Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default Revisiting the Jason Kidd scenario

Having a point guard can do wonders, as this season has shown...

According to realgm, the following trade works -

To NJ:

harris
stackhouse
bradley

To Dallas:

kidd

NJ does this because they get a young point guard in harris, veteran to come off the bench in stackhouse and a big man in Bradley.

Mavs do this because..well duh.

Projected mavs 05-06 lineup

kidd(33)/terry(15)
daniels(30)/terry(10)/finley(8)
howard(35)/finley(13)
dirk(35)/van horn(13)
dampier(30 or longer if he can stay out of foul trouble)/van horn(10)/mbenga,pavel,henderson(8)

Terry switches to a nick van exel role..finley's minutes are limited. The bench looks solid in this scenario.

Thoughts?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Revisiting the Jason Kidd scenario

But why would NJ take a swingman when they need frontcourt people. They have Carter and RJ. Kidd fits and is a fan favorite. They need a frontcourt, and Bradley doesn't really constitute a frontcourt.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Revisiting the Jason Kidd scenario

Bradley, Jason Collins, Krstic and draft another big guy? that gives them 4 big guys..

Have Stackhouse come off the bench and get all the backup minutes at the 2 and 3. He is also an insurance policy in case carter or RJ get hurt this season.

I really think the Nets have crippled themselves, by having 3 max guys on the roster. This frees up a lot of money for them down the road too :-p
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kidd would have to be adamant and cause issues for NJ to trade him away. They are really just a player or two from being right back in it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

No way they give someone like Kidd for so less. You gotta give them a lot more.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

My lithmus test for a Kidd trade is that I have to be able to look at the resulting roster and confidently say to myself: "that team will be the clear favorite to win the title this year". Age, injuries, and contract concerns necessitate as much. This one comes close.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

can't lose Harris to obtain a player with what, 3 good years left?

I just dont see any move for a point guard that could make the Mavs "the clear favorite".

I don't trade Dirk (except for KG), Howard or Harris....the rest is fair game...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:37 PM   #8
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Way too much, no way you trade Harris for Kidd. Jet and Stack? Yeah, do that, but you do not trade Dirk, Devin, or Josh.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #9
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

If we ever trade Devin, it will be a huge mistake. This kid is gonna be awesome, and trading him for an old, busted knee and poor shooting PG is just nuts.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:32 PM   #10
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

There's obviously a lot to love about Jason Kidd on the court, but I think I would hold off on this particular trade. The main reason is because I happen to think that within two years Devin Harris is going to be a star.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #11
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

I like the Terry/KVH for Kidd/Robinson trade that someone mentioned in another thread. It gives the Nets alot of flexibility with the expiring contracts. NJ might could find a better deal talent wise, however Terry/KVH aren't exactly roadkill.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #12
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to bring this guy back up but if the Nets wanted to get rid of Kidd's big salary would they consider:

Kidd/C. Robinson/Vuaghn or Planicic

Harris/Danials/KVH

This trade would cost Cuban 30 mil extra over the life of the contracts which is not too bad. For NJ, it gives them a starting 1, and 4 and a nice young player off the bench so they could role with:

Harris/VC/Jefferson/KVH/Kristic Danials\#15\resigned Jarron Collins\Vaughn or Panicic off the bench

I don't know if it makes them better than with Kid, but it probably makes them about the same and next year they would have max money free. I can't see them even making a push even if they lucked into a good player at #15 and got a decent player with the MLE.

For Dallas:

Kidd/Terry/Vaughn
Fin/Stack
Josh/Cliff
Dirk/Hendu
Damp/MLE athletic center

That is a rebounding machine and improved defensive team oh and we don't have the glut of 2/3's to worry about anymore.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #13
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

i would to try to get kidd cuz he makes everyone better and those are some good trades
Old 06-22-2005, 07:57 AM   #14
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah This is What this team needs ............

