Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 AM   #41
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs can't win the playoffs before they start, but you have to be impressed with the way they came back from the Debacle. Each individual player can be seen nightly working on his own deficiencies, at the same time they get better and better at playing as a team.

Here's what I'm enjoying this regular season.

I enjoy watching Coach calling time outs. It can be 1 minute into the 2nd half against NJ, or with the scrubs in, with a 20 point lead and 2 minutes to go. When he sees something wrong, he corrects it. And anytime he gets a chance to do an inbounds play with a few seconds left on the shot, game or quarter clock, he calls a time out and runs a play.He doesn't miss a chance to use the games to work on stuff like that. Its super impressive.

I enjoy watching Dirk pass up jump shots you know he could make to feed the ball to Damp. Its not just the assist, but the way he's showing trust and building the big guy's confidence.

I love the Mavs learning to lean on Dirk less. Against NJ, with the game tied early in the 3rd quarter, AJ pulled Dirk to challenge his team to regain the lead without him. Next play, Devin steals a Kidd pass to Carter. Diop grabs the ball, throws an outlet pass that Harris leaps for and make an in the air touch pass to Howard for a reverse layup. Talk about building team confidence!

I enjoy watching Lebron get highlight dunks, and score 38, guys like TMaq getting over 30, and LOSING!

I enjoy watching how teams come into the AAC and don't even entertain the thought of winning.

If you are not enjoying this, just look closer. I have a feeling one day you'll look back and say, I remember when...
Old 03-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #42
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
F-em to the national media? That's what they want you to say....

I think that some of us are saying that we're going to look like a bunch of jack asses of the mavs dont win it all. We should keep our mouths shut, the mavs haven't done anything yet.

Historically, the teams with the best regular season record win the NBA championship less than half the time (I heard this on the radio this morning, I don't have numbers..)

For me, I just feel that the more we "enjoy" stupid crap like 51 out of 56, it's going to make us feel like a bunch of idiots when this thing gets de-railed.

While it is true that the Mavs haven't won a championship and that all of this would be for naught if they don't win one...but the truth of the matter is that if you are not going to enjoy the milestones along the way then why the hell do you read these boards until the playoffs or even the championship round? A fan forum is a place for fans to gather and enjoy the success or loathe in the failures of their teams. We can gather and make fun of the trolls, but if the "rain on the parade" comes from another fan then are you doing nothing more than the trolls would be doing. No the Mavs haven't won a championship. No, aside from making the playoffs, the regular season means nothing. But to a fan...a true fan that watched the Mavs suck it up through the regular season and be voted the worst sports franchise of the 1990's...I will enjoy these milestones. Why? Because each milestone is a step towards the championship. If they don't win and reach these milestones then it becomes impossible for them to win that ring. Be a fan...don't be a troll.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
While it is true that the Mavs haven't won a championship and that all of this would be for naught if they don't win one...but the truth of the matter is that if you are not going to enjoy the milestones along the way then why the hell do you read these boards until the playoffs or even the championship round? A fan forum is a place for fans to gather and enjoy the success or loathe in the failures of their teams. We can gather and make fun of the trolls, but if the "rain on the parade" comes from another fan then are you doing nothing more than the trolls would be doing. No the Mavs haven't won a championship. No, aside from making the playoffs, the regular season means nothing. But to a fan...a true fan that watched the Mavs suck it up through the regular season and be voted the worst sports franchise of the 1990's...I will enjoy these milestones. Why? Because each milestone is a step towards the championship. If they don't win and reach these milestones then it becomes impossible for them to win that ring. Be a fan...don't be a troll.
Hey I was there in the 90's at Reunion with my feet up on the seat in front of me because there was plenty of room to spread out, so please spare me tht lecture.

I am GREATLY enjoying the season. We all are.

I'm just saying, the bar has been raised. The expectations are high. We're spoiled. It's impressive how far they've come, it really is. We've been enjoying that part for a while now.

I just think that the Mavs have come as far as they can now, and there's nothing else to "celebrate" until they win a title. They beat SA...they beat Phx...they're the best regular season team this year...they have a West Conf champ banner....

"51 of 56" to me sounds like we're now digging a little too deep for things to celebrate because we're stuck between all that other stuff and the thing that we REALLY want.

Go ask Dirk or Avery what they think about "51 of 56."

see the look on Averys' face in my signature? That's the answer you'd get.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I loves me some 51 of 56.

That said... I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I have been following this team for going on 27 years now... since I was 11. I was glued to the television when the Lakers ended my title hopes in 87. When the Mavs had 7 or 8 wins in the early 90's around this time I spent lunch hours figuring out which teams we could beat remaining to avoid being the team with the worst record in the history of the NBA ever. I remember Kidd's first triple double and thinking that the J's were going to bring my team a title... before that was ended (in part by stupid Toni Braxton. I still lay all the blame on her.... ). And of course I have, like all of you have, watched Dirk turn into the unstoppable beast that he is today.

I'm just sick of ending up also-rans. I'm very happy we are winning. It's very fun to be a Maverick fan right now. But I've been disappointed way too many times by this team to think that it can't be derailed. They don't put the team name on the trophy until the last win of the season.

Blah..... I'm sounding like a sour grape.

Screw it.

We kick butt. no denying it. The title will have to be taken away from us this year.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #45
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Hey I was there in the 90's at Reunion with my feet up on the seat in front of me because there was plenty of room to spread out, so please spare me tht lecture.

I am GREATLY enjoying the season. We all are.

I'm just saying, the bar has been raised. The expectations are high. We're spoiled. It's impressive how far they've come, it really is. We've been enjoying that part for a while now.

I just think that the Mavs have come as far as they can now, and there's nothing else to "celebrate" until they win a title. They beat SA...they beat Phx...they're the best regular season team this year...they have a West Conf champ banner....

"51 of 56" to me sounds like we're now digging a little too deep for things to celebrate because we're stuck between all that other stuff and the thing that we REALLY want.

Go ask Dirk or Avery what they think about "51 of 56."

see the look on Averys' face in my signature? That's the answer you'd get.
There is so much ignorance in comparing yourself...a fan...to Avery Johnson. I want a championship...but this 56 game run is one of the greatest runs in history! They are paid to give that look. I hated it when Don Nelson played the underdog card. Absolutly hated it, but it was true for the most part. The expectations are high. But the spoiled fans are the ones that are poo-pooing on the celebration of what is happening; not the ones finding things to get excited about. Find joy in it. Do you wanna know why? Avery won't say anything about a 51 of 56 game run. He'll say to take it one game at a time and the ultimate goal is a championship. But one game at a time is what needs to be enjoyed, celebrated and then moved on from. What happens if, heaven forbid, the Mavs don't win the ring? Then you've been pissy for the entire season, then you'll be pissy through the playoffs, then you'll be pissy throughout the offseason. That's no way to celebrate YOUR team. What's more, that's no way to converse with other fans on these type of boards.

Now, I'm not calling you out. I really enjoy most of your posts. This thread just bothered me a lot. We should be excited that our MVP candidate, in this stretch, is doing something that even my idol MJ couldn't do. This team is accomplishing feats that no one else has done. That's pretty awesome! Then you got guys like ol' Randy Galloway that says this Mavs team couldn't hold the jockstraps of the 80's Mavs. I'm just greatful for the Mavs, this streak, this time of our lives when we can finally hold our heads high and proclaim to be Mavs fans and actually have some solid ground to stand on.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

anyone who is not soaking all this in is just nuts...chances are very good that we will NEVER see our dear mavs play this well for so long.

enjoy it you idiots.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #47
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
enjoy it you idiots.
my nomination for the mavs new marketing campaign....

Enjoy it you idiots!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos

Enjoy it you idiots!
lol genius.

someone e-mail cuban now!!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:01 PM   #49
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
We should be excited that our MVP candidate, in this stretch, is doing something that even my idol MJ couldn't do.
I agree with almost everything you said until that. First off it's not just Dirk for the Mavs or Jordon for the Bulls. It's the overall team. To try can compare any aspect of what Dirk is doing this year to MJ is rediculous.

I agree though that everybody should be enjoying this run while it lasts. Every elite team in the NBA is just one knee injury away from changing the fortunes of their team. Let's enjoy this run, get into the playoffs and do some damage.

Last edited by DarenG; 03-08-2007 at 04:24 PM.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #50
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos

Enjoy it you idiots!
It's certainly less offensive than "... but you're not a fool, are you?"
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #51
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG
I agree with almost everything you said until that. First off it's not just Dirk for the Mavs or Jordon for the Bulls. It's the overall team. To try can compare any aspect of what Dirk is doing this year to MJ is rediculous.
Overall team? By that logic, these Mavs are better than the 96 Bulls. Is one notion more ridiculous than the other? Get of the guy's back. All he said was that Dirk has done something MJ didn't do, and it's true. MJ was never on a team that won 51 out of 55 games.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #52
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs are doomed! I am so gloomy today.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #53
DarenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Overall team? By that logic, these Mavs are better than the 96 Bulls. Is one notion more ridiculous than the other? Get of the guy's back. All he said was that Dirk has done something MJ didn't do, and it's true. MJ was never on a team that won 51 out of 55 games.
Your right both notions are ridiculous. Either that or we should give a congrats to Damp for doing something MJ has never done either. Being on team that never did something is different then saying someone DID something while singeling out a player.

PS Anybody know what the best stretch over 60 game record is?

Last edited by DarenG; 03-08-2007 at 04:42 PM.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #54
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG
Your right both notions are ridiculous. Either that or we should give a congrats to Damp for doing something MJ has never done either. Being on team that never did something is different then saying someone DID something while singeling out a player.

PS Anybody know what the best stretch over 60 game record is?
The DMN showed that on Wednesdays paper I think. We were like 4th on the list. I'll try to find it.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #55
DarenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
The DMN showed that on Wednesdays paper I think. We were like 4th on the list. I'll try to find it.
Frick. I missed that. How far did it do the breakdowns? Did it show the breakdown through 72?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #56
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well I couldn't find it online. I think I still have the paper at home though. I hope I'm not getting confused with the teams that had best records (because I did find that one online in one of the articles posted).

So hopefully I didn't mislead you. But right now I can't find it.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #57
DavidSternRiggedTheFinals
Banned

DavidSternRiggedTheFinals is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
People, you do realize Dirk is almost 30? Seriously, enjoy the dominance while it lasts. Regular season or no, charish every victory, every day the Mavs are on top of the standings, and certainly every accolade any of the players or coach receive. Because in a few years down the road it will be time to rebuild again. Look how long it took for the Mavs to get this far, how many years. Who knows how long before the Mavs get to this level again, if ever. You know, the Celtics won their last championship 21 years ago... Charish it while it lasts, Mavs fans. I'm sick and tired of this "regular season doesn't mean anything talk." Leave that kind of thinking to Avery and the players. As fans, our job is cheer them on every step - every single step- along the way.
Wow. That was THEE best post i have ever read on any forum when it comes to sports. Im in over 15 differant boston related/mavs forums, and your post beats all of them. The truest statements were just layed down for all of you, so as spiralgoeson says to cherish the mavs games, you should cherish this post; simply because your a mavs fan, just like me.

Last edited by DavidSternRiggedTheFinals; 03-08-2007 at 05:11 PM.
DavidSternRiggedTheFinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #58
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice line...

http://jackssportshumor.blogspot.com...mavericks.html
Quote:
With Tuesday’s 102-89 victory over the New Jersey Nets, the Dallas Mavericks increased their winning streak to 16 games and, amazingly with 22 games remaining, clinched a playoff berth. The Chicago Bears have lost more recently than the Mavs, who are a stunning 51-5 since dropping their opening four contests of the season.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #59
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind people reminding us the Mavs aren't a lock to win the title. I do mind the fear-of-failure attitute though.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #60
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I don't mind people reminding us the Mavs aren't a lock to win the title. I do mind the fear-of-failure attitute though.
exactly. Look guys if you cant be happy when your team is dominating what the hell is the point of being a fan? I may be the type of jackass fan that everyone hates but you best believe that im letting all of my spurs and rocket fan friends here about it now. the spurs fans certainly let me hear it when they were better than the mavs. If your not gonna be happy when your team is dominating and instead just worry about what might happens if, you might as well go do something more productive than watch sports anyway.

This is more of a philosophical thing than sports related but their is a lyric in a gospel song that says "i wont borrow from its(tommorows) sunshine for its clouds may turn to grey." Well if you arent supposed to borrow the happiness from tommorow, you dang sure dont need to borrow from its sadness because that sadness might never get here.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #61
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
It's not so much a fear of failure as it is hoping that history doesn't repeat itself. Because every time I've received hope that my team was going to finally get over the hump in the end that hump ended up being too large.

How do I get myself into replying to this?

I am thoroughly enjoying this season. Let's just keep it going because we have won alot of games but that doesn't guarantee a ring.

I could act like the past doesn't matter to appease you guys. But then I wouldn't be honest with you. And I prefer to be honest. In the end 5x-5 6x-5 whatever number and 5 doesn't amount to anything unless the wins include the playoffs.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #62
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

U2 doing fuzzy math? interesting
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #63
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

In your opinion, it doesn't amount to anything. In my opinion, U2, your opinion is stupid when concerning this subject.

Sure, a great regular season doesn't mean as much if the playoffs end in disappointment... but the regular season is still important to the majority of the fans out there...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #64
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

remember the days when we were ecstatic upsetting the utah jazz in the first round?

man that was fun
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #65
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy it now.

Tomorrow you could get hit by a bus.

What then?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #66
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Sure, a great regular season doesn't mean as much if the playoffs end in disappointment... but the regular season is still important to the majority of the fans out there...
Isn't that what I just said?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-09-2007 at 12:19 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #67
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Avery constantly reminds his team they haven't accomplished anything yet, but he still keeps his team focused on success. That's what I think the main difference is. People around here keep saying "it just might blow up in our faces", which is focusing on failure.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 AM   #68
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's avery's and the teams job to stay focused on the big picture. It's our job to knee-jerk spasmodically to every twist and turn.

Just think what will happen if we don't beat the suns next week!!

ARMAGEDDON!! FIRE AVERY!! DIRK SUCKS!!

And of course the one thing that will happen no matter what.

Quote:
Murphy "stack sucks"
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:01 AM   #69
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I found this interesting.
http://www.nba.com/features/mavs_chase_70.html

Last edited by craggmac; 03-09-2007 at 02:02 AM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 AM   #70
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Wow. The last three Chicago losses were all by one point.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:44 AM   #71
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wow. The last three Chicago losses were all by one point.
That was exactly my thought.
75-7 was possible.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2792545

Quote:
The Spurs extended their winning streak to 11 games with a 100-93 victory at Sacramento. But San Antonio has gained only one game on the Mavericks in the Southwest Division race during its winning streak because Dallas has gone 9-0 during that time, stretching its own streak to 16 wins in a row.

This is only the fourth time in NBA history that two teams in the same division -- or the same conference prior to the divisional era -- had concurrent winning streaks longer than 10 games each. The others were the Lakers (19) and Trail Blazers (11) in February 2000; the 76ers (14) and Nets (11) in January 1983; and the Bucks (13) and Bulls (12) in November 1973.
(http://sturminator.blogspot.com/)

Tags
fluffy banter