Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #41
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lorenzen Wright?

Lebanese, I didn't propose the deal, and I've never argued that Memphis would actually make it. Only looking at things from Dallas' side thus far.

As for the Wright/Williams suggestion, it's not good for both teams. It's terrific for Memphis and stupid for Dallas. Damp's better than Lorenzen, and Terry is better than Williams (Williams can not play D, btw; he's worthless on that end of the court).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #42
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Their numbers are similar. I just think Dampier has a greater impact on the defensive end. It's not like it's a horrible deal for Dallas. I just don't want to get weaker in the middle defensively, and I think that's what the deal does.
I agree -- so is their a player(s) that would offset the difference. I wouldn't do a Damp - Wright trade straight up. I just remember Memphis wanting Damp really bad, and saying that they would have given much more than Dallas did to get him. If they would give much more, and they want to sell their #19, and Watson is a UFA, and Wright wants to move...... then what kind of deal could be made. I just think that if you can get enough out of the "rest" of the deal, that trading Wright for Damp is pretty well a wash.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #43
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Another option for us is:
KVH for Jason Wiliams + Stromile Swift (via sign and trade) or KVH for Jason Wiliams + Lorenzen

They get rid of williams and we get our backup big.
GREAT DEAL FOR BOTH.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #44
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Lorenzen Wright?

Get me Channing Frye with #19 and I'm in.

Just say NO to Jwill...he would look real good in the ATL passing to those high flyers...they look like an And1 team.
Maybe they could draw as many people as And1 then.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #45
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another option for us is:
KVH for Jason Wiliams + Stromile Swift (via sign and trade) or KVH for Jason Wiliams + Lorenzen
I'd need more than that. I don't have any interest in Williams, and the best case scenario for the KVH/Swift swap is that it's a push. Swift may be an athlete, but Keith's a better basketball player.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #46
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lorenzen + Williams for Dampier + Terry.
No way in hell would I ever go for that trade. Mavs might be in danger of becoming a lottery team again if this one took place. Certainly we would be a far inferior team that what we were last season. Williams is horrible, and wright is not as effective clogging the middle as Damp. Plus we'd be replacing 2 starters who'd have to jell with the rest of the team.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:15 PM   #47
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Swift may be an athlete, but Keith's a better basketball player

A point that alot of fans never consider...well said.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #48
Lebanese_Fan

How bout this trade:

KVH straight up for Jason Williams and Wright.
Or better yet, Williams and STROMILE for KVH.

Both trades the grizz will do in a heartbeat since they wanna dump Williams.
So guys, make your pick, Stro or Wright.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #49
Lebanese_Fan

Sorry for the double post, didn't see it was on page 2. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #50
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take KVH --- Swift and Wright. They can keep Williams.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #51
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Their numbers are similar. I just think Dampier has a greater impact on the defensive end. It's not like it's a horrible deal for Dallas. I just don't want to get weaker in the middle defensively, and I think that's what the deal does.
I agree -- so is their a player(s) that would offset the difference. I wouldn't do a Damp - Wright trade straight up. I just remember Memphis wanting Damp really bad, and saying that they would have given much more than Dallas did to get him. If they would give much more, and they want to sell their #19, and Watson is a UFA, and Wright wants to move...... then what kind of deal could be made. I just think that if you can get enough out of the "rest" of the deal, that trading Wright for Damp is pretty well a wash.
Dalmations, I was going to say the same thing. West gripped about how he offered Golden State more talent and cap relief than the Mavs, but they still went with our deal. Could have been the Chris Mullin and Nellie connection, anyway, I think Memphis are still hot and heavy for a guy like Dampier. He's a much more physical guy than Lo Wright and scores a lot more baskets in the paint, Lo Wright has a similar offensive game to Bradley, a very consistent jumper, less dunks. But I love the idea of Battier/Lo Wright/#19 for Dampier and filler. I would then shop Stakhouse or Terry. With #19, take Bynum or another project C, then we have filled the need for a solid starting C, made room for a future C in the near future, and gotten younger, and less cap space.

I think if any deal had J. Will in it, it would have to give us another talent, such as Battier. I mean, Lo Wright and J. Will is the scrap from that team, no way they are moved for our prime pieces without them giving something in return.

EDIT: Lo Wright and #19 for Dampier is the only trade I could get to work that I had any thought about doing. Since we have too many swingmen in here already, I think we would have to get rid of Stak or Fin or Daniels before we took one back on. And you can't trade free agents so Earl can't be added unless you can guess what he will make and then match that with someone on our team. But I would think long and hard about the Lo Wright and #19 for Damp trade.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote