Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #41
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:THE OFFICIAL: "Get TAG to Dallas" campaign

if i'm ostertag, i look at dallas and ask myself.."will i get playing time? i can't shoot 3s"..if don nelson is going to play this guy for 15 mins a game and use dirk for 33 at center, then forget it

on the other hand, if we got rid of nelson and got a tough coach, i would love to see this lineup at the end of games

nash, fin, dirk, ostertag, bradley

that would be deadly..i don't think anyone would question the mavericks defense
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2004, 12:17 AM   #42
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

last time i checked, none of scott williams, shawn bradley, and danny fortson can shoot 3, and they play a combined 30 something minutes.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:48 AM   #43
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: superheadcat
last time i checked, none of scott williams, shawn bradley, and danny fortson can shoot 3, and they play a combined 30 something minutes.
with that being said super, how many minutes would Tag get....and would that be a concern????

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:18 AM   #44
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE (March 15, 2003)

INDIANAPOLIS -- Karl Malone didn't even feel the contact. Greg Ostertag still was feeling it hours later.
While both players scrambled for a rebound midway through the third quarter Friday, Malone's right elbow landed flush, and hard, on Ostertag's head, just above his right eye. The Jazz center collapsed to the floor, unconscious from the blow, while Malone continued to battle for the loose ball, finally diving on the floor to force a jump ball.
Geez - that's hardly fair - Malone could get a job slaughtering beef with those elbows.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:25 AM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: THE OFFICIAL: "Get TAG to Dallas" campaign

I want to sound the horrible joke alert.......if you see Max....please do not approach him....just contact the authorities.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:35 AM   #46
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: superheadcat
with that being said super, how many minutes would Tag get....and would that be a concern????
Hmm, well, Shawn CAN shoot the occasional three, maybe even at a higher rate than Walker ...
Old 03-01-2004, 10:20 PM   #47
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

I just noticed Jarron Collins has started the last 5 games for the Jazz, and Tag has come of the bench. Does anybody know a reason for this? Does it mean that the Jazz are definitely going to let Greg walk this summer, and they want to start grooming Collins as their starting center?
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:46 PM   #48
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

believe it or not I actually prefer Scott Williams.

Id like to have a starter with Bradley coming off the bench and Williams waving his towel from the pine.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:51 PM   #49
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

it would be very nice to see us acquire ostertag and keep williams around for another year ..a center lineup of tag/bradley/ and williams with fortson as a backup center/pf isnt to shabby

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:14 PM   #50
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the option of Tag or Malone for the MLE this summer which do you choose? Would it be possible to get both?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:43 PM   #51
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
If you have the option of Tag or Malone for the MLE this summer which do you choose? Would it be possible to get both?
TAG without question would be the choice of preference. I would be very unwelcome to Malone coming here to be treated like royalty after he deliberately threw his elbow into Nash's face and furthermore he does not address our needs down low whereas a true center (ostertag) could.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-08-2004, 01:21 PM   #52
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I was laughing about this old thread the other day when I watched the Mavs play the Kings.

Bumpety Bump Bump...
Old 11-08-2004, 02:34 PM   #53
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I was laughing about this old thread the other day when I watched the Mavs play the Kings.

Bumpety Bump Bump...
With Nash's departure combined with our need for a suitable backup p/f behind Dirk I wouldn't mind now welcoming Malone to this squad as a backup.

As much as I despise Malone, I must place the team's interest before my personal feelings, although, if Malone were to go anywhere else I would wish him nothing but failure.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:37 PM   #54
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:

Bumpety Bump Bump...
Yes. Let us keep this thread alive as a reminder to all.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #55
Mavs4skin

Mavs4skin is on a distinguished road

Except he would have been the starter in Big D in Sac he's the backup. He 's not as bad as Bradley for sure. Affects plays without showing up in the stats. Can also set a mean screen.
Mavs4skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #56
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs4skin
Except he would have been the starter in Big D in Sac he's the backup. He 's not as bad as Bradley for sure. Affects plays without showing up in the stats. Can also set a mean screen.

yeah yeah that's the ticket...(wink wink nudge nudge.)
Old 11-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #57
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
it would be very nice to see us acquire ostertag and keep williams around for another year ..a center lineup of tag/bradley/ and williams with fortson as a backup center/pf isnt to shabby
hahahahaha
Old 11-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
believe it or not I actually prefer Scott Williams.

Id like to have a starter with Bradley coming off the bench and Williams waving his towel from the pine.
I got my wish!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:29 PM   #59
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
hahahahaha
yeah yeah [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

it's a darn good thing i didn't get my wish

Old 11-10-2004, 12:33 AM   #60
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

dampier is not phenomenal. He will not dominate 82 games, but this thread certainly shows the kind of optimism we had for this team. Ostertag was our biggest wish.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #61
XERXES
Diamond Member

so true...so true.

we've had such mediocrity for so long at the 5 that our pants were going crazy at the thought of Tag.

I'm glad some of us don't run sports teams - especially Dirkenstein! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 04:22 PM   #62
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Dampier is much more athletic than the lumbering Ostertag. I'm not sure if Ostertag was a real consideration, but I am glad they went another direction.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #63
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
so true...so true.

we've had such mediocrity for so long at the 5 that our pants were going crazy at the thought of Tag.

I'm glad some of us don't run sports teams - especially Dirkenstein! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
OK..OK [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll be on one of the few to admit that I may have gone overboard on my fascination with Tag being in Dallas, but I did value Damp much higher than Tag. I just thought it would be a pipe dream to think we could land him. And to not totally bash on Tag, he is suffering through an injury to his hand so he's not as bad as it seems. But don't get me wrong, in the long run I'm glad we ended up with Damp

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:12 PM   #64
XERXES
Diamond Member

for a minute I forgot who had started this obscene thread...

did you ever consider starting these threads:

1) The official "Get Sean Rooks to Dallas Thread..."

2) The official "Bring Eric Montross out of retirement Thread..."

or maybe

3) The official "How Can We Steal Eschmeyer Back Thread..."

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2004, 06:04 PM   #65
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
for a minute I forgot who had started this obscene thread...

did you ever consider starting these threads:

1) The official "Get Sean Rooks to Dallas Thread..."

2) The official "Bring Eric Montross out of retirement Thread..."

or maybe

3) The official "How Can We Steal Eschmeyer Back Thread..."

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Add to that list:

The official "Trade for Cherokee Parks now Thread" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote