PJ Brown or Speedy Claxton

Dallas

C Dampier-Mbenga-Podkolzin
PF Nowitzki-MLE-Hendu
SF Marion-Finley-Daniels
SG Howard-Stackhouse-Finley
PG Terry-Harris-Daniels

Towel/Water Boy Bradley

Mavs get the matrix. Reboung, scoring, inside outside threat. We get a good deal for KVB

Phoenix

C Maagloire-Voshkuhl
PF Amare-Brown??-Hunter
SF Richardson-Jackson
SG Johnson-Richardson-Jackson
PG Nash-Claxton??-Barbosa

Phoenix gets the Center that Amare has been asking for. And they add a lot of depth.

NO

C SCRUB-Scrub
PF Brown??-Anderson
SF Van Horn-Scrub
SG Smith-Scrub
PG Dickau-Claxton??-Scrub

Rebuilding NO gives A LOT of PT for their future. Smith and Dickau and their pick this year. And they clear a ton of cap space for next seasons free agency. Not to mention they'll likely get another lottery pick next year. In 2 years they'll be decent again.

Discuss...
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dal/NO/Phx

If NO would give up Magloire for KVB --- then why would we trade for a SF when already have a young SF in Howard, and Vets in Finley/Stackhouse.

IMO, If this is the deal, let Phoenix keep the Matrix, and get Magloire in here. Rotation of Nowitzki/Damp/Magloire at the 4/5 and have more minutes for the rotation of Daniels/Howard/Stackhouse/Finley.

I agree that the Matrix is good, but unnecessary with Howard/Nowitzki on the team. Magloire could be a coupe though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want any part of a trade that sends Magloire and Brown to PXH...I'd rather have that combo than Marion.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dal/NO/Phx

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
If NO would give up Magloire for KVB --- then why would we trade for a SF when already have a young SF in Howard, and Vets in Finley/Stackhouse.
Bec. the matrix can also play a little 4. He could probably do it all night if the mavs wanted to small. And for Centre if Mbenga and PPoD aren't ready to step up yet. We could probably get Dan Gadzuric with the MLE.. not to mention, Stack or Marquise are dispensible now, we can easily trade either for a big man.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We could probably get Dan Gadzuric with the MLE.. not to mention, Stack or Marquise are dispensible now, we can easily trade either for a big man.
I doubt we get Gadzuric...although I think he would be great here.

I agree that Stack and Marquise would be dispensible then, but the "easily trade either/both for a big man" I question. What quality "big man" could you get with either or both of them? Reason I ask, is because even now, if you moved both of them, you would still have Terry to back up the 2 and KVH to backup the 3.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 06-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Azn_Baller101
Quote:
Bec. the matrix can also play a little 4. He could probably do it all night if the mavs wanted to small. And for Centre if Mbenga and PPoD aren't ready to step up yet. We could probably get Dan Gadzuric with the MLE.. not to mention, Stack or Marquise are dispensible now, we can easily trade either for a big man.
I definitely don't agree with your conclusions, but even if true why help Phonenix get even better?

I say no to this trade a thousand times over. If NO wants to give up Magloire and PJ for KVH then I'll take that deal any day. Only trade I do with Phoenix has to have the Mavs getting a much better deal than Phoenix, and then why would Phoenix do that?
Old 06-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #7
Azn_Baller101

[quote]
Quote:
We could probably get Dan Gadzuric with the MLE.. not to mention, Stack or Marquise are dispensible now, we can easily trade either for a big man.
Quote:
I agree that Stack and Marquise would be dispensible then, but the "easily trade either/both for a big man" I question. What quality "big man" could you get with either or both of them? Reason I ask, is because even now, if you moved both of them, you would still have Terry to back up the 2 and KVH to backup the 3.
uhh... KVH goes to NO remember? Terry would be at the 1 full time, because you'll have a combo of Fin-Stack or Fin-Daniels at the 2.

Also i think a bunch of trades with bigmen invovling stack are possible.

Foyle for Stack or Daniels??
Kandi/filler for Stack or Daniels??
etc. etc. etc.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said, you simply don't do this kind of trade because it helps a conference rival more than it helps the Mavs.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
uhh... KVH goes to NO remember? Terry would be at the 1 full time, because you'll have a combo of Fin-Stack or Fin-Daniels at the 2.

etc. etc. etc.
I apologize...I made the KVH as a backup SF thought, thinking w/o this trade happening. If this didn't happen, they still need a Big, and IMO, have Stack/Daniels as assetts.
Quote:
Reason I ask, is because <u>even now</u>, if you moved both of them, you would still have Terry to back up the 2 and KVH to backup the 3.
So Matix starts and Howard goes to the bench? So you upgrade the SF position? ( I like Marion, but don't see the logic from a coaching perspective).

