Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default 51-5 best 56 game stretch ever???

I heard a report on the Musers this morning that the 51-5 mark for the Mavs over the last 56 games is the best stretch ever in the NBA, NHL...anywhere...

Not sure how valid this stat is, but it's nice to even speculate best ever at anything with the Mavs!!!

Another good point was brought up...National media is having fun picking anybody but the Mavs to win it all...that means that one team has to beat the Mavs 4 times over 7 games, whent he reast of the NBA has only done it 5 times in 56 games!!!

This is truly a fun season to sit back and enjoy the Mavericks!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

"The Mavericks topped the Nets 102-89 Tuesday to become the first team in major pro sports history to amass 51 wins in a 56-game span within a single season." - NBA.com

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

That's insane.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah every kid dreams of winning 51 of 56

Do they get a ring now?

(forgive for raining on this parade but I want the damned rings...who cares about all this crap)
Old 03-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

if only we didn't start 0-4
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Flacolaco (reluctantly ) on this one... who cares about this stuff?

If we lose in the playoffs I better not see a "51-5" banner being raised. Because that and 2 bucks will still only buy you a grande coffee at Starbucks.... plus you'll get some change back so that's always good.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-07-2007 at 12:27 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think it's really an either/or proposition....

it's damned cool that the mavs are winning at an epic streak....their focus and execution makes it all the more possible to finish the deal.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

um, Im excited about it. And I will be excited again when Dirk wins MVP. And I will be excited again when they win the championship.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #9
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I get that the desire is the championship. But there is a regular season to be played before the playoffs, and I think that 51-5 is a testament to how well this team is playing.

It beats being 46-10. Or 41-15.

It breeds confidence. It breeds an aura.

Winning breeds winning.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing exciting to me is that we have a good chance of getting home court in the playoffs. Of course, that didn't do us much good last year. And that <----- is what I am concerned about. 4 loses to a team in the playoffs and this is all just for nothing.

Well, to some it matters I guess. But not to me.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #11
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Its great and all, but it wont mean a thing without a title.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I'm with Flacolaco (reluctantly ) on this one... but I'd much rather have Sike...

oops, wrong thread
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
oops, i tooted....
don't know why we would care really...

Okay... I'll stop.

51-5 is quite impressive. And winning is fun. I sound like I don't appreciate it above but that's not true. I just want to remain focused on what actually matters. In the end the number of wins doesn't matter if you can't get the one true ring. But we do have Frodo.... and Sam. I just hope someone doesn't try and play the role of Gollum.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

everyone says they want to remain focused. its not our jobs as fans to remain focused. that job can be left to avery and his boys. our job is to enjoy the games and there is no better way to enjoy somethin than to be apart of somethin great. enjoy the streaks, records, and dirk and let the team worry about staying focused.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #15
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupyonuts
everyone says they want to remain focused. its not our jobs as fans to remain focused. that job can be left to avery and his boys. our job is to enjoy the games and there is no better way to enjoy somethin than to be apart of somethin great. enjoy the streaks, records, and dirk and let the team worry about staying focused.
I could not have said it better!!!

My point is simply sitting back and enjoying the season. No the Mavs have not been crowned Champions and they wont until they do!!! However, I am all about, as a fan, celebrating the facts as they are...51-6 is pretty darn good...matter of fact, it is so good that it has never been done prior to the Mavs doing it.

It's more impressive than one player scoring 85...after all someone else scored 100 in a game...85 was only the 2nd best total in a game.

It's like watching a perfect game in baseball.

All I'm saying is 51-5 is something that is fun to watch, fun to be a fan of and fun to say 'F-em' to the national media.

So with that, I am simply enjoying the moment...as a fan, I can deal with the playoffs when they get here...it's one game at a time and so far we are have a great time as the W's keep coming!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #16
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupyonuts
everyone says they want to remain focused. its not our jobs as fans to remain focused. that job can be left to avery and his boys.
i'm reminded that i was basically curled up in a fetal position and on the floor through most of game 7 v. the spurs last year....if the Mavs were in any way dependent upon my mental disposition to win games they'd be in grave danger.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

F-em to the national media? That's what they want you to say....

I think that some of us are saying that we're going to look like a bunch of jack asses of the mavs dont win it all. We should keep our mouths shut, the mavs haven't done anything yet.

Historically, the teams with the best regular season record win the NBA championship less than half the time (I heard this on the radio this morning, I don't have numbers..)

For me, I just feel that the more we "enjoy" stupid crap like 51 out of 56, it's going to make us feel like a bunch of idiots when this thing gets de-railed.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's shut down the board until the finals is over.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Let's shut down the board until the finals is over.
LOL. Genious.

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the amazing season we're having, and discussing it. If there's nothing to complain about, then we might as well celebrate something. And the Mavs' season so far is worth celebrating.

I could understand Flac's point if someone is going to other teams' boards and posting stuff like this. THOSE people would look quite foolish if the Mavs don't end up winning it all.

I myself will be catotonic if the Mavs lose their final game of the playoffs this year, but I certainly won't be ashamed to have enjoyed the ride while it happened.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #20
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny how Avery even rubs off on the fans.

I think we should enjoy it. We can only help this team by going nuts at the games anyway.

No one ever said we are a lock for the title.

But in direct response to the comment about how #1 seeds win the title less than half the time, keep in mind that teams that flat out dominate the regular seaon often have an easy time in the playoffs. I'm just sayin'.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Thats true....I think they were saying that teams that have won 65 games or more have always won the title (and that was since the 1980 season or somewhere around there)

and that just makes me more nervous. We don't want the mavs to make the bad kind of history.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #22
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
F-em to the national media? That's what they want you to say....

I think that some of us are saying that we're going to look like a bunch of jack asses of the mavs dont win it all. We should keep our mouths shut, the mavs haven't done anything yet.

Historically, the teams with the best regular season record win the NBA championship less than half the time (I heard this on the radio this morning, I don't have numbers..)

For me, I just feel that the more we "enjoy" stupid crap like 51 out of 56, it's going to make us feel like a bunch of idiots when this thing gets de-railed.
a) I look like a jack-ass about 90% of the time anyway, and I'm quite comfortable with this;

b) 92bdad's analogy re watching a perfect game is great....it's also kind of like watching Sosa and McGuire chase 61 (minus the hgh, of course), or watching Peyton Manning have a ridiculous season one year before he got a super bowl ring;

c) I've enjoyed a helluva lot of mavericks' seasons prior to this one, and we all know how none of those turned out....i'm not going to enjoy this one less just because the mavs have raised expectations;

d) if i had a nickel for everytime some lame-ass spurs fan with a double digit iq says, "Spurs 3, Mavs 0", I'd buy the Spurs and rename them the Dallas-doesn't-want-us-Chaparells. Such a taunt is nigh-on worthless as a basis for an argument, and it's really not terribly different from saying "oh yeah, my favorite rock star gets more tail than your favorite rock star." It's actually kind of gay, now that I think about it.

e) bravado aside, I do so hope the mavs win it all so we can say to all Suns fans "Mavs 1, Suns none...."

cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-07-2007 at 03:24 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats true....I think they were saying that teams that have won 65 games or more have always won the title (and that was since the 1980 season or somewhere around there)

and that just makes me more nervous. We don't want the mavs to make the bad kind of history.
"#1 seeds win the title less than half the time."

"Teams that dominate the regular season often dominate the playoffs."

Hmmm... well if you're going to take both sides of the coin negatively, then I guess you just can't be helped.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #24
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
"#1 seeds win the title less than half the time."

"Teams that dominate the regular season often dominate the playoffs."

Hmmm... well if you're going to take both sides of the coin negatively, then I guess you just can't be helped.
remember these four words....

fo, fo, fi, fo
Old 03-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It'll all come tumblin down if we don't win the 'Ship....still, we are on track of accomplishing the next best thing....i'll take it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #26
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

who wants to wait untill they actually win to talk crap??? that totally defeats the purpose of talking crap in the first place.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
who wants to wait untill they actually win to talk crap??? that totally defeats the purpose of talking crap in the first place.
good point....
Old 03-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #28
you

you is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the rough

Enjoy this great run.

There has never been another team so proficient in any American sport in recorded history.

We all understand that a championship is the goal, and that the season would be incomplete without it. With that said, dont delay your gratification until there are no more games to enjoy. One day Dirk will be gone, Cubes will have sold, and Avery will be coaching the LA Lakers or the Knicks. We will look back longingly at these days. Enjoy them while you have them!
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #29
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I have to pay $200 a year to watch the Mavs play. 51-9 is a lot better than 9-51!!
When I get to watch them play for free (playoffs) 16-12 would be a better record!!
But I think they will be 16-7.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #30
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
51-9 is a lot better than 9-51!!.
the 93 mavs were 6-54 at this point in the sesaon. that was not enjoyable.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't enjoy what the Mavs are doing now... someday you'll look back with regret. This is a tremendous ride the Mavs are currently going through. I'm not going to belittle the regular season accomplishments by saying that they mean nothing without a title. That's simply not true in my opinion. Yes, the finals are more important.... but the regular season isn't completely meaningless with the exception of determining home court....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

sweet.

Let's be the best 57 game stretch ever also.... I hate having this many days off for a game.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That'd be a good start... then how about 58?... 59?.. Dirk MVP? Dirk first team all nba?... Division Champs?... another classic Mavs/Spurs matchup in the playoffs?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
If you don't enjoy what the Mavs are doing now... someday you'll look back with regret. This is a tremendous ride the Mavs are currently going through. I'm not going to belittle the regular season accomplishments by saying that they mean nothing without a title. That's simply not true in my opinion. Yes, the finals are more important.... but the regular season isn't completely meaningless with the exception of determining home court....
damn straight murph. To just completely belittle what is going on is pretty cynical. Enjoy the ride now and the next one upcoming.

Titles are hard...there is never a guarantee, all you can do is play your guts out..right now your team is doing it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #35
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
the 93 mavs were 6-54 at this point in the sesaon. that was not enjoyable.
I went to several of those wins that year and enjoyed them. If I'm going to enjoy wins when we sucked, it's crazy not to enjoy wins when we're totally kicking ass and taking names.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:57 AM   #36
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

It's great that Avery has the Mavs focused on the end of the journey but as a fan you have to enjoy the road there or else it just won't be as enjoyable. Let's savor all of these accomplishments... no matter how many crazy records we break.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #37
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I savor every win, I love all this winning. Enjoy this season, it's the best in Mavs history, and one of the best in NBA history.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #38
you

you is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
It's great that Avery has the Mavs focused on the end of the journey but as a fan you have to enjoy the road there or else it just won't be as enjoyable. Let's savor all of these accomplishments... no matter how many crazy records we break.
Savor the wins, go to the games, cheer and clap like mad when you are there.

Help these guys win the championship in the way that you can: make the AAC an intolerable environment for the competition. Make some noise.
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #39
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't agree with this at all, it sounds WAY too pessimistic imo. Obviously the championship is most important, and we aren't a lock to win it until it's over, but we should still enjoy the historic regular season we are having. And why not enjoy it? We should be even more pumped up because it means our chances of winning it all is even better because our team is playing so well. I won't feel like an idiot for enjoying the ride, however long it lasts. But saying thing like "when this thing gets derailed" is just too pessimistic for times like these imho.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:10 AM   #40
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

People, you do realize Dirk is almost 30? Seriously, enjoy the dominance while it lasts. Regular season or no, charish every victory, every day the Mavs are on top of the standings, and certainly every accolade any of the players or coach receive. Because in a few years down the road it will be time to rebuild again. Look how long it took for the Mavs to get this far, how many years. Who knows how long before the Mavs get to this level again, if ever. You know, the Celtics won their last championship 21 years ago... Charish it while it lasts, Mavs fans. I'm sick and tired of this "regular season doesn't mean anything talk." Leave that kind of thinking to Avery and the players. As fans, our job is cheer them on every step - every single step- along the way.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter