Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-18-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough
Default Darko

read this and tell me that Donnie isn't interested.

There has been talk the Pistons will try to include Darko Milicic in some trade package this summer. Milicic, who turns 20 on Monday, has dropped hints about returning to play in Europe after next season, when the Pistons have the option of extending his deal.
-- Chicago Tribune

Man do you really think that they might take on another project knowing how much they like this guy?
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Darko

If Darko comes, then we dump Benga or Pavel. I love Darko, and would like to have him, but it won't happen. He'll probably get picked up by Atlanta or some other team where he can start.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Darko

I don't know about starting, but for now he just needs a chance to get consistent minutes. I'm all for acquiring him in a trade.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I can't see the Pistons letting him go yet, regardless of how unhappy he or Larry Brown is.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Larry is robably leaving, and Flip Saunders is probably comming. I beleive Saunders will give him a chance and will allow him to develop. He needs playing time and he will get it.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

I don't think I have seen this guy play a single minute in his career yet--but it is an intriguing thought given the depth of the Pistons front court. Is there any reason to believe that this guy has game?
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There has been talk the Pistons will try to include Darko Milicic in some trade package this summer. Milicic, who turns 20 on Monday, has dropped hints about returning to play in Europe after next season, when the Pistons have the option of extending his deal.
-- Chicago Tribune
Written by Sam Smith. I have better sources about what goes on in the NBA than he does. In fact my sources keep telling me that there is a rumored deal that the Tribune wants to trade Smith to the the NY Post for Peter Vescey and a couple of bagels.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:50 PM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: freestyle Is there any reason to believe that this guy has game?
#2 pick overall, lots of talk about him. If it were any other draft, he probably would've been picked 1st, but he entered the same year as LeBron... I'm not entirely sure how he plays, but from what I've heard he's a big man with a great outside shot and a decent post-game, along the lines of Dirk, JO, Rasheed etc... Supposedly he's got tremendous potential and doesn't seem to have the work ethic problems that Kwame Brown does. I might be wrong about all that; I've never actually seen him play either, but that's what I hear.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:59 AM   #9
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I just read an article where Joe Dumars said they were very high on this kid. He said he has really shown stuff in practice, but it is too much to have expected him to emerge ahead of Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and McDyess. While I agree somewhat, when I saw him play he was a terrible defender and looks like he doesn't understand the game. He's got the athletic ability and the shooting ability to be great; however, does he have the intangibles? If the Mavs were to trade for him who would they have to give up? Devin Harris? Josh Howard? I'd probably have to pass if I were the Mavs brass.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:08 AM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Imagine if we got him without giving up Devin or Josh... Then we'd have a trio of future stars built around Dirk. Of course, it's a pipe dream, but still, it'd be pretty cool...