IMO, I don't see Kandi or Foyle as upgrades to the C position either. Both are of the slow, unathletic style that hurts us now that Shaq is in the East. The West, except for Yao has moved to the athletic, quick PF type centers -- and currently the Mavs don't have anyone who can guard them.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #10
Azn_Baller101

Quote:
Quote:

etc. etc. etc.
I apologize...I made the KVH as a backup SF thought, thinking w/o this trade happening. If this didn't happen, they still need a Big, and IMO, have Stack/Daniels as assetts.
Quote:
Reason I ask, is because <u>even now</u>, if you moved both of them, you would still have Terry to back up the 2 and KVH to backup the 3.
So Matix starts and Howard goes to the bench? So you upgrade the SF position? ( I like Marion, but don't see the logic from a coaching perspective).

IMO, I don't see Kandi or Foyle as upgrades to the C position either. Both are of the slow, unathletic style that hurts us now that Shaq is in the East. The West, except for Yao has moved to the athletic, quick PF type centers -- and currently the Mavs don't have anyone who can guard them.
Kandi or Foyle wouldn't be upgrades.... they'd be back up to Damp.

J-ho can play some 2 too...

we can have a lot of variations with the 2 and 3 depending on the need.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:20 PM   #11
Azn_Baller101

double post... oopsies
Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 PM   #12
Azn_Baller101

Quote:
Originally posted by: Azn_Baller101
Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
As others have said, you simply don't do this kind of trade because it helps a conference rival more than it helps the Mavs.
Not in two years it doesn't.

Assuming Nash would be on the verge of physically breaking down.

And Magloire clearly stated that he wants to go to Toronto after his contract expires. And i'm sure that he'd be big here in Canada. And they'd have difficulty matching offers to Magloire when that time comes to. They'd have Nash and his near max. And JJ and Amare with their Maxes. not good.

so basically that leave Phx in 2 years with a washed up Nash, with Q, Amare, and JJ. That team isn't going anywhere. Not with out marion being a key piece to their small ball.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #13
Finley4ever

Finley4ever is on a distinguished road

This trade helps Dallas a lot too, so Phoenix would probably be hesitant to do it. I don't see why they wouldn't just trade Marion for Magloire and Brown or Claxton, leaving Dallas out altogether. That trade is better for both the Suns and the Hornets.
Finley4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:55 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And Magloire clearly stated that he wants to go to Toronto after his contract expires. And i'm sure that he'd be big here in Canada. And they'd have difficulty matching offers to Magloire when that time comes to. They'd have Nash and his near max. And JJ and Amare with their Maxes. not good.
Phoenix would have Magloire's Bird rights and could match any offer presented to him. They could even offer him a year more than anyone else. But even if it only gives Phoenix a team that beats the pants off us for the next 2 years insuring that we have no chance at a championship, until 3 years from now, I still don't do it.

But nowhere is it written in stone that Nash will be all washed up in 2 years or that even if he is there won't be a replacement for him. And nowhere is it written in stone that Magloire will take less money to go to Toronto. That's all speculation, and just as easily the chemistry with Marion might not work or Marion might have a career ending injury or any number of things.

The point being if you are a team that won 58 games this past season you don't help the team that knocked you out of the playoffs get better than you even if you only believe it will be for 2 years. Mavs have a legit shot at winning it all in the next 2 years, we should be doing things to help that come about not making it harder.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:58 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Finley4ever
This trade helps Dallas a lot too, so Phoenix would probably be hesitant to do it. I don't see why they wouldn't just trade Marion for Magloire and Brown or Claxton, leaving Dallas out altogether. That trade is better for both the Suns and the Hornets.
If the Suns could get Magloire and PJ Brown by giving us only Marion they'd do it in a heartbeat. All Phoenix needs is a good center and a little bigman depth and they'll have what they need to be a favorite for a championship. Marion is only necessary to that team if they don't have a very good big man, and Magloire is definitely very good.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Kandi or Foyle wouldn't be upgrades.... they'd be back up to Damp.
The Mavs have backups for Damp-- who don't see floor. Why do the Mavs need two more that does't give them a strength that Damp doesn't have? IMO, they should always be looking to upgrade -- from weakest to strongest. IMO, Center is the weakest position, as a whole, on the Mavs team.

The upgrade from Howard/KVH to Marion/Howard, IMO is much smaller than the upgrade from Damp/Bradley/Rookies to Magloire/Damp/PJ Brown (with Bradley and the Rookies getting clean-up minutes). And then you would have a semi-athletic center in Magloire who has an offensive post-up game, you would still have Damp to bang with Yao, and you would have the vet leadership of PJ who would also be the backup PF to Dirk. NO would still get their expiring contract.

I don't see NO doing this at all, but I think the Mavs would have to do KVH -- Magloire/Brown. Even if they really like, and I do, KVH. Personally, I wouldn't do the other one with Marion though because I can't imagine beating that team with Nash, JJ, QRich, Amare, and Magloire with PJ off the bench for frontline depth.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #17
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

The Hornets have definitly some interessting players. On top are the bigs Magloire, Brown, Anderson who would be good fits for the Mavs.

21 Jamaal Magloire C 6-11 259 05/21/1978 Kentucky '00 4
42 P.J. Brown C-F 6-11 239 10/14/1969 Louisiana Tech '92 11
15 Maciej Lampe F 6-11 275 02/05/1985 Poland 1
12 Chris Andersen F-C 6-10 228 07/07/1978 Blinn Coll. TX (J.C.) '99 3
4 Jackson Vroman F-C 6-10 220 06/06/1981 Iowa State R
33 Lee Nailon F 6-9 238 02/22/1975 Texas Christian '99 4
10 Bostjan Nachbar F 6-9 221 07/03/1980 Slovenia 2
9 George Lynch F 6-8 235 09/03/1970 North Carolina '93 11
30 David West F 6-8 226 08/29/1980 Xavier (Ohio) '03 1
32 Casey Jacobsen G-F 6-6 215 03/19/1981 Stanford '03 2
23 J.R. Smith G 6-6 220 09/09/1985 St. Benedict's Prep (Newark, NJ) R
2 Dan Dickau G 6-0 190 09/16/1978 Gonzaga '02 2
5 Speedy Claxton G 5-11 170 05/08/1978 Hofstra '00 3

But the others could fit with the Mavs too. Lynch, Nailon, Nachbar, Claxton, Dickau, West, Smith, Lampe, Jacobson or Vroman all can fit. It depends on who The Mavs lose.
Here are my tradable(sp) Mavs:
Finley
Stackhouse
Daniels
Bradley
Mbenga
Van Horn
TAW
Podkolzine
Dampier
Henderson
Armstrong

I would tell the Hornets that I want Magloire and give them this list so they can look who the want.
I don't know anything about the salarys but maybe something like:

Finley or Stackhouse
van Horn
Daniels
Bradley
TAW
maybe Mbenga

for

Magloire
Brown or Anderson
Lynch
Jacobson
I don't know maybe one or two of:
Nailon, Nachbar, Dickau, Vroman or Lampe or a pick?

Than add somehow a shooter and someone (a projekt) and you have something like:

Mavs
Terry
Harris
Fin or Stack
Jacobson
Howard
Lynch
Dirk
Anderson
Magloire
Dampier
Podkolzine
Maybe Dickau
and Nailon
shooter
projekt

Terry/Harris/Dickau
Fin or Stack/Terry/Howard/Jacobson/shooter
Howard/Lynch/Fin or Stack/Nailon
Dirk/Brown or Anderson/Nailon
Magloire/Dampier

And the Hornets look like this:
Brown/Bradley/Vroman/Mbenga
van Horn/West/Nachbar/Vroman/Mbenga
Fin or Stack/Smith/West/Nachbar
Smith/Fin or Stack
Daniels/Claxton

Claxton
Daniels
Smith
Fin or Stack
van Horn
Brown
West
Nachbar
Mbenga
Bradley
Vroman
TAW
picks
etc.

I think they can build a good taem in the east.

Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:18 AM   #18
LRB
Guru

Why on earth would we want to trade for Dickeau???? We just got rid of that spare to the hornets last year. Sure if we have to take him to get Magloire, I can see that. But Dickeau does nothing for the Mavs except occupy a spot on the IR all year.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #19
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

The last thing we need is a SF. WE already have too many. Also magloire is too similar to damp. He is not that much qiucker. We need a big man to come of the bench and be quick enough to defend the duncans and you know. If we can trade damp for magloire, then i am for it. But i doubt New Orleans are THAT stupid.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #20
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

LRB, you are absolutely right. PLUS we gave up a second round pick to get rid of him and get Armstrong. Dallas will look stupid if we got him back.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #21
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

LRB
It's not a trade for Dickau!

Lebanese
Well if Stack, Daniels and van Horn are gone we need a SF. And I wouldn't mind Lynch.

And the players are changable maxbe we can get Brown instead of Anderson and (for LRB) they keep Dickau.

And as I said, I have no clue about the salarys, it was just an idea.
I just wanted to say that there are a lot of possibilities to trade with the Hornets and I would be interested to know what they would want from the Mavs.

edit
Sure they have to give Magloire in this senario.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:21 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

Anderson is a FA. We can just sign him outright.