Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Bryant - Dallas...not a good fit

Okay, so here it goes...another opinion regarding the latest rash of rumors surrounding the Mavs and Kobe.

I will admit, he is a talented player on the court...but something kept knawing at me in regards to the Mavs potentially getting Kobe.

So I turned to the wisest basketball/sports mind I know, my 16 year old son.

I told him that I was struggling, because on the surface the thought of Kobe and Dirk on the court with the same team appears to be a no-brainer.

Then my son asked the simple question...when would Dirk get the ball?

He believes that if Kobe where to come to Dallas, that he would take away from Dirk's game and that there is a strong possiblity that Dirk could get frustrated and start making bad shot decisions because of how little he would see the ball.

He stated that Kobe needs the ball more than most players and that he could/would disrupt the "Team" concept.

After that conversation, I felt better...I knew that I didn't want Kobe, but I couldn't figure out a solid basketball reason why...then my son enlightened me on why we do NOT want Kobe.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

KEEPING KOBE IN LINE JERRY BUSS
Tiring of Bryant's act.
October 23, 2007 -- LOS ANGELES - I'm determined not to leave Los Angeles until either Kobe Bryant is blown away by the Santa Ana trade winds or Coby Karl calls Jerry Buss a liar. Some piped-in people out here are convinced Bryant will not be a Laker Oct. 30 when they open the season against the glaringly upgraded Rockets, even if L.A. must accept an inequitable return for the league's preeminent talent; that's how repugnant he supposedly has become to the owner's senses.

Though others in the know concede Bryant's incomparable purple and gold scoring salvos are endangered (even should he remain holed up at the office supply store, Phil Jackson has asked him to slab his beast-of-burden act), they refuse to believe Buss will "just take stuff" to exorcise an evil spirit.

"You can make a (bad) deal any time you want," an opposing team executive said. "If you're willing to just take stuff, what's the hurry? You've got until the late February trade deadline to afford yourself a chance to see if things can be worked out."

You can't get any more logical. Derek Fisher, perhaps the most revered voice of reason of any active player - as evidenced by his union president position - summed up Bryant's "I want to be traded" stance exactly the same way when I asked him for his take.

Unfortunately for the Lakers and their fans, common sense may not apply in this situation. Hostilities between Buss and Bryant appear to have become personal.

Jackson is the lone person who has any shot of disarming this dispute. Both sides trust him more these days than ever before, I'm informed.

Buss is listening to Jackson's advice to keep Bryant if compliant. Bryant may not be a true believer but, for the moment, Jackson has his attention; the Zen Hen is trying to persuade Bryant everything is being done within reason to boost a roster that boasts noticeably more positive qualities than given credit.

First, the Lakers are relatively healthy for an abrupt change. Lamar Odom is the sole exception, and his surgically repaired shoulder is expected to be ready for duty soon.

The young big men have gotten better, especially Andrew Bynum, who Pete Newell says showed the most improvement over a two-summer span than anyone else in his illustrious camp history.

Every small forward must be guarded deep, which opens things up inside, and two of them, Luke Walton and Odom, are the team's foremost precision passers.

The point guard position has gone from undermanned to overstaffed (Bryant, Jordan Farmar, Javaris Crittenton and Sasha Vujacic) and is rich in speed, savvy and shooting.

"Last year Sasha made every shot in practice and couldn't make any in games," Bryant needled. "Now he's putting it together."

And Fisher is providing leadership that has been absent since the moment he signed a free agent contract with the Warriors.

"Derek is holding everyone accountable on and off the court," Walton said. "He's already called two quick team meetings."

I complimented Jackson on the Lakers' depth, ball distribution and new-found devotion to defense. However, something is missing if the team has serious plans to make a playoff indentation past the first round.

"We need a big power forward, someone who can really rebound, block shots and cover people," Jackson said. "We tried to get Kevin Garnett but couldn't."

Jermaine O'Neal qualifies as that type, too. Negotiations broke down over the summer when the Pacers wanted Bynum (off limits) and Odom. There also was a snag involving salaries; Indiana wanted L.A. to assume $5M per more (Troy Murphy's deal) than the contracts they would pick up.

Will the O'Neal trade talk be revived when Odom shows he's healthy? Is another defensive-minded, rebounding power forward available for a couple of L.A.'s assets?

"I'm trying to make Bryant understand it's not over," Jackson said. "Just because the season is about to begin it doesn't mean we've stopped trying to improve."

In the meantime, the above duties are the responsibility of the amply energized and undersized Ronny Turiaf.

As for Bryant, he isn't going anywhere unless Jackson says so. Evidently the entire Buss family - Jerry and Jim, not just Jeanie - has given Jackson personnel power. Everyone working together suddenly rubberizes Kobe's crutch that the front office is the problem. Not anymore. Meaning, the only way Bryant will be traded is he decides not to play defense and team ball.

It's nearly impossible to know what's fake, real, imagined or wishful thinking. So many people are offering so much conflicting info, and Bryant's mind has been known to swivel 180 degrees during one interview.

Bottom line, if Bryant sincerely wants out of L.A., he should stop trying to play GM and waive his no-trade clause.

peter.vecsey@nypost.com

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Yeah right. As if Dirk was someone who could get frustrated by something like that. Kobe took less than 23 shots per game last season! Its not like he shoots and the rest of the team watches. Kobeis a incredibly efficient player!

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

with JHo/JT or JHo/DH gone in the deal to bring Kobe here...you can assure your son that there would be more than enough shots for the two superstars...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kobe and Dirk is a dream situation. They would be the best combo of talent since.....well since Shaq/Kobe

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As for Bryant, he isn't going anywhere unless Jackson says so. Evidently the entire Buss family - Jerry and Jim, not just Jeanie - has given Jackson personnel power. Everyone working together suddenly rubberizes Kobe's crutch that the front office is the problem. Not anymore. Meaning, the only way Bryant will be traded is he decides not to play defense and team ball.
Just in case you missed it the first time.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

did shaq score points?

Last edited by muzak; 10-23-2007 at 10:43 AM.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Just in case you missed it the first time.
peter v. is the king of tools and I doubt most of what he says...

Old 10-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Think championships dude, stop thinking love affair with a player.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie
Think championships dude, stop thinking love affair with a player.
are you referring to the Toni Braxton-Jason Kidd-Jimmy Jackson love triangle, sir?
BECAUSE I HAD JUST FINISHED THE HEALING PROCESS AND YOU RIPPED THAT BAND AID RIGHT OFF!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

what we need is stack not throwing up more bricks.

lol
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Kobe thread #3.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #13
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

only two things need to fit..
1. ball in kobe's hands
2. ball into the hoop
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Would you pass the ball to this man?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-23-2007 at 12:04 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i know there are tons of threads on this already, but i'll add something here.

I DESPISE Kobe. but i'd learn to love him as a mav.

the guy is the most talented player in the league - which includes the ability to pass the ball. he'd share with Dirk.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

the guy is the most talented player in the league - which includes the ability to pass the ball. he'd share with Dirk.
Like Jerry Seinfeld says, we root for the laundry. I hate Kobe in purple and gold. I probably would love him in Maverick blue.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiMav
Like Jerry Seinfeld says, we root for the laundry. I hate Kobe in purple and gold. I probably would love him in Maverick blue.
A blue 24 jersey that does not say Davis (Hubert) on it would be real clean.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

I feel the exact same way.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary

Would you pass the ball to this man?

'nuff said. Funny.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #20
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

92bDad
FYI -- I've got a 15 year old who is nearly 16, and basically at 16 they know nothing ---- so why should I listen to a 16 year old. Now I know they think they know everything, and will tell you they do, but so far I haven't seen it at all. Listening to a 16 year old seems like going backwards to me.

Just joking---- LOL --- he might be correct or maybe not.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely needed its own thread
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 PM   #22
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

We need a thread titled "Do you think Kobe will be a Mav?"
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #23
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I farted the other day while I was mowing the lawn.. Is that worthy of another thread?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #24
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
I farted the other day while I was mowing the lawn.. Is that worthy of another thread?
That is a very interesting question. Hmm. After I thought about it for a while I had to ask my 16 year old son. He asked...."what did he have for lunch?"
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #25
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Dirk does not care how much he gets the ball. He'd love nothing better than to have someone else taking all the shots.

Dirk is probably just about the ONLY star player who wouldn't mind Kobe's ballhogging.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
Dirk does not care how much he gets the ball. He'd love nothing better than to have someone else taking all the shots.

Dirk is probably just about the ONLY star player who wouldn't mind Kobe's ballhogging.
Nope, he doesn't care about touches. As witnessed from how he handled the MVP trophy, all he cares about is the team/winning.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #27
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i just rated this thread "One star" which means "terrible"

hahahahahaha
Old 10-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #28
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
i just rated this thread "One star" which means "terrible"

hahahahahaha
Me too, I just brought the average down to 2 stars =]

Old 10-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #29
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Me too, I just brought the average down to 2 stars =]
Yes! Good work...now things are starting to snowball.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #30
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

...and maybe if you guys keep bumping the thread, it will even go away.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #31
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
with JHo/JT or JHo/DH gone in the deal to bring Kobe here...you can assure your son that there would be more than enough shots for the two superstars...
Exactly. Josh is on the verge of being a ball-hogger too. His further development will also mean that he is going to demand the ball more. Kobe has shown that he is a good distributor, if only he is willing to share. I think he would be more willing to pass it to an open Dirk, than to Bynum, Kwame or Vuvovic.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #32
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I don't think the chemistry would be good. Kobe and Dirk both like to play on the same part of the court and both are not great passers. I don't see how one compliments the other. Meanwhile we lose a slasher and depth with Howard and Terry. Depth is a very important part of this team imo.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
both are not great passers.
seriously? sure, neither one is steve nash, but both have really good court vision and can pass the ball.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #34
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
Yeah I don't think the chemistry would be good. Kobe and Dirk both like to play on the same part of the court and both are not great passers. I don't see how one compliments the other. Meanwhile we lose a slasher and depth with Howard and Terry. Depth is a very important part of this team imo.
Um, last time I checked...Everything about Kobe's game was good. =x

Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #35
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

A good passer will do, as long as he is a passer. Doesnt literally need to be a great one at that.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

LA vs Utah:

Kobe Bryant played 28 minutes and scored a team-high 15 points on 4-for-16 shooting - including an airball from the top of the 3-point arc with 1:52 left in the third and Los Angeles trailing 72-54. The two-time defending NBA scoring champ missed his first eight field goal attempts before ending the drought on a 16-footer with 4:08 left in the first half. He sat out the fourth quarter.

[I love throwing rocks at hornets nests...]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-24-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 AM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we can get him for Ager
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 AM   #38
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

I'll take a bucket of rocks for Ager.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:22 AM   #39
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Yeah right. As if Dirk was someone who could get frustrated by something like that. Kobe took less than 23 shots per game last season! Its not like he shoots and the rest of the team watches. Kobeis a incredibly efficient player!
perception of a ball hog

the man averages 6 assists as well

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:26 AM   #40
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
LA vs Utah:

Kobe Bryant played 28 minutes and scored a team-high 15 points on 4-for-16 shooting - including an airball from the top of the 3-point arc with 1:52 left in the third and Los Angeles trailing 72-54. The two-time defending NBA scoring champ missed his first eight field goal attempts before ending the drought on a 16-footer with 4:08 left in the first half. He sat out the fourth quarter.

[I love throwing rocks at hornets nests...]
After watching the game twice today, I would be so pissed if I was Kobe Bryant playing on that team.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter