Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-31-2007, 10:22 AM   #41
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
If he goes east I think the Bulls get him. If he goes west its to Phoenix or Utah.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...lls_scenarios/

Most NBA execs seem to agree: PHX or CHI.

EDIT: Also, Fisher went on a rant:

Wanna beat a deadline, fill some newspaper space and earn a yelping headline? Propose a nonsensical Dirk-for-Kobe trade. Wanna engage in a more reasoned evaluation of the idea that effectively shuts it down? Join me:

1) Let’s start with the start: The Black Mamba doesn’t even want to be dealt from the Lakers. No, wait. Yes he does. No. Yes. No. …

Bryant has spent the last three days pinballing from media outlet to media outlet, from radio talk show to radio talk show, spouting contradictory wishes, pointing fingers, pouting, almost crying, all the time seeking the attention that is this man’s mother’s milk.

Mamba almost clears things up on his own website. … and then “unclears’’ it right away.

“I’m so tired of talking,’’ he told Dan Patrick on one of the four radio shows he did on Wednesday, failing to grasp the irony.

Are you up on the Kobe Kronology?

He went on one radio show in the morning and said that “nothing’’ would permit him to return to LA. “I would like to be traded,’’ he said. “At this point, I’ll go play on Pluto.’’

Moments later, as ESPN was announcing to the world that Kobe’s mind was unchangeable, he was on another radio show. On this one he says the re-hiring of Jerry West might soften his stance. Then in the afternoon he’s on another station and he says he wants to be a Laker “more than anything. I don’t want to go nowhere.’’

Apparently, last night he told an LA Times reporter that (drum roll, please) he wants to be traded.

And you think there are moments when Dirk’s indecisive!?

Really, the only thing clear here is this: Years ago, before he nicknamed himself The Black Mamba, I nicknamed him The Drama Queen. And that’s the moniker that should’ve stuck. The reason I didn’t write about this issue immediately is because I saw the writing on the wall: This is a baby. A baby crying. And sometimes a baby crying needs to be left alone in his crib for awhile.

The Drama Queen is not getting traded. Bodog has the odds on him going (Dallas getting him is at 4-1) but these gamblers are smart; Bodog doesn’t even offer odds on KOBE STAYING. Because that’s what’s going to happen.

In fact, even the DMNews knows its own non-story was never worth the bother. Eddie Sefko almost sneers in his extremely brief story today (my guess: an editor made him write it against his will) dismissing the notion started by his own columnist. Eddie calls it “internet speculation,’’ knowing full well it was Jean-Jacques Taylor speculation that lowlighted the foolishness.

2) Using the same reasoning that prevented them from talking about Shaq-to-Dallas, LA management isn’t trading Kobe to Dallas. That’s the angle from Mavs people who I’ve spoken to, anyway.

3) Nobody in LA believes Kobe will be dealt, period. (This link is to an LA Times column written with the depth of understanding sorely missing in the DMNews’ amateurish attempt at same.) Again, that story was written more than a minute ago, so Kobe changing his mind might change the odds. But it doesn’t change the smart bet, which is that LA will find a way to kiss and make up with its star. (Hey, maybe Jerry Buss – once he sobers up and gets his head outta the 23-year-old crotch -- will buy Kobe a purple-pink diamond ring!)

4) Mark Cuban has an association with some of the finest legal minds in the land. We happen to have a mutual friend, he and I, named, Steve Stodghill, who happens to be the Mavs’ attorney. And Stodg likes associating with Hollywood types. But I do not believe Stodg or anyone else in Cuban’s circle has experience defending accused rapists.

5) Despite the DMNews’ wish that the deal be done, “Straight up. No frills. A simple blockbuster.’’ … the real world isn’t that simple. The author writes that he checked the viability of the deal on a website. What the author does not know is that Kobe has a no-trade clause, just one potential viability clog. (ESPN.com’s trade checker, by the way, approves the deal; RealGM.com’s does not.)

6) My understanding is that Kobe’s contract includes a $13 mil trade kicker. Meaning that his new team, in addition to paying his max-out salary, would immediately have to write him a $13 mil check. Takers?

7) The Mavs have made it clear they do not want to alter the culture of this team and its locker room. Kobe Bean Bryant – from the time he held his press conference in his high-school gym while wearing sunglasses – has always been a 6-7 bundle of culture shock.

8) You don’t trade away a big for a small. If there is any player in the NBA with the skills to overlook this Guideline of GM’ing, it’s The Drama Queen. But like clichés, no matter how tired it is that guideline exists for a reason.

9) How would Dallas be better? Out goes a singular superstar who is the MVP, in comes a singular superstar who is capable of being the MVP. Where’s the upside? Give me Kobe AND Dirk and I’ll dump the rest of the Dallas roster to do it. Seriously, Dirk + Kobe + DJ + Pops + JJB might win! But Kobe OR Dirk? I’m treadmilling there. It makes more sense – for Dallas and LA – to attempt to build on their foundation, rather than tear it down a re-built. For the Lakers, that means keeping Kobe and trying to add, say, Jermaine O’Neal.

10) The root of this story – and the root of many Kobe Bryant stories – is his unquenchable desire to be his own boss, to call organizational shots, to be heard, to be LOVED. He was instrumental in the departure of Shaq (no matter that Kobe now says the source of his ire is that LA was planning to dump Shaq anyway), tried to orchestrate the Lakers’ hiring of Coach K, had to sign off on the return of Phil JackZen, helped assemble the veterans now on his roster, and is now making all this noise because he wants Jerry West as his GM. One report says Kobe will agree to stay if an alleged Iago in the front office is canned. Why would Cuban, Donnie, Avery and any other Mav in a suit or in a uniform want to provide gainful employment to their own eventual executioner?

11) Kobe’s individual brilliance is almost enough to erase the things written about him by his own coach. Almost. From JackZen’s book: He’s “uncoachable.’’ Now, that’s the on-the-record word from the greatest championship-winning coach in NBA history. What more testimony do you need to hear? Phil JackZen can’t reach him. You think Joe Prunty can?

12) The DMNews suggests that Dirk is “soft, perhaps because he didn't learn the game on inner-city black tops, where you call your own fouls, or spend a summer playing at Rucker Park in New York.’’ This demonstrates not only an ignorance regarding Nowitzki’s character, but an ignorance regarding Kobe’s background. Kobe’s greatest lessons in sports came from his father while they lived in Italy, not that far from where Dirk was learning his greatest lessons in sports from his father while they lived in Germany. They both grew up nearer the Eiffel Tower than they did Rucker Park.

Oh, this “inner-city black tops’’ suggestion in the paper is also racist. (Just thought I’d throw that in there.)

13) Kobe is not God. The DMNews backhands Dirk by writing that Bryant “wouldn't go 2-for-13, score eight points and passively hang around the perimeter in the most important game of the season.’’

That’s a fascinating take – and one that should cause the author to forfeit his NBA press credential.

Kobe has failed in some of the EXACT SAME WAYS Dirk has failed – and worse. Check out Kobe’s exits in the last three seasons:

2007: Bryant made four baskets in the first quarter but just one in the second, third and fourth combined as his team, trailing 2-1 in a Round 1 series to Phoenix, lost a pivotal game. Bryant’s line after failing to even attempt a shot in the fourth quarter: 5-of-13 for 15 points.

Folks, Dirk and Kobe had performances that mirrored each other almost EXACTLY. And did so within minutes of each other in this year’s Round 1. And the DMNews columnist overlooks it?

2006: The Lakers were up 3-1 over the Suns before, under the leadership of Bryant, they collapsed and lost the series.

2005: The Lakers won just two of their final 21 games – featuring losing streaks of eight, five, and a season-closing six – and under the leadership of Bryant failed to make the playoffs.

Had enough? Can we move from space-filling Fantasy Basketball and onto real basketball now?

14) OK, one more.

You, DFW, America, have long-bemoaned the atmosphere of the big-time sports world, with its indulgent privilege and its piggy selfishness and its frightening criminal edge. Dirk is a brilliant player, a top-five-or-top-10-in-the-world player, who is guilty of none of those deadly sins. Kobe Bryant is, on the other hand, the poster boy for those deadly sins, including maybe rape, and countless others.

There. Now back to real basketball.

Last edited by StackAttack; 05-31-2007 at 10:24 AM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2007, 06:35 PM   #42
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruna11
Quote:
Asked if he had any preference for a trade destination, he said "At this point I'll go play on Pluto."
Not sure if there's anyone in Pluto that LA could be interested in...
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Even if he's traded, Kobe would still want to think of himself as the best player on the planet. And Pluto's not a planet anymore. No. Pluto won't work.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #44
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
Even if he's traded, Kobe would still want to think of himself as the best player on the planet. And Pluto's not a planet anymore. No. Pluto won't work.
Good point... plus being a small market, don't think they can afford his max contract!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:17 PM   #45
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2888660

Buss speaks with Kobe.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #46
StackAttack
Platinum Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=1&cset=true

Another Kobe flip-flop. He wants out.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #47
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=1&cset=true

Another Kobe flip-flop. He wants out.
I'm not signing up for the La Times.com. Pleas post it.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #48
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Not sure if there's anyone in Pluto that LA could be interested in...
It would be impossible to judge the skill of someone on Pluto. Gravity is much weaker there, so their leg muscles wouldn't be developed enough for the NBA game. However, if Kobe went to Pluto, he'd be able to jump, I'd say, at least 15 feet in the air. He'd be the most dominant player ever to set foot on Pluto.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #49
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Source: Bryant tells Buss that he wants out

In a meeting in Spain, the Lakers star voices concerns to owner about team's direction.
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
June 16, 2007

Jerry Buss met with his unhappy $88.6-million employee, Kobe Bryant, for a get-together Friday between owner and superstar in the somewhat surprising setting of Spain.

They had spoken by phone two weeks ago, a few days after Bryant asked to be traded, but this was a longer, more emotional conversation.

Buss wanted to appeal to the nine-time All-Star, reminding him that trades take time to develop and that winning remains the focus of the organization, but Bryant voiced concerns about the direction of the franchise and reiterated his demand to be traded, said a source with knowledge of the situation.

"That's the message that came out of it," the source said.

Team sources vehemently insisted there were no plans to trade Bryant, and they were still hopeful that a peaceful solution could be reached. Bryant and Buss are expected to resume their dialogue in the near future.

Bryant's displeasure has grown steadily since the Lakers were eliminated by Phoenix last month in the first round of the playoffs. The Lakers are 121-125 since reaching the NBA Finals in 2004, not including their first-round exits the last two seasons.

Last month, Bryant publicly requested that Jerry West return to the team's front office — an unlikely scenario — and urged General Manager Mitch Kupchak to make trades that would steer the team in a winning direction.

"I'm still frustrated," Bryant said at the time. "I'm waiting for them to make some changes."

The Lakers have contacted numerous teams, but there have not been any blockbuster deals yet — by them or by any other team in the league.

Talks with the Indiana Pacers for six-time All-Star forward-center Jermaine O'Neal have stalled because the Lakers do not want to give up both Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum to get O'Neal.

Trade talks around the league are expected to heat up as the June 28 draft approaches and could continue into the free-agent period that begins July 1.

Bryant was vacationing in Spain and stopped by to see a practice session of his favorite soccer team, FC Barcelona, on Thursday. Buss had been in China since leaving the U.S. more than two weeks ago. He planned to travel to London before returning to Los Angeles, although it was unclear whether he went to Spain specifically to talk to Bryant.

"What they talked about and what went on between Kobe and Dr. Buss is private and will remain between the two of them," Lakers spokesman John Black said.

Bryant's agent, Rob Pelinka, did not return calls seeking comment.

Bryant, who will be 29 in August, has four years left on his contract, but he can void it in two years.

The two-time scoring champion, widely acknowledged as the game's most dynamic player, has the NBA's top-selling jersey and is a significant draw at Staples Center. The Lakers are very cognizant of his importance in driving ticket sales, as well as his effect on corporate sponsors.

Buss, who signed off on Bryant's seven-year, $136.4-million contract in July 2004, released a statement two weeks ago in which he said, "We will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone."

--

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #50
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Chad Ford:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...26id%3d2906327

:
:
:
From what I can gather, the Lakers would have two conditions to meet in any Kobe Bryant trade:

1. They want to send him to the Eastern Conference.
2. They need a star player back in return.

:
:
:
For instance, the Cavs and Heat have superstars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, but both are untouchable. Ditto, apparently, for Dwight Howard in Orlando.

Chicago, from what I hear, is Bryant's first preference, and he might be willing to waive his trade kicker (a bonus payment if he's traded) to play there. While the Bulls have lots of assets, such as Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and the No. 9 pick in the draft, that package lacks true star power.

Based on my conversations with various sources around the league, I see two intriguing possibilities if the Lakers are looking for an Eastern Conference star -- the Wizards' Gilbert Arenas and the Celtics' Paul Pierce.
:
:
:

Last edited by vjz; 06-16-2007 at 02:40 PM.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #51
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah I hope Kobe comes to the Mavs so he can shoot 14 for 41 every night and Dirk can take 6 shots a game. Yaaaaaaaahhh so exciting. With this scenario we're a 49 win team! woohooo!!!!!!
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #52
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Bryant pushing for trade

LAKERS: Buss is said to be shocked after a meeting with his All-Star guard in Spain.

10:51 PM PDT on Friday, June 15, 2007

By BRODERICK TURNER
The Press-Enterprise

Disgruntled Lakers guard Kobe Bryant met with Lakers owner Jerry Buss on Friday in Barcelona, Spain, and reiterated his demand to be traded, two league sources said.

Buss was shocked by Bryant's continued and defiant stance, the sources said, and left the meeting unsure if he would give in to Bryant's demands or if he would keep the All-Star, knowing it'll be "impossible" to get equal value in return.

The Lakers confirmed Friday night that Bryant and Buss did meet. Bryant was in Barcelona on vacation, and Buss was on vacation in China before going to London and then to Barcelona.

"Our position is that it's a private meeting between the two of them and it shall remain private between the two of them," Lakers public relations director John Black said Friday night in a phone interview.

Bryant's agent, Rob Pelinka, didn't return messages.

Bryant began his campaign to force a trade almost three weeks ago by venting in a barrage of interviews on radio stations and in newspapers.

His last public comments had him wanting to be traded, rescinding those demands and then still wanting to be traded, all coming on the same day.

Bryant is the only NBA player with a no-trade clause in his contract. He had said he would waive that clause. But he could make a trade more difficult because he has a three-team wish list, the sources said. Two of the teams are the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks.

One report had the Lakers hoping to acquire Bulls center Ben Wallace, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Chicago's No. 1 draft pick (9) for Bryant.

But the sources said every team, including the Bulls, knows the Lakers will try to "gut" a team in order to get as much value as possible for Bryant.

Bryant could also veto a trade if he thinks the team has to give up too many players, which, the sources said, could also make a trade more difficult.

For a team to acquire Bryant, it cannot swap one or more players exceeding 125 percent of his $19,490,625 million salary he'll earn this season.

Bryant has a 15-percent trade kicker in his contract the team that acquires him has to pick up for $13,289,062 million that would be amortized over the last four years of his contract.

Bryant has an "early termination option" in his contract which allows him to opt out after the 2009 season, meaning he could leave the Lakers without the team getting any compensation.

He has four years and $88,593,750 million left on his contract.

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/...6.3dccb4a.html#

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 06-16-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

man I would love to have a no-fire clause in my work contract like that.

I could refuse to quit, and yet demand to be fired and by firing me they would owe me my contract plus more money. Every player should have that. As soon as its signed you ask to be traded and collect more money. It would never make sense to stay with one team more than like 20 games.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-16-2007 at 04:28 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #54
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
man I would love to have a no-fire clause in my work contract like that.

I could refuse to quit, and yet demand to be fired and by firing me they would owe me my contract plus more money. Every player should have that. As soon as its signed you ask to be traded and collect more money. It would never make sense to stay with one team more than like 20 games.
I lol'ed.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #55
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

How stupid would you have to be to offer a player a contract like that? Even if the Bulls give them their entire roster Kobe could just say "My team would be horrible, I say no!". You know somethings wrong when the players have more power over trades than the front office.

If I were the Lakers I would look for the best offer and if Bryant vetos it then just keep him. It would be his own fault he isn't being dealt and the Lakers sure as hell won't just give him away.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe Bryant for some aging players would work

Lakers trade: Kobe Bryant for Brent Barry and Manu Ginobli's hairline

Its a win/win situation: Kobe gets an almost free championship and Ginobli can acquire some plugs for the LLE. Only team that doesnt win is the Lakers and who cares about them? Not Kobe or I.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-16-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:06 AM   #57
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
You know somethings wrong when the players have more power over trades than the front office.

I would agree with this except for the fact that Kobe is arguably the best player in the game. If Dirk had a gripe about the Mavs front office I would expect that he would have some power and sway over some decisions as well.

Last edited by MascisMan; 06-17-2007 at 12:09 AM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #58
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Kobe Bryant for some aging players would work

Lakers trade: Kobe Bryant for Brent Barry and Manu Ginobli's hairline

Its a win/win situation: Kobe gets an almost free championship and Ginobli can acquire some plugs for the LLE. Only team that doesnt win is the Lakers and who cares about them? Not Kobe or I.
No deal. Ginobili's hairline doesn't repel all time great low post players.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:29 AM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
No deal. Ginobili's hairline doesn't repel all time great low post players.
they have Bynum, Kwame and some other stiffs that can at least slow post players. What they need is scoring and Ginobli's hairline, even in its weakened state still has some mojo to help them score.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-17-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #60
V2M
Diamond Member

Source: Bryant Tells Buss That He Wants Out
16th June, 2007 - 5:51 am
L.A. Times -
Jerry Buss met with his Kobe Bryant for a get-together Friday between owner and superstar in the somewhat surprising setting of Spain.

They had spoken by phone two weeks ago, a few days after Bryant asked to be traded, but this was a longer, more emotional conversation.

Buss wanted to appeal to the nine-time All-Star, reminding him that trades take time to develop and that winning remains the focus of the organization, but Bryant voiced concerns about the direction of the franchise and reiterated his demand to be traded, said a source with knowledge of the situation.

"That's the message that came out of it," the source said.

Team sources vehemently insisted there were no plans to trade Bryant, and they were still hopeful that a peaceful solution could be reached. Bryant and Buss are expected to resume their dialogue in the near future.

"What they talked about and what went on between Kobe and Dr. Buss is private and will remain between the two of them," Lakers spokesman John Black said.

On Thursday came reports that trade talks between the Lakers and Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal had broken down.

In a separate report, Bryant's agent Rob Pelinka told ESPN.com''s Chad Ford, "Kobe's position remains unchanged ... Kobe would like to be moved." [READ]
Old 06-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #61
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

A Kobe Trade Before Draft Night?
16th June, 2007 - 10:33 pm
Ric Bucher/ESPN

Ric Bucher of ESPN reports that Kobe Bryant wants to be traded to either the Bulls, Suns or Knicks.

The Lakers reportedly do not want Bryant to remain within the Western Conference and that the Knicks are unlikely to have enough talent to get a deal done, which makes Chicago the prohibitive favorites.

Bucher reports some GM's expect a trade to be completed before the draft.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...e_draft_night/

STEPHON: I'D BE OK WITH KOBE

By MARC BERMAN

June 17, 2007 -- Stephon Marbury opened his wallet to New York City policemen, firemen and teachers yesterday and opened his arms to Kobe Bryant becoming a Knick.

In an appearance yesterday in Marbury's hometown Coney Island, he announced a series of $1 million donations then addressed the brewing Bryant saga, saying the NBA would benefit greatly if Isiah Thomas secured the Lakers' star.

Yesterday, Bryant met with Lakers owner Jerry Buss in Barcelona, Spain, with the L.A. Times reporting Bryant restated his trade demands. The report said Buss warned Bryant a trade would be a long-term process.

"Hey, I'm not opposed to it," Marbury said with a laugh. "I want to be clear-cut. I'm not opposed to it."

Presiding over opening ceremonies at the annual Stephon Marbury Basketball Classic at Surfside Gardens, the Knicks point guard said he believes the NBA could use a jolt after the Spurs swept to their fourth title in nine years in the lowest-rated NBA Finals.

"New York would be dynamite for [Kobe]," Marbury said. "This would be someplace where basketball would become the biggest and highest of the high for the NBA. It will help the game in a tremendous way because that would give New York that solidification . . . where you look at the Knicks as, oh, man, that's the team again. There's still a search for that team that people want to follow."

It is believed the Lakers would ship Bryant to the Eastern Conference, and the Bulls and Knicks appear to be his preferences. Thomas said he will keep Eddy Curry out of any offer, but David Lee, Channing Frye and Jamal Crawford would be on the table. Bryant has a no-trade clause, making it easier for him to go where he wants.

Marbury said he is allocating profits from his $14.98 Starbury sneakers and upcoming children's books to make $1 million donations to the NYPD, fire department, EMT and New York City teachers.

"Being able to help those programs that would allow EMS to hire 2-3 people, if it saves more lives, I'm down for that," Marbury said. "I felt compelled to do that."

Marbury has added a new wrinkle to his summer-long basketball tournament, with players required to read three books and write an essay. Marbury, who has two years and $42 million left on his contract, made a $10,000 donation to the Brooklyn Public Library two weeks ago.

marc.berman@nypost.com

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172007...arc_berman.htm

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 06-17-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #62
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

From Kobe´s Website:

The Truth: A new road ahead

Wassup y'all ...

