Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2001, 10:58 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

This thread probably doesn't belong here but I was just wondering what everyones opinions are of Jason Kidd and the posibiliy of him being a Maverick again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2001, 10:59 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd's a playmaker and born leader, but he also beats up his wife. No thanks.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:00 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

hehe, ok. thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . I'm just brainstorming.

Old 05-07-2001, 11:01 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I wouldn't mind having him play alongside Nash (*ahem* as his backup) kind of like Eisley earlier this season, but you know there's no way he'd go for that.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:02 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

What about instead of Nash?

Old 05-07-2001, 11:03 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

You've got the right idea Rob. I think it's time we started discussing possible offseason moves. How about Howard (Juwan) to Portland for Davis, Anthony, and some filler? Wang ZhiZhi and Trent to Toronto for Antonio Davis? Don't blast me..these are just random packages.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:04 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Are you hearing rumors that the rest of us know nothing about? Hmmm?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:05 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

I'm not chucking Nash for anything outside of CWebb or Shaq right now. Not only is he Dirk's best buddy and the glue that holds the team together, but if we traded him, then that pick we traded that ended up being Marion would really come back to haunt us.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:06 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

No MFFL..we're just sick of arguing amongst ourselves about the Mavs' obvious shortcomings (experience) and would rather talk about ways to improve things [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2001, 11:08 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool, I just had to defend my boy. I prefer discussions like this. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2001, 11:10 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ok, here's what I was looking at. Peter Assflake(I know, I know, he's an idiot but...) said on NBA showtime saturday that the Suns are almost positivly going to trade Kidd this summer. And that they nearly traded him this year to the Grizz for Bibby and Rahim. That got me thinking 3 way. Haven't really thought about it much after that but the main pieces would be Bibby to Suns, Kidd to Dallas, Nash home to the Grizz.

Old 05-07-2001, 11:12 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

Doesn't Vancouver have a HUGE asian population?
Old 05-07-2001, 11:16 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

Yes but remember the team is relocating to Memphis.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:18 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

Dohhh!!! I forgot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] (x2)
Old 05-07-2001, 11:19 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

That wouldn't be too good a trade imo. I like Nash, and it's just now gotten to point where I no longer think about Marion in a Suns uni because of that trade. Only way I trade for Kidd is if we do so without losing part of the core (of which Juwan is NOT part of).
Old 05-07-2001, 11:21 PM   #16
MFFL
Guru

I thought Kidd and Marion were going to the Lakers for Kobe (assuming the Lakers DON'T win the title).
Old 05-07-2001, 11:23 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

My god that would be a killer trade for LA, whether or not they win it all! I'd do it in a heartbeat. Hell I'd dump Kobe for Delk/Marion! Kobe's a little prick..I really hope they ship him off to the East somewhere because I'm starting to warm up to Shaq. Lakers just gotta dump Kobe, Fox, and Jackson (I can't stand the Zen master!) and I may actually start to root for them.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:23 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Well I can't figure nothing out at realgm right now. I don't understand the salary cap and BYC and all that stuff.

btw, I'm not excited about trading Nash either, I'm just throwing somethings around right now.

Old 05-07-2001, 11:28 PM   #19
MFFL
Guru

One nice thing about Kidd (besides leading the NBA in assists), he rebounds the ball REALLY well for a guard. Hell, he rebounds well period!
Old 05-07-2001, 11:33 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

That's what Dale/Antonio Davis would do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2001, 11:34 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Anyone know how old Dale Davis is?

Old 05-07-2001, 11:36 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

32. Which is why I'd rather have Antonio (that and the fact that I don't want to help out the Blazers).
Old 05-07-2001, 11:39 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Doh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . I didn't know he was that old.

(note to self- switch brainstorming ideas from Dale to Antonio) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2001, 11:43 PM   #24
MFFL
Guru

I don't think the Blazers are going to trade Davis. They have to get value for him to justify having traded for him in the first place. They're going to want a player as good as Jermaine O'Neal for Davis, and everyone is going to laugh at them (not that anyone ISN'T laughing at the Blazers).
Old 05-07-2001, 11:46 PM   #25
MFFL
Guru

I thought that Antonio Davis is a dead lock for Orlando. Well, that's what I've read. Dammit, I miss NBATalk's rumor section. Thank God it's coming back soon.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:48 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

The fans/media will torch the Blazers if they DON'T start moving players though. They still need a legitimate big man to contend with Shaq (now that Sabonis and Kemp are essentially out) and Davis has clearly not lived up to any their preseason expectations. Couple that with the fact that Davis is unhappy with his role there, and that he's relatively old (it's obvious Portland needs to go on a youth movement, with aging veterans like Sabonis, Pippen, and Smith on their way out). I'm not saying we should definitely go after him, but I do believe he'll be on the market, available for a moderate price.
Old 05-08-2001, 02:25 AM   #27
djb
Administrator

Here's another name - Theo Ratliff
Old 05-08-2001, 04:12 AM   #28
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Ratliff would be a good fit at the 4/5 for us, he's like Calvin Booth except stronger and better.
Old 05-08-2001, 08:33 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

can we trade juwan howard and calvin booth for theo ratliff?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 08:39 AM   #30
MFFL
Guru

It will be very hard to trade Juwan and his contract. Doesn't it shoot up to $18 mill next year?
Old 05-08-2001, 08:51 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i know we're stuck with howard because of his contract.
it was just wishful thinking.

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 09:48 AM   #32
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

we need to trade wang. he's actually got value now, and people know he'll sell tickets. and he'll get more PT somewhere else. I like the Wang and trent to toronto for Davis. if toronto will do it.
Old 05-08-2001, 10:07 AM   #33
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

DJ you like Shaq??? NOOOOOOOOO, this can't be true!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2001, 01:01 PM   #34
djb
Administrator

My respect for Shaq has grown considerably this year, from the way he's handled his feud with Kobe, to his reaction to Nellie's cancer treatment. And if the rumors that he slept with Cindy Crawford are true.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2001, 02:09 PM   #35
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

oh, man. SNL's weekend update had something funny on that. (The cindy crawford thing)

"Shaquille O'Neal has recently been quoted as saying that he has had sex with cindy crawford. Crawford released a statement denying Shaq's claim. However, Crawford's side of the story is a little less believable, considering she had recently been SPLIT IN HALF!"

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2001, 02:29 PM   #36
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Eisley/Howard

For

Ratlif/Knight/Nazy

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2001, 02:42 PM   #37
djb
Administrator

HAHAHA BBL that's fuggin hilarious [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh and there's an article posted over at ESPN that says Shaq was just kidding when he slept with Cindy Crawford, Venus Williams, and Aaliyah. NAWWWW...NO KIDDING?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2001, 02:43 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

Dammmn Rob! Talk about shoving it up Atlanta's..
Old 05-08-2001, 09:08 PM   #39
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

While Kidd would be nice, I'm not at all sure I'd be willing to give up Nash for him (relative sturdiness is about the only reason I would consider it). But we do desperately need a good backup for Nash--but at the moment I don't have a clue who we might want. All my ideas are starting guards and we need an honest roleplayer.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 11:06 PM   #40
MFFL
Guru

Maybe Eisley can be that man. Now that the Utah series is over, he is a whole new player. He is hitting shots, running the floor, and generally doing a solid job of being a backup point. I've been as hard on Eisley as anbody, but maybe he might be serviceable. Hell, it was a challenge for someone who was in such a structured offense to come to the Mavs. Sometimes we as fans give up on a player too quickly.