Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-24-2005, 02:13 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Dal/Char Trade

Dallas Trades

Jerry Stackhouse

Charlotte Trades

Primoz Brezec
#13 Pick

Why Dallas does it: Flexibility. Although Brezec isn't an Amare stopper, he's proven he'd be decent as a backup. Also, Dallas could draft or trade the 13th pick. Andriuskevicious maybe available for those interested.

Why Charlotte does it: Homerism. Charlotte, right now, is desparate to get a hometown person on their team. Also, they'd get a 20ppg scorer in Stack. Besides, Charlotte's not going to want to pay Brezec when he becomes a FA, and they'd still have the 5th pick.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2005, 02:37 AM   #2
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dal/Char Trade

We wish. That would be a killer deal for the Mavericks, I seriously, seriously doubt the Cats would do it.

Primetime would make for a nice backup to Dampier. #13 could land us Korolev, that would be great.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:34 AM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

this trade never happens in a million years, we would have to give up at least 2 good players for primoz AND #13.

primoz will be a stud in a few years.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

How does this take place? As far as I can tell, it isn't anywhere near CBA rules, past or present. Stack makes 5 times more money, and the #13 doesn't have monetary value. It would take more work, just to get the trade to work. I know that Charlotte is probably under the limit, but they also only have 3/4 the cap space this year. \

<edit>
I have done enough research -- Charlotte is far enough below the cap for this year to do this. It would work under the current CBA, and the new one.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Dal/Char Trade

I am not sure if Charlotte does this deal, but Stack is our most likely to be traded guy this year.

Would you do the deal without the #13 included?
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:06 AM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The reason i originally proposed this trade is to take advantage of a situation. Right now, Charlotte's about to open it's new arena next season, and they also need ticket sales and higher ratings in the local area. They feel it's best to find a guy that grew up and/or played ball in Carolinas since NC is really big on college basketball, and the local news is saying that they're trying to draft someone from the ACC, mainly Paul and May. And Stackhouse is still a big name b/c of his UNC days and he does charity events in the local areas.

And uberfan, yeah i would. I've seen a lot of Bobcats games, and Brezec has nice range and can finish pretty well around the basket.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote