Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
stressboy2

stressboy2 has a spectacular aura aboutstressboy2 has a spectacular aura aboutstressboy2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Dallas the facilitator

I know you guys might think these are crazy trades, but since only a few of the teams involved are trading players, they might not be so crazy. Oh and if you say why don't you just deal directly with Toronto or some such this is all to get the 5 or six spot in the draft not #7. I'm sure there is a way to get #3, but we don't really need it. In fact we don't really need any of picks, I just wanted to see if any of these made sense.

utah
-Boozer Harpring #6 #27 #51
+KVH #3
Get rid of Boozer's salary, pick up Paul or D Wiliams, and replace boozer with a Utah man
who they keep around, or trade at the deadline.

Dallas
-KVH
+J Rose #6
Lose a guy that is trade fodder for #6 and another max salary to trade next summer.

Portland
+#7 #16 #58 #51
Don't want a PG and get most value they can for #3.

Toronto
-Rose #7 #16 #58
+Boozer Harpring #27
Get a power player they could never get in Free agency in boozer for dumping Rose+#7
Harpring+#27 for #16 is an awesome trade.

Dallas does it in case one of the 2nd 3 drops (D. Williams, Paul, Green: not likely),
they think Webster or Wright is the bee's knees, or to trade down to #8 say with NY for
#8/#30 and pick up Wright/Turiaf for instance or Fry/McCants

Scenario #2
Charlotte
-#5 #13
+#3 #17 Rafer Alston
They get their man in Paul for essentially taking on Rafer and going down 4 spots
on thier second 1st rounder.(taking on Rafer would be the deal breaker in this 5 team deal
if there is one, but he is only making around 3mil a year so he should be able to be moved
and the guy can play)

Portland
+#7 #13
Get pretty close to the trade of #5 #13 they have coveted. They do this if Green is not their
main target.

Toronto
-Rose Rafer #7
+KVH Bradley
Dump their two worst malcontents for cap and fronline help and they keep their #16.

Indiana
-Pollard #17
+TAW 3Mil
Essentially sell #17 for about 6mil

Dallas
-KVH Bradley TAW
+Rose Pollard #5

You get a lotto pic, and 2 decent players for a wash on salary. Pollard can pick up Hendu's
spot, and at #5(Green? D Williams?, or another trade to a team really wants one of them) plus
you now have to trade some of the glut of your 2 guards.

I know big 3 and 4 team trades don't work much, much less a 5 team one, but hey it could be broken up into multiple trades if they needed to. The main thing is I thought these trades got the teams with picks closer to where they really wanted to be without giving up to much.

Stressboy
stressboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
MFFL41

MFFL41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas the facilitator

I don't really think we need to get in the draft. I feel we need a couple backups at the 4 and 5 and we are good to go. No need to take on more projects. Just my opinion
Old 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

If we want to get in the draft to get a 4/5, we can buy the Grizzlies pick for $3Mil and select Chris Taft. Simple and easy.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas the facilitator

Guys, guys, we are on the trade and draft board. As I stated the reason for posting this crazy stuff was not do we need to, but could we and do the trades work for all parties.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Daniles, Howard, Harris, DJ, Pavel....thats all the young stud/projects this team needs right now.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't do any of the trades. The last thing we need is to add a 5th swingman who will demand lots of minutes. We're overbooked there right now. We don't need more rookie projects. IMO either trade hurts the Mavs. If a trade hurts you, then you shouldn't do it.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #7
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

LRB,

Do you think the Mavs are going to sit on Fin/Stack/Danials? I don't think we are settled at the 2 spot for the future. Fin is getting old, Stack would be great as the backup, but he won't be happy and Danials has no perimiter game. If you think of the first trade and instead of KVH you put in Fin, would that get you to think about the trade?

I also think they will move KVH if they get the athletic five everyone wants (Gadzuric, Hunter etc.).

I would love to have a solid young 2 and I just don't think Danials is the guy unless he gets a solid outside shot. My question is why wait when there is a player that could be had at the 6-12 spot in Antoine Wright that is already a great shooter, has a decent inside game and has 3 years of college. If you thought Green or Webster would become a t-mac then maybe you go get one of them, because I'm convinced we need a killer that can get is own shot. Stack can get his but at 40% that is not what I'm talking about.

Stressboy
Old 06-20-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
Lebanese_Fan

I have a nice solution, play terry at 2 (a GREAT SHOOTER) and put Daniels at the point (A very good Passer and is under control when Penetrating). We will not loose size since Daniels is 6-6'. I think this is the best lineup for next season unless we make a trade. Stack should stay on the bench because he can manhandle any opposing bench player. But if he starts, he will not be as effective because he can be STOPPABLE.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Stressboy - I wonder if Charlotte would have any interest in a No. 13 for Daniels or Stackhouse swap? Also, would Wright still be there?

Old 06-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If you think of the first trade and instead of KVH you put in Fin, would that get you to think about the trade?
No it wouldn't. I really am not a proponent of Jalen Rose and a #6 draft pick , who will probably at best need a couple of years to solidly contribute on an NBA contending team, is not enough for me to take him on. I'll keep Fin.

Quote:
Do you think the Mavs are going to sit on Fin/Stack/Danials?
It wouldn't surprise me to see one of them gone, but it's certainly possible that all 3 could stay. We needed them all last year with the injuries that we had. And Fin may not be getting any younger, but he still provides an excellent outside shooter which we need. He's also coming off an injury which slowed him down and which hopefully he'll be healed from. Daniels was hurt almost all of last season if not all. Stack was a great 6th man, but he outside shot is too inconsistent and his shot selection too poor for me to want him starting for us with no NBA ready great shooting guard to back him up.

Quote:
. My question is why wait when there is a player that could be had at the 6-12 spot in Antoine Wright that is already a great shooter, has a decent inside game and has 3 years of college.
Because the odds are that he he won't be ready to play heavy minutes his rookie year and quite possibly the year after. Infact many of those players are busts. If we get a great deal I'm not adverse to trading Quis, but I want it to be a great deal, not a knee jerk reaction to Quis being injured this past year.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #11
Stressboy

kg,

I doubt Wright makes it to 13 and I'm not sure if the bobcats would trade for either Danials or Stack. I think they want cap and rookie contracts. They might trade #5 for Harris/benga or PPod, but you only do that if you think D williams or Green are sure fire bets. I thought about Danials to Orlando for #11, but there are no salaries that work except for Battie and they won't trade a big without us giving up more. Tronto at 7 or NY at 8 are the only other places you could make a trade unless you are helping Utah/Charlotte move up.

LRB,

I think Rose is a much better player than Danials, has a lot of the same skills so if you move KVH for Rose #6 you can then move Danials/Stack for a backup 4.

If you got Rose you have an NBA 2 guard. Fin/Rose/Rookie is pretty damn good to me with Terry getting time at the 2. Stack/Fin/Danials is maybe better for a year, but as for Wright, I think the kid can contribute now. He is smooth and shoots well. I would take that risk it is no worse than the Harris risk.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:23 AM   #12
Lebanese_Fan

ROSE has been a defensive liability his entire career. That last thing we want and the last thing AVREY wants is a defensive liability. He also is thirty something years old while Daniels is 23. No comparison.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #13
Stressboy

The comparison is that rose is a consitant 40% 3pt threat shoots 45% regular FG, shoots 80% from the ft line where Danials on his best year shoots 30% from 3, 50% from the field (all of it within 10 ft) and 76% from the ft line. I'm giving him the year before stats just to be fair. Danials gets more steals and does not turn the ball over much, but Rose has the ball twice as much and is in a situation much like Terry was at atlanta, except he has Bosh. All that said, I don't really like Rose all that much, but to say that we would not be fine with Fin/Rose/Terry/New SG would be a real insult. I mean the guy averaged 18 pts last year. As for defense, if Danials can't shoot his defense won't matter because he won't see the floor.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:13 AM   #14
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Rose is more like a 35% three point shooter for his career. His true shooting percentage over the span is right at 53%, which is solid efficiency when you look at his ppg. Daniels' numbers overall are lower, but Quis was a little bit more efficient than that standard his first year (53.6%), and is almost certainly a step up on defense, where Rose's +/- has been incredibly suspect 2 out of the last 3 years.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #15
Stressboy

Vince Carter was on cruise control with Raptors, but wouldn't we all have liked a do over to fleece Toronto on that one. I know Rose is no Vince Carter, but he might actually play his best for a contender. Who does that sound like?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 PM   #16
Stressboy

One other thing. I happen to think keeping a max expiring contract to trade for a high dollar player on a team gonig a different direction is a good thing. It can also facilite a sign and trade.

Options would be: Kidd, Marbury, Gasol, Boozer, Randolf, Bibby, Marion, Odom, Shaq, Ray Allen are some examples.

Of course with that said, it is probably best to hold onto KVH and try to use him in a S&T or trade this summer.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:47 PM   #17
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

It's possible, but last year isn't the only year his defensive numbers have matched his reputation. I actually think Rose's ability to play a distributor role would be a very nice fit for the Mavs and I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with the KVH for Rose/#7 you suggested, depending largely on how the Mavs felt about their options with that #7 and what they felt they'd be able to do to address the need for backup play at the PF and center positions (I do not consider resigning Henderson as the primary backup to Dirk to be a feasible option).