Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default MVP and Motivation

I was wondering...what are the benefits of Dirk getting the MVP?

A nice trophy and braggin rights...YEAH!!!

Now what are the negatives?

Perhaps every team wants to be the ones that knock you off in the playoffs...specifically the Suns who would have that much more to prove?

Now if Nash wins the MVP again...what are the positives?

How about the Mavs and Dirk, regardless of what his public statements would be...perhaps they would be just a bit pissed off? Perhaps that would be the final jab in the side that would motivate this team and Dirk to new playoff highs?

My point, if getting the MVP trophy gives anyone else an edge, then I don't want it...if not getting it, gives us a chip on our shoulder and in turn an edge in our favor, then go ahead...National Media, MVP voters...go ahead...get the Mavs pissed off...

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
I was wondering...what are the benefits of Dirk getting the MVP
Absolutely nothing! Just making the fans happy and some nice indorsement contracts for Dirk.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Lets start another MVP thread while we're at it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The benefits will be that dirk will be rightfully recognized as the most valuable player in this season. He will have more confidence than he already has and a more positive outlook.

Sure he'll bust his butt if he doesn't win it because that's all he knows how to do. But the respect and admiration of your peers makes a fella feel good, and feeling good can be half the battle.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-05-2007 at 11:17 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I don't see any benefits but as a fan i'd love for a Mav to finally get one. As far as Dirk goes he probably doesn't care and can't blame him. It doesn't guarantee him a trophy in June. Before Nash I don't even remember who won the award. The real MVP Dirk needs to be concerned about is the one that comes out in June. That's when the MVP award should be given out anyway.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I don't see any benefits but as a fan i'd love for a Mav to finally get one. As far as Dirk goes he probably doesn't care and can't blame him. It doesn't guarantee him a trophy in June. Before Nash I don't even remember who won the award. The real MVP Dirk needs to be concerned about is the one that comes out in June. That's when the MVP award should be given out anyway.
KG, who tore through the league that season. He finally made it out of the first round that year and lost in the WCF.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Really?? Honestly I didn't know KG had a MVP title to his name.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

What does the MVP give Dirk? More status which creates more love from the refs, and that will just make this team better. I just hope he doesn't go all Duncan on us... "What!? A foul? I'm Tim f***ing Duncan!"
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter