Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-24-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default General Draft Talk

If Dallas gets a late first rounder.... here are a few guys that may be there... do you think they take a chance on them? Any other late first rounder/early second rounders that you'd like the Mavs to snatch up?

Does anyone know why Martynas Andriuskevicius has fallen so much? Last year he was projected to go into the lottery. Now he will barely make the first round by most mocks. Do yall think Dallas might be eyeing him?

Johan Petro is another guy that has fallen a lot. Again... interest from the Mavs?

That kid from high school Andray Blatche.... he is a little bit lazy. But 6'11" 250... a possible Chris Bosh type. What better type guy to try and matchup with Amare than to get a Boshesque player.

Check him out

He seems like a worthy "chance" in the upper second round.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: General Draft Talk

I hope the Mavs don't have interest in Marty Andy. I do like Petro though, I think the Moiso factor scares off teams, as well as a reported attitude problem. Blatche, eh, not sold on him, would rather take a chance on Andrew Bynum.

I know they won't be there but the two guys that I would love to see the Mavs get are Danny Granger and Ike Diogu. As far as late 1st guys, Wayne Simien would probably be my choice, though I do like the idea of Johan Petro.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 01:20 AM   #3
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:General Draft Talk

Bayliss, thanks for starting this thread. I'm a sucker for drafts, fantasy, real life, whatever. Anyway, I am hoping the Mavs get at least a pick, whether it be in the first or second, I don't care. I am from the idea that a team can never have enough youth and potential, because the plataeu will then never be reached and then no decline can happen. I love the reloading we did the last two years and I would like to add one more, project or not.

Ok, here's my breakdown on guys I like in each round: (now some of these guys aren't what we need, but just like what they can be on the team given time)

1st Round:
obviously most of the top 10 guys would be great
Joey Grahm - physical and only going to get better
Ike Diogu - power player with Brand written all over him
Roko Ukic - fast player, very creative, could be a bigtime player in three years
Francisco Garcia - one of my favorites in the entire draft, I think this kid is really special
CJ Miles - hey, Skyline High, Dallas boy, be a good project for the 2 guard spot and dropping like a rock
Marty Andy - I think he has a promise high that no one is talking about, cause he was going top 10 last year. He's a project, but he's got really special talent.
Julius Hodge - Josh Howard clone and could be just as productive draft pick late in the first.

2nd Round:
Monta Ellis and Louis Williams - Both are like Iverson, but are major projects. I like them for a cheap second.
Salim Stoudimire - can shoot lights out and should have a good backup PG career in the NBA.
Nate Robinson - a guy 5'7 with a 40 plus vertical, need I say more
Travis Diener - work hard, blue collar guy that will make and stay on a team
Brandan Bass - very productive in college, best days are in front of him, kinda short, but can get it done in the paint, very phsyical.

BTW, here is a good place to check out the draft for free. They were very close to the final draft in last year's mock. One of my favs.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:40 AM   #4
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:General Draft Talk

I like David Lee or Rony Turiaf as guys we might be able to get with a second-rounder. Lee's a really athletic player with good basketball IQ, and Turiaf is a tough, defense-oriented PF. I think both could be valuable at the end of a front-court rotation behind Dirk, Damp, and KVH.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: General Draft Talk

I have been looking at Chris Taft for a while. He is noted to be A GREAT ATHELETE and a GREAT shot BLOCKER. I say we buy the Grizz 19th pick for 3 MILL and draft him.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote