Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #81
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

"The Nuggets are a damn good basketball team, i like pretty much everyone on your team apart from Carmelo anthony. If you beat us I will root for you guys in the WCF but thats IF you beat us. Until then I'll have to keep hoping my Mavs somehow come back and send you guys into your off-season"

I wouldn't expect anything less.
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth View Post
Dallas is just out-manned. They have 3 scoring options: Dirk, Josh, and Terry. Everyone else just needs to play perfect basketball.

Denver's team profile is to produce turnovers by covering the passing lanes. That works against teams that require matchup advantages, like the Mavs. They don't double team, they just jam the passing lanes. That's also a great way to beat a point guard who can't score.

Dallas can't win this series, especially if Josh isn't playing. Let's face it, the first game was close for 3 quarters because Carmelo was on the bench. '

At home, the Mavs can win, but without Josh Howard? Come on. I hope I'm wrong, but I see this thing going 4-1 nuggets at best.
And two of those scoring options are seriously flawed. JET is almost exclusively a jumpshooter.. When he's on, he's very good, but he does run more hot and cold than a true scorer. He's a shooter. When the jumpshot isn't falling, he doesn't do the other things to make up for that. He doesn't post up.. He rarely takes the ball to the rim. He doesn't have a mid range game.

With Josh, well.. he's 'injured'. And, even though he had a very solid serious against the Spurs, he's still a mental midget as far as I'm concerned. He's still a guy that you just don't know where his head is going to be. I hope he's growing out of that. He is showing some signs, but I'm not ready to say he's an intelligent ball player by any stretch at this point.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #83
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he's still a mental midget as far as I'm concerned.
Yep. He makes you look smart.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #84
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

^Im guessing this is a shot.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #85
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Nuggets have quickly sored up to number 2 on my hate list (behind the spurs obviously), and it has nothing to do with this series. Trolls go away.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #86
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

'injured'?

what the hell.. with fans like this, you don't need enemies..

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #87
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't expect Denver to win a game at the AAC. The Mavs have been too good at home, with their only loss after the break being by 2 without Josh and Kidd to these same nuggets. Their role players have been killing us and role players don't perform all that well on the road in the playoffs. I expect to see a much better showing out of guys like Kidd, Barea, Damp and Bass. And I expect more whistles on a lot of those clear on the ball fouls that led to momentum swinging turnovers. IE chauncey getting Kidd on the arm in game 1, and JR's takeaway around the pick on Jet in game 2.

my bigger concern is when we're gonna put it together for a full game in Denver, because we only have 2 more shots at it. I don't know if it's a conditioning thing, or if it's Dirk having to carry too much of a load, but we're fading fast at the start of the 4th quarter and shooting ourselves in the foot with sloppy execution, turnovers, and no transition D. For the mavs to win a game in Denver, they can't have a single quarter with 5 turnovers. Taking care of the ball is why we had such success in the second quarter yesterday, and why we failed so miserably in the first and fourth.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #88
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Nuggets have quickly sored up to number 2 on my hate list (behind the spurs obviously), and it has nothing to do with this series. Trolls go away.
give them a break. Most of them don't know anything about playoff success so they're just giddy. Plus most of them don't know a damn thing about basketball because, well, it's Denver. Until they got Chauncey, they haven't exactly had a smart team to watch for the past 15 years.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #89
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
give them a break. Most of them don't know anything about playoff success so they're just giddy. Plus most of them don't know a damn thing about basketball because, well, it's Denver. Until they got Chauncey, they haven't exactly had a smart team to watch for the past 15 years.

Yeah....what he said.

We are giddy...and we haven't had much success over the years. There are a few of us who know a thing or too about the sport.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #90
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNugs View Post
Yeah....what he said.

We are giddy...and we haven't had much success over the years. There are a few of us who know a thing or too about the sport.
actually kinda like this guy. you guys have a great team and you'll be good for years to come. best of luck if you guys pull this out. But, for now.. GO MAVS!

Quote:
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #91
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

so... apparently I'm not allowed to go to vegas during the playoffs anymore.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:30 AM   #92
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Well for what its worth, the NBA rescinded the Techs on Hollins and Martin. Which I thought were both silly anyway...
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #93
GoNugs

The 3 days off between games is moronic.

Last edited by GoNugs; 05-07-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #94
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNugs View Post
The 3 days off between games is moronic.
Howard's ankle disagrees.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #95
ray_sir_6

ray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the rough

I think they need to give teams 3 days before playing in Denver. Give them time to adjust to the thinner air. That's always been how the NFL does it for games there. The teams go up there and practices a few days before the game.
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #96
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
I think they need to give teams 3 days before playing in Denver. Give them time to adjust to the thinner air. That's always been how the NFL does it for games there. The teams go up there and practices a few days before the game.
There's not enough time in the NBA season to give every team who plays in Denver 3 days to adjust... You can do it in the NFL because football only happens once a week - teams in the NBA tend to play 2-3 games a week, sometimes back-to-back...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-07-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #97
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Again, I can't say I'm surprised. The Nuggets are just better than the Mavs. I'm honestly fine with it at this point. I really could not be more pleased with the way the season has played out. I went through most of the season dreading a first round ass-whomping from the Lakers. We not only managed to win the first series, but we did it against the Spurs, and in only 5 games too. Knocking their smug asses out is almost worth losing to Denver.
1-9 yep, they definitely are better than us. Shows you the difference between a scoring PG, versus a playmaking PG.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:47 AM   #98
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemoeschmoe View Post
Hollins needs to start and be smarter about fouling so he can play a big load of minutes.
Hollins isn't suddenly going to get smarter about fouling. That's something that will only come with experience and a lot more playing time. It's not magically going to happen overnight, especially not against a team like Denver.

So forget it.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #99
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

esp since foul calls have a lot to do with how the refs view you - and so far hollins is an over eager scrub to them.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #100
nuggetsbrick

nuggetsbrick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dood, stop down playing Nene to make Damp look worse that he is. Nene is a good player and is gaining confidence and getting better with every game. Damp is playing bad this series. I would love to have Nene, especially over Damp, he is knocking down the 14-17 footers and making strong moves to the bucket, finishing well and becoming a force defensively.

We don't want your good luck for saturday or monday or if we move on to the next round, we want you to go away and forget this little place of awesomeness you stumbled upon. You are bringing bad karma to your own team with every post you make here.

Suck it trebek.
I told you I'd go away but...

I think I was right here and I was never trolling on this board.

The Mavs played better than I thought they would.

Props to Dirk, Howard, and Bass (last few games anyway).

Despite the 4-1 series, it was a lot closer than that score indicates and the Mavs genuinely had me worried.

Good luck next year.
nuggetsbrick is offline   Reply With Quote