Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-24-2022, 11:54 AM   #1361
rimrocker
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,209
rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Tyler Dorsey signs 2 way deal with the Mavs
Not overly enthusiastic about this but doesn't really matter.

Would have rather signed a 22 yo Lawson who is bigger, can play defense, rebounds and shot 50% from 3 in the summer league, than a 26 yo who has only shot 35% from 3 and has a seemingly very limited upside.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-24-2022 at 11:56 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2022, 12:33 PM   #1362
SMC0007
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 12,001
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Not overly enthusiastic about this but doesn't really matter.

Would have rather signed a 22 yo Lawson who is bigger, can play defense, rebounds and shot 50% from 3 in the summer league, than a 26 yo who has only shot 35% from 3 and has a seemingly very limited upside.
Yea on the surface it seems like an odd decision to lock into Dorsey that early.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:59 AM   #1363
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.
 
EricaLubarsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 37,817
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Moses Wright is signing a guaranteed deal in China with the Zhejiang Golden Bulls and is expected to waive his two-way deal.

Can we rewind time and sign Lawson to the second two-way?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:23 PM   #1364
SMC0007
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 12,001
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Moses Wright is signing a guaranteed deal in China with the Zhejiang Golden Bulls and is expected to waive his two-way deal.

Can we rewind time and sign Lawson to the second two-way?
If we can rewind time, that's a small ask. I'd definitely grant it. I would choose to get prime Dirk back to play with Doncic.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 08:00 PM   #1365
rimrocker
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,209
rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If we can rewind time, that's a small ask. I'd definitely grant it. I would choose to get prime Dirk back to play with Doncic.
And....Aguirre, Blackman, Chandler, Nash, Tarpley, Marion, JET, Kidd, D. Ellis, and Perkins.

That would be my dream 12 if we could rewind.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:35 AM   #1366
MFFL
Guru
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,973
MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
D. Ellis

That would be my dream 12 if we could rewind.
You would take Ellis over Finley? Blasphemy!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 03:20 PM   #1367
rimrocker
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,209
rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
You would take Ellis over Finley?
Yep...without question.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-30-2022 at 03:21 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:31 PM   #1368
liqwidhalo
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 28
liqwidhalo has a spectacular aura aboutliqwidhalo has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
And....Aguirre, Blackman, Chandler, Nash, Tarpley, Marion, JET, Kidd, D. Ellis, and Perkins.

That would be my dream 12 if we could rewind.
No Jamal Mashburn?
liqwidhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:54 AM   #1369
FreshJive
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,208
FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liqwidhalo View Post
No Jamal Mashburn?
Nash, Fin, Mashburn, Marion, Chandler
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:43 AM   #1370
washedklean77
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 90
washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
You would take Ellis over Finley? Blasphemy!
Finley was a beast here for his first 5 to 6 seasons when he was a tremendous slasher and finisher at the rim. Then he fell in love with the jumpshot and he was never the same. If his shots weren't falling, he was then a liability on both ends of the court. Same can be said for THJ today.
__________________
There's more to fear in overcoming internal inadequacies and laziness than there is in our outside competition.
washedklean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:25 AM   #1371
BPo001
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,214
BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Chris Haynes: The NBA has begun an investigation into the New York Knicks for alleged tampering regarding free agent pickup Jalen Brunson, sources inform @YahooSports. ? via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

NBA will look into whether New York Knicks made contact with Jalen Brunson prior to the start of the free agency period. ?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #1372
SMC0007
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 12,001
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
Finley was a beast here for his first 5 to 6 seasons when he was a tremendous slasher and finisher at the rim. Then he fell in love with the jumpshot and he was never the same. If his shots weren't falling, he was then a liability on both ends of the court. Same can be said for THJ today.
Yea. I remember Finley as a frustrating player at points because like THJ...how can you not dribble drive more effectively.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:57 AM   #1373
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,464
DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea. I remember Finley as a frustrating player at points because like THJ...how can you not dribble drive more effectively.
Finley was a much better ball handler than THJ though even if he was mediocre at it. Problem with Fin is he had the same move every time against the defender. Ball up, out, down, then drive. Too predictable.

As far as this Dale Ellis thing goes...Seattle's Ellis, hell yes over Finley. Dallas's Ellis wasn't that player, so Fin for sure.
__________________
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #1374
rimrocker
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,209
rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Finley was a much better ball handler than THJ though even if he was mediocre at it. Problem with Fin is he had the same move every time against the defender. Ball up, out, down, then drive. Too predictable.

As far as this Dale Ellis thing goes...Seattle's Ellis, hell yes over Finley. Dallas's Ellis wasn't that player, so Fin for sure.
Ellis was on the verge of a major breakout with the Mavs, but they were simply too deep for him to take on a major role.
He was a legit starter, but no way was he moving Blackman or Aquirre to the bench.
They were in a position where they had to move him.

But damn...the Mavs made the worst trade in Mavs history (imo) when they traded Dale Ellis for Al Wood. That might be one of the most memorable unbalanced trades in NBA history for some of us old-timers.

They had a similar situation shortly after with Schrempf. They botched that one too by trading him and a 2nd rounder (Antonio Davis) for Herb Williams.

Mark Price for a 2nd rounder was another stupid move the Mavs made.

But to be honest, I'd take Schrempf over Fin in my dream 12.
My internal debate was between Schrempf and Ellis in my initial post.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-01-2022 at 09:06 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:15 AM   #1375
purplefrog
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: state of eternal optimism
Posts: 2,653
purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I have this gut feeling that the Heat are salivating at the prospect of adding Donovan Mitchell to a starting five with Butler, Bam, and Lowry. Especially, if they are going to keep pace with the Celtics. The problem is that Miami will need a third team to make it happen because the Jazz are not likely thrilled about the idea of taking on Duncan Robinson's four year contract. Mavs would be in a position to be the third team to make this work. The most straightforward trade being the Mavs send THJ and his three year contract (salary goes down every year) to Utah with Robinson coming to the Mavs. I am not sure that is a great deal for the Mavs but the following might make more sense:

Miami trades:
Robinson to the Mavs
Herro to the Jazz
Oladipo to the Jazz
Several 1st round draft picks to the Jazz

Utah trades:
Mitchell to the Heat
Jared Butler to the Heat (Rudy Gay also works)
Beverley to the Mavs

Mavs trade:
THJ to the Jazz
Powell to the Jazz

Outcome:
Miami receives Mitchell and Butler (or Gay)
Jazz receive Herro, Oladipo, THJ, Powell, draft picks
Mavs receive Robinson and Beverley

It is a lot for the Heat to give up for Mitchell but I am not sure they have much choice if they are going to compete with the Celtics. Boston absolutely won the offseason in my opinion given the additions of Brogdon and Gallo. Miami has to do something and Mitchell is the best option they have if they want to keep their core.

Note: Adding Butler or Gay is not necessary to make the trade work (Mitchell alone works), but the Jazz would need to trade one more player because I do not believe they have enough roster slots otherwise. They could waive Powell immediately as a third option.
__________________
"Truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it. Ignorance may deride it. Malice may distort it. But there it is." - Winston Churchill
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:50 PM   #1376
BPo001
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,214
BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I have this gut feeling that the Heat are salivating at the prospect of adding Donovan Mitchell to a starting five with Butler, Bam, and Lowry. Especially, if they are going to keep pace with the Celtics. The problem is that Miami will need a third team to make it happen because the Jazz are not likely thrilled about the idea of taking on Duncan Robinson's four year contract. Mavs would be in a position to be the third team to make this work. The most straightforward trade being the Mavs send THJ and his three year contract (salary goes down every year) to Utah with Robinson coming to the Mavs. I am not sure that is a great deal for the Mavs but the following might make more sense:

Miami trades:
Robinson to the Mavs
Herro to the Jazz
Oladipo to the Jazz
Several 1st round draft picks to the Jazz

Utah trades:
Mitchell to the Heat
Jared Butler to the Heat (Rudy Gay also works)
Beverley to the Mavs

Mavs trade:
THJ to the Jazz
Powell to the Jazz

Outcome:
Miami receives Mitchell and Butler (or Gay)
Jazz receive Herro, Oladipo, THJ, Powell, draft picks
Mavs receive Robinson and Beverley

It is a lot for the Heat to give up for Mitchell but I am not sure they have much choice if they are going to compete with the Celtics. Boston absolutely won the offseason in my opinion given the additions of Brogdon and Gallo. Miami has to do something and Mitchell is the best option they have if they want to keep their core.

Note: Adding Butler or Gay is not necessary to make the trade work (Mitchell alone works), but the Jazz would need to trade one more player because I do not believe they have enough roster slots otherwise. They could waive Powell immediately as a third option.
I?m not super interested in Robinson with Bertans on the roster. I saw somewhere earlier Mavs are shopping THJ. Robinson?s contract is rough though. Basically Bertans but longer I think.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #1377
liqwidhalo
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 28
liqwidhalo has a spectacular aura aboutliqwidhalo has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Hell no to Duncan Robinson, rather keep Bertans.
liqwidhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.