KIDD, JASON
1/01
Now, Kidd faces a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge for striking his wife during an argument at their home in Paradise Valley on Thursday evening. "There's just a bad history here," Joumana Kidd told police on a 911 call. "I told him this would be the last time, and he popped me right in the mouth." Kidd appeared alongside Phoenix Suns owner Jerry Colangelo and made a brief statement to reporters Friday. "I love my wife. I love my family," Kidd said. "This is a situation that is embarrassing to me." Now, Kidd faces a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge for striking her during an argument at their home in Paradise Valley on Thursday evening. Police who responded o the call from the Kidds' home in Paradise Valley, an affluent suburb, said Joumana Kidd had a swollen lip and was bleeding inside her mouth. Police said Kidd admitted striking her. He was arrested on suspicion of domestic abuse, appeared before a magistrate Thursday night and was released to the custody of his attorney. The Suns had yet to decide whether Kidd would play in Friday night's game against Golden State. Colangelo, who has dealt with other cases involving alleged domestic abuse by his athletes, has described such incidents as part of a serious societal problem. Kidd's arrest was a shock because the pair had been held up as a model pro sports couple. Together they had been hosts of a local telecast of the annual New Year's Eve celebration in Tempe. In the 911 call, Joumana Kidd said she didn't need medical attention. "Don't worry about me," she said. "This is minor compared to what I usually go through." Kidd said he couldn't comment on whether anything like this had happened before, but said, "I have issues that I have to work on." Kidd had a run-in with police while a student at California, and he had a turbulent early career with the Dallas Mavericks, but had been a model citizen publicly since he came to the Suns. On the 911 tape, Kidd can be heard shouting in the background. Police said that Joumana Kidd was crying when they arrived following the 5:44 p.m. 911 call. She said she and her husband had been arguing since he got home. About 5 p.m., Joumana Kidd said, she decided to go to the gym and asked Jason if he would watch and feed their 2-year-old son, T.J. Police said Kidd took a french fry from the boy's plate, and his wife told him not to eat the child's food. "Jason then turns toward Mrs. Kidd and spits the french fry at Mrs. Kidd, striking her in the face," the police report said. "Mrs. Kidd turns away from Jason. Jason then strikes Mrs. Kidd in the face while holding a container of yogurt in his hand." Police said Joumana Kidd ran upstairs to her bedroom and locked the door, but her husband kicked the door open. She said she went to the bathroom and locked the door again. Mrs. Kidd called police, but hung up before authorities could answer. Paradise Valley police called the number, and talked to Jason Kidd first, then his wife. He offered no resistance when informed of the arrest.

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #15
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I like the clean image of the team. We have no bad apples.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #16
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about

Talented or not, is on his third team in his career. With all of that talent, teams always find it better to trade him, then keep him.

This is a statement of his personal issues, not of his skill. Talking of skill however, he is getting old and his knees are a issue. Why would we trade young up coming talent for old and fading talent?

I would not mind getting Kidd, but not at the expense of our young guys. I think the most that I would give up for him would be Terry and Bradley or KVH, though we would have to get more then just Kidd in the Terry and KVH deal.

Trading old for youth is what rebuilding teams do, I do not think that we are "rebuilding"
Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:35 PM   #17
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

That is also what teams on the verge of a championship do.

We have to many shooting guards and as talented as Danials is I have no problem moving him because he can't shoot. Harris is talented but we hope he will become a 14/7 guy, well Kidd is a 14/8/7 guy from the 1 spot. That is with bad knees. I would trade a lot for one championship and to no longer have to put up with those stupid spurs and rockets fans.

As for his character, he is still with his wife and has not been arrested since nor has she shown other signs of abuse. If she can stay with him, and he keeps clean, I have no problem with him playing for my team.

Before his contract was impossible because we feared the new CBA, but now we don't so much. The only question is will he be able to stay healthy for 4 years.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #18
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Jason Kidd went to therapy after these incidents with his wife, and after that he's become a totally cool guy. He's a guy who trains with the team during the offseason pretty hard and I think he'll be better than this year, as soon as he has had a whole offseason injury-free.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #19
TheBlameGame

TheBlameGame is on a distinguished road

Wife beaters don't just stop beating their wives because they went to a few court mandated therapy sessions.

Count me in as someone who didn't want Jason Kidd on my team. I don't care how good a player he is as far as I am concerned he doesn't deserve to be in Dallas.
TheBlameGame is offline   Reply With Quote