Man, today is one of those surreal days for me and my family. When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere. But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING. That is plain and simply what it's all about. It's in my DNA. It's what pushes me to work as hard as I do. It's my daily passion and pursuit.

The more I thought about the future, the more I became convinced that the Lakers and me just have two different visions for the future. The Lakers are pursuing a longer-term plan that is different from what Dr. Buss shared with me at the time I re-signed as a free agent. I have seen that plan unfold for the last three years and watched great trade opportunities come and go, and have seen free agents passed on. That has led to the Lakers not winning a playoff series. All of that was frustrating in itself, but then, this week to have someone "inside" the Laker organization try to blame me in the media for us not being a contender right now -- that is what brought me to my current position today.

I want it to be clear that I still love, with all my heart, the Laker Legacy. From Mikan to West to Goodrich to Wilt to Kareem to Magic. That will never change. And the support my family and I have gotten from Lakers fans is undeniably the best. I will also always believe that.

But, now there is a new road ahead. I am gonna keep grindin and keep workin to get back to competing for Championships. Sometimes the trek up the mountain is tough. But, I know we'll get there.

Strength and Honor,
Kobe

http://news.kb24.com/#311

"Talk to the claw."

Old 06-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #63
V2M
Diamond Member

Johnny Buss speaks out on his dad, Lakers, Bryant
Owner's son says Los Angeles wants to keep Bryant.
BY KEVIN DING
OC Register.com

Johnny Buss, one of Lakers owner Jerry Buss’ sons, spent time recently with his father in China and said on a radio show Thursday night that Jerry Buss wants to keep Kobe Bryant a Laker as long as Buss is running the team.

“My father still runs the Lakers, and I’m sure that he’s not going to stop until Kobe’s actually wearing a different jersey -- but I hope he’s not,” Johnny Buss said on KLAC/570.

Johnny Buss went public in efforts to clarify an Internet post he made, saying it was meant as supportive of Bryant if he were to be traded. Buss, who has no role in Lakers management, said his father was upset by Bryant’s recent complaints, though.

“He’s stood behind Kobe in quite a few issues that Kobe’s gone through in his career with the Lakers, and I think my dad was hurt,” Buss said. “I felt like he was hurt. He spent a lot of time on the phone with my brother (Jim) and the coach, Phil Jackson, and they were just trying to figure out what they could do to keep Kobe in Los Angeles. And I think they are still going to try to do that.”
Old 06-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #64
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

so sick of hearing about kobe
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #65
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Please send him east.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #66
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Please send him east.
Here's some east teams that might be interested, lets hope he goes to one of them.
www.euroleague.net
Old 06-17-2007, 11:37 PM   #67
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

kobe in chicago might actually make an OK team in the east...
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #68
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
kobe in chicago might actually make an OK team in the east...
Depending on who they have to give up, they could very well become the favorite in the East. Hell, as long as they don't have to give up Kirk, they're at least a contender to win the East.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #69
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Depending on who they have to give up, they could very well become the favorite in the East. Hell, as long as they don't have to give up Kirk, they're at least a contender to win the East.
Ben Gordon showed in the playoffs that he can play PG when Kirk gets hurt or is in constant foul trouble IF they were going to give up Kirk IMO.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #70
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Kobe update

Chris Sheridan
posted: Monday, June 18, 2007

You'll notice if you go to Kobe Bryant's Web site that his farewell message has been reposted to the top of the page with today's date on it. The folks running that site have done that a couple times before, so it's questionable whether it's news that they did it again.

Unless, however, you take it as a direct message from Kobe. If so, it's the latest in a weekend of developments that appear more and more to show the so-called "road ahead" ultimately leads elsewhere. And I'm becoming more and more persuaded that the final destination will be Chicago.

After word came out late last week that Bryant had met in Barcelona with Lakers owner Jerry Buss to reiterate his trade request, Broderick Turner of the Riverside Press-Enterprise pushed the story forward by reporting that Chicago and New York were two of the three teams on Bryant's short list of franchises he would accept a trade to.

ESPN colleague Ric Bucher moved the story further forward by reporting Saturday that the third team was the Phoenix Suns, and I'm hearing rumblings that Dallas could make the list, too. I'm also getting strong signals that the "list" will be a fluid thing from Kobe's end.

I've been saying since this story first broke that Kobe could very well wind up with the Bulls or the Knicks. The latest information I'm getting is that Bryant feels the Bulls are a more desirable destination because he feels they're better equipped than New York to compete for a championship.

I expect the Lakers to take one last hard run at placating Bryant by trying to make a deal to bring a top caliber talent to L.A. to join Kobe. I was hearing at Game 4 of the NBA Finals in Cleveland that Los Angeles was making a push to acquire Shawn Marion from the Suns in a sign-and-trade deal that would send Luke Walton, another player and the Lakers' first-round draft pick to Phoenix, provided the Lakers could draft Spain's Rudy Fernandez at No. 19.

In any case, I expect the Lakers to bring a proposed acquisition of some kind to Kobe a few days prior to the draft, and ask if that'll be enough for him to withdraw his trade request.

And if Kobe says no, I expect the wheels to go in motion quickly.

Any trade to Chicago would be a sign-and-trade deal (involving either Andres Nocioni or P.J. Brown) and thus could not be announced until after the free agent signing moratorium ends July 12. But if the parameters of a deal were agreed to before draft night, the Bulls would be picking for the Lakers at No. 9 if that pick were to be included in the package Chicago would be sending to Los Angeles in a Kobe deal.

I wouldn't count Knicks president Isiah Thomas out, and I'd love to hear what he has to say about the idea that the Bulls would be better equipped after a Kobe trade to win the East than the Knicks would be after a Kobe trade, but he's in his bunker and is not speaking publicly. If Isiah is somehow going to be working behind the scenes to change Kobe's mind, that probably won't happen until late this week after Bryant returns from Europe.

Stay tuned.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...sheridan_chris
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #71
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
From Kobe´s Website:

The Truth: A new road ahead

Wassup y'all ...

Man, today is one of those surreal days for me and my family. When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere. But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING. That is plain and simply what it's all about. It's in my DNA. It's what pushes me to work as hard as I do. It's my daily passion and pursuit.

The more I thought about the future, the more I became convinced that the Lakers and me just have two different visions for the future. The Lakers are pursuing a longer-term plan that is different from what Dr. Buss shared with me at the time I re-signed as a free agent. I have seen that plan unfold for the last three years and watched great trade opportunities come and go, and have seen free agents passed on. That has led to the Lakers not winning a playoff series. All of that was frustrating in itself, but then, this week to have someone "inside" the Laker organization try to blame me in the media for us not being a contender right now -- that is what brought me to my current position today.

I want it to be clear that I still love, with all my heart, the Laker Legacy. From Mikan to West to Goodrich to Wilt to Kareem to Magic. That will never change. And the support my family and I have gotten from Lakers fans is undeniably the best. I will also always believe that.

But, now there is a new road ahead. I am gonna keep grindin and keep workin to get back to competing for Championships. Sometimes the trek up the mountain is tough. But, I know we'll get there.

Strength and Honor,
Kobe

http://news.kb24.com/#311
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_6166223

Kobe's old is all new
BY RICH HAMMOND, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 06/17/2007 09:36:49 PM PDT

Any words from Kobe Bryant are treated as gold. Even when those words are 18 days old, it seems.

In a story filed Sunday afternoon, the Associated Press referenced a blog posting made by Bryant on his official Web site, in which Bryant strongly implied a disconnect with the Lakers and a desire to be traded.

The blog statement seemed to reflect published reports this week that Bryant met with team owner Dr. Jerry Buss in Spain and reiterated his demand to leave the Lakers this summer.

The problem is, Bryant's statement was initially posted May30.

Bryant posted his blog that evening, after his whirlwind sports-talk radio tour in which he first demanded to be traded, then seemingly rescinded his demand. The statement has remained near the top of Bryant's Web site for almost threeweeks, the date of its posting changed periodically for no apparent reason.

Several sports Web sites, and at least one local newspaper's Web site, picked up the AP story, the latest bizarre twist in what has become an all-Kobe, all-the-time media circus.

Published reports this week indicated that Bryant and Buss, both on vacation in Europe this month, met in Spain and that Bryant once again said he wished to be traded.

Bryant, Buss and all associated have been publicly quiet since the start of this month. The Lakers continue to pursue possible trades, most notably for Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal, that might appease Bryant.

Trade talks are expected to continue at a strong pace in advance of the June 28 NBA draft.

Rumors have persisted that Bryant might be traded to an Eastern Conference team, with Chicago and New York topping the list of prospective teams, but the Lakers have yet to explore a possible trade.

