Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-19-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Orlando holds Key workout (USA Today)

Key workout

The Magic held a key workout Friday that could shed some light on just how they plan to use the 11th pick in the June 28 NBA Draft. The Magic had power forwards Sean May (North Carolina), Wayne Simien (Kansas) and Charlie Villanueva (Connecticut) on hand for workouts, testing and interviews.

Opinions vary on which player fared best, but the Magic have made no secret of how much they like May. His stock soared following the NCAA Tournament when he guided UNC to the national championship and won Most Outstanding Player honors. May even helped himself at the Chicago Pre-Draft Camp, proving to be a better athlete than some suspected. His vertical leap was measured at 33 inches and his foot speed was as good or better than most other power forwards.

"To me I always thought I was this good, but I guess I got to show it in the tournament," May said. "Playing at Carolina you get a lot of spotlight and you are on TV so much, but because you are surrounded with so many good players sometimes it's hard to show what you can do. The success I had in the tournament helped me out. And I felt it was best to come out (of college) while I was hot."

If the Magic do draft a power forward it would most likely mean that they will shift last year's top overall selection, Dwight Howard, to center. Howard bulked up from 240 to 262 pounds last season and has said he feels he can comfortably carry 275 pounds as his body continues to mature. And doctors have told him in the past that his growth plates suggest that he will eventually grow to be 7-foot-1.

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Orlando holds Key workout (USA Today)

Sean May doesn't have a future in the league as a forward. He has very limited offensive skills. He must play center.

Also, this could mean either Cato or Battie is available.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote