Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-07-2002, 09:04 PM   #1
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Doesn't Kerry Kittles look like Joe Camel?

Unfortunately, that's the most worthwhile thing I've noticed for this game.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2002, 09:07 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thankful the Nets had a better start than the first game.

The disturbing thing is...Lakers look like they are toying with the Nets. Everytime they get within 3-5 points, Lakers just go back up 10-12 points.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2002, 09:13 PM   #3
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

NBA FINALS 2002

Wake me up when training camp starts...
Old 06-07-2002, 09:16 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

It DOES kinda look like a starter v. scrub scrimmage.

Volume down with Walton as a commentator. NBC and its advertisers would do well to find someone else.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:17 PM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

ABC has already said Walton will be on their #1 Team next season...

Please shoot me now.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:22 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I like Walton, although his lips are firmly attached to Shaq's rather ample ass tonight.

If you want to talk about miserable human beings, though, let's start with Jim Gray. The guy looks more and more like a moron every time he shows up. He had the nerve to try and compare Willis Reed's historic performance on one leg to Shaq having an arthritic toe. He asked Reed what courage Shaq must have to play in such pain, to which Reed responded, "He's hurt?" LOL Gray is a loser.

Old 06-07-2002, 09:23 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Double post.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:27 PM   #8
Hales233
Golden Member

Bill Walton sucks as a commentator...He Sucks.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:01 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< ABC has already said Walton will be on their #1 Team next season...

Please shoot me now.
>>

Better yet...shoot him. Now.

Small wonder ABC is the 3rd-ranked network.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:35 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Bill Walton blows monkeys
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 11:38 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

and this series was over before it started.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:47 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

<< Bill Walton blows monkeys >>

and the monkeys complain.
Old 06-08-2002, 05:00 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

hahahaha...he sucks at that too.
Old 06-08-2002, 06:47 PM   #14
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

Nothing can make this pitiful series enjoyable. Not even Nets winning a couple of games. Boring.
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 07:19 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

The championship was determined with a referees whistle in Game 6.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:42 AM   #16
Hales233
Golden Member

&lt;&lt;The championship was determined with a referees whistle in Game 6. &gt;&gt;

Amen.
Old 06-09-2002, 10:55 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i wish we could move past this.. as badly as the 4th quarter of game 6 was officiated.... people tend to forget that the lakers were ripped by the officials in a 1pt loss in game 5

so let's say the officials &quot;cost&quot; the lakers game 5 and the kings game 6. well, that comes out about even
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 01:02 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

I don't buy this crap that the Kings benefitted from the overall ref calls in the series. What a load of crap.
Old 06-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

One thing...we know that interest in the games has been 15% lower than in years past. The league wanted the lakers and the fans have responded by not watching.

here is a link.
Old 06-09-2002, 04:55 PM   #20
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

New Jersey doesn't support that franchise. They should euthanize the Knicks and move the Nets into MSG.
Old 06-09-2002, 05:00 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

The Knicks really do suck. And I don't see them getting any better for a couple of years.
Old 06-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #22
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

Whether you believe it or not or think it is crap or not, the fact is that the Kings got more freethrows and less fouls throughout the series.

Freethrows:

Kings: 29.1 avg
Lakkers: 26.4 avg

Fouls:

Kings: 24.7 avg
Lakers: 25.6 avg

The most suspect game against the Kings is game 6 where the Lakers got a total of 15 more freethrows than Kings. But in game 3 Kings got 20 more freethrows than Lakers.

And that still doesn't disprove that the game was not fixed. I think most Laker fans would not want their team winning by cheating and would want to know if the game was artificially altered. But is there any proof that the &quot;fix&quot; was in? A confession from a ref or an NBA official, a ref caught taking cash to make certain calls beneficial to that party, was there any suspicious bank transactions.....anything? If all this conspiracy talk keeps up with absolutely no hard proof, some normally rational ppl are going to look like those freaks that believe there a governament cover-up of alien existance in Roswell.

My opinion.

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 07:07 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

the laker homer returns.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:15 PM   #24
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< i wish we could move past this.. as badly as the 4th quarter of game 6 was officiated.... people tend to forget that the lakers were ripped by the officials in a 1pt loss in game 5

so let's say the officials &quot;cost&quot; the lakers game 5 and the kings game 6. well, that comes out about even
>>

An alternative point of view is that game 5 is the first game in years where the refs simply called Shaq by the rules.

I like Shaq, but the refs let him get away with murder--in part because most of the time they also let the other team get away with murder in playing Shaq. I wish they would just play both straight up. Yes, Shaq would foul out of more games for awhile, but I think he has the abilities and skills to adjust.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 07:19 PM   #25
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< h they would just play both straight up. Yes, Shaq would foul out of more games for awhile, but I think he has the abilities and skills to adjust. >>

Very true.

How many times in the games in the Finals did Jason Collins get leveled and not a damn thing was called. (At several points, even the Laker homer Bill pointed out &quot;how was that not an offensive foul?&quot
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 07:22 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

I wish they would just play both straight up. Yes, Shaq would foul out of more games for awhile, but I think he has the abilities and skills to adjust.

an excellent point. Shaq gets away with felony assault.