Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

LMAO Hales [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

You are right, Hales. I think we have to get Polynice then.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, i'll start thinking nothing's gonna happen, so if nothing does happen, i won't be let down...
Old 02-21-2002, 04:51 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

no...i don't think anything will happen...however,..i sure hope it does
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:53 PM   #5
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I just hope New York is not envovled, I want Van Exel and Lafrenz. Some did say that it could still be a three way deal, but New York doesn't have that much to offer. One of the NBA guys at ESPN said a smart comment about Bradley going to the Knicks because of there big man troubles. We will have to see, I think something will go down, this deal is very fresh and I have a good feeling about it, just done stone me to death if it doesn't.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:59 PM   #6
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Hales,
His contract then becoems part of future trade to make a cap match.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:01 PM   #7
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Sorry, I was wrong about the time...1 hour to go...
Old 02-21-2002, 05:02 PM   #8
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

<< Someone that has ESPN insider go checkout what their saying. There a link on the front page about Howard going to Denver but you gotta be an insider. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] >>

Just checked it. Insider says nothing. It appears they updated their headline link before the actual content page itself
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:03 PM   #9
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

OK Murphy, I am inclined to agree with you. Rumors spread like wildfire. The only thing that gives me hope is something I heard on Fish. Now I know you are not his greatest fan, but they went to a reporter at the AAc I guess it was. He tried to get to talk to Nellie, and some others on the coaching staff this afternoon. He was shut out, and he also mentioned that he could see Nellie was intently working his phone.
Now that kaes me believe that something is going on. Is it the trade we are all discussing who knows. It may not even come down, but I think they are trying to get something done.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:11 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Here's the ESPN Insider article

AFTERNOON UPDATE: Knicks president Scott Layden and Mavs owner Mark Cuban stayed up late Wednesday night discussing a trade that would send Juwan Howard to New York for Marcus Camby, Shandon Anderson and Charlie Ward.

While those talks stalled, according to the Newark Star Ledger, it appears that they're heating up again as the 6 p.m. trade deadline, this time including the Nuggets. A high-placed Nuggets source has confirmed to ESPN.com this afternoon that Denver is talking with Dallas about a trade that would give Howard, Nick Van Exel and Raef LaFrentz new homes. In addition, the Mavs are still talking with the Knicks about a three-way, including the Nuggets, that would send Van Exel to New York and potentially Camby to Dallas.

Sources say that different variations of the deal exist and some don't include the Knicks at all, instead sending Van Exel, LaFrentz and Tariq Abdul Wahad to Dallas with Howard, Tim Hardaway and Donnell Harvey headed to Denver.

Howard isn't as unmovable as you would think. With many teams trying to get cap relief, Howard suddenly becomes a vehicle toward that end. He has one year remaining on his contract, meaning a team could lop of close to $20 million dollars by the summer of '03. Not too shabby. That's why Knicks GM Scott Layden was so anxious to land the disappointing big man.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:14 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

That's the insider article?

hehe cool. It the same article that's open to everybody on their Rumor board. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks anyway.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:15 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Would Finley be the fifth best player in our starting linup? Its not as stupid a question as you would think. Just a thought.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:25 PM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

Current MagicMetric player Ratings:

Dirk #7
Nash #24
Van Exel #25
LaFrenz #40
Finley #65
Old 02-21-2002, 05:26 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

http://www.magicmetric.com/
Old 02-21-2002, 05:33 PM   #15
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Anybody hearing anything, we got less than 30 minutes, this will be very close, hopefully someone has some new info.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:35 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, i would say 4th or 5th...
would he be the #2 scorer on the team though?..
i think van exel would have to settle for 15 a game..and lafrentz would have to settle for 12-14 a game..
i dont' know..how would this offense run?
it's already having some problems currently with nash and dirk deferring to fin a bit too much..what will it be like with 5 scorers on the team?
Old 02-21-2002, 05:37 PM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Guy on LMF says that a guy on ESPN Message Board that ESPN Radio adn David Aldridge report that deal is done b/w Denver and Dallas only.

For those lawyers keeping track, that would be hearsay within hearsay within hearsay within hearsay.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:39 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

waiting for the trade deadline to come is kinda like the double overtime game...except much more intense...pure intensity for the final 10 hours before the deadline..
i'm trying to tell myself that nothing will happen..just so i won't be disappointed if nothing does...
kinda like telling myself that it's ok if the mavs lost the double OT game..that it's just one game..even though i knew a loss would hurt the team more than a win
Old 02-21-2002, 05:40 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

that's not what i heard dooby..

and sorry for posting twice in a row..i know some find it offensive
Old 02-21-2002, 05:42 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Patience is a virtue - I'm not feeling very virtious right now.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:43 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

i agree mffl...definitely intense...come on..get it done
Old 02-21-2002, 05:46 PM   #22
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Dooby-Adds more cynicism to his post to show he doubts the report he referenced earlier.

Happy Murph? I doubt the report also. But like Fox News, &quot;I report, you decide&quot;
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 02-21-2002, 05:46 PM   #23
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I've done it before, gotten excited about a rumor like this only to be let down.

Right now Im trying to tell myself not to get excited, we'll be fine if nothing happens.

It's very hard.

Go Mavs.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:50 PM   #24
madape
Diamond Member

T minus ten minutes and counting.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:55 PM   #25
foglemann
Golden Member

I am getting way to wound up on this stuff, I can't believe I am so stressed out about this. Man if nothing happens, we know what we have, but it would be let down, all the hipe. Even the whole league, not to many deals that mean anything have gone down, this would mix up things quite nicely and get some more people watching the NBA. We are running out of time.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:58 PM   #26
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

No way Van Exel and Nash start in the same backcourt.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:58 PM   #27
madape
Diamond Member

Rob was right. The deadline is 5:00pm central. They don't have to announch the trade before that time. We could not know until sometime immediatly before the game tonight.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:59 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

still no word..espn is waiting to see if they hear anything about the trade....i say we just cut juwan anyways even if the trade isn't made
Old 02-21-2002, 06:02 PM   #29
foglemann
Golden Member

Van Exel would be great for our back court, a clutch player that can dribble with ease and cuts to the basket great. he would be like the point guard and Nash would be the point guard. It would work fine, and we won't have to give up anybody that is doing that much, timmy is ok, but who cares and Harvey has not been able to play, howard is the only one and Lafrenz can kill Howard's numbers if he wanted to. We will see
Old 02-21-2002, 06:03 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Reports on the radio say Denver has called a press conference. Anyone heard anything on the Dallas end?

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:03 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

to be honest..i don't really know if there's an aspect of howard's game that i like better than LaFrentz's
Old 02-21-2002, 06:04 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

haven't heard anything....and doc..don't know if i've done this yet..but welcome to the board
Old 02-21-2002, 06:05 PM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

he can grow more facial hair? and he has more STDs...
Old 02-21-2002, 06:07 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

this isn't pure shock value...but i'm gonna say that juwan howard is uglier than either sam cassell or popeye jones
Old 02-21-2002, 06:09 PM   #35
foglemann
Golden Member

good call there BBL
Old 02-21-2002, 06:09 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Thanks Murph...the radio program I am listening to out of Waco is just speculating now. I guess they actually had confirmation on the press conference call for Denver. We shall see. Dealines over. At the latest, we will know during pregame if Juwan doesn't show up.

Doc
Old 02-21-2002, 06:10 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

BBL- all the more reason to trade him...ew!
Old 02-21-2002, 06:11 PM   #38
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

On Espn, David Aldridge says nothing is close to happening, but the big trade is the Dallas/Denver deal.

And that everyone is keeping an eye on that one. Well, it's past the deadline, so did it get done or not?

He said Phoenix made a last minute effort (again) to get Marc Jackson, but GS wasn't having any of it. The Suns were offering Bo Outlaw and a pick.

He also said that Miami tried to get James Posey from Denver.

So, there doesn't seem to be the NY/Dallas/Denver deal, if DA can be believed.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:11 PM   #39
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Dallas Press Conference @ 6:00 pm!!!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:13 PM   #40
Dooby
Diamond Member

Let us start a new thread for post-deadline discussion. there are two going on now.