Last edited by StackAttack; 06-18-2007 at 03:31 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #72
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Nevertheless he wrote it. It makes not much difference for me if he posted it 18 days ago.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 06-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #73
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Nevertheless he wrote it. It makes not much difference for me if he posted it 18 days ago.
It should, when you consider that after writing that, he went on the record retracting his trade demand.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #74
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

This facts show, that he doesn´t know what to do himself and is still very undecided.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #75
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Now this: According to the Arlington Heights Daily Herald, there’s allegedly a video floating around of Kobe in a mall parking lot talking greasy about the Lakers organization. You can see a sneak preview of the video on www.thekobevideo.com, which says they’ll show the whole thing for a fee. This whole thing is just crazy. What else is there to say?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #76
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Kobe in a nutshell. One of the most talented players to ever play pro basketball. I do not like him, he is a spoiled brat and crybaby. Jordan had this talent also and was not a spoiled brat and cry baby.

Kobe demands Shaq off the team, so the Lakers say ok Mr Kobe. I said many times on Yahoo Mavs chat, Shaq at his old age would win another title before Kobe did and i stated Kobe must have a center and he could win a title then. Basketball is a team sport and one man can't win a title. Kobe cost the Lakers a title, the last year Shaq was on the team, and the Pistons beat them as Kobe refused to pass the ball to Shaq. So Detroit trippled team Kobe and frustrated him big time.

Kobe, thought he could win a nba title, one on five and needed no one else. He would then go down better than Jordan, "he thought" , so he blasts Shaq, he blasts Phil Jackson and then Jackson sucked up and the money, he came back and sucked up to Kobe.

This is so funny because Kobe sees he can't win a title without a team around him, so now he starts blasting his team mates, and the Lakers. He is one of the worst spoiled brats to ever come along, a punk. This is what you get when you let one player run the team and now he has ruined the Lakers for a few years to come. I am proud. How can he stay and how can the Lakers kiss his ass up more and keep him happy? Kobe can't even get along with his dad.

Teams taking Kobe, yes you will get one of the best players to ever play basketball but you are getting a time bomb, like Rasheed and no he doesn't do it like Rasheed because Kobe is a brat and sneak. Rasheed acts a fool in public. I have so much respect for Shaq and i have none for Kobe.

Teams he is now being linked to, Phx, Celtics, Bulls, Clippers, Knicks and MN. A sleeper is Memphis where he wanted at one time and West wanted him in Mem but West is on his way out. Steve Nash is like a coach but very humble and likes all his team mates. He blames no one except himself when he loses. So Nash is a god send to a coach. Kobe is also a coach, a bully, a brat and he blames his team mates after a loss, his coach, his organazation. Nothing is his fault plus if Kobe does not get his 40 or 50 a night, he will raise hell.

So these teams that take Kobe, you better be ready to suck up close, and all your other players are nothing, your coach is a nothing and Kobe is and will be your king and what he says, goes or it will be hell to pay. He is not the pretty inocent boy he tries to pretend he is sometime.

I would not touch Kobe with a 10 foot pole. I do not deny his great talent but you must have a team player and other players with alot of talent that will play as a team, like Garnett, J. O'Neil, Gasol, Lewis, Billups. These players can be coached. How can the Lakers keep him after all this?
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #77
StackAttack
Platinum Member

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._with_chicago/

Discussions between the Bulls and Lakers have begun.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #78
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

i wish he'd hurry up and get traded so we don't have to hear about it over and over again on every sports talk radio show and espn segment.
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #79
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I was reading now, if Kobe stays, then "Andrew Bynum" must go. Now Kobe can't stand Andrew Bynum. What is up with Kobe wanting Shaq to leave and now Bynum. Did he get into it with Bynum? I do not know and please fill me in if Bynum and Kobe has had a spat?

I knew nothing of Bynum when the Lakers drafted him and he is real young. Then i saw him against us and some other teams and i liked his play. I thought he would be good and especially he is so young now. He could score good inside.

The Lakers are crazy if they give Bynum away to please Kobe. If they get a great trade for Bynum ok, but the whole Kobe thing, him wanting things at a snap of a finger is crazy. He did this with Lamar Odom and others also.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #80
StackAttack
Platinum Member

My understanding wasn't that he wanted Bynum out necessarily, he just felt as if not giving up Bynum for Kidd was idiotic.