narcissistic that he has problems playing with guys who are actually good basketball players. Some of you people on this board are just nuts.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote