Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default My pick for the 2006-2007 season

Okay, first last year on opening night I picked the Mavs to win the Championship in 7 games at home over the Miami Heat.

Then come championship time, things had to get all screwed up for one reason or another.

So now, I have to make my prediction for this year.

Of course I'm picking the Mavs to win it all, this time in 6 games at home over the New Jersey Nets!!!

Let's have fun watching the Mavs bring it ALL home this year!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

nets....no way
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

...on that note: Toronto over Dallas in 4!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
...on that note: Toronto over Dallas in 4!

yeah seriously..... or the yankees over the sonics in 7 games
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

umm the nets arent that bad and the east is pretty easy this year
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The Nets don't have LeBron or Wade, therefore the refs will make sure that they don't make it to the finals... [ConspiracyTheory501 - get with the program!]

Old 10-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Pismo Beach Panthers over Warriors in 7
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Nets don't have LeBron or Wade, therefore the refs will make sure that they don't make it to the finals... [ConspiracyTheory501 - get with the program!]
But they do have Vince Carter and he gets some calls to.

I think Nets is a solid prediction, but I'm guessing it will be the Cavs or Heat.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
But they do have Vince Carter and he gets some calls to.

I think Nets is a solid prediction, but I'm guessing it will be the Cavs or Heat.

Obviously you don't understand ConspiracyTheory501 - you're thinking of ConspiracyTheory101... Only LeBron & Wade can boost the sales of Wheaties & those new Spalding basketballs... [trust me, David Stern told me himself when I was playing in the Martian Summer Leagues...]

Old 10-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Obviously you don't understand ConspiracyTheory501 - you're thinking of ConspiracyTheory101... Only LeBron & Wade can boost the sales of Wheaties & those new Spalding basketballs... [trust me, David Stern told me himself when I was playing in the Martian Summer Leagues...]
Haha

No, but seriously, Carter will get calls too and with Kidd RJ and Vince the Nets definetly have a chance.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Haha

No, but seriously, Carter will get calls too and with Kidd RJ and Vince the Nets definetly have a chance.

We'll see about the Nets - if a rising Dirk can't get respect against Wade, then niether can a declining Carter...

Plus, I was curious to see if our new user, som2003as, might know a bit about "501" terminology...

Old 10-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #12
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

mavs in 6 over the cavs
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

mavs over the cavs in 7

but I would not bet aginst the nets if Vince plays the year out-barring trade
Old 10-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

My cats breath smells like catfood.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Vince is not declining, he usually just chooses not to play to his potential. The Nets defenitly have a chance, and i would go as far as saying that if Vince decides to finally let it out he is more unstopable than LeBron. Add to tht a great pg in Kidd and other soldi players like Jefferson and Kristic and the Nets have as good of a chance as any1 ofmaking it to the finals.

I would love to see Vince go crazy at least for one season

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 10-20-2006 at 11:35 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #16
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ cosign

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Vince is not declining, he usually just chooses not to play to his potential. The Nets defenitly have a chance, and i would go as far as saying that if Vince decides to finally let it out he is more unstopable than LeBron. Add to tht a great pg in Kidd and other soldi players like Jefferson and Kristic and the Nets have as good of a chance as any1 ofmaking it to the finals.

I would love to see Vince go crazy at least for one season
i have the man's shoes. they make me jump higher.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #18
TexasSportsFan4

TexasSportsFan4 is on a distinguished road

Mavs vs. Cleveland in the finals with the Mavs winning in 6.
TexasSportsFan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are kidding yourselves. If the Cavs get to the finals there is no way they lose it. A mixture between a lebron that close, and stern helping him out is unstoppable.

Mavs over the Bulls in 6
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #20
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

No kidding, I know if Lebron faces us in the finals I will be scared the whole time of seeing some ridiculous calls and wittnessing deja vu. I still think he will make it there though, and im hoping Stern will realize that a team making it to the finals and getting screwed twice would be unfair. Of course this is assuming that he has a conscience.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #21
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Dallas vs LeBron (Mavs in 6)
Old 10-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #22
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Cuban vs. The NBA Refs (Cubes in 4)

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #23
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Monkey see.. monkey doo doo
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:52 AM   #24
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Cuban vs. The NBA Refs (Cubes in 4)

lol, good call
Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 AM   #25
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

since everyone is going only cavs/heat mainly

i'll go...mavs over the pacers in 6

i think the pacers are very underrated squad.

Last edited by nikeball; 10-23-2006 at 03:28 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:53 AM   #26
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
since everyone is going only cavs/heat mainly

i'll go...mavs over the pacers in 6

i think the pacers are very underrated squad.
Hhaah tht would be interestin especially if Quis went off. But i have noticed that Powell is playing nicley.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter