Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #121
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
See...I just find it so hard to believe from a television stand point that the last one would be a totally new character. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be someone established and shocking...someone in the fleet?

Maybe it's Jesus!!!!
No I read where Ron Moore said the 5th Cylon is not a new character.

So, in my mind that only leaves the small group that wasn't with the fleet at the time she made that statement. Or she was lying.
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #122
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That quote by D'Anna leads me to believe that Ellen might actually be the one.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-06-2008 at 08:33 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #123
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So..... Admiral Cain WAS part of the 13th Colony and an adviser to the President!

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-16-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #124
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

wat
Old 09-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #125
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
wat
Evidence:
On Earth:

and with the Colonial Fleet:

Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #126
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ah...season 2.

Got it.

You watching that? That's good stuff.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #127
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah.... My brother got into 24 recently so I am borrowing his DVD's as he buys them. I finally finished S1, and started S2 today. Good times.

I swear, the ending to S1 was gut wrenching. I figured she would still be alive.... you know they always end shows with everyone living, at least the people you care about. That was shocking. I can't imagine how powerful that would have been had I seen it when it aired.... knowing I'd have to wait so long to see another one.

Kim in S2 seems a bit off so far. Don't spoil me though. I've only seen 1 episode.

Maybe I should mimic you and create a "Rediscovering 24" thread?

edit: also, I had NO clue that Nina was a (what Mrs. Weasley called Belatrix)! Even though they hinted to it in the intro.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-16-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #128
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I would vote David Palmer for President. Palmer > OBAMA + MCCAIN
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #129
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

January 16th....

http://spoilertv-bsg.blogspot.com/20...-ausiello.html

Quote:
Question: What the frak! Is Battlestar Galactica ever returning? -- Ken
Ausiello: Good news: A Sci Fi source confirms to me exclusively that the last half of season 4 premieres on Friday, January 16, at 10 p.m. Which, by my calculations, puts the series finale (boo-hoo!) at Friday, March 20.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #130
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol look at this.

The toasters have taken over the pumpkins!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #131
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I like the skinjob's better.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #132
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

http://youwillknowthetruth.com/
Old 12-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #133
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

"You have heard my voice countless times, yet you do not know my name."

So whomever it is has been going by an assumed name? That's all I can flesh out from that quote.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #134
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't even have what I feel is a good guess at this point.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #135
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So the new "Last Supper" picture.... Roslin is gone. Is that because she is dead? Or I mean will end up dead?

Those clues really aren't helpful. The 2nd one I was thinking Laura Roslin. But none of the other clues point anywhere around her that I can tell. The Starbuck one is interesting. Is that when she was painting aboard Demetrius?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-04-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #136
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I just watched webisode 1 (of a 10 part series) on scifi.com now.

WHY did they have to go there? I don't even want to watch the other ones. Why do we have to know that? Seriously.

I rewatched ep. 10 last night with my wife (who is now caught up with us all). I am still convinced it's Ellen Tigh. My wife seems to think it's Gaius. Either fits though, because neither was "with the fleet" when D'Anna makes that remark.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #137
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I heard that about the webisodes and didn't even watch the first one.

I'm not sure why it's such a trendy thing to do...or if they faced some kind of protest from some group for not having any characters on the show like that...(actually they have, haven't they? That admiral and the six?)

Whatever...it's needless.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #138
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

11 more days til Grace Park
Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #139
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

a post like that would be worth so much more with pictorial representation.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #140
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
a post like that would be worth so much more with pictorial representation.
@ work. Pics on google images = too steamy.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #141
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So apparently Sci-Fi is doing Battlestar all day long on Friday, starting at 7:30am with the last 3 episodes of season 3, followed by all of season 4 up until the new episode at 9:00pm.

The temptation to call in sick and 'nerd out' all day long is strong.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #142
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I know.... and if I hadn't just watched all 10 episodes with my wife the past couple of weeks I think I would do it.

I am pretty geeked up for Battlestar. Something to take my mind off of failed Dallas sports teams.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #143
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

See, I've been meaning to do the re-watch of those 10 with my wife as well, but I have been pressing pretty hard on my LOST re-watch (all 4 seasons). I have 12 more LOST before next wednesday to get through.

I think we will end up settling for and early dinner in on Friday night, and we'll watch the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 4.1 before the new one at 9pm.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #144
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Do you know what day it is, U2?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #145
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I do. I saw all the webisodes and it's quite *shocking..... and recommended to watch.

* shocking for a webisode series anyway.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #146
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Needless to say.... I'm primed for the season.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #147
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I was just reading some various articles about tonight via Google News.

Various critics from various papers have nothing but completely awesome things to say about it, saying that there are numerous surprises and twists, etc, but they all complain about how Sci-Fi left off the final 3.5 minutes from the press screener, because apparently it's that big of a deal.

And I will try to watch those webisodes later, I guess if you recommend them. How many are there?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #148
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

10, the first couple are kind of annoying.... well they are webisodes so they all are. but the material is somewhat shocking. And let me preface that with letting me distance. But I found it important enough to watch if you are a fan.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #149
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Frak me
Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #150
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well...Mary called it.

And I've seen that theory on countless sites...I feel slightly let down, but that was such a great episode I don't care. Does that mean that she's coming back to the show?

And the stuff with Kara...yeah. What's that? How creepy was that?

Is anyone else starting to think that maybe they're just all Cylons....
Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #151
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is anyone else starting to think that maybe they're just all Cylons....
I never thought of that...but it certainly fits "all this has happened before, and will happen again" or whatever.

That was great...I'm so glad its back.

I was spoiled about the Kara body thing, but not about Dualla. She's a spare character....won't miss her.

Burning the prophecy was pretty hard core.

The Ellen thing was easy enough to figure out...the producers had eliminated most of the cast through their hints.

I'm glad Tigh has a new reason to live.

I'm feeling guilty for thinking Gaeta was super creepy.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-16-2009 at 11:30 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #152
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So...what is Kara?

I'm just starting to think of the story...

The 13 tribes left Kobol in search of a new home. 12 of them settled and became the 12 colonies, blah blah...One left to find earth. They're the 13th colony.

So now it turns out the 13th colony were Cylons all along....but the rest of the colonies weren't? How does that make any sense?

I am excited. That was awesome (and intense...and dark...really DARK) and somehow they have to wrap this up in 9 more hours?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-16-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #153
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They had me with Dualla, btw. I totally thought they were revealing it right there...she found the jacks and she cried (I thought maybe she remembered her old life on Earth) and now she's in a good mood, they said she was "glowing"

And then they took it the other way.

And that's when I started thinking..."okay...maybe she WAS the 5th, and she realized it and killed herself!!" Which I thought would have been a totally unexpected way to go with it...

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-16-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #154
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If Kara is a cylon, I don't think she is the same kind as The Final Five.

Tigh and Ellen weren't resurrected, they were "born". They age.

Have the cylons ever used "born" to describe resurrection before?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 01-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #155
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay that was dark, huh? I knew it was Ellen when D'Anna changed the number of final 5 in the fleet to 4. The only other explanation was either Kara or Baltar(or Roslin, or Helo), and I convinced myself that was not going to be the case. Although the Kara body thing freaked me out. I hope we will find out more on that end.

How is Caprica pregnant with Tigh's baby also? Can we revisit that?

What I don't get though, is how did they determine the 13th colony bones were Cylon bones? or whatever. I don't get that. They lost me on that point.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-17-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #156
nikeball
Platinum Member

Throughout the last episode i kept thinking the last one was Starbuck. I mean it all fits. She died crashing to Earth. Then she was Cylon-reborn and got a new ship. Then the last minute. Tigh's wife Ellen.

There better not be 100 loose ends or an open-ended series finale because that would make me very angry.

Also..how did Gaeta lose his leg? I don't remember that at all.

edit: I wish Sharon Valerii was the mother of my children.

Last edited by nikeball; 01-17-2009 at 11:04 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #157
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
What I don't get though, is how did they determine the 13th colony bones were Cylon bones? or whatever. I don't get that. They lost me on that point.
At this point..what is the difference between Cylons and humans? Apparently...these "frakking machines" bleed, have babies, get sick, die, and decompose into skeletons...where's the machinery, exactly? Where's the electronics? What is the difference? (and is that going to end up being the whole point?)
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #158
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Throughout the last episode i kept thinking the last one was Starbuck. I mean it all fits. She died crashing to Earth. Then she was Cylon-reborn and got a new ship. Then the last minute. Tigh's wife Ellen.

There better not be 100 loose ends or an open-ended series finale because that would make me very angry.

Also..how did Gaeta lose his leg? I don't remember that at all.

edit: I wish Sharon Valerii was the mother of my children.

I think he got shot by Sam when Kara was on her earth-finding mission and the crew was about revolt against her.

That's what I remember, but I could be wrong.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #159
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
At this point..what is the difference between Cylons and humans? Apparently...these "frakking machines" bleed, have babies, get sick, die, and decompose into skeletons...where's the machinery, exactly? Where's the electronics? What is the difference? (and is that going to end up being the whole point?)
Let's see.... their spinal cords light up when having sex?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #160
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Thanks alot Flac. You jerk. I am going to stop watching now.

Tags
excellent television, your mom is